PDA

View Full Version : Universal Smash Bros 4: Recruitment thread: ALL roles filled

PhantomFox
2009-10-20, 03:21 PM
It's that time again...

Welcome one and all! Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to...

UNIVERSAL SMASH BROS. 4!

Narrator: PhantomFox
Co-narrator: Supagoof
Game Start: Nov. 2nd

That's right, this is the game where everyone, yes EVERYONE gets a role! Everyone has something to contribute!

Roles:

Heroes: (Win condition - Survive and defeat villains)
1-6) Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Daisy, Peach, Toad, etc. - Team Mario (Masons)

7) Link - Blade of Evil's Bane (Baner) NIGHT ACTION

8) Zelda - Triforce of Wisdom (Seer) NIGHT ACTION

9) Tingle - (Fool) NIGHT ACTION

10) Midna - Twili Magic (May hide in the shadow of one player during the night. If that player dies in the night, Midna gains that player's power. May only hold one new power at a time. Must abandon acquired power to be able to acquire a new one. 1 day Cooldown. NIGHT ACTION

11) Samus - Charge Shot (Via PM, Samus may negate her own point to add 1 to her next point, max charge 3) NIGHT ACTION

12) Fox - Reflector (Up to two points at Fox get redirected to another player of Fox's choice) DAY ACTION

13) Falco - Hey Einstein! (Knows if either Fox or Krystal voted the same way as he did) PASSIVE ACTION

14) Krystal - Telepath (Knows who was scried, but not the result of the scry) PASSIVE ACTION

15) Kirby - Copy (May copy a randomly selected living target's ability for the day) NIGHT ACTION

16) Metaknight - Dimensional Cape (Metaknight may select a target and all abilities that get targeted at Metaknight get retargeted to his target. Does not work on Villain kills. 1 day cooldown) NIGHT ACTION

17) Pikachu - Cuteness (The person who points before Pikachu secretly has his point changed to the same as Pikachu's) PASSIVE ACTION

18) Jigglypuff - Sing (Can cause one player to fall asleep each day, negating their point for the next day) NIGHT ACTION

19) Pokemon Trainer - I choose you! (Can double someone's point each day) DAY ACTION

20) Ness - PSI Magnet (All special abilities targeted at Ness aside from banes and kills fail. Knows if he is targeted, but not what or by whom) PASSIVE ACTION

21) Lucas - PK Freeze (Can void a target's special ability for the next cycle. 1 day cooldown) NIGHT ACTION

22) Marth - Critical hit (If part of a bandwagon that sucessfully kills a villain, point counts as 3 the next day) PASSIVE ACTION

23) DK - DK Hand Slap (Target a player. Any other abilities targeting that player results in that ability failing, and the user being slapped into the ground, revealing to the public who was slapped, but not what they were trying to do. NIGHT ACTION

24) Diddy Kong - Rocketbarrels (Can scry during the night with X% accuracy, where X = 20 * number of days ability has not been used) NIGHT ACTION

25) Dixie Kong - Helicopter Spin (Any abilities or night kills that target Dixie take effect one day later than usual) PASSIVE ACTION

28-27) Popo & Nana (Ice Climbers) - Belay (When pointing at the same person, may reduce the total number of points against either of them by 2. Start off knowing each other) DAY ACTION

28) Pit - Wings of Iccarus (Becomes immune to Night kills for one night. 2 day cooldown) NIGHT ACTION

29) Mr. Game & Watch - Oil Panik (Uses the bucket to catch one point at him per day, negating the point, max of three. Once bucket is full, can point at someone worth 3 points. Points at self do not activate this ability) DAY ACTION

30) Ike - Counter (May make his point worth negative two instead of positive one) DAY ACTION

31) Captain Olimar - Pikmin toss (When pointing at a person, this also throws a pikmin at that person. For the next two days after, that person gets an extra vote against him. One pikmin on any person at a time) PASSIVE ACTION

32) Lucario - Reversal (Lucario's point is increased by 1 for every 10 Nintendo players that die) PASSIVE ACTION

33) Captain Falcon - Falcon... PUNCH! (Night kill. Three day cooldown) NIGHT ACTION

34) Wario - Garlic (Due to his stink, any ability used on Wario fails, and the user will not able to use that ability the next day) PASSIVE ACTION

3rd Parties: (Win conditions variy)
1) Sonic - You're too slow! (Can change one person point to match his own as long as they point after he does. Does not count if Sonic changes his point) DAY ACTION

2) Snake - Cardboard box (Using the incredibly stealthy tactic of the box, he can scry with a 2 day cooldown) NIGHT ACTION

3) Master Chief - Overshield (Has a shield with three charges which each cancel out a point at him. A day where he doesn't receive a point replenishes one charge)

4) Sly Cooper - Safecracker (Each night, Sly may target a player to steal a clue bottle from a player to find a clue to the combination of a safe. Successfully opening a safe will grant Sly three disguises which he can use to make a player scry as the disguise.)

