PDA

View Full Version : Birthright: Lords of Anuire OOC

Moody the Wise
2009-10-20, 02:33 PM
Here's the OoC thread. I'll update this first post with rules clarifications, resources, etc as they come up.

Awesome full-size map of Anuire. (http://users.sa.chariot.net.au/~hoss/maps/anuire.jpg)

Don't forget to subscribe here and to the IC thread.

Pace: For now, let's see what works. I want to allow plenty of time for roleplaying, but also progress the game in a satisfying way. The BR year is split up into four domain turns, which correspond to the seasons. Each domain turn is further divided into three domain action rounds, which correspond to a month's time. Let's start out processing a domain action round, and see how long we feel it takes us to do that well.

Turalisj
2009-10-21, 07:43 AM
First reply!

Moody the Wise
2009-10-22, 12:48 AM
Ah, it feels good to be up and running. Hopefully Wizard will check in soon.

Turalis, what do you need to get started? I've been foiled in my searches for good pages on Diemed (including that I can't find the google cache for the actual Diemed page on the wiki), maybe someone better with the Internet than I can help you out with that.

I'm hopping on a bus to another state tomorrow, and will be off visiting/working for the weekend. I won't be on this weekend as often as I usually am, but I WILL be on at least once a day, and will respond to all posts made during that time.

Turalisj
2009-10-22, 02:03 AM
Not realy sure. I've been playing dnd since freshmen year of highschool, but only been able to read about Birthright.

Wizard of the Coat
2009-10-25, 09:42 AM
Hi there,

I'm checking in so we can get the show on the road.

Moody the Wise
2009-10-25, 04:51 PM
Cool, everyone's checked in now. As a result of me not doing my homework, Ceridan doesn't have his actions down yet, but we're getting close for the first action round (month), and we're all here. Hooray!

Again, late entries are welcome.

caelist
2009-10-31, 02:11 PM
It is my great pleasure to announce that as of today, the birthright.net website has been resuscitated. You can view the phenomenal wiki here:

http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/index.php/Main_Page

Thanks to Arjan and Flip (whoever Flip is) for figuring out the server issue!

Moody the Wise
2009-10-31, 02:38 PM
This is excellent news! It's been a crazy few days for me, but I'm working on an IC post that should be up at some point later today.

If you were hesitant about coming in because the wiki was down, fear no more! This is a great time to jump in, you haven't missed much.

Wizard of the Coat
2009-10-31, 10:09 PM
WOOT! I just discovered the same thing and just send everyone a pm regarding it, might not have been needed afterall. But better double then nothing. Guess we're all exited about it!!!

Still how are we going to run the game with regards to character, regency points, treasuries and dice rolling and such. Cause maybe some ground idea's on those things might be usefull.

Moody the Wise
2009-11-01, 02:00 AM
WOOT! I just discovered the same thing and just send everyone a pm regarding it, might not have been needed afterall. But better double then nothing. Guess we're all exited about it!!!

Still how are we going to run the game with regards to character, regency points, treasuries and dice rolling and such. Cause maybe some ground idea's on those things might be usefull.

I'll set up a dice thread when we come to it (i.e., soon, after we've all settled on some actions to take for the first action round [month, game-time]). You can roll your own (hehehe), or I can roll for you. However, since many rolls can involve bidding wars, you should not do any rolls until you've sent me a PM describing the action you plan to take, and I have had the opportunity to tell you how any potentially-concerned NPCs will react (and, if applicable, you've had a chance to react to that, and so on).

Regency points will be spendable in the standard way (mostly bidding on things). I might also allow improvised expenditures of regency on a case-by-case basis if you run them by me and I decide they work. Example: facing an onslaught of crossbow bolts on a battlefield, a Scion of Anduiras taps his blood and uses some amount of regency to gain a temporary superhuman endurance, and manages to carry his fallen comrade to safety while being pumped full of bolts (then promptly collapses from the exertion).

Moody the Wise
2009-11-01, 02:29 PM
Noooooooooooooo! The wiki seems to be struggling to stay afloat! It was spotty late last night, and now it won't load for me today. Hopefully this will be but a temporary delay.

I want everyone to hope real hard for it. Come on, say it! I believe in fairies! I believe in fairies! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFeb9hwb12U)

Turalisj
2009-11-01, 08:46 PM
Well, I don't have the information for the birthright stuff. But I do have Fields of Blood, if that helps :/

Wizard of the Coat
2009-11-04, 12:40 PM
The fairies heard your wishes. It's back up!!!

