PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Least Favourite Type of Bus Passenger

X2
2009-10-20, 08:53 PM
Earlier this morning I got on my regularly scheduled bus to go to school. At the back of the bus was a guy who I've never see catch the bus before. I didn't pay too much attention to him and for some of the ride it was okay. But soon, the quiet man mutated into one of the most unbearable types of bus passengers ever:

The Oblivious iPod Listener

I swear, this mans singing is the type of torture that is against the geneva convention and my sense of hearing will never be the same.

How about you, have you come across a type of bus passenger you don't like? Perhaps a Loud Gum Chewer or an Obnoxious Little Kid or maybe even a Foul-Mouthed High Schooler?

Post experiences:

Sneak
2009-10-20, 08:57 PM
Those with a foreign language as their native language who talk incessantly and very loudly with each other (they almost always ride the bus in groups of at least two and they are on pretty much every bus) and think it's okay just because most of the people on the bus can't understand what they're saying.

Katana_Geldar
2009-10-20, 09:03 PM
He's on the bus and train, his phone calls are a pain, He's Clive the slightly too loud commuter! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S_82ZXyTfc)

I have heard people state their bank details on the phone, I politely asked someone to stop this once as ANYONE could have written then down but I got rebuffed. :smallannoyed:

snoopy13a
2009-10-20, 09:12 PM
Probably the person with B.O.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-10-20, 09:12 PM
The guy with B.O. who tries to talk to me about Anime.

Walrus
2009-10-20, 09:16 PM
I dislike all of the types listed above, but my least favourite is definitely "Unaware of his Physical Surroundings Guy". This is the kind of guy who holds his coffee cup at an angle and is to busy reading and listening to his iPod to realize that it's spilling all over the floor/people around him.

Yes, I've seen it happen. And had coffee spilled on me.

snoopy13a
2009-10-20, 09:18 PM

Random people on the bus have talked to you about anime?

If someone tried that with me, I'd be absolutely dumbfounded and I think my jaw would drop. That seems like a utterly odd topic for an icebreaker :smallsmile:

RabbitHoleLost
2009-10-20, 09:18 PM
Random people on the bus have talked to you about anime?

If someone tried that with me, I'd be absolutely dumbfounded and I think my jaw would drop. That seems like a utterly odd topic for an icebreaker :smallsmile:
When I was in school, I'd read mangas or draw on the school bus.
This was my attempted way of getting people to leave me alone.
It didn't always work.

Groundhog
2009-10-20, 09:21 PM
The one who has waaay too much to carry.
This is not because I dislike this type of passenger, but because it kills me to see someone practically collapsing under the weight of too much stuff and not being able to offer help for fear of being taken for a thief.

Katana_Geldar
2009-10-20, 09:22 PM
There's also the kids who keep pressing the stop button, I was late for my teaching prac once because of this. Not from my school, but once I got there I phoned theirs.

snoopy13a
2009-10-20, 09:22 PM
It didn't always work.

Ah ok, that makes sense. The anime fans thought they could make a connection*.

Of course, it all could have all been avoided if you were reading Cosmo :smalltongue:

*On the bright side, reading magna would have worked on me as I don't like anime.

Katana_Geldar
2009-10-20, 09:24 PM
Reading magna (hot molten rock) would burn your hands, snoopy. :smallbiggrin:

snoopy13a
2009-10-20, 09:25 PM

Not if I read over the shoulder :smallbiggrin:

WarBrute
2009-10-20, 09:25 PM
Not on the bus but the light rail,

Guy who pees himself and then gets off... leaving a very large damp spot on the seat.

I really couldn't believe it when it happened

alchemyprime
2009-10-20, 09:26 PM

The people who keep blowing me off when I try to talk to them about anime, acting like my very presence is offensive. :smalltongue:

In all seriousness? Everytime I took the bus in the morning this last summer, there were two guys heading to university that signed everything. It was totally annoying to me because it reminded me of my school, where I'm one of the only few that haven't taken sign language as my secondary.

I'm going to take Japanese to help with a teaching program I'll be entering. So I'm afraid I may never know what they are saying...

Lupy
2009-10-20, 09:27 PM
The total stranger who sits next to you when other seats are untaken.

It's always creepy/weird when someone you've never met before sits next to you without having to. Then it's okay.

Oblivious to his surroundings man and i-Pod listener are two candidates as well, but second place goes to The Snacker. That guy who eats on the bus (ignoring signs) and gets his doritos/candy powder/chili on you. :smallannoyed:

Katana_Geldar
2009-10-20, 09:27 PM
Not if I read over the shoulder :smallbiggrin:

Sorry, that's rude! I can't stand passengers like that either.

Alteran
2009-10-20, 09:36 PM

I believe you mean magma. :smalltongue:

Groundhog
2009-10-20, 09:37 PM
Yes, isn't magna a brand of bike?

Yarram
2009-10-20, 09:38 PM
The Grandma always ticks me just a little, because I have to get up and give my seat to her.
I know it's the polite and nice thing to do, and it makes her happy, because she deserves it anyway, but that doesn't stop it from irritating me that I now have to stand.

Stormthorn
2009-10-20, 09:45 PM
Ah ok, that makes sense. The anime fans thought they could make a connection*.

Of course, it all could have all been avoided if you were reading Cosmo :smalltongue:

*On the bright side, reading magna would have worked on me as I don't like anime.

You know what keeps people away? Reading controversial literature. And it doesnt just work on the bus.
Although it tends to fail miserably in college, since it attracts English and Sociology and Philosophy majors to you.
I found that Lolita works very well as does Justine and Communist Manifesto.

But i personaly dislike the parasitic duo of two friends who are talking about something sure to be offensive ot some major gender or ethnic group. I dislike them anywhere but public transit or elevators are the only places i cant always move away.

billtodamax
2009-10-20, 09:49 PM
The seat hog that takes up both seats even though there's several people standing up. He'll usually be going to the very other end of the line, so it's unlikely that he gets up before everyone has to get off.

Inhuman Bot
2009-10-20, 09:50 PM
Little kids who are loud. I hate noise. >.>

Stormthorn
2009-10-20, 09:55 PM
Little kids who are loud. I hate noise. >.>

The guy called Slaanesh hates noise? Look at your avatar!

SurlySeraph
2009-10-20, 09:56 PM
The very loud tourist from somewhere in the Midwest who talks extremely slowly and extremely loudly and never stops talking and insists on pointing out every object in New York City to his or her child and telling said child what said object is in a very loud voice even though said child is clearly too young to pronounce "Metropolitan Museum of Art" much less understand what a museum is and gets about three quarters of the objects wrong it's a bus for God's sake buses and taxis are clearly different you should know this you're on one and your kid isn't even paying attention to you and yet you persist in speaking loudly enough for everyone in the bus to hear even though he's on your lap and graaaaaagh my aggression inhibitors are melting.

Cobra_Ikari
2009-10-20, 09:57 PM
There's also the kids who keep pressing the stop button, I was late for my teaching prac once because of this. Not from my school, but once I got there I phoned theirs.

These children must be related to the elevator-button-mashers. =P

Also, you look amazedly adorable. I feel I should tell you this. *huggle*

Orzel
2009-10-20, 10:01 PM
The lady the starts a fight with another lady. Did you need to push her and then yell about how you didn't?

Myshlaevsky
2009-10-20, 10:05 PM
Angry drunks, angry junkies, angry people in general and racists - but only, of course, if they give me cause to identify them as such.

Ever since I lost my own iPod I've been pretty keen on the person who sits in front of you and plays it too loud.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-10-20, 10:05 PM
This isn't just on a bus, but in public in general.

THE WIFE WHO STARTS FIGHTS WITH HER OBVIOUSLY RELUCTANT HUSBAND.
ARGRRRH

kpenguin
2009-10-20, 10:15 PM
Shy people. Like, you take a seat next to them, you try to start a conversation, and get rebuffed. Offensively sometimes.

Mauve Shirt
2009-10-20, 10:17 PM
The drunken homeless guy who makes that entire half of the bus smell like cheap booze and homelessness.

Cobra_Ikari
2009-10-20, 10:18 PM
Shy people. Like, you take a seat next to them, you try to start a conversation, and get rebuffed. Offensively sometimes.

There's a girl like this in my bio class, who happens to be really cute. She never says more than a word or two to me in class, but she's struck up hour-long IM convos with me. Shy people are weird. In a sorta-aww-adorable way, I suppose?

MoelVermillion
2009-10-20, 10:19 PM
The guy who literally smelt like sewage, he was a one off passenger but he was completely unbearable.

The annoying ass high-schoolers who haunt the back of the bus making too much noise and saying generally unpleasant things. These kids will sit at the back of the bus swear at each other loudly and often push each other into other passengers.

Phone music guys, these are like the iPod listener X1000. They travel in groups of two or more and cannot fathom the other members not being able to listen to their music; so instead of just playing it off an ipod they play it loudly off their low quality phone speakers. They'll usually talk loudly over the top of their music like they're not even listening to it and they'll give you mouth if you tell them to turn their music off/down.

billtodamax
2009-10-20, 10:19 PM

Those guys that start conversations on buses, when you're quite clearly reading a book or playing a hand-held game. Then you have to talk back, and put down your book, then you forget the page number, and it takes you ages to find it again...

