PDA

View Full Version : Benifits to playing an outsider?

deuxhero
2009-10-19, 08:37 PM
What exactly are the benefits of full planetouch stats? Did I miss anything with this list?

*Martial Weapons proficiency
*Alter Self forms
-Can be targeted by outsider effecting spells like planar binding.
* Immune to "person" spells -including "enlarge person" and other buffs.

Starbuck_II
2009-10-19, 08:57 PM
What exactly are the benefits of full planetouch stats? Did I miss anything with this list?

*Martial Weapons proficiency
*Alter Self forms
* Immune to "person" spells -including "enlarge person" and other buffs.

Polymorph. Remember Polymoph doesn't grant outsiders unless it is your type.

deuxhero
2009-10-19, 09:09 PM
Anything else? I think I heard mention of feats that require you to be an outsider. Are they any good.

Milskidasith
2009-10-19, 09:13 PM
Well, Lesser X lets you get powerful races where you can get all the other benefits at no LA.

So good stats, immune to some humanoid only spells (good and bad) and can polymorph into other outsiders.

deuxhero
2009-10-19, 09:15 PM
Aren't Lesser Planetouched are humanoids, just that they can get targeted by the bad outsider type effected spells?

Flickerdart
2009-10-19, 09:45 PM
Yep. Lesser Planetouched lose the benefits of the Outsider type.

Magnor Criol
2009-10-19, 10:56 PM
Outsider HD also grants all good saves, fighter BAB, rogue skill points, and d8 hit die - which while a racial HD might not be as good as a class level in most cases, you can do far worse than an outsider HD.

But yeah, the biggest benefit to being an outsider is the automatic martial weapon proficiency and (more importantly) the ability to use polymorph for some real cheese.

Crafty Cultist
2009-10-20, 12:26 AM
Non-native outsiders do not eat or sleep

Malacode
2009-10-20, 04:48 AM
Don't forget Alter Self. Okay, okay, so it's part of the polymorph line... But you can cast it at level three, and the NA and movement modes of Outsiders are pretty awesome at that level. At level five you can get like, NA 18 through Alter Self this way, IIRC.

Foryn Gilnith
2009-10-20, 08:22 AM

Casting this spell attempts a dangerous act: to lure a creature from another plane to a specifically prepared trap, which must lie within the spell’s range
1) The range is 25 feet+5/2 levels. The casting time is 10 minutes. Not a threat.
2) This, and most other supposedly outsider-targeting spells, specify [extraplanar] either directly or obliquely ("from another plane" in this text). Merely being an "outsider" doesn't change much.

Fluffles
2009-10-20, 09:19 AM
All good saves? 8+int mod skills? SLAs?

Flickerdart
2009-10-20, 09:21 AM
All good saves? 8+int mod skills? SLAs?
Planetouched don't get Outsider HD, and certainly no SLAs worth writing home about.

Stegyre
2009-10-20, 09:22 AM
All good saves? 8+int mod skills?
Caveat: only for racial HD.