Moody the Wise
2009-11-04, 03:43 PM
The fairies heard your wishes. It's back up!!!

Excellent! In that case, then, I'll look into finishing that update. You've been exceedingly patient.

Wizard of the Coat
2009-11-04, 03:56 PM
Oh, if the update is about the domain round ending then I'm willing to bid regency on making the actions succeed. Just have no clue yet on how to know regency reserves. How about 1.5x current bloodline after the first rounds collection?

Moody the Wise
2009-11-06, 10:12 PM
Ugh. I feel terrible, but I think I'm going to call this one. TOD: 22:13 EST, 6 Nov 2009.

I may or may not currently have the H1N1 virus.

However, for Caelist and Wiz, if you're interested there is what is promises to be a great (and massive) game starting up on bzorch.ca (http://bzorch.ca/aia/forums/index.php) called Anarchy in Anuire. Nearly all the realms are taken right now (including temples and guilds! but not, for some reason, source regents, which seem to be disallowed), but there might be a few spots left. I squeezed in as Haelyn's Aegis. All the landed realms are taken, except maybe Cariele, but there could be a few temples and guilds left.

Mail Karen @ ghoere . gmail . com (remove spaces, of course) if you're interested in seeing if there's anything left.

Wizard of the Coat
2009-11-06, 10:53 PM
Don't worry Moody, it's ok. Things go belly up all the time (especially BR games on these forums).

In any case I had an idea. What seems to be the problem for these games is the general all over the place position of the players. Perhaps we can change that. By essentially having all players present in a single realm.

We could for instance set the game in Avanil and call it 'Quest for the Iron throne'. People would still have their own domains, but the game would be more easily managed. In regard to Avanil you could include Taehgas and Brosengae as they are vassels for play, as well as any guild/temple holdings. The prince himself might have to be an NPC, unless all players are ok with him being played by one of them.

=========

Also are you sure that is the right email adres. Google din't know it. I did send one to the DMTeam @ bzorch.ca adress now aplying as the Celestial Jewel of Samarie.

Moody the Wise
2009-11-08, 09:47 PM
Congrats, Wiz, on getting in as CJS. Although I doubt we'll have much to agree on, theologically. :smalltongue:

caelist
2009-11-09, 10:53 PM
In any case I had an idea. What seems to be the problem for these games is the general all over the place position of the players. Perhaps we can change that. By essentially having all players present in a single realm.

This is what I've done in my tabletop game. Most players are counts in Roesone and one player is the Baron...so they are in a sense forced to work together, and the little one-province counts are driven to expand because they are constantly running out of RP and GB by the end of the season. It's loads of fun and keeps the action much more tightly focused.

Mr. Coat!!! You are CJS? I am your ally, Larra Nielems of the NRC! Together we can unite and stamp the stuffy Haelyn's Aegis out of Northern Anuire! FOR PROFIT! And the good of Sarimie.

Moody the Wise
2009-11-10, 11:49 AM
This is what I've done in my tabletop game. Most players are counts in Roesone and one player is the Baron...so they are in a sense forced to work together, and the little one-province counts are driven to expand because they are constantly running out of RP and GB by the end of the season. It's loads of fun and keeps the action much more tightly focused.

Mr. Coat!!! You are CJS? I am your ally, Larra Nielems of the NRC! Together we can unite and stamp the stuffy Haelyn's Aegis out of Northern Anuire! FOR PROFIT! And the good of Sarimie.

Oh no you won't! I have an army larger than that of several landed realms, I'm pretty sure. Just you try to make inroads into Mhoried or Ghoere, and it'll be the last place you go. :smalltongue:

caelist
2009-11-10, 05:33 PM
Oh no you won't! I have an army larger than that of several landed realms, I'm pretty sure. Just you try to make inroads into Mhoried or Ghoere, and it'll be the last place you go. :smalltongue:

But fighting for "honor" and "nobility" is so boring when you can fight for the immediate gratification of gold...I mean, for the immediate and gleaming love of Sarimie! Surely even Anita must agree with that. After all, your massive armies still need to be paid... :smallbiggrin:

Turalisj
2009-11-10, 08:03 PM

FOR AUIR!
-ignites plasma blade-

Moody the Wise
2009-11-10, 08:30 PM
It's like we have our own OOC thread for that game that none of the rest of them know about!