PDA

View Full Version : Werewofl + Vampire?

Jallorn
2009-10-19, 09:17 PM
Could you attach the lycanthrope and vampire templates to a creature simultaneously?

Innis Cabal
2009-10-19, 09:21 PM
I think the Lycanthrope template can't be placed on undead creatures. So...if they were a werewolf first? Then a Vampire. Maybe.

Dante & Vergil
2009-10-20, 12:04 AM
I think the Lycanthrope template can't be placed on undead creatures. So...if they were a werewolf first? Then a Vampire. Maybe.

I would do it. I would do it nine times.:smallcool:
Yeah. Now on a more serious note, it can be done, you just have to be a humanoid to do it and you would have to be a werewolf first as well. I'm certain of this because I just checked the srd so no worries.
Also, this is a very neat idea, so I'll be taking this.

Myrmex
2009-10-20, 12:15 AM
You'd get a hairy, bloodsucking breakfast dish?

Heh heh heh. Werewaffle.
Or maybe that's what politicians do during the full moon?
/rimshot

Krimm_Blackleaf
2009-10-20, 12:23 AM
WotC has made one before (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fc/20070323a). I think it's technically rule-breaking because being undead purges you of disease, but meh. It's awesome.

Zaydos
2009-10-20, 01:08 AM
For a true lycanthropy it's not a disease :) I've statted it out before, but never ran one... then again I broke the rules completely and statted out a marilith vampire to be a BBEG for a campaign that never got run.

Requiem Star
2009-10-20, 08:25 AM
It wouldn't be much different than having a vampiric ogre or other powerful inhuman thing turned into a vampire. It also wouldn't get much from being a lycanthrope. Both have DR that is overcome by silver.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2009-10-20, 09:03 AM
It wouldn't be much different than having a vampiric ogre or other powerful inhuman thing turned into a vampire. It also wouldn't get much from being a lycanthrope. Both have DR that is overcome by silver.

Sure it would. Wearbears get +16 Str and +2 Dex on top of the vampire bonuses. Natural attacks, size increase... there are plenty of benefits above and beyond DR, though you make a good point that it's a good feature gone to waste.

Calmar
2009-10-20, 11:03 AM
Mythologically vampires and werewolves are sometimes related. I once read a story that claimed vampires were the risen corpses of werewolves.
Since the vampire already has the ability to change into a wolf I'd suggest to create a new undead template that includes the werewolf's hybrid form rather than to combine both templates.

Stycotl
2009-10-20, 12:17 PM
in the old world of darkness by white wolf, they were called abominations. no clue if the new world of darkness has them.

white wolf also had liches, which were either ascension mages that had been embraced to become vampires, or were vampires that awakened to become mages.

now i am curious to know if there were other cross-overs...

Golden-Esque
2009-10-20, 12:24 PM
Could you attach the lycanthrope and vampire templates to a creature simultaneously?

You could probably use the Half-Vampire race (they're still technically living; most were partially corrupted while in the womb {pregnant mother bitten}, or a vampire knocked up a human {a la Twilight >.<}) and grant it lycanthropy.

Pika...
2009-10-20, 12:27 PM

Wow, that must have been a heel of a night/scene in the sack. :smalleek:

Latronis
2009-10-20, 12:44 PM
There's nothing to say that a natural lycanthrope can't have the vampire template added in 3.5.

But either way if it's your game feel free to ignore any of those flavour rules you like. I do :P

Like a Half-dragon Minotaur Vampire Lord (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mm/20021018a) BBEG

The Demented One
2009-10-20, 01:03 PM
You'd get a hairy, bloodsucking breakfast dish?

Heh heh heh. Werewaffle.
You have no idea. (http://imago.hitherby.com/?p=237) Warning: Contents will BLOW YOU ****IN' MIND!

Stycotl
2009-10-20, 01:09 PM
You have no idea. (http://imago.hitherby.com/?p=237) Warning: Contents will BLOW YOU ****IN' MIND!

that was entertaining. another one of the white wolf cross-overs, i think...

The Tygre
2009-10-20, 02:00 PM

The Black Dog book on Formians had rules for vampire, mage, and faerie Formians, and I think I recall Mummy having rules on mages and such.

Jergmo
2009-10-20, 02:49 PM
I certainly don't see why not, as long as it's a Werewolf first. In a villain campaign, playing a necromancer mad scientist, I went mad with power and unleashed a Werewolf Ghast on a village and had it start infecting people.

sidhe_blooded
2009-10-20, 02:51 PM
in the old world of darkness by white wolf, they were called abominations. no clue if the new world of darkness has them.

white wolf also had liches, which were either ascension mages that had been embraced to become vampires, or were vampires that awakened to become mages.

currently the new world of darkness doesn't have any crossovers with supernaturals, in fact every book I can think mentions specifically that once you have one of the "greater" supernatural templates (vampire, mage, werewolf, changeling, whatever) that you can't add another greater template and it overwrites any "minor" template (ghoul, wolf blooded, whatever) that you have. you can't combine minor templates either.

but on the 3.5 question, it'd be possible but all it would really give you would be the ability to add the animal's stat modifiers to yours in place of taking their ability scores with your alternate form ability. which granted could be some pretty big bonuses, but usually with those you've got a bunch of animal hit dice.