Phone music guys, these are like the iPod listener X1000. They travel in groups of two or more and cannot fathom the other members not being able to listen to their music; so instead of just playing it off an ipod they play it loudly off their low quality phone speakers. They'll usually talk loudly over the top of their music like they're not even listening to it and they'll give you mouth if you tell them to turn their music off/down.

Yeah, I hate those guys.

Trog
2009-10-20, 10:27 PM
Me. I hate riding the bus. :smalltongue:

SDF
2009-10-20, 10:30 PM
Ugly people that hit on me.
Children that stare at you.
Smelly people.

I walk or drive almost everywhere so I don't take the bus much. Some of those people described... man... I would be such a jerk to them it wouldn't be funny. (it would be hilarious)

Stormthorn
2009-10-20, 10:50 PM
Ugly people that hit on me.
Children that stare at you.
Smelly people.

I walk or drive almost everywhere so I don't take the bus much. Some of those people described... man... I would be such a jerk to them it wouldn't be funny. (it would be hilarious)

Hey! Ugly people need love too. Like me.

X2
2009-10-20, 10:55 PM
May I add Hyperactive Noisy Kid especially when it comes with Apathetic Parents?

I never liked kids much to begin with but the knowledge of soon getting off the bus is all that keeps me from killing something.:smallannoyed:

The apathetic parents just suck too... maybe once or twice they'll lazily whimper "Honey dont... do... whatever" but aside from that we get nothing. Sure they might be exhausted and I do sympathise with them having to live with torture like this 24/7 but honestly...

FoE
2009-10-20, 10:57 PM
People who try to engage me in conversation on the bus. Get away from me, weirdo bus people! Am I carrying a sign that says 'Please be my friend"? Can't we all sit silently without acknowledging each other as the gods intended?

Actually, I'm not too crazy about the young kids who beat up bus drivers. Those are definitely my least favourite bus passengers.

Myshlaevsky
2009-10-20, 11:04 PM
People who try to engage me in conversation on the bus. Get away from me, weirdo bus people! Am I carrying a sign that says 'Please be my friend"? Can't we all sit silently without acknowledging each other as the gods intended?

Actually, I'm not too crazy about the young kids who beat up bus drivers. Those are definitely my least favourite bus passengers.

Do you feel the same on long bus trips? I absolutely hate sitting next to someone for more than an hour without speaking to them. It's not like I have room to read or draw or use the laptop properly.

Jokasti
2009-10-20, 11:05 PM
Everybody else
The bus is meant to transport you from one place to another. Bring something to do by yourself that will disturb no one else.

FoE
2009-10-20, 11:12 PM
Do you feel the same on long bus trips? I absolutely hate sitting next to someone for more than an hour without speaking to them. It's not like I have room to read or draw or use the laptop properly.

I try not to sit next to anyone, thereby eliminating the possibility of conversation.

Otherwise, I read. How can you not have space to read? What, do you perform gymnastics when you read? Do you practice your yoga techniques? Are you some kind of savant who can do cartwheels while reading? Do you act out scenes from the book?

X2
2009-10-20, 11:13 PM
I try not to sit next to anyone, thereby eliminating the possibility of conversation.

Otherwise, I read. How can you not have space to read? What, do you perform gymnastics when you read? Do you practice your yoga techniques? Are you some kind of savant who can do carthweels while reading? Do you act out scenes from the book?

See that? That right there? That made me lol.

Silverraptor
2009-10-20, 11:16 PM
What I hate are those people who are on the bus and start talking to you about a random thing you know nothing about like it's the biggest deal in the world. They also are so enthusiatic that you realize that your next stop is coming up, but they block you from pulling the cord so they can keep talking to you. Thank the gods that someone else on the bus had the same stop, or I'd have missed class that day.:smallsigh:

Inhuman Bot
2009-10-20, 11:17 PM

.....What? O.o

Myshlaevsky
2009-10-20, 11:19 PM

Otherwise, I read. How can you not have space to read? What, do you perform gymnastics when you read? Do you practice your yoga techniques? Are you some kind of savant who can do cartwheels while reading? Do you act out scenes from the book?

It's impossible not to sit next to anyone unless I want to get a very early morning or very late evening coach home.

When I read normally, I kind of stretch myself out. The way the seats are on the coaches I get I have to sit in a kind of cramped, elbows locked position to read without invading the personal space of the person next to me.

FoE
2009-10-20, 11:19 PM
.....What? O.o

Do a Google search for "assault" and "bus driver". You should come up with about a half dozen examples.

Freshmeat
2009-10-20, 11:36 PM
I hate the perpetually crying baby most. Oh look, a cute, fuzzly-wuzzly baby. How 'adorable' (and yes, I'm putting 'adorable' in sarcastic tags). But oh no!
The baby, it makes noise! And not the kind of annoying-but-consistent noise you might conceivably drown out of your mind, but the high-pitched yet grating shrieks and cries of a little creature whose sole purpose in life is to grab your attention and smash what little hopes you had of thinking straight for the next 45 minutes or so.

Babies. They're out there. They can't be bargained with. They can't be reasoned with. They don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And they absolutely will not stop, ever, until you turn completely insane.

Jokasti
2009-10-20, 11:40 PM
Which is why God made Soloman, teh Baby-Cutter-in-Halfer!!!

golentan
2009-10-20, 11:52 PM
My least favorite is The Mumbling Suspect. A man sat down next to me. He's unkempt, and mumbling to himself, and keeps looking over at me and asking if I agree. Not hearing what he said I say "I don't know, could you repeat it" and the cycle begins again. The bus gets delayed way past when it should have left, when suddenly a bunch of police cars pull up. The officers get on board, and politely ask the guy to step off with them. As soon as he clears the doors they slam him into the side of the bus, take a knife I hadn't seen from him (and I mean a big, sharp butcher's knife) and cuff him.

I read the next day police had arrested a transient wanted for stabbing someone matching my description, on a bus, the day before. The driver called it in when he saw the guy. Hooooly crap!!!

billtodamax
2009-10-20, 11:52 PM
Solomon, not Soloman.

Trust me on this. :smallwink:

Prak
2009-10-21, 12:03 AM
Probably the person with B.O.

Yeah, I was going to say
Smelly hobo who inexplicably has a bus pass (likely a lifetime parapelegic pass or similar), who actually reeks enough that the bus smells of him after he gets off.

I've never been so glad to be wearing a bandana as when I have to sit on the bus with him on it....

It didn't always work.
Ah yes, another type:
"Doesn't realize that such things as headphones, book, sketchpad mean the person wants to be left alone" guy
I hate that type too... and it's never someone interesting who talks to me... it's a borderline mental invalid, or a pot head, or a "gangsta"*... never one of the cute misfits...

The Snacker. That guy who eats on the bus (ignoring signs) and gets his doritos/candy powder/chili on you.
what about snackers who sit by themselves, eat quickly, and don't make a mess, packing the trash out with them?

Some of us are just shy. Some of us are antisocial and fill our senses with matter of our choosing to try and signal we don't want to talk.

*no offense to "gangsta's", just not the kind of person I prefer to associate with.

Katana_Geldar
2009-10-21, 12:05 AM
Snackers annoy me when they get out an orange, I absolutely HATE the smell of oranges. I once told off someone in a libary for eating an orange at the computer.

Prak
2009-10-21, 12:07 AM
usually I just grab a burger from the fast food place next to the bus stop. Something easy to eat in a moving vehicle.

Lycan 01
2009-10-21, 12:10 AM
My least favorite is The Mumbling Suspect. A man sat down next to me. He's unkempt, and mumbling to himself, and keeps looking over at me and asking if I agree. Not hearing what he said I say "I don't know, could you repeat it" and the cycle begins again. The bus gets delayed way past when it should have left, when suddenly a bunch of police cars pull up. The officers get on board, and politely ask the guy to step off with them. As soon as he clears the doors they slam him into the side of the bus, take a knife I hadn't seen from him (and I mean a big, sharp butcher's knife) and cuff him.

I read the next day police had arrested a transient wanted for stabbing someone matching my description, on a bus, the day before. The driver called it in when he saw the guy. Hooooly crap!!!

And the cops didn't want to have a word with you afterwards, considering you matched his MO? :smallconfused:

I myself don't ride the bus. :smallbiggrin: Then again, I don't really have anywhere to go. And buses don't ride through this area. Or city...

golentan
2009-10-21, 12:17 AM
And the cops didn't want to have a word with you afterwards, considering you matched his MO? :smallconfused:

Well, he didn't do anything to me. They asked a couple questions of the bus driver, and checked everyone was okay, and let us go about our days. And it's a fairly common description, there were half a dozen people who fit it on the bus.

Stormthorn
2009-10-21, 12:24 AM

/sing
Feels like im steppin into the twilight zone
The place is a madhouse, feels like being cloned....

kpenguin
2009-10-21, 12:34 AM
Some of us are just shy. Some of us are antisocial and fill our senses with matter of our choosing to try and signal we don't want to talk.