5) Carmilita Fox- Untimely arrest (Carmelita my arrest a player, removing them for play for a day. She also learns who Sly's robs each night. If she arrests Sly, Sly receives no more clues and Carmelita finds her shock pistol, allowing her to survive one lynching or night kill. 2 Day cooldown)

6) Banjo & Kazooie - Split Up (Can point at two different people per day. One in thread, one via PM. Also gives protection against first night kill or lynch, but loses all special abilities afterwards) PASSIVE ACTION

7) Phoenix Wright - OBJECTION! (Raises an objection, forcing target to change their vote for the day, or else have their next day's point invalidated) DAY ACTION

Villains: (Wolves: Reduce number of non-villains to equal their own)
1) Bowser - Your victim is in another castle (Bowser may kidnap the lynch victim, preventing their identity from being known until the following dusk) DAY ACTION

2) Ridley - Destruction (Beast) PASSIVE ACTION

3) Mewtwo - Mindreader (Devil) NIGHT ACTION

4) Wolf O'Donnel - Can't let you do that! (Targeted player's ability is negated for that day. If ability is on cooldown, adds one day cooldown) NIGHT ACTION

5) Sephiroth - Jenova's Children (Control's target's point and/or special ability for one day. Can't use on same target consecutivly. Penalty of one day cooldown assessed if an incorrect guess to what the target's ability is) NIGHT ACTION

6) Covenant Elite - Cloak (Scries as any role he chooses, and may change the role he scries as with a 3 day cooldown) PASSIVE ACTION

7) King K. Rool - Feign Death (Once killed for the first time, within 3 days may resurrect himself) PASSIVE ACTION

8) Ganondorf - Triforce of Power (Power corrupts. Ganondorf may target somebody, corrupting them without their knowledge. That player has a X% chance to die each night, starting at 10% and doubling each time the player survives. Only one corrupted person at a time; 1 Day cooldown starting from the night the target dies) NIGHT ACTION

9) King Dedede - Waddle Dee Army (May make the target of his choice scry immune for the night by swarming them with Waddle Dees) NIGHT ACTION

3rd Party Win Conditions:

Sonic: Super Sonic - Collect all 7 Chaos Emeralds. (Chaos Emeralds are tradable items distributed randomly at the beginning of the game. Holder can use to get +1 point with a 2 day cooldown, and does not stack with other Emeralds. If holder dies, emerald(s) goes to last person to point at that person, random if N/A. Sonic gains a one-time use self-bane plus a kill ability when he has all seven emeralds)

Snake: Espionage - Discover the identity of all living Pokemon characters (Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, and Mewtwo)

Sly Cooper: Master Thief - Steal Carmelita's police files, or outlive her. (Files are stolen during normal Cluefinder use if he targets Carmelita. Successful file steal will grant Sly a two-use scry item)

Carmelita Fox: I'll get you Cooper! - Arrest Sly Cooper, or outlive him. (Carmelita is granted an extra life upon arresting Sly)

Banjo-Kazooie: Jinjo Rescue - Must protect at least half the players from a randomized list given at the game's start. (List will be roughly five or so)

Pheonix Wright: Not Guilty! - Choose a player. Must protect your 'client' player from lynch throughout the game. If that player is night-killed, select a new client.

Master Chief: Alien Killer - Eliminate all the 'space' characters (Covenant Elite, Fox, Krystal, Falco, Wolf, Samus, Olimar, Ness, and Lucas)

Player List: 50/50
Aemoh
Atreyu the Masked LLama
Banthesun
Billtodamax
BishFish
Bookworm
Calar
Cd4
DarkComet
Deathslayer7
Dirk Kris
EleventhHour
Fleeing Coward
Fostire
FujinAkari
Gessi
Grim Ranger
Happyturtle
Hyozo
Incorporeal
Istari
Kyouhen
Lizard Lord
Lord Fullbladder
Malmagor Andrigonal
MasterofMockery
MOD
Moofin Bard
Murska
Mustiado
Nehh
Night Surgeon
Oddity
Opeth Freak
Raz_Fox
RedScholarGypsy
Reinholdt
Sanity702
Selrahc
Shadowcaller
Shadowhisper
TehSheen
The Fiery Tower
ThePhantom
Trixie
Uncle Festy
V Junior
Whitehelm
Wolfbane
YimmytheSneak

If you like, you can PM me with a choice of role you would like to be, and one you would NOT like to be. I may or may not listen to it, but I'll take it into consideration.

Assorted rules and regulations:
1) Autolynch is set at 3 days of inactivity.
2) Day and night is 48hrs. Might be reduced depending on speed of play.
3) Mass role gathering is NOT ALLOWED.
4) No role claiming allowed either.
5) Only team affiliation will be revealed upon death.
6) ...except for 'Classic' roles such as the baner, devil, seer/fool, and masons.
7) Masons do not have individual abilities. The specific names are just flavor.
8) If Sephrioth attempts to control someone's ability without knowing it, and gets it wrong, the ability fails and he is penalized with a 1 day cooldown.
9) If K. Rool is killed the first time, and there are NO other Villains, he will be resurrected immediately.
10) If an ability is voided that is on cooldown, the cooldown will be extended by one instead.
11) I reserve the right to drop rocks on anyone who severely ticks me off.
12) Despite the potential for real funny PMs, all failed abilities will receive 'ability failed' message. Unless you ask me to make one in the flavor of your choice. Such PMs will be non-official though.
13) Keep an eye out for minigames! If I can get them working, you will be able to vote for who competes in minigames for (minor) prizes!
14) "Abilties" and "Special Abilities" refer to the abilities described above. Villain Night Kills can not be blocked unless otherwise specified.
15) Ties in votes are broken with the person reaching the tie first being lynched.
16) You may PM the Narrators with one role you would like to be, and one role you would not like to be. We may or may not ignore it, so don't try to get any ideas.

I think I remembered everything I wanted to put here, so start signing up!

Darkcomet
2009-10-20, 06:07 PM
O_O

How could I not join the next incarnation of the game I debuted in? (that is to say, in)

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-20, 06:09 PM
In of course. Finally, I won't be a simple villager :smallbiggrin:

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-20, 06:14 PM
Count me in.

billtodamax
2009-10-20, 06:19 PM
Yes, yes, yes. Totally in.

Fan
2009-10-20, 06:23 PM
In, as Lelouch Vi Britannia.

Deathslayer7
2009-10-20, 06:27 PM
innnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Shadowcaller
2009-10-20, 06:28 PM
Joining up.

Murska
2009-10-20, 06:30 PM
In as a simple villager.

Mustiado
2009-10-20, 06:34 PM
In please. I expect Yimmythesneak to be in too.

MasterofMockery
2009-10-20, 06:39 PM
In please, Great twist on werewolf

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2009-10-20, 06:42 PM
This is the Fullbladder, he's signing up.

YimmytheSneak
2009-10-20, 07:30 PM
Zzzzooommmgggg. In please! I don't have to pick a guy right? I'm just told who I am?

Wizibirb
2009-10-20, 07:31 PM
In..... I guess.

TehSheen
2009-10-20, 07:35 PM
I'm completely IN!

MOD
2009-10-20, 07:50 PM
In. Double In. No wait Triple IN.

Darkcomet
2009-10-20, 07:52 PM
...for the love of all that is holy, don't let MOD be Captain Falcon. We all know how that worked out last time. :smalltongue:

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-10-20, 08:03 PM
Must...try to resist...urge to join...*fails*
What the heck. In.

I don't want to be a mason again, I want to have an action dang it! [/being angry at that I have not yet had a day or night action]

FujinAkari
2009-10-20, 08:07 PM
Oh! Pick me! Pick me!

Also: Boo at you for not having Sheik :P

billtodamax
2009-10-20, 09:00 PM
...for the love of all that is holy, don't let MOD be Captain Falcon. We all know how that worked out last time. :smalltongue:

Didn't he like, win the game, in the end? Or was that cause he punched you earlier in the game?

Darkcomet
2009-10-20, 09:04 PM
I was referring to MOD's sniper rampage in Memesville.

PhantomFox
2009-10-20, 09:08 PM
Oh, I almost forgot. If you like, you can PM me with a choice of role you would like to be, and one you would NOT like to be. I may or may not listen to it, but I'll take it into consideration.

Reinholdt
2009-10-20, 09:28 PM
In.
@ PhantomFox - I'd like to be Master Hand.
Or Meowth.
Or Meowth Hand!

The Bookworm
2009-10-20, 09:34 PM
In! As a simple villager (not)!

Fostire
2009-10-20, 09:40 PM
IN

I've been waiting for this game since forever :smallbiggrin:

UncleWolf
2009-10-20, 09:44 PM
In!

I hope this time I survive more than a few days.

calar
2009-10-20, 10:11 PM
Definitely in.

billtodamax
2009-10-20, 10:17 PM
In!

I hope this time I survive more than a few days.

*Note to self* If Falcon, kill Wolfbane on day one. Also, going to RP as the edible item that restores health! And runs away from people.

Aemoh
2009-10-20, 10:28 PM
Is there anything I can say besides IN?

Nope... didn't think so, IN :smallbiggrin:

tribble
2009-10-20, 10:40 PM
I'm really interested, could I get a link to the basic rules?:smallredface:

billtodamax
2009-10-20, 10:43 PM
And Bill slides in with a link! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6140807&postcount=1)

happyturtle
2009-10-20, 10:49 PM
IN in in in in IN

Lizard Lord
2009-10-20, 11:36 PM
I suppose I could join this.

banthesun
2009-10-21, 02:03 AM
NO! I cant waste time with this! I'm busy! Busy, god damnit! N-

ININININININININININININININININ!!!

