PDA

View Full Version : New Feat (3.5) for Planetouched

Zaydos
2009-10-19, 08:07 PM
I just came up with this on the spur of the moment and figured I'd see what people think about it.

Diabolic Eyes (Racial):
The blood of devils runs through your veins granting you the power to see through even magical darkness.
Prerequisites: Tiefling, or half-fiend; other half templates and planetouched descended from Baatezu (DM's discretion) are allowable.
Benefits: Your darkvision now works in magical darkness. In addition you can add your Int modifier to all Spot checks you make.

deuxhero
2009-10-19, 08:24 PM
The 2nd part looks to be like it would be absolutely nothing for most tieflings and half fiends.

Zaydos
2009-10-19, 08:28 PM
Ultimately the first part can be copied with a 1st level spell (Ebon Eyes) so I wanted to give it something else to make it better than a 1st level spell. Since it was improving your vision already I made it spot related.

deuxhero
2009-10-19, 08:38 PM
However both valid races take charisma penalties and may not even have 10 charisma, let alone a charisma bonus.

Zaydos
2009-10-19, 09:00 PM
:smallredface:I forget that in 3.X they gave tieflings a charisma penalty (in 2e they were supposed to be charismatic), but half-fiends do get a charisma bonus (only +2, I thought it was +4). Maybe I should make it Int?

deuxhero
2009-10-19, 09:14 PM
Oh, Half-Fiends have a bonus, should have checked that first (and it does not make that much sense for Tieflings to be charisma peneltied when most demon/devil abilities, like warlocks, sorcerers and others, are based on Int).

Int based sounds good. It's not like you can make a spotlomancer.

Zaydos
2009-10-19, 09:25 PM
Changed the name to Diabolic Eyes and changed it to Int instead of Cha.

Zaydos
2009-10-20, 04:35 PM
I thought up another feat. This one isn't specifically limited to planetouched, but it is drawn from 2e Tiefling fluff and seemed to fit in well enough since it does have tieflings in mind as the primary recipients.

Sigil Waif
You were raised on the streets of the Cage, the City of Doors. On its harsh streets you learned to pick pockets and to con the Clueless.
Prerequisites: Must have been raised in Sigil, 1st level only.
Benefits: Regardless of your class Sleight of Hand, Open Locks, and Bluff are always class skills for you. In addition when using any of these skills directly on a creature from the Prime with less than 10 ranks of Knowledge (the Planes) you gain a +2 bonus.

So what does everyone here think?

charl
2009-10-20, 06:04 PM
I thought up another feat. This one isn't specifically limited to planetouched, but it is drawn from 2e Tiefling fluff and seemed to fit in well enough since it does have tieflings in mind as the primary recipients.

Sigil Waif
You were raised on the streets of the Cage, the City of Doors. On its harsh streets you learned to pick pockets and to con the Clueless.
Benefits: Regardless of your class Sleight of Hand, Open Locks, and Bluff are always class skills for you. In addition when using any of these skills directly on a creature from the Prime with less than 10 ranks of Knowledge (the Planes) you gain a +2 bonus.

I like this one.

Tibbaerrohwen
2010-05-15, 03:47 PM
Sigil Waif

I like it but it does feel allot like the City Slicker feat; same basic flavour. I don't see why being raised in Sigil would be a pre-req, because it seems any street-rat urban environment would do the same. I suppose it would be at the DM discression.

Soulblazer87
2010-09-25, 02:56 PM
Hmm... made one for me some time ago. Dunno if you'd use it, but I found it usefull.

Improved Outsider Heritage [General, Planetouched]
Your planetouched heritage manifests itself more powerfully through you.
Prerequisites: HD4, Respective ability 16, member of a planetouched race.
Benefit: Upon selection of this class, choose a benefit that suits your race.
Wings (Dex): You gain wings that allow you to fly with speed equal to your land speed and average manouevrability. You may fly for a number of rounds equal to your Constitution Modifier. At 7HD, you are more accustomed to flight and can fly as long as you wish. Flight in medium or heavier armor is impossible, as is with encumbrance greater than light. If you fall, for whatever reason, your wings unfurl and powerful ligaments tense, reducing the damage of falling to 1D6. This is an extraordinary ability, even though it comes from supernatural sources. You may hide or reveal your wings as a standard action, but doing so is a magical effect.
Energy Resistance (Con): You gain resistance 10 to one type of energy.
Powerful Build (Str): If it would be beneficial to you, you are considered one size larger for the purposes of weapon use or combat manouevres.
Armored Skin (Con): You gain natural armor +1 as your skin hardens.
Special: This feat may be selected multiple times. It's effects stack as long as they are within reason.