PDA

View Full Version : protecting thy mount

Chromat
2009-10-20, 10:04 AM
Ok, i have a question,
Last session i put interesting combination before my players.

Goblin cleric riding on the umber hulk. As a mount. Hulk attacks, and gobbo heals from higher ground. The gobbo already cast sanctuary, so my question is: is the mount also protected by sanctuary and does the enchantment breaks if hulk attacks?

We are playing by pathfinder, thanks.

Foryn Gilnith
2009-10-20, 10:25 AM
In 3.5, the answer is no. Neither healing nor commanding a mount qualifies as an attack to break Sanctuary. Sanctuary only affects the caster, not any mount. So Umber Hulk is still vulnerable, just being healed and possibly getting Mounted Combat.

Pathfinder I don't own, though. sorry.

Another_Poet
2009-10-20, 11:37 AM
Hopefully you also used the Mounted Combat feat to replace the Hulk's AC with a Ride check (max ranks of course) once per round.

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2009-10-20, 11:43 AM
I thought this was going to be about how to keep a special mount alive, if you are simply not allowed to re-summon it :smallannoyed:

ericgrau
2009-10-20, 11:50 AM
Cheap mounts are replaceable. And can wear barding. Expensive mounts have more HP & etc. and can also wear barding. They are also replaceable, just at a higher cost.

Chromat
2009-10-20, 11:53 AM
Damn! I didn't remember that trick with riding. Next time...

But That's how we played it out. Just gobbo was protected and hulk didn't break the sanctuary.

And this mount wasn't resummonable. It was way stronger than gobbo, they were more like friends working together since they were addicted to same semi sentient force. I reasoned that hulk wouldn't even notice little gobbo on his back.