Moofin Bard
2009-10-21, 09:39 AM
I'm so in. So in.

RedScholarGypsy
2009-10-21, 10:19 AM
I'll join this

Dirk Kris
2009-10-21, 11:21 AM
In x1 million!

EleventhHour
2009-10-21, 11:25 AM
In, in, in. In with a bin.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2009-10-21, 11:49 AM
I'm in!

If Reinholdt is Meowth Hand I wanna be Bowser Basement Cat!

*STOMP! STOMP! STOMP! FIRE BREATH! WHOOOOOOSH!!!!*

Raz_Fox
2009-10-21, 12:00 PM
Wellllll. I'm interested. Sign m' up.

I'll roleplay as a NEWCOMER from CAPCOM. Tremble, forces of evil. Tremble in fear for your very existence.

For the sun is about to rise.

ThePhantom
2009-10-21, 12:45 PM
Sure, I'll give this a try.

Hyozo
2009-10-21, 01:02 PM
Most definitely IN.

billtodamax
2009-10-21, 02:44 PM
Hey all! Bill'll be away for three days or so. I'll be up at Brisbane and might get some internet access, but please don't auto me.

Grim ranger
2009-10-21, 02:52 PM
I wanna in! Can I has myself in? :smallbiggrin:

BishFish
2009-10-21, 03:39 PM
IN.

:biggrin:

tribble
2009-10-21, 04:37 PM
And Bill slides in with a link! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6140807&postcount=1)

wow... there's no way I'll be able to play, what with classes and all... sorry.:smallfrown:

UncleWolf
2009-10-21, 05:19 PM
*Note to self* If Falcon, kill Wolfbane on day one. Also, going to RP as the edible item that restores health! And runs away from people.

Did you see what I RP'd as last time? :smallbiggrin:

Oh, and you lose.

Guancyto
2009-10-21, 06:15 PM
Sure, might as well. In!

Istari
2009-10-21, 07:57 PM
I just died in my other game so in

Uncle Festy
2009-10-21, 08:38 PM
… this is a bad idea.
But in. ¬.^
Also. Gorrammit Wolfbane. >.<

Hyozo
2009-10-21, 10:01 PM
wow... there's no way I'll be able to play, what with classes and all... sorry.:smallfrown:

Classes won't interfere. Both phases last at least two days each. Surely you can manage to post or send in a sentence or two every other day, right?

Kyouhen
2009-10-22, 01:24 AM
Lemme in! :smalleek:

cd4
2009-10-22, 03:24 PM
I would like to join as the Mafia game I'm in should be finished by then.

A few questions

Do the wolves know each other?

With the Master Chief's win condition does the word eliminate mean that all his targets are dead by the time the game ends, no matter who killed them?

With the 3rd party in general, do they have to survive after fulfilling their win condition until one of the basic win conditions occurs (Wolves eliminated or Wolves = non wolves)?

EleventhHour
2009-10-22, 03:38 PM
*Eleven slides an RP of being a mercenary in, under the inn, in which she in'd the in*

PhantomFox
2009-10-22, 04:01 PM
I would like to join as the Mafia game I'm in should be finished by then.

A few questions

Do the wolves know each other?

Yes they do.

With the Master Chief's win condition does the word eliminate mean that all his targets are dead by the time the game ends, no matter who killed them?

Sorta. It means that all of his enemies are dead by the time he dies or the game ends, whichever comes first.

With the 3rd party in general, do they have to survive after fulfilling their win condition until one of the basic win conditions occurs (Wolves eliminated or Wolves = non wolves)?

No, they have to meet their win condition before they die. Surviving is a bonus.

UncleWolf
2009-10-22, 04:14 PM
… this is a bad idea.
But in. ¬.^
Also. Gorrammit Wolfbane. >.<

What? I was obviously referring to RPing the army of Redshirts. <.<

But if you insist... :smalltongue:

Guancyto
2009-10-22, 04:35 PM
Classes won't interfere. Both phases last at least two days each. Surely you can manage to post or send in a sentence or two every other day, right?

Much as I love having more people in these games, voting is easy but informed voting takes more time than that. :smallfrown: That doesn't stop it from being fun, mind.

If, for instance, you're in endgame and there are a few wolves that are completely obvious about what they're doing, it doesn't matter how paper-thin their veneer of innocence is if they've killed everyone who was paying attention to the game.

But I could be way off base about that, and certainly don't want to discourage anyone from joining!

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-10-22, 06:53 PM
I'll try to RP a Mr. Saturn.

*honk*
Sounds like *honk* to me...

EDIT: And I just noticed that this starts while I'm not here...
I'm going to be in Washington D.C. on a field trip and won't be allowed internetz time.:smallsigh:

Oddity
2009-10-23, 01:21 AM
INeed to be IN.

