PDA

View Full Version : Help with BIG races!

ChronoDwarf
2009-10-20, 04:08 PM
Hey I am a relatively new player to DnD, (atleast compared to many of my friends) and I was wondering if there was a race with an La of +3 with NO MONSTOROUS levels, or something with an LAof+1 and 2 monstorous humanoid levels (Or something along those lines). Any help is appreciated:smallsmile:

Thanks for reading PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!

Mando Knight
2009-10-20, 04:20 PM
Half-Dragon. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/halfDragon.htm) Apply to your favorite LA+0 race. Like a Water Orc (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/elementalRacialVariants.htm#waterOrcs). Use a Red or Gold dragon for the base dragon, and you won't have to worry about the penalty for fire.

The Glyphstone
2009-10-20, 04:24 PM
Half-dragon doesn't change your size though, so if the OP wants Big (Large) races, there's fewer options. Half-Ogre in Races of Destiny is Large with LA +2, don't remember any hit Dice. Half-Minotaur is a +1 LA template from Dragon that turns Small creatures into Medium and Medium creatures into Large. Half-Giants from the XPH are LA +1, Medium with the Powerful Build ability to let them get most of the benefits from Large.

NPCMook
2009-10-20, 04:24 PM
Or add the Winged Template from Savage Species to a Human, still get your Bonus feat, +4 Dex, and wings! for +2 LA

Thurbane
2009-10-20, 08:17 PM
The 1/2 Ogre from RoD seems to fit: +2 LA, no racial HD.

Fluffles
2009-10-20, 08:36 PM
Half-Ogre (SS for +1 LA, RoD for +2 LA) = Large Size.

Goliath (RoS, +1 LA) Is mediumm, but has Powerful Build.

Half-Giant (XPH, +1 LA) is the same.

Half-Minotaur (Dragon, +1 LA) get's a real size increase. Goes great with Goliath/Half-Giant.

A permanacied Enlarge Person will work too, no LA there.

Be a Psychic Warrior and use expantion as needed (Goes great with Half-Giant, Half-Minotaur)

All I got off the top o' me noggin.

Thurbane
2009-10-21, 03:40 PM
If you take the feat Willing Deformity: Tall and grab a pair of Strongarm Bracers, you can have many of the benefits of being large without having LA.