Well excuuuuuuuuse us conversation-lovers when we try to make human contact.

Prak
2009-10-21, 12:42 AM
Well excuuuuuuuuse us conversation-lovers when we try to make human contact.
Than talk to another conversation lover. :smallamused:

though to be honest, I'm usually taking the bus at 6:30 am and really just want to be left alone, or taking it home from a class I had to get up at 4:30am for, and REALLY just want to be left alone.

And I usually oblige the conversation lovers.

DrakebloodIV
2009-10-21, 12:47 AM
The "I'm having an ordinary volume conversation unitl I say something about SEX!. Cause my voice immediately gets ten times louder whenever I think of works like PENIS!. Or brag about that crazy DOGGIE STYLE! I had back before I had these sporadically loud conversations about VAGINAS." Type really pisses me off.

thubby
2009-10-21, 01:44 AM
apathetic parent does it for me. kids are kids, and you can at least berate annoying people.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-10-21, 01:52 AM
This, pretty much.:smalltongue:

loopy
2009-10-21, 06:32 AM
Than talk to another conversation lover. :smallamused:

though to be honest, I'm usually taking the bus at 6:30 am and really just want to be left alone, or taking it home from a class I had to get up at 4:30am for, and REALLY just want to be left alone.

And I usually oblige the conversation lovers.

We can't actually identify each other through telepathy, we have to, you know, start a conversation to figure out if the other person wants to talk. :smalltongue:

karnokoto
2009-10-21, 07:20 AM
I'm saddened by all the 'smelly hobo' replies.
The poor guy has nowhere to take a shower, and you lower middle-to-upper-classers have the gall to complain about the smell? Why don't you start complaining about the government and the lack of shelters where these guys can get off the streets and clean up? Or maybe we should just buy all the homeless people cars so they can stink up their own vehicles?
Seriously, guys. Yes, the smell is unpleasant. But its not like they have a choice in the matter.

I don't like the people who refuse to move to the back of the bus in rush hour. There are more people who have to get on, guys, keep moving!
And yeah, the people who think their music is SO AWESOME that the entire bus has to listen (I really enjoy your Miley Cyrus mix cd, no really) bug me too.

What gets me the most, though (and this is COMPLETELY my fault) is people who comment on the Horde (World of Warcraft) hoodie I usually wear on chilly days. I'm fine to tell em what server I'm on and what class/race I play, but once they start bragging to me about how they soloed GToC25 on their lv9000 druid, I just feel like whappin em with my sketchbook.

Cobra_Ikari
2009-10-21, 08:01 AM
The poor guy has nowhere to take a shower, and you lower middle-to-upper-classers have the gall to complain about the smell? Why don't you start complaining about the government and the lack of shelters where these guys can get off the streets and clean up? Or maybe we should just buy all the homeless people cars so they can stink up their own vehicles?
Seriously, guys. Yes, the smell is unpleasant. But its not like they have a choice in the matter.

I don't like the people who refuse to move to the back of the bus in rush hour. There are more people who have to get on, guys, keep moving!
And yeah, the people who think their music is SO AWESOME that the entire bus has to listen (I really enjoy your Miley Cyrus mix cd, no really) bug me too.

What gets me the most, though (and this is COMPLETELY my fault) is people who comment on the Horde (World of Warcraft) hoodie I usually wear on chilly days. I'm fine to tell em what server I'm on and what class/race I play, but once they start bragging to me about how they soloed GToC25 on their lv9000 druid, I just feel like whappin em with my sketchbook.

Aww. See, I would comment on this, too. But it would be, like, yay, Hordie! *high five/ fist pound*. And maybe to ask about your sketches. Because I'm annoying like that. =3

Eldan
2009-10-21, 08:45 AM
A little context, first:

To get to university by eight, I have to get up at a little before six in the morning and get on the bus at half past six to catch my train. I then proceed to sleep on the train for half an hour, which usually works since there are special "Silent Compartments" on the train. However, to be able to catch some more sleep, I don't drink any coffee at home. So I'm cranky, half-asleep and annoyed on the bus.
I always have earplugs with me, and I'm wearing them a lot. Mostly they are pretty cheap, since i can't afford the expensive ones. In the early morning, pretty much every sound I can hear with the earplugs in annoys me. This includes:

The two fourty-ish year old housewives conversing in incredibly loud and shrill voices. Different ladies every time, but they are around most days. Sadly, the local dialect has the tendency to pronounce every word with shrill vowels.
The Senior Citizen Hiking Club: no idea if they are a club, but apparently, older people around here have a tendency to go hiking in groups of 6-20 people, mostly men. When encountered in the morning, they are only loud, when encountered in the evening when returning, they are also drunk, and sometimes singing loudly.
The "Gangstas": our village contains a handful of these, who will be commuting to school in the next town in the same bus I use. Have a tendency to shout their names and various insults at each other and, as previously noted, play phone music.

There are more, but these are the most important ones.

Trog
2009-10-21, 08:51 AM
This, pretty much.:smalltongue:
D: DD hates meh! u.u

loopy
2009-10-21, 09:00 AM
D: DD hates meh! u.u

This is news? :smallconfused:
Love ya Trog! <3

Khanderas
2009-10-21, 09:01 AM
Angry drunks in a group, followed by Screaming Baby

Eldan
2009-10-21, 09:04 AM
Angry drunks in a group, followed by Screaming Baby

Ah, yes. I have the power to "unscream" 90% of all babies by smiling at them. Somehow it works. Nice to have on the bus too, when you try to sleep.

Trog
2009-10-21, 09:05 AM
This is news? :smallconfused:
Love ya Trog! <3
WAAAAAAAAAAAAH!! *sob*
*Goes to put bombs on buses that will detonate if they go below 55 mph to ease his pain.* =P

loopy
2009-10-21, 09:07 AM
WAAAAAAAAAAAAH!! *sob*
*Goes to put bombs on buses that will detonate if they go below 55 mph to ease his pain.* =P

*counters Trogs plan by placing bombs on all buses if they go above 55 mph...*

Sipex
2009-10-21, 09:27 AM
I think it should be noted that I'm a horrible person, I know this I've decided I'm okay with it so hating certain people, no matter what your reasons is well within my human rights.

Top 10, I ride the bus a lot (A LOT, my gameboy/sketchpad/books get a good workout). I also live in a big college/university town so quite a few of these will be student based.

#10 The guy who vomits on the bus.
This only happened twice to me and both times it stank up the bus (the guys were drunk) and everybody had to be kicked off because it was a biohazard. It was crazy late at night, the bus service is cut down because of this and I already had to wait 20 minutes for the bus I just got kicked off of! Augh!
#9 The person who takes the extra seat with their bag and pretends to sleep so they don't have to give up the seat.
Admittedly these are few and far between, also usually only seen on student busses. This isn't counting the person who pretends to sleep but is actually paying attention so they can move their bag when the bus gets full.
#8 The baby with the annoying shrill cry.
Is it the baby's fault it's upset and has a shrill cry? No. Is it still annoying? Yes.
#7 The person who talks to you when you want to be left alone.
Really, I don't want to talk, please...just let me be. I'd much rather be playing my gameboy.
#6 The two guys who sit in opposite seats (by choice) and converse across the bus.
Honestly, nobody wants to hear your conversation, buck up and sit next to each other.
#5 The person who sits in my stare space then proceeds to give me weird looks.
Yes, I understand it was a free seat and they have every right to be there but augh, it happens so much. I just got comfortable staring at that space and now you're going to glare me down because I've suddenly come to and realised I'm staring at your crotch.
#4 The person(s) listening to music on their cell phone.
Honestly, doesn't need any further explanation.
#3 The person who wears too much cologne or perfume.
Picture this: You're sitting on the bus doing whatever you usually do and suddenly it hits you. You look up and some...say lady in a frilly dress is getting on the bus. She sits in the seat in front of you and the smell is just overpowering. Do you move and look rude? Maybe she'll get off soon? Ten minutes later you have a pounding headache.
#2 The lazy parent.
Really now, try to keep your kids in check and the fold up seats are for folding up and putting your stroller there, not for sitting on so your stroller blocks the aisle! So much rage!
#1 The person who talks to you and doesn't get the hint you want to be left alone. Usually can only understand half of what they say too.
This is the worst in my opinion, usually people who talk to you get the hint after a few sentences and the bus ride resumes it's normal course for me but every so often people like this talk. I understand (in my experience) they have mental conditions and I'm a horrid person for thinking this but really, I can't understand them anyways and I'd really really like to do what I planned to do.

SDF
2009-10-21, 09:28 AM

Lady, I complained when they let poor people into my private school. Granted I graduated there 4 years ago and was complaining about it this morning... What was I talking about? Oh yeah, I drive everywhere so, again, not much of a problem for me.

But they never do that! I think I tried that as a joke several years ago and the bus still hasn't blown up. At this rate corrosion of the wiring is going to set it off.

loopy
2009-10-21, 09:32 AM
But they never do that! I think I tried that as a joke several years ago and the bus still hasn't blown up. At this rate corrosion of the wiring is going to set it off.