PhantomFox
2009-10-23, 04:39 PM
Made a couple slight changes to the roles to clarify them further. Also, 8 spots remain! Wow! Keep it up you guys!

whitehelm
2009-10-23, 04:48 PM
This looks like fun. In.

Madmal
2009-10-23, 04:51 PM
Yeah, count me in.

Nehh
2009-10-23, 11:50 PM
I'm in already...
Count me in.

TFT
2009-10-24, 12:06 AM
*attempts to sneak in*

happyturtle
2009-10-24, 01:01 AM
Penalty to size -5
penalty to being ON FIRE -20

Sneak attempt fail. :smalltongue:

Uncle Festy
2009-10-25, 12:52 AM
What? I was obviously referring to RPing the army of Redshirts. <.<

But if you insist... :smalltongue:

Considering you said we all lost… :smalltongue:
Oh. And I lose too. >.<

billtodamax
2009-10-25, 02:07 AM
The edible item with legs runs up to Wolfbane, kicks him in the shins, then runs off before Wolfbane can eat him to regain health

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-10-25, 09:17 AM
I'm going to be away by ~2:15 PST for ~10 days. Please don't auto me.

Selrahc
2009-10-25, 09:31 AM
I'll join up if there is still space.

V Junior
2009-10-25, 12:00 PM
If I'm not too late, IN.

PhantomFox
2009-10-25, 03:13 PM
After y'all, there are two spots remaining!

I would still like a co-narrator, primairly to write up the end of day/night story fluff posts, as I can handle all the mechanics. Or y'all can just send in your own scenes. Whatever works.

FujinAkari
2009-10-25, 06:37 PM
I'm willing to co-narrate if no one else will, but I have a -very- busy schedule so can't always be amazingly prudent at getting the write-up out. You might have to wait a few hours after sending me the results for me to post the fiction.

PhantomFox
2009-10-26, 08:58 PM
I may take you up on that if no one else is interested.

Mustiado
2009-10-27, 12:25 AM
If I could co-narrate and play, I would. But I imagine I'd have to sacrifice one for the other. ?:/

FujinAkari
2009-10-27, 01:03 AM
If I could co-narrate and play, I would. But I imagine I'd have to sacrifice one for the other. ?:/

I don't see why... Foxy would just tell you what happened, not who did what.

happyturtle
2009-10-27, 02:43 AM
It's true. As long as PF handles the night actions, and all you do is write fluff scenes, you can still play.

YimmytheSneak
2009-10-27, 01:09 PM
Is this still starting on Nov 2nd even if we don't have enough people by then?

Mustiado
2009-10-27, 03:01 PM
.... Hurm. PF, I'd be interested in speaking with you about this possibility. Though Cristo will warn you I'm a horrible Co-narrator.

Trixie
2009-10-27, 03:05 PM
Sigh. In, if no one else wants it.

PhantomFox
2009-10-27, 03:09 PM
I don't think I can let someone co-narrate and play, as it's possible for that person to get an unfair advantage. Feel free to send in scenes though, generic or specific, and if I like them, I'll use them.

Irbis
2009-10-27, 05:13 PM
No volunteers? :smallconfused:

If you want, I might play one last WW game in OotS forum.

FujinAkari
2009-10-27, 06:45 PM
I volunteered!

The Bookworm
2009-10-27, 08:14 PM
If you want, I might play one last WW game in OotS forum.
Hold the presses! You're leaving? :smallfrown:

billtodamax
2009-10-28, 01:40 AM
<.<
>.>
You! Yes you, reading this now! Join this game! Do it now!

Fostire
2009-10-28, 07:51 AM
<.<
>.>
You! Yes you, reading this now! Join this game! Do it now!

But I already joined the game. Can I join twice?

Supagoof
2009-10-28, 11:16 AM
I can help co-narrate if you want PF. It'd be nice to not have to track as much for a game and let the creative "How can I kill that player now?" juices flow. I imagine we'll be using a shared doc on google or something?

Though I'll step back if FujinAkari wants it and finds she can commit the time.

Mordokai
2009-10-28, 02:00 PM
What's up with poor Fujin getting mistaken for a guy?

Must be the avatar, I tell you :smalltongue:

And no, this is not in.

PhantomFox
2009-10-28, 02:04 PM
I can help co-narrate if you want PF. It'd be nice to not have to track as much for a game and let the creative "How can I kill that player now?" juices flow. I imagine we'll be using a shared doc on google or something?

Though I'll step back if FujinAkari wants it and finds he can commit the time.

Sure, I'll pencil you in.

Incorporeal
2009-10-28, 03:17 PM
In if there's still space.

PhantomFox
2009-10-28, 03:38 PM
Yup, you got the last one!

Istari
2009-10-28, 07:40 PM
Are we going to start getting role pm's soon?

Nehh
2009-10-29, 12:56 AM
Ooh! Yes please!
I want to start playing soon. It may be the middle of the night for some of you, but here it's 6am and I need to do something to help me wake up.

banthesun
2009-10-29, 01:33 AM
Then start before you get them!

Murska :smalltongue:

Nehh
2009-10-29, 02:03 AM
Did you know, Murska was exactly who I was going to randomly point at on the first day.

Mainly so I don't have to trouble with the complex dilemma of to trust Murska or not later on.

billtodamax
2009-10-29, 04:41 AM
Did you know, Murska was exactly who I was going to randomly point at on the first day.

Mainly so I don't have to trouble with the complex dilemma of to trust Murska or not later on.

It's actually quite simple. Don't.

Murska
2009-10-29, 07:05 AM
Nah. It's, 93,43% of the time, best to first think of the risks in contacting me, then think of the gains, then look at the most likely possibility, see whether the gains outweigh the risks and make the decision yourself.

In the rest, around 6,57% of the time, you should trust me implicitly.

Moofin Bard
2009-10-29, 09:31 AM
Oooooh but it's so much fun randomly voting you!

Reinholdt
2009-10-29, 10:15 AM
Murska for trying to get me to EVER trust him. Won't happen.

Mustiado
2009-10-29, 12:07 PM
For further proof, please view the Team Fortress 2 thread. That is all.

Murska
2009-10-29, 01:41 PM
What about the Team Fortress thread? I'm being unjustly bandwagoned.

Hyozo
2009-10-29, 01:57 PM
Nah. It's, 93,43% of the time, best to first think of the risks in contacting me, then think of the gains, then look at the most likely possibility, see whether the gains outweigh the risks and make the decision yourself.

If said decision is not "do not trust Murska", you're doing something wrong.

In the rest, around 6,57% of the time, you should trust me implicitly.

In these cases, enjoy being a wolf/mason with one of the best players stated to be on your side by the narrator.

Murska
2009-10-29, 02:28 PM
If said decision is not "do not trust Murska", you're doing something wrong.

I see your post and I raise you WoD.

In these cases, enjoy being a wolf/mason with one of the best players stated to be on your side by the narrator.

Aww. :smallredface: I wouldn't go that far.

cd4
2009-10-29, 04:27 PM
For me, and reading the other games I trust anybody if I'm relatively certain they are on my team. If I don't believe they are on my team then I will try to trick them into revealing information they shouldn't. It has failed so far but that was only one game, and I think the reason was I was too obvious.

PhantomFox, a few questions:

Reading the previous games I found the message board to be quite an amusing read. Is it returning in this game?

Also with the third party win conditions: Will they know when they have completed their win condition?
Also will everyone know whether they completed their win condition when they die and their role as a third party is revealed?

PhantomFox
2009-10-29, 04:33 PM
Hmm, I think I might send out role PMs early just so that the organized players can get to know each other. Probably will end up doing so tomorrow night. No promises.

Mustiado
2009-10-29, 04:55 PM
I see your post and I raise you WoD.

Aww. :smallredface: I wouldn't go that far.

I would. And that's why our first day lynch should be Murska. :smallbiggrin:

Murska
2009-10-29, 05:00 PM
I'm being lynched before I even know what to claim to prevent it!

Eh, whatever, it's not like that usually stops me. I'm the baner guys! Don't lynch me! (Joking! But still don't lynch me!)

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-29, 05:23 PM
I'm being lynched before I even know what to claim to prevent it!

Eh, whatever, it's not like that usually stops me. I'm the baner guys! Don't lynch me! (Joking! But still don't lynch me!)

Lies! I'm the Baner, not Murska :smalltongue:

Wizibirb
2009-10-29, 05:30 PM
Your not being unjustly bandwagoned in Tf2 Murska, You were just caught in a lie that told us you were not on our team :)

Guancyto
2009-10-29, 05:40 PM
No, I'm Spartacus the Baner.

In fact, all of us are the Baner!

Except Murska.

Incorporeal
2009-10-29, 05:59 PM
No, I'm Spartacus the Baner.

In fact, all of us are the Baner!

Except Murska.

Really?

*banes random person someone seer self*
Hey, if we all bane ourselves, then the wolves won't be able to kill anyone! :smallbiggrin:

Except that Sephiroth knows everyone's roles and can control the bane of the nightkill target.

Would wolves be baner too? :smallconfused:

Trixie
2009-10-29, 06:38 PM
Murska for not letting me kill him in WE! :smallfrown:

EleventhHour
2009-10-29, 06:38 PM
Killing Murska before it starts?

Huh. I don't think anyone's even put money on him. What's in it for me?

Selrahc
2009-10-29, 06:54 PM
There are no wolves. Except Murska.

Luckily we have enough baners that his odds of getting a successful night kill are astronomical.

