PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever translated The Great Modron March to 3.x?

Pika...
2009-10-19, 07:15 PM
So I am becoming more and more in love with this wonderful race, and after coming across this and doing some research I know I must sooner or later run this module. Because of this I am hoping someone has already transferred the module over.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

deuxhero
2009-10-19, 07:17 PM
I'd love to know if anyone ever translated Modron's period to 3.X. Races that aren't riped from Tolkien are good (3.5 seemed to have a policy of ruining any published ones via LA, regardless of if they deserved it.)

MethosH
2009-10-19, 07:19 PM
I'd love to know if anyone ever translated Modron's period to 3.X. Races that aren't riped from Tolkien are good (3.5 seemed to have a policy of ruining any published ones via LA, regardless of if they deserved it.)

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/modrons.zip

Zaydos
2009-10-19, 07:20 PM
Modrons were in Dragon Magazine issue #354. Only has stats for the base modrons though, although I believe a Dungeon Magazine had one Hierarch Modron. Also, Primus was presented in a Dragon Magazine as a Vestige but I have no idea which issue that was.

Edit: Ninja'd and outdone

Pika...
2009-10-19, 07:53 PM
Modrons were in Dragon Magazine issue #354. Only has stats for the base modrons though, although I believe a Dungeon Magazine had one Hierarch Modron. Also, Primus was presented in a Dragon Magazine as a Vestige but I have no idea which issue that was.

Edit: Ninja'd and outdone

I have been googling all over to try and see which Dungeon issue has the Hiearch Modron. Anyone know?

ps. I always ignored the fluff about the Modron race being destroyed by the formians and such. It now seems that the Orcus incident was actually not Dragon Magazine making stuff up, but due to this module anthology?

If so, is the evil Modrons and big ants destroying them junk also canon?

sadie
2009-10-19, 08:22 PM
I have been googling all over to try and see which Dungeon issue has the Hiearch Modron. Anyone know?

ps. I always ignored the fluff about the Modron race being destroyed by the formians and such. It now seems that the Orcus incident was actually not Dragon Magazine making stuff up, but due to this module anthology?

It's your world, you get to decide what's canon. Don't let a piece of paper stop you from running a great game. :)

Zaydos
2009-10-19, 08:34 PM

Check the Dragon Magazine, I think it lists it (that's where I found out about the Dungeon hierarch modron).

Have to say I like that someone is actually using modrons, I've only ran them once and then it was a short adventure dealing with ones driven mad by going through the far realm so it didn't capture the feel which modrons have.

Teron
2009-10-19, 08:59 PM
I'm not aware of any material that states the modrons were destroyed. According to Dragon, some of the modrons were corrupted by Tenebrous's influence when he killed and impersonated Primus -- not brought under his control, but pushed to aberrant behaviour by the exposure to chaos and evil -- and the Primus he killed became a vestige. The rest of the modrons retreated to their central holdings in Mechanus to sort themselves out under a new Primus, incidentally making it easier for the formians to expand and become the dominant, or at least the most visible, presence on the plane.