Yes, but when combined with Trog's plan... A whole fleet of buses all having to travel at exactly 55 mph. :smallamused:

Keshay
2009-10-21, 09:33 AM

Winner.

I came to the conclusion long ago that there was nowhere a bus went that I absolutely, positively needed to go that I could not get to in some other way.

I hate mass transit / long distance travel (flying) even more now that I've managed to let myself go physically. I know no one wants to sit next to a fat guy, I don't want to sit next to fat folks. I do not want to be anyone else's source of annoyance/discomfort.

Worst bus passenger ever though. Carl. A guy in my ecology class back in college. We took a class trip to the Cleveland Zoo. 2 hour drive. Apparently Carl was plum tuckered out on the ride back. I could tell because he kept falling asleep with his head on my shoulder. Carl was a "scumbag" type (unwashed, unshaven, pothead, etc...) and not a friend. This was a very clear violation of personal boundries. Polite requests, forceful requests, pushing him off, and finally threats of violence were of no avail. The dude kept falling asleep on me. I'm not usually a violent person, but after the third time, I let him know if he fell asleep on me again I'd kick his ass. He acknowleged ("alright, whatever"). I made certain those around us were also aware of this agreement. No more than 5 minutes later, there was Carl's head on my shoulder, where I let it stay for the remainder of the hour-long ride home. Upon exiting the bus, Carl was punched squarely in the stomach, then face. The sad part was he started crying there on the ground. I felt bad for a millisecond, then walked home.

Destro_Yersul
2009-10-21, 09:48 AM

*Counters both by putting Keanu Reeves on the buses*

I take the bus and train a lot, so I've run into my share of loud obnoxious drunk people. I'm a security guard, and I wear my uniform on the way to and from work, so sometimes they'll ask me questions. Unfortunately, I do not like talking to people much.

I've found pretending to be asleep, or actually being asleep, works well to get them to leave you alone, and since I take the bus at odd times of day nobody cares if I take up two seats.

onasuma
2009-10-21, 11:00 AM
People who look at you like a freak when carrying your leather satchle and pair of shortswords along with a backpack filled with plate armour. Some people.

Madmal
2009-10-21, 11:59 AM
I've grown on the public bus trip. seriously. The alternative is driving, and i'm pretty sure that'd just lessen my life span purely out of the stress it produces me.

of course, i'm still a bit stressed, specially when the driver happens to speed up to 60 between two blocks, on an urban and quited small road. Thank God (and my godfather) for my Ipod Shuffle. :smalltongue:

yes, sometimes i listen to music with my cellphone, but i have headphones that can connect. I don't sing out loud, but i do vocalize sometimes (which makes me seem insane, but hey, i could do worst.)

Now, onto the true topic of this thread:
-Guy with his pants droping (so his boxers are showing) specially if he's standing right next to my seat. considering how crowded this things get...
-People who doesn't give seats to elderly people. This depends on context of course. Put i've seen girls firmly seated on the reserved spots chatting, while the elderly person swims on the crowd. i usually tend to seat on the back, so this doesn't come often for me, and i avoid sitting on the reserved spots.
-The guy (usually) that stands in the middle of the free space, when all the seats are taken. Go to the end of the bus! less hate ifhe's actually chatting with someone and benefit of the doubt if he's next to the exit (he could be about to exit, afterall.)
-A crowded bus, overall specially because of the akwardness, considering i'm short. :smallredface:

and the first place:

-The Knocker: I've always tried to be tolerant, but this guy seriously presses my "contained frustrated rage of people" button. It's late (i tend to go out from college at 10 pm) rush hour ended about 2 hours ago (even earlier, depending on day) and both the bus driver and the ticket guy are on the lookout for some last passengers to farm money from before the long way to the station, and then home. So the route is a bit slower than usual.

But apparently, it's too slow for this guy, so what does he do? He starts Kicking the seat in front of him. or banging on the window, while yelling them to hury up. even a worse situation when it's my seat. urggh.:smallfurious:

Special mention to the bus that decides to screw it and only do half of the route. granted, they usually try to tell asap how far are they going (mostly before you enter), but it's still annoying having to wait for another bus.

rant over.

Trog
2009-10-21, 12:09 PM
Yes, but when combined with Trog's plan... A whole fleet of buses all having to travel at exactly 55 mph. :smallamused:
I heartily endorse this plan. :smallbiggrin: Should make the embarking/disembarking process interesting. Plus, from the sounds of it there are all sorts of people we don't like riding them anyway so that should keep them busy for a while. :smallamused:

*Counters both by putting Keanu Reeves on the buses*
:smalleek: Oh no! Our plan is foil - wait a minute. You're putting one guy on all of them at once? :smallconfused: Wouldn't that involve... you know... the dismemberment of Keanu Reeves?

I heartily endorse this plan. :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: Semi-relevant bus-related video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VnxRGIa-zM) :smalleek:

loopy
2009-10-21, 01:20 PM
I heartily endorse this plan. :smallbiggrin: Should make the embarking/disembarking process interesting. Plus, from the sounds of it there are all sorts of people we don't like riding them anyway so that should keep them busy for a while.

Okay, we've solved public transportation, whats next on our agenda, Master Trog? :smallsmile:

Cobra_Ikari
2009-10-21, 01:21 PM
Okay, we've solved public transportation, whats next on our agenda, Master Trog? :smallsmile:

People who talk at the theater.

Oh, wait. I'm one of those. >.>

...no stabs me, plz. v.v

Tiger Duck
2009-10-21, 01:26 PM
I'm assuming that the question still stand for trains, as I dislike taking the bus because I rarely do it ^^

Anyway the type of train passenger I dislike is the unhappy one.
You know the type that doesn't smile back when you smile at them, and even occasionally look angry at you for daring to smile at them.

Silverraptor
2009-10-21, 01:27 PM
I'm assuming that the question still stand for trains, as I dislike taking the bus because I rarely do it ^^

Anyway the type of train passenger I dislike is the unhappy one.
You know the type that doesn't smile back when you smile at them, and even occasionally look angry at you for daring to smile at them.

You must get that alot.:smallamused:

Tiger Duck
2009-10-21, 01:32 PM
Most people just don't notice you, and of the peoples that do only a fraction is actually annoyed. Sill to few smile back :smallbiggrin:

Trog
2009-10-21, 02:20 PM
:smallbiggrin: Well Trog's glad you asked that question Mister Loopy. It just so happens that Trog is ready to implement the next great boon to society with a simple press of this button right here. *unveils shiny red button*

With a single press of this button we shall eliminate that dreaded scourge of the internet! *presses button* Namely, people who get off topic in forum threads. :smallamused:

*a shadow begins to coalesce under Trog's feet*

So now that that's done what were we talking... uh..

*looks at his feet at the rapidly enlarging and darkening shadow*

er... talking about... again? *looks up*

Oh my. :smalleek:

*WHHUNGG!!!*
*is crushed under a 10,000 pound weight that drops from the sky stamped with large letters reading TROGCORP ENTERPRISES®*

Cobra_Ikari
2009-10-21, 02:24 PM
:smallbiggrin: Well Trog's glad you asked that question Mister Loopy. It just so happens that Trog is ready to implement the next great boon to society with a simple press of this button right here. *unveils shiny red button*

With a single press of this button we shall eliminate that dreaded scourge of the internet! *presses button* Namely, people who get off topic in forum threads. :smallamused:

*a shadow begins to coalesce under Trog's feet*

So now that that's done what were we talking... uh..

*looks at his feet at the rapidly enlarging and darkening shadow*

er... talking about... again? *looks up*

Oh my. :smalleek:

*WHHUNGG!!!*
*is crushed under a 10,000 pound weight that drops from the sky stamped with large letters reading TROGCORP ENTERPRISES®*

*pushes weight off, peels up Trog, reinflates, snuggles*

To be honest, I don't even ride public transportation much. But I just remembered someone annoying from high school.

I was a bit...geeky...in high school. Or, geekier than I am now. I would sketch patterns on my graphing calculator on the bus ride home. Some girl took to calling me "Calculator Boy", even long after I stopped doing that. I don't know why she always tried talking to me, since she didn't ever have anything to say. It was just...weird.

zeratul
2009-10-21, 03:08 PM
I'm not sure if this is a bus issue but on New York City subway the homeless born again christian with aids who's addicted to crack who feels the need to give a speech in the middle of the train is really damn annoying. If you go on the new york city subway multiple times in one day and don't run into one of these dudes then I would be extremely surprised. Also people who sing on the subway/bus.:smallannoyed:

EDIT: these aren't assumptions I'm making about homeless people in general, it;s just that two or more of those things is always mentioned in the aforementioned annoying speech.

Keshay
2009-10-21, 03:24 PM
I was a bit...geeky...in high school. Or, geekier than I am now. I would sketch patterns on my graphing calculator on the bus ride home. Some girl took to calling me "Calculator Boy", even long after I stopped doing that. I don't know why she always tried talking to me, since she didn't ever have anything to say. It was just...weird.

Have you considered the possibility that she was flirting?

Jinura
2009-10-21, 03:26 PM
The "Gangstas": our village contains a handful of these, who will be commuting to school in the next town in the same bus I use. Have a tendency to shout their names and various insults at each other and, as previously noted, play phone music.

They seem to be on every bus I take.

Also the people, typically young kids, that will insult you for no reason at all. Once had this happen when me and some friends where taking the bus to get to our LARP game ( back when I played it ) and these two guys began assaulting us, ranging from "nerd!" to what I really shouldn't write here.. Maybe we really shouldn't dress up in large wannabe medieval looking armor and latex swords... :smallredface:

Silverraptor
2009-10-21, 03:28 PM
They seem to be on every bus I take.

Also the people, typically young kids, that will insult you for no reason at all. Once had this happen when me and some friends where taking the bus to get to our LARP game ( back when I played it ) and these two guys began assaulting us, ranging from "nerd!" to what I really shouldn't write here.. Maybe we really shouldn't dress up in large wannabe medieval looking armor and latex swords... :smallredface:

That might've have been the source of the issue, yes.

Winthur
2009-10-21, 05:01 PM
I just love the grannies on the buses. Most of them are pepperpot shaped. Here are a few types (from Polish Uncyclopedia):

Acrobats - when they see a free sitting place, they channel their Spiral power, wonderfully get their mobility back and take the place in a speed of light.
Actors - when all the sitting places are occupied, the Actor pepperpot will stand in the middle of the crowd and subtly simulate various "vertebral issues" or "osteoporosis". They're pros.
Big City Granny - the bus already started to go towards its next destination. So this lady will race over to the bus, stepping over people, go BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE... and finally get rewarded! The bus stops and the door is open! She takes a peek, asks whether is this bus going to <location> and after getting the negative answer she comes back to the bus station.
Woobies - they're just adorable, little grannies with legs like sticks. Weak, thin, usually have no idea where they are and where are they going. They're on the brink of genocide and widely protected.
Forest Monsters - HUGE ladies with huge furcoats that take up to 2 sitting places in a row.
Good Advice Granny - this one is for ninja fans. Look pretty innocent and like to sit with other people. They NEVER sit alone. Their purpose is to hang out with young people and give them advice on such important topics as shaving poodles, the relation between eating curry and getting good marks on exams, preventing colds and flu', brewing home-made wine from apples, making onion juice... In case of prolonged exposure they cause death and paralysis.
Camels - they usually appear in bus stations near malls. The Camel will first drop two heavy bags inside the bus and waltz inside with a little cart full of grocery. Then she will storm through a (usually fully packed) bus with all those bags, usually containing 20 kilos of sugar or flour or water in 5-liter bottles.
Physician - usually carrying heavy grocery bags. They operate with elaborate plans. They choose buses that have no sitting places anymore. So they just wait for the first sharp turn and they let go of the handles they stabilized themselves on, allowing the force of inertia to bump her into other passengers. After a few such events, someone will definitely free her a sitting place. (this looks like something out of a XKCD comic.)
Furyat - the type to outswear Samuel L. Jackson, <random rapper> and George Carlin. Every single molecule of their body and the Unholy Aura they spawn makes them cuss out of their mind. Touch them or look funny at them and brace yourself.
Historian - snipes out groups of young people. Usually strikes somewhere in the middle of the discussion with a long-winded "During the war, I have..." etc.
Kamikaze - usually makes a bull rush towards the bus that's about to go, barges inside, takes the sitting place of the people that try to help out with the huge luggage she's carrying. Usually carries a lot of scars from her meetings with all the cars she hit during her practice runs.
Last Minute - she won't get off her seat until way after the bus arrived in the place of her destination. She will get off it and spring like a bullet out of a gun just as the new passengers start flocking into the bus.
King - this lady is basically your Forest Monster on drugs. She doesn't fear anything thanks to the huge coat she's wearing and the posture she's sporting. She will come up to you and, with holier-than-thou attitude, bestow these words upon you: "Get off there, lad, I'm pushing 90 and my legs aren't as good as way back then." You aren't messing with the King.
Icebreaker - she has a radar telling her whenever there's a free seat. She barges towards it immediately with all the huge bags she's carrying and stomps over the people that are in her path.
Engine - you sit in a bus and she stands over you and wheezes like crazy. Like an engine.
Lord Vader - Engine Granny's ultimate form.

Thanatos 51-50
2009-10-21, 05:29 PM
Well, using the Japanese trains instead of busses, here.
The Yippy Old Lady
this is even more qannoying when you consider that Japanese trains are usually so quiet - people are respectful and don't get in each others business. If you're alone, everyone is reading a book or listening to their DMD, or farting about with a Nintendo DS.
If you're with a friend, you're conversing about whatever at a quiet, respectful volume.
Then you get thes ewomen who walk up onto the train, sit next too teach other and speak so loud that their conversation rips right though the sound dampening on my headphones and covers the entire car. This is especially annoying when I have to pay attention to th announcements because there is no English anywhere on the train and so have to rack my brain for limited Japanese. Annpoying because of the rarity and complete contrast.

Girlfriend and I - when we're together - counter this by being the Canoodling Couple because it amuses us to annoy them right the <censored> back.

The SECOND most annoying train passangers is "I want to have conversation in English, Kudasai Guy". Yes, your language skills are good. You obviously recieved a better education than the outdated public school English crap.
But no, I have to take of my headphones, smile, and appease them and flatter their ego by noting how interesting or impressive all their years studying English have been that I cannot note a grammatical error off-hand in a five minuete converation.
Gah!.
I counter this, by... um...
I can't.
Stupid me being regard as a stupid authority figure by the locals...

Winthur
2009-10-21, 05:40 PM
Girlfriend and I - when we're together - counter this by being the Canoodling Couple because it amuses us to annoy them right the <censored> back.

Polish busses have the Chaperon squad. These kinds of pepperpots sit next to two lovers and moan, murmur and mutter about them. After a while, they start openly disapproving of this behavior. In certain cases, they resort to asking the couple to show their wedding rings.

Chunklets
2009-10-21, 05:44 PM
Not on the bus but the light rail,

Guy who pees himself and then gets off... leaving a very large damp spot on the seat.

I really couldn't believe it when it happened

I hear you on that one. Might I add:

Bus passengers who fail to warn an innocent kobold who just got onto the bus that Guy Who Pees Himself had been sitting in that particular seat, which had dark upholstery and was thus completely harmless-looking...

That was an annoying day. :smallfurious:

Thanatos 51-50
2009-10-21, 05:51 PM
Polish busses have the Chaperon squad. These kinds of pepperpots sit next to two lovers and moan, murmur and mutter about them. After a while, they start openly disapproving of this behavior. In certain cases, they resort to asking the couple to show their wedding rings.
"Do you want a hug, too?"
:smalltongue:

Prak
2009-10-21, 07:25 PM
jump in a lake/river/pond/fountain. Find a laundrymat, use some of that change (or ~$20, that I've seen this guy pull out and count) to pop your clothes into a wash while you at least wash some of the filth away in the bathroom.

These are seriously the things I would do in their situation, as when I can smell my stench, I know it's way past time to do some basic cleansing.

At which point I'd show them the finger right next door to the ring.
On the other hand, being a lonely, miserable old(in spirit) man... I hate canoodling couples out of jealousy... though I usually just look away.

Warpfire
2009-10-21, 09:16 PM
The complainer. That is, the people who when they encounter one of the above people/situations, decide to exacerbate it by constantly complaining about it while making sure the problem-causers can't hear him/her.

As a wise man once said: Nut up or shut up.

Stormthorn
2009-10-21, 10:40 PM

Having encountered actual gangsters on occasion before i must say these guys seem tame.

Prak
2009-10-21, 10:57 PM
Having encountered actual gangsters on occasion before i must say these guys seem tame.

which is why they're merely an annoyance.

Eldan
2009-10-22, 03:41 AM
The complainer. That is, the people who when they encounter one of the above people/situations, decide to exacerbate it by constantly complaining about it while making sure the problem-causers can't hear him/her.

As a wise man once said: Nut up or shut up.

These don't exist in switzerland. Obviously, when someone annoys you, like by playing loud music in the sleeping compartment, you stare at them angrily for two seconds, close your eyes again when they don't seem to notice, wait a minute, stare angrily at them a second time and when they still don't stop leave the compartment in the most theatrical fashion you can manage, stomp out and go to another coach.

Oh, and as for the "gangstas": note that in switzerland black people are almost entirely limited to african war refugees. Nevertheless these "gangstas", because they admire american rappers and don't speak a word of english at the same time, will call each other "bro"/"brotha" or "*****" and claim that they are "from the hood". In a four thousand people village inhabited mostly by the families of office workers and bankers from the next larger town.

Vella_Malachite
2009-10-22, 04:33 AM
...Wow. My bus is pretty good. I only get the Gaggle of Obnoxious Teens talking too loudly and listening to music too loudly and...yeah.

Except there was this one guy, who sat next to me and was...creepily friendly. Really, overly friendly. And he was a good twenty years older than me.

Our bus drivers are worse than our passengers. One of them shut the door on a girl's foot. I'm not kidding. No apology, either. He grumbled at her for being slow!:smalleek:

Quincunx
2009-10-22, 05:10 AM
Thank you for the translation, Winthur! I haven't laughed that much since the first time I was directed to the Flame Warriors website.

Our local buses feature a type not yet mentioned, the Sharpie Child. The first in her family to learn how to write her name and the date, she and her pack proudly practice the magic on every surface on the bus, floor and ceiling not excepted. Sharpie Child upperclassmen add "4eva" or "<3s" depending on who slagged off whom recently.

Prak
2009-10-22, 07:16 AM
proudly practice the magic on every surface on the bus, floor and ceiling not excepted.
I first read that as "sacrifice".
kinda... changes that whole image...

...it's early.

Exeson
2009-10-22, 08:17 AM
Well this is more on trains for me as I rarely use the bus but my main hate are the kids/chavs/creatures that play music on their phones out loud.

Usually I ask them to 'turn it off or get yourself some F***ing earphones, mate' and the good thing is that with a Mohawk and lots of spikes/chains on my person they usually comply nicely. :smallbiggrin:

UnChosenOne
2009-10-22, 09:12 AM
I must say that I dislike from next Public trasports usertypes: Smileguy There is nothing wrong about that you allways smile expect that fact that it makes you looking like mental patient who've just escaped from hospital and is still under effects of "happiness cocktail". Staring kid aka kid(s) who will always stare you like they had never have seen human before.

Myshlaevsky
2009-10-22, 09:18 AM
I must say that I dislike from next Public trasports usertypes: Smileguy There is nothing wrong about that you allways smile expect that fact that it makes you looking like mental patient who've just escaped from hospital and is still under effects of "happiness cocktail". Staring kid aka kid(s) who will always stare you like they had never have seen human before.

Really? Smiling? Are you a miserable lot or what?

I don't really begrudge kids their curiosity either, thought it would perhaps depend on age and attitude.

Tiger Duck
2009-10-22, 09:21 AM
Very well then no smiles for you :smallmad:

Yes I know that, but I don't care I just want to make others smile with my infective smile. :smallfrown:

UnChosenOne
2009-10-22, 10:08 AM
Very well then no smiles for you :smallmad:

Good, 'cause this allways smiling act doesn't belong to behavior culture around here and thus it's quite irrating and freaky.

snoopy13a
2009-10-22, 04:14 PM
Now, the absolute worst bus passenger is this guy:

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/Health/Beheader+criminally+responsible/1356476/story.html

EleventhHour
2009-10-22, 08:39 PM
The ones who sit next to me.

Not really, but sort of.

Okay, normally I'll put my bag on the chair next to me, to save me the akwardness of a stranger sitting next to me, trying to figure out what novel I'm reading, or something to that effect. Now, I take the bag down when the bus is getting close to full, since understandably, they want to sit down, and not next to the smelly guy with the Mario moustache. But it irritates me, when more than half the bus is empty, even some rows or benches with noone in them at all, but the person decides, "Hey, that girl with her knees up, face buried in a book, and a hood pulled up looks friendly, I wonder if she'll move the backpack out of the chair for me."

:smallsigh:

Inhuman Bot
2009-10-22, 08:53 PM
Now, the absolute worst bus passenger is this guy:

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/Health/Beheader+criminally+responsible/1356476/story.html

Ah yeah, fun times.

Welcome to Winnipeg, murder capital of Canada. :smallsigh:

I think the best part of that is the "He heard voices from god to kill him. And eat his body. Seriously, it's totally not just him not wanting prison, so let's pat him on his head and send him on his way." :smallannoyed:

Kneenibble
2009-10-22, 08:57 PM
Although supposedly we lost our bloody crown this year to Abbotsford.

Copacetic
2009-10-22, 09:14 PM
The bus I take is usually only high school kids because it drives be the school exactly as school gets out. So the only people I need deal with are the Annoying, Foul-mouthed High Schoolers. And not even that most of the time. Then again, my town was a really awesome mass transport system.

Cobra_Ikari
2009-10-22, 09:15 PM
The ones who sit next to me.

Not really, but sort of.

Okay, normally I'll put my bag on the chair next to me, to save me the akwardness of a stranger sitting next to me, trying to figure out what novel I'm reading, or something to that effect. Now, I take the bag down when the bus is getting close to full, since understandably, they want to sit down, and not next to the smelly guy with the Mario moustache. But it irritates me, when more than half the bus is empty, even some rows or benches with noone in them at all, but the person decides, "Hey, that girl with her knees up, face buried in a book, and a hood pulled up looks friendly, I wonder if she'll move the backpack out of the chair for me."

:smallsigh:

...d'aww. *runs up and cuddles* =3

I tend to sit at least one seat removed from everyone, if possible. I'd rather someone choose to sit next to me than me choose to sit next to them, whenever possible. =P

Oh, and sorry, reader/artist types. I'm sometimes that guy who runs up and asks what you're reading/ what your art looks like. I know, I'm much more annoying in real life. Hard to fathom, isn't it? =3

Alarra
2009-10-23, 02:25 AM
I hate the perpetually crying baby most. Oh look, a cute, fuzzly-wuzzly baby. How 'adorable' (and yes, I'm putting 'adorable' in sarcastic tags). But oh no!
The baby, it makes noise! And not the kind of annoying-but-consistent noise you might conceivably drown out of your mind, but the high-pitched yet grating shrieks and cries of a little creature whose sole purpose in life is to grab your attention and smash what little hopes you had of thinking straight for the next 45 minutes or so.

Babies. They're out there. They can't be bargained with. They can't be reasoned with. They don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And they absolutely will not stop, ever, until you turn completely insane.
I took the little pudding troll on a 4 hour flight earlier this week and he didn't make a peep. He was such a doll. When we stood up to get out, the guy in the row behind me said, "Wow...there was a baby in front of me? I didn't even notice." I was so happy. I was terrified that he would scream the whole time and I wouldn't know what to do.

My hate? Old Italian men but not just any old italian man, the specific old italian men, (of which there were many, apparently this was a common problem when I was in Florence) that would ride busy buses all afternoon/evening, for the only purpose of standing closer than necessary to a young girl and grinding against her butt. Try as you might to get another person/seat/backpack between you, it never worked for long.

V'icternus
2009-10-23, 03:55 AM
That is... very creepy.

I will never look at Old Italian Men the same way again...

I personally prefer to sit alone. With at least three rows to myself.

When cramped, I stand, and then the only people I don't like are those that push against me unnecesarily.

...Unless they're part of the very select group of people I allow to touch me, or are very attractive... then I don't hate them for it. :smalltongue:

thestarvingpoet
2009-10-23, 10:36 AM
Ah, so many annoying bus users. While most of these annoy me, there is only one user who will consistently drive me crazy regardless of whether I've had an amazing day or not. This is the Lazy Person. This is the person who will get on the bus/train and get off a mere 1-3 stops later (typically a 10 minute or under walk). As someone who regularly walks the 40 minutes from work to home this drives me bonkers, especially during rush hour.

Adumbration
2009-10-23, 10:56 AM
I think I can top most of these. This type didn't happen to me, but to my roommate at the training center. I call it the Perv. Now, the premise is simple. My friend is waiting for a bus on the station, and this 50-year-old comes over and starts making smalltalk. Suddenly, the man starts talking about how my friend's type is very wanted, lusted after in his circles. He asks if my friend has a ride home.

Now, this would be bad enough if it was an attractive young lady the Perv was hitting on, right? But my friend is an 18-year old combat medic in army uniform. And he's male. My friend told me later that he probably could've made a lot of money.

*shudder*

Silverraptor
2009-11-04, 10:35 AM
I'd like to reopen this thread if nobody minds. I just had a recent encounter with another passanger.

It was early in the morning and I was waiting for the bus to go to school. As soon as I sit down, the man standing there with a pack of cigerates and one in his mouth asked me. "Are you a Morman?"

I just looked at him and asked, "Does it really matter?"

"Oh, no, no, no. Just god commited suicide."

"What?"

And he kept on telling me about how god commited suicide and that created the universe. No big bangs or anything like that. So I did what I always do when I meet a religious nut*. I smile, nod, say I didn't know about that, and pretend to be mildly interested.

Then a spanish lady with 2 young children came up to the bus stop. He quickly stopped talking to me and started speaking to them in spanish. I understood him say "moon" and "night" several times and mock with his hands on stabbing one self with a knife and I can assume he was telling them the same thing he told me.

He kept this up with every new person that arrived until the bus finally came. I had to keep myself from rolling my eyes all the time.

*My definition of a religious nut is one who tries to pass on their religion to passersby.

Violet Octopus
2009-11-04, 11:56 AM
The Person Who Doesn't Move Up To The Back Of The Bus.

You plan your day badly, and end up having to catch a bus during rush hour. So all bus seats are taken, and many more people are standing. Inevitably there is someone who stands in the middle of the bus, oblivious to the fact that the people in front need more room, and there's plenty more space to be made if he'd just step back. So I end up stuck at the very front at the place where people aren't actually meant to stand, where there's nothing to hold onto.

There are worse types, but that's the one I encounter most frequently.

Perenelle
2009-11-04, 02:02 PM
the guy that tries to make conversation with you when yet you're trying as many "conversation ending techniques" as possible

and this doesn't necessarily apply to just people on buses, pretty much people in general that dont get the hint that you dont want to talk to them. :smallannoyed:
I'm good with being friendly and maybe having a small conversation, but when saying obvious statements to get them to stop talking to you like "oh; well I better get back to reading my book" or "Nice talking to you", or maybe even turning your entire body to gaze out the window, they still dont realize that you're not interested in talking; those people annoy me to the extent where I'm tempted to open the window and throw them out of the moving bus. :smallsigh:

Gamerlord
2009-11-04, 02:35 PM
I don't go on the bus much but when I do I really hate The pair of guys you can hear saying insulting stuff about you just a few inchs away, but that you can't tell to shut up because you don't have any real evidence.

Zanaril
2009-11-04, 03:15 PM
The "I'm having an ordinary volume conversation unitl I say something about SEX!. Cause my voice immediately gets ten times louder whenever I think of works like PENIS!. Or brag about that crazy DOGGIE STYLE! I had back before I had these sporadically loud conversations about VAGINAS." Type really pisses me off.

It's worse when it's a bus full of high school students.

For some reason, it's the lower years that do this the most. I'm sure we never acted like that...

And then there's the people who stand in the doorway smoking, so to get on the bus you have to push past them (carrying your awkwardly large art folder and heavy schoolbag) and get an unwanted whiff of their tobaco-stinking BO.

Don Julio Anejo
2009-11-04, 05:24 PM
My most annoying bus passenger? The honger. (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=honger) Why? Well, if you don't like it (I certainly don't), you can at least understand why "gangsters" and "wiggers" act like jackasses on the bus (or well, in general). They're trying to look tough and rebellious and all that, which pours out to rebelling by playing bad music on cell phones and talking loudly about SEX and BOOZE.

But now imagine a fairly harmless looking Asian guy. Looks like... well, haven't figured out yet what they're going for... either an anime character or a parrot. Probably really smart. Probably also has really rich parents. Is also quite cultured, which you can't say about wiggers.

Now imagine him acting almost exactly the same way as the wigger while on a bus. Hanging out in groups of at least 3-4. Yelling in Cantonese to the point where my $150 noise cancellation DJ headphones aren't helping. Playing really bad J-Pop with really bad quality (read: lots of cracking) on their cell phones. Calling each other just to hear bad J-Pop ringtones. Talking along the lines of: *Chinese word* *English word* *la*. Literally add "la" after every second word...

And they just wouldn't shut up. Never, ever, ever.

The worst part - I can understand 90% of what they're saying despite knowing all of three words in Cantonese and despite them trying to talk almost exclusively in Cantonese.

Also, people who tell me to move my bag from the seat next to me when I'm going to class on a virtually empty bus at 7:30 AM because they want to sit there.

PS: *shudders*.. I had an old Italian guy as a boss for something like 5 months..

Dracomorph
2009-11-04, 06:15 PM
stuff

He's a crazy person who read Scott Adams' free novel. (http://nowscape.com/godsdebris.pdf) It's not even that good a novel.

That's all kinds of sad.

Silverraptor
2009-11-04, 06:41 PM
He's a crazy person who read Scott Adams' free novel. (http://nowscape.com/godsdebris.pdf) It's not even that good a novel.

That's all kinds of sad.

Hence why I called him a religious nut.

Katana_Geldar
2009-11-04, 08:53 PM
My most annoying bus passenger? The honger. (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=honger) Why? Well, if you don't like it (I certainly don't), you can at least understand why "gangsters" and "wiggers" act like jackasses on the bus (or well, in general). They're trying to look tough and rebellious and all that, which pours out to rebelling by playing bad music on cell phones and talking loudly about SEX and BOOZE.

But now imagine a fairly harmless looking Asian guy. Looks like... well, haven't figured out yet what they're going for... either an anime character or a parrot. Probably really smart. Probably also has really rich parents. Is also quite cultured, which you can't say about wiggers.

Now imagine him acting almost exactly the same way as the wigger while on a bus. Hanging out in groups of at least 3-4. Yelling in Cantonese to the point where my $150 noise cancellation DJ headphones aren't helping. Playing really bad J-Pop with really bad quality (read: lots of cracking) on their cell phones. Calling each other just to hear bad J-Pop ringtones. Talking along the lines of: *Chinese word* *English word* *la*. Literally add "la" after every second word...

The worst part - I can understand 90% of what they're saying despite knowing all of three words in Cantonese and despite them trying to talk almost exclusively in Cantonese.

Also, people who tell me to move my bag from the seat next to me when I'm going to class on a virtually empty bus at 7:30 AM because they want to sit there.

PS: *shudders*.. I had an old Italian guy as a boss for something like 5 months..

He's on the bus and train, his phone calls are a pain, he's Clive the slightly too loud commuter! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U-7JsdflL8)

AtomicKitKat
2009-11-04, 09:03 PM
The "foot on the seat" passenger. Absolutely disgusting. I once had the displeasure of encountering 2 such teenagers putting their slipper-clad feet up on the seats. It's one thing to raise your knees against the back of the seat in front of you. It's quite another to be lounging on the long seats(those facing sideways) with your feet up on where someone else will be sitting. They combined this with "gratuitous profanities". Truly a double-threat.

Another time, I encountered a man in his 40s who put his socked feet up on the headrest of the seat in front of him.:smallyuk:

Twice now, I've also had the displeasure of riding in a bus with a mentally disturbed passenger. These are the types who just break out into weird verses of songs(that I've never heard of), or suddenly start blurting to some invisible person beside them. Why they're allowed to be out and about unmedicated is beyond me.

Thes Hunter
2009-11-04, 09:08 PM
the guy that tries to make conversation with you when yet you're trying as many "conversation ending techniques" as possible

and this doesn't necessarily apply to just people on buses, pretty much people in general that dont get the hint that you dont want to talk to them. :smallannoyed:
I'm good with being friendly and maybe having a small conversation, but when saying obvious statements to get them to stop talking to you like "oh; well I better get back to reading my book" or "Nice talking to you", or maybe even turning your entire body to gaze out the window, they still dont realize that you're not interested in talking; those people annoy me to the extent where I'm tempted to open the window and throw them out of the moving bus. :smallsigh:

Funny, I was going to say the same thing... but since most of the people who do this to me are older ugly (and possibily married) men, I was going to classify them as "Men who continue to hit on me when I am quite clear I am not interested, and would like to not make conversation."

However, I have also run into chatty women....

Katana_Geldar
2009-11-04, 09:17 PM
One thing I hate to see on buses (and anywhere else) is the parent who over disciplines their kids. Sometimes kids are just curious and it is hard to make them sit still at times, I know as I was one of those kids so on public transport my dad always tried to distract us so we wouldn't disturb other people (although one afternoon we entertained the bus with songs :smallredface:).

These parents clearly think their kids are a distraction, and the child is just starving for attention while being ignored by their mother who is usually talking to a friend, on the phone or her ipod. Then the kid, bored out of his mind as kids often are...decides to go for a walk...

I'm a teacher, I know how to deal with these sort of kids and they're usually lovely if they you know are interested in them and listen. And this is why it upsets me to see them get screamed at and get backhanded. Kids are just being kids and aren't born with the inherrant ability to behave in public, people should realise that.

SurlySeraph
2009-11-04, 09:31 PM
...you know, I'd always thought your avatar had a very exasperated-teacher-like appearance. That explains that, then.

Generally I've found parents more annoying than kids. It's kind of cute to hear a kid ask lots of questions. Hearing a parent, unprompted, explain to their three-year-old what every single object they can see is and does is rather less cute.

Though the kids who are annoying are really damn annoying. I still remember that one who attempted to count to a billion, and over the course of that very long ride did so successfully, at least by his own understading (he counted one through 99 then 100, then to two hundred, then counted the next hundred and said it was 1,000, then 10,000, then 100,000, then 1 million, then finally got off shortly afterwards after spending several minutes telling his mom he had counted to a million). Nothing like listening to an annoying-voiced kid misunderstand math and be unable to aid his understanding out of the certainty that his angry-looking cell-phone-wielding mother would flip out at you for talking to her precious child. This was at least 6 years ago, and I can still feel his triumphant whines of "A hundred thousand niiinety niiiiine - A MIIILLIIION!" burning a hole in my sanity.

Dispozition
2009-11-04, 09:37 PM
School Girls. Often giggling ones at that. They're loud, and not just normally loud, they're ear-peircingly loud. I'm a drummer, I can cope with loud noises...These, I cannot.

What's worse is the One Stop Wonder. While I admit, I am sometimes this person, I never do it on a full tram! Seriously, would walking 200 metres actually kill you? No? THEN DO IT!

Katana_Geldar
2009-11-04, 09:39 PM
GMing is actually rather similar to teaching, in that you need everyone's attention, are expected to pick up after people, have to respond to the people in the room and act accordingly and be extremely on the ball.