Trixie
2009-10-29, 07:02 PM
You mean they are that huge? :smalleek:

Uncle Festy
2009-10-29, 07:25 PM
Actually, I'm not the baner. I'm the seer. :smalltongue:
Oh, and Uncle Festy. I'm totally not Ike. Nosir. >.>

Hyozo
2009-10-29, 08:24 PM
I'm not Link, I'm Ike. *nods*

TFT
2009-10-29, 08:31 PM
Wait... I thought I was Ike!

Or was that Mike the Baner... I can never remember anyawys.
Murska.

BishFish
2009-10-29, 09:10 PM
We can just kick out Murska now and let someone else take his spot!

Darkcomet
2009-10-29, 09:12 PM
You people are cruel. :smallyuk::smalltongue: BishFish

Madmal
2009-10-29, 10:22 PM

with all the time that had to pass till the 50 spots got filled? no thanks.

BishFish

EleventhHour
2009-10-29, 11:21 PM
BishFish, that's so mean!

Nehh
2009-10-30, 12:45 AM
I'm still sticking with Murska.

Oh, and please note:

Just for fun, I am going to try to play the whole WW game without bringing my logic to use over 10MB of processing power. That is all.

Murska
2009-10-30, 12:48 AM
Your not being unjustly bandwagoned in Tf2 Murska, You were just caught in a lie that told us you were not on our team :)

Well, I told you honestly I'm the BLU Medic, like I am. You're the ones who lied about being BLU, if we're not on your team.

Lizard Lord
2009-10-30, 01:51 AM
why are people voting when the game hasn't even started yet?

Nehh
2009-10-30, 02:12 AM
To keep ourselves occupied. I don't have any other WW games going, anyway...

V Junior
2009-10-30, 09:43 AM
I've FINALLY decided my RP character: Nyula the Weavile with a habit of theft! Also, I kinda hope I'm a Villain. But being a Hero would be cool, even though the only other WW I've been in (Sleep S'More) I was a Hero, and it got boring fast (I got auto'd).

Also, when are the role PM's coming out?

Incorporeal
2009-10-30, 09:57 AM
Well, I told you honestly I'm the BLU Medic, like I am. You're the ones who lied about being BLU, if we're not on your team.

I thought afterwards you said that you were the RED sniper? :smallconfused:
Bishfish.

I need to start making a spreadsheet. :smalleek:

Murska
2009-10-30, 09:58 AM
Well obviously I SAID I'm the RED sniper but I was actually the BLU Spy.

Reinholdt
2009-10-30, 10:26 AM
why are people voting when the game hasn't even started yet?
Cause Murska is so threatening that we decided to lynch him before the game starts so he can't do any damage. :smalltongue:

Incorporeal
2009-10-30, 10:44 AM
Well obviously I SAID I'm the RED sniper but I was actually the BLU Spy.

Why does this not convince me...?

Murska
2009-10-30, 10:47 AM
Wait, did I say BLU spy? Sorry, sorry, I'm obviously the GREEN Eye.

Irbis
2009-10-30, 10:50 AM
Hold the presses! You're leaving? :smallfrown:

Nah, I simply don't have that amount of time anymore.

So... does that mean I get to play, too? :smalltongue:

Wizibirb
2009-10-30, 12:09 PM
I so believe you that you are blue spy especially since HE DIED ALREADY!

V Junior
2009-10-30, 12:41 PM
Nyula sneaks into the base, steals some guns, and sneaks out again.

"...Why did I steal these? I'm a Pokemon, I shouldn't need these! Thinking about it, I don't have many ranged attacks... maybe I should get some grenades..."

Nyula sneaks back in, puts back the guns, and fills her sack with grenades. While she's at it, she steals whatever shiny things she can see.

"I'm gonna need all the shinies I can get..."

EDIT: Murska.

Murska
2009-10-30, 12:57 PM
I so believe you that you are blue spy especially since HE DIED ALREADY!

Nono. I'm the PINK Panther.

http://ralphlosey.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/pink_panther.jpg

Wizibirb
2009-10-30, 01:06 PM
Facepalm :smallsigh: Yup that's another 1d4 dmg

Darkcomet
2009-10-30, 01:20 PM
Could the TF2 yelling go back to the TF2 thread, please? Watching people whine about one game in another game's thread makes me cringe.

Murska
2009-10-30, 01:32 PM
What are we supposed to discuss here? I'm being lynched and I can't really argue considering nobody even has roles yet.

Raz_Fox
2009-10-30, 01:49 PM
It's early morning in the USB thread; the sun is creeping over the posts, the heroes and villains of the Smash Brothers franchise and beyond are opening their doors and getting ready for their days of battle and strife and romance, and only a few notice the pink leaves of a peach tree tossed in the wind.

Several more notice the white-and-red wolf with the small green speck on its snout, several of the leaves swirling around her. A rather bouncy theme plays as she passes, the sound of jaunty bells adding into the usual morning noise as the regulars prepare for the day's fights.

