PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Primal Power

Gralamin
2009-10-20, 08:02 PM
So, I have Primal Power in front of me, and while quite a nice book overall, one thing just goes so far over the top its unbelievable. Surprisingly, this is the Shaman.

This is specifically the Keen Eagle Prestige class. Heres a few things I've typed up on IRC.

[ 18:59 ] [+GralaminShieldheart] Eagle Summons the fire (11th level): You and your allies can choose creatures or squares adjacent to your spirit companion as the target of your ranged attacks and area attacks.

[ 19:00 ] [+GralaminShieldheart] Oh and you can have two spirit companions at once for a turn when you AP

[ 19:01 ] [+GralaminShieldheart] And at 16th, all your ranged 5 / 10 powers become ranged 20.

[ 19:02 ] [+GralaminShieldheart] Winged Spirit Strike. Standard, Ranged 10. Wisdom vs Reflex against one creature. Wisdom mod damage. UNTIL END OF YOUR NEXT TURN, ANY ALLY CAN SCORE A CRITICAL HIT AGAINST THE TARGET ON A ROLL OF 16-20.

[ 19:03 ] [+GralaminShieldheart] Oh and The daily also gives 18-20 Crit range for you and your allies against anything adjacent to your spirit companion for the encounter (Unless it disappears)

Besides this craziness, any questions?

Asbestos
2009-10-20, 08:09 PM
I'm really in the dark on this book, if my DDI account were still going I could just use the Character Builder to help me out...

Anyway, what are the new Barb/Druid/Warden/Shaman builds like?

Do Barbs have non-Two-handed weapon at-wills?

Arbitrarity
2009-10-20, 08:15 PM
Hide Armor expertise is still crazy?

Also, is targeted assault +2 vs targets marking you, or targets you have marked? That was a big one on WoTC boards.

Xallace
2009-10-20, 08:15 PM
I'm mostly curious about the Swarm Druid. What all can you tell about it?

Gralamin
2009-10-20, 08:21 PM
I'm really in the dark on this book, if my DDI account were still going I could just use the Character Builder to help me out...

Anyway, what are the new Barb/Druid/Warden/Shaman builds like?

Do Barbs have non-Two-handed weapon at-wills?

Yes. Thunderborn Barbs have a non-two-handed at-will, and Whirling Barb have a two-weapon at-will.

Thunder Barbs control a bit. Whirling Barbs act like two-weapon rangers, but rarely make multiple attack rolls (Dealing damage like 1[W] + 1[W] (Off hand) + Strength , for instance).

Druids have Swarm Druid (Which pretends to be a swarm), and Summoning Druid, which isn't a build on its own but a set of dailies, with suggestions of integrating with the other Druid builds. Druid Summons have instinctive Effects: Stuff they do if you don't order them to do anything.

Shaman's have the Watcher / Eagle Shaman, which basically exists to make your group really good at sniping, and World Speaker Shaman, which acts more as a defender (It's OA at-will stops enemy movement!)

Warden's have Lifespirit Wardens, who pretend to be leaders (When you Second wind, an ally in 5 can HS and make a ST), and Stormheart Wardens which act more as controllers (When you second wind, slide each marked enemy by you and within 2 squares of you 1 square, and slow them until the end of your next turn).

The builds, overall look good and fun to play.

Edit:

I'm mostly curious about the Swarm Druid. What all can you tell about it?

I'll give some more info on that in a bit.

Hide Armor expertise is still crazy?

Also, is targeted assault +2 vs targets marking you, or targets you have marked? That was a big one on WoTC boards.

Yes, and stuff you marked.

Arbitrarity
2009-10-20, 09:40 PM
Are you serious.

Wow, that's the most idiotic feat I've ever seen. Until it gets errata, our Warden (MC barbarian) takes that next level :smallbiggrin: