PDA

View Full Version : Cost of Iron Wood armor/weapons?

deuxhero
2009-10-19, 10:27 PM
I noticed Ironwood (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/ironwood.htm) lacks a cost for a level<11 druid purchasing it from a senior.

Going by what I know, 660 is the cost of a default caster level ironwood, a breastplate weights 30 and we need caster level*5 for +1 enchantment, so boost that by one and you get 720 cost when a +1 breastplate is 1200. What am I missing?

Myrmex
2009-10-19, 10:43 PM
I noticed Ironwood (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/ironwood.htm) lacks a cost for a level<11 druid purchasing it from a senior.

Going by what I know, 660 is the cost of a default caster level ironwood, a breastplate weights 30 and we need caster level*5 for +1 enchantment, so boost that by one and you get 720 cost when a +1 breastplate is 1200. What am I missing?

It only lasts for a few days.

deuxhero
2009-10-20, 09:39 AM
Doh'.

Any offical sources of permanent iron wood?

The Rose Dragon
2009-10-20, 09:42 AM
Doh'.

Not really, no.

What's more is, Ironwood uses the wooden item as a material component, so when the spell is over, the item disappears altogether.

D Knight
2009-10-20, 01:07 PM
there is one way but you need the spell permanent.

Fizban
2009-10-20, 01:46 PM
Doh'.

A few, but the easiest off the top of my head is Eberron Campaign Setting. They call it bronzewood and it does pretty much what you'd want it to: be as strong as metal but count as wood for magic and druids.

Kylarra
2009-10-20, 02:18 PM
Could always get dragonhide armor if you wanted to wear your faux-metal armors.

Paulus
2009-10-20, 02:41 PM
Could always get dragonhide armor if you wanted to wear your faux-metal armors.

Which always tickled me, after all, how on greyhawk does one make chain mail out of dragon scale?

The rules say you can't make chainmail specifically, by size blah blah, but you can make half plate, which is a combination of plate and chain mail. I rolled a will save and failed to understand this.

Random832
2009-10-20, 03:14 PM
but you can make half plate, which is a combination of plate and chain mail.

Does the PHB say this? It's not a real term, and the SRD only says that it includes gauntlets.

But assuming you're right, the answer's still obvious: the plate bits are made from it, the chain bits are made from normal metal. *notices the druid thing* Or maybe bits of string. :smallcool:

Cieyrin
2009-10-20, 03:17 PM
You could also use Wildwood armor from Races of the Wild, which is slightly cheaper than Bronzewood, I believe. It increases ACP by 1, as well, being the only downside here.

Paulus
2009-10-20, 03:24 PM
Does the PHB say this? It's not a real term, and the SRD only says that it includes gauntlets.

But assuming you're right, the answer's still obvious: the plate bits are made from it, the chain bits are made from normal metal. *notices the druid thing* Or maybe bits of string. :smallcool:

Half-Plate: This armor is a combination of chainmail with metal plates (breastplate, epaulettes, elbow guards, gauntlets, tasses, and greaves) covering vital areas. Buckles and straps hold the whole suit together and distribute the weight, but the armor still hangs more loosely than full plate. The suit includes gauntlets.

Ignore this text because it won't let me just post a quote even if the quote itself is MORE THEN TEN CHARACTERS. GAR!

Random832
2009-10-20, 03:33 PM
Bits of string it is, then.

paddyfool
2009-10-20, 03:42 PM
Sections of dragon scale glued to leather or hide?

Bayar
2009-10-20, 04:03 PM
Ironwood Body feat for warforged. That wont dissapear.

Paulus
2009-10-20, 04:07 PM
Ironwood Body feat for warforged. That wont dissapear.

*casts invisibility* >:3 sorry, had to be done.