"Gee, Ammy! Look at 'em all! Some of 'em look pretty tough - good thing we got ourselves a sponsor, huh? Too bad they wanted to keep their identity secret for some reason. Something about villains being about - better watch your back!"

Amaterasu, Mother of all that was good and newest participant in the Universal Smash Brothers Brawl, rolled her eyes and snorted as Issun whistled appreciatively - EleventhHour had just crossed their path. "Hey, baby! Where have you been all my life?"

calar
2009-10-30, 05:05 PM
What are we supposed to discuss here? I'm being lynched and I can't really argue considering nobody even has roles yet.
Getting defensive now are we? Very suspicious Murska.

PhantomFox
2009-10-30, 06:37 PM
I'm going to start sending out roles now and hope I get done with it. Game doesn't start until the 2nd though. This is for all the various teams to get set up and such.

The Bookworm
2009-10-30, 07:25 PM
Game doesn't start until the 2nd though. This is for all the various teams to get set up and such.
Nonsense! Bishfish!

PhantomFox
2009-10-30, 08:06 PM
All roles have been sent out. Lemme know if I missed anyone.

Oddity
2009-10-30, 09:30 PM
More on Murska to see what he claims now :smallcool:

Incorporeal
2009-10-30, 09:39 PM
Is there anything he can claim now that it's established that everyone except him is the Baner and that he's a wolf?

Speaking of which, if that's established, then why am I pointing at BishFish?

Nehh
2009-10-30, 11:40 PM
Okay, my role changes everything. Guys, Murska is totally innocent. Yeah. Really.

V Junior
2009-10-31, 05:06 AM
The only way you could know that, Nehh, is if YOU are a Villain!

He just confirmed it! Lynch him, everybody!

Fan
2009-10-31, 07:04 AM
All roles have been sent out. Lemme know if I missed anyone.

Good. Now. :removes Geas Contacts: Lelouch Vi Brittania Commands you. Make the Game thread!

Murska
2009-10-31, 08:22 AM
3) Mass role gathering is NOT ALLOWED.
4) No role claiming allowed either.

So eh. Pity for Phantomfox, though. I think he wanted to test my role this game.

happyturtle
2009-10-31, 08:37 AM
I was in too many games, so I had to drop this one and Paranoia.

Have fun everyone. :smallsmile:

V Junior
2009-10-31, 12:02 PM
Bye Happyturtle. It's a shame you had to drop this game; from what I've seen, you make everything more lively.

PhantomFox
2009-10-31, 11:55 PM
As per request, Happyturtle has dropped this game and has been replaced by Irbis

Nehh
2009-11-01, 12:22 AM
Has Day 1 started yet?

If so, Oddity.

FujinAkari
2009-11-01, 12:57 AM
Has Day 1 started yet?

If so, Oddity.

*Checks her calander*

Nope, not Nov 2nd

Nehh
2009-11-01, 02:14 AM
Hey! That's tomorrow?!

My calendar is fail.

FujinAkari
2009-11-01, 01:26 PM
Hey! That's tomorrow?!

My calendar is fail.

Even when it gets here, I'm fairly certain Foxy will post something officially setting the scene :)

Fostire
2009-11-01, 01:27 PM
Even when it gets here, I'm fairly certain Foxy will post something officially setting the scene :)
There will most likely be a new thread specifically for the game.

Raz_Fox
2009-11-01, 01:28 PM
"Hey! Whataya think you're doing?" Issun hops up and down on Ammy's snout as he notices Nehh jumping the gun. "Don't you know that the brawling doesn't start till tomorrow?" He waves his sword threateningly at Nehh. "I oughta teach you a lesson! Do that again and wandering poet Issun will teach you a lesson about keepin' time!"

Amatarasu simply shakes her head and continues to walk through the USB thread.

V Junior
2009-11-01, 03:30 PM
Nyula shakes her head at the guy with the bad calendar, and goes back to looking for shinies.

((Raz, are you RPing Okami characters by any chance?))

FujinAkari
2009-11-02, 01:49 AM
To get everyone salivating... well... except for most of you who already know about it, you can pass the time with There Will Be Brawl (http://therewillbebrawl.com/episodes.php) one of the best webseries' I've ever seen :)

Be aware that, while it isn't what I'd call NSFW, it does contain some mature themes.

EleventhHour
2009-11-02, 09:25 AM
"I don't get paid enough... they had better be giving out decent checks for getting kicked around by these superpowered fr... characters." With a nonchalant glance at the braggart, she wandered on down the street, stopping to look through the window of the occasional shop. "I do have to wonder what this whole heros and villians bit is about, though..."

PhantomFox
2009-11-02, 10:06 PM
Thread has been posted and is awaiting approval

BishFish
2009-11-03, 07:41 PM
aha! I found the new thread:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130390
Game on!