Phae Nymna
2009-11-04, 10:25 PM
Mr. or Mrs. "Be Quiet Child"

Mr. or Mrs. "Young Man You Are a Bad Person"

Mr. or Mrs. "OHMYGODBABBY"

Mr. or Mrs. "Dirty Looks to the Dirt Looking"

All of these have happened to me or someone next to me.

I often get the "Dirty Looks" type if I talk to myself (often), draw people (often), or write about the people around me (often).

Also, I get dirty looks if I try to focus my camera on ANYTHING inside the streetcar or if I make any of my views obvious.

Berserk Monk
2009-11-05, 12:37 AM
The kind that is grossly overweight and doesn't know how to operate clothes.

Don Julio Anejo
2009-11-05, 01:07 AM
The kind that is grossly overweight and doesn't know how to operate clothes.
And seats. And isles for that matter. Seriously, don't stand at the entrance to the isle if the only way around you is to get in through another door.

Perenelle
2009-11-06, 06:57 PM
Funny, I was going to say the same thing... but since most of the people who do this to me are older ugly (and possibily married) men, I was going to classify them as "Men who continue to hit on me when I am quite clear I am not interested, and would like to not make conversation."

However, I have also run into chatty women....

I've found that the older men tend to talk to me and make conversation more than women. in fact; I dont think I've ever been randomly talked to by a chatty woman.
Some guys can just be downright creepy though... :smallannoyed:

Cobra_Ikari
2009-11-06, 07:30 PM
I've found that the older men tend to talk to me and make conversation more than women. in fact; I dont think I've ever been randomly talked to by a chatty woman.
Some guys can just be downright creepy though... :smallannoyed:

>.>

<.<

*puts on fake moustache, tries again?*

Perenelle
2009-11-06, 07:55 PM
>.>

<.<

*puts on fake moustache, tries again?*

you're not creepy! *huggles* :smallbiggrin:

Pocketa
2009-11-07, 08:07 PM

School Girls. Often giggling ones at that. They're loud, and not just normally loud, they're ear-peircingly loud. I'm a drummer, I can cope with loud noises...These, I cannot.

What's worse is the One Stop Wonder. While I admit, I am sometimes this person, I never do it on a full tram! Seriously, would walking 200 metres actually kill you? No? THEN DO IT!

I'm one of those people, so they're my favorite. It's great when I see those people on the bus and we have matching ringtones. It's the best.

I take the bus home with my friends. We're tired, we've had a long day, we always sit in certain seats. We are members of the popular clique. We have perfect hair and clothes, an acronym made of our initials, are key members of Homecoming/Prom/etc. committees, have great grades, etc. Some people compare me to the Libby (I hate TV Tropes, but it's a necessary annoyance?), do I sound like I care? Anyways, on the bus, the following things annoy me:

People that sit in our seats when they know that they're our seats.

No, not innocents that happen to sit in our seats. Losers that know where my friends and I sit and choose to sit there, hoping we'll converse with them.

Solution? We sit in the quad (our seats are in quads of 2 seats facing forward, 2 facing behind), one person stands in the aisle or squeezes with the 2 people sitting together, and talk about how great our lives our. I.e. parties, friends, fun.

People that try to talk to us on the bus.

I'm not interested in hearing about a stranger's day or what they're interested in. I have friends, and if I wanted more, I would have talked to them. They're probably smelly or a nobody, so why would I bother caring?

Solution? I ignore them while my friends glare and then tell them off.

People that ask to borrow my phone, for directions, etc.

Do I look like your mother? I'm nobody's babysitter. Learn to Google Map. It really annoys me when these people have an iPhone or something and still ask.

Solution? Pretending not to speak English. I can do it because I look really obviously Asian, and the two girls I take the bus with aren't white either. Stereotypes FTW in this case.

BTW, on the bus, we're purposefully giggly, pretend to get phonecalls, call each other while on the bus, and have a ton of fun, because we know it annoys everyone else.

Inhuman Bot
2009-11-07, 08:11 PM

Well, that's my daily dose of self-importance from someone on the internet.

Specifically, "your seats"? What makes you specialy deserving of some seats over other people?

Pocketa
2009-11-07, 08:16 PM

Well, that's my daily dose of self-importance from someone on the internet.

Specifically, "your seats"? What makes you specialy deserving of some seats over other people?

The fact we sit there every day. It's only when people sit there and know that it's our seat. i.e., a certain girl at our school keeps trying to get in with my crowd. We don't like her for legitimate reasons: she's mean to a lot of people, she plagiarizes her work from both the Internet and our friends, and she has physically and verbally assaulted us before. Now, because we're Homecoming, she wants to be friends with us, and so she keeps bothering us at school. At school, she can whine she's being excluded, so we have to act as if we're okay with her and not tell her off. On the bus, she'll try and sit with us, but because there's 3 of us, we usually all sit on the bus in the quad, and have our bags on one seat or invite someone else to sit there. She tries to beat us to the bus by getting on at an earlier stop because we have optional e.c. classes and she doesn't, so she has the opportunity, and tries to get us to sit with her. If we switch, she tries again, so we decided to just cut her off by ignoring her when she sits In Our Seats.

Jamin
2009-11-07, 08:22 PM
I'm one of those people, so they're my favorite. It's great when I see those people on the bus and we have matching ringtones. It's the best.

I take the bus home with my friends. We're tired, we've had a long day, we always sit in certain seats. We are members of the popular clique. We have perfect hair and clothes, an acronym made of our initials, are key members of Homecoming/Prom/etc. committees, have great grades, etc. Some people compare me to the Libby (I hate TV Tropes, but it's a necessary annoyance?), do I sound like I care? Anyways, on the bus, the following things annoy me:

No, not innocents that happen to sit in our seats. Losers that know where my friends and I sit and choose to sit there, hoping we'll converse with them.

Solution? We sit in the quad (our seats are in quads of 2 seats facing forward, 2 facing behind), one person stands in the aisle or squeezes with the 2 people sitting together, and talk about how great our lives our. I.e. parties, friends, fun.

I'm not interested in hearing about a stranger's day or what they're interested in. I have friends, and if I wanted more, I would have talked to them. They're probably smelly or a nobody, so why would I bother caring?

Do I look like your mother? I'm nobody's babysitter. Learn to Google Map. It really annoys me when these people have an iPhone or something and still ask.

Solution? Pretending not to speak English. I can do it because I look really obviously Asian, and the two girls I take the bus with aren't white either. Stereotypes FTW in this case.

BTW, on the bus, we're purposefully giggly, pretend to get phonecalls, call each other while on the bus, and have a ton of fun, because we know it annoys everyone else.

Some of that stuff is just being mean too people who are trying to be nice

Pocketa
2009-11-07, 08:33 PM
I don't talk to strangers. So no, I'm not going to be nice to them. People get kidnapped helping strangers look for puppies, a far more important cause than getting directions. If they obviously have a phone, they can use it to call someone. If they need directions, they can ask a bus driver. I take the bus in a group because I live in a dangerous urban area. We're not nice to strangers, because nice people don't win. We're perfectly nice at school, hence why we've won Homecoming. You don't win Homecoming if everyone hates you. But I'm not going to get kidnapped just for being nice. A lot of crime like that happens around my area. I looked at the local sex offender map, and most of them live on my bus route, no kidding. So I'm not going to take that risk.

tl;dr my signature.

Unrelated: My friends and I do play music on the bus. But only on fieldtrips on private buses. We're totally different on school buses, which are way safer, duh. We have our music, our food, the works, because we're allowed to, and we make sure not to make a mess. The only passengers we're annoying are our peers, who are probably used to it (if a certain behavior annoys them) because the rest of the passengers are teens, and my friends and I do call each other just to hear our ringtones and dance in the halls, parapara (synchronized dance) style. Our school has few rules concerning behavior...

I don't hate anything on the buses except the kids that whine about going on the trip or bring everything they don't need. I.e. the kid that brings their history books even though we won't be having class, and they're not bringing it to study or anything. Then they whine about here they're going to put the stuff.

We recently had a boat trip, and it cost the school a ton of money because it was about $40/person. One girl chose to go, even though it was optional, and used up the scholarship funds (people had the option to pay if they could) for it, and then whined on the way, on the boat, and one the way back about how much she hated boats, the ocean, etc.

The people that whine and ask for food get annoying, especially when they get to the point of departure half and hour early, have $10 in the wallet, and refuse to trek a block to the CVS.

What do other people hate on fieldtrip buses that just consist of one's peers onboard?

_Zoot_
2009-11-07, 08:51 PM
Any body and every body that is talking when i'm in a bad mood. Yes, I know thats not reasonable, but i'm still cross with them.

Pocketa
2009-11-07, 08:54 PM
Zoot, you sound awesome, and I agree with that as well.

Cobra_Ikari
2009-11-07, 11:01 PM

...am I the only one who thinks far too many people are irritated/annoyed/upset far too often by far too minor grievances?

_Zoot_
2009-11-07, 11:17 PM
Gah, now that I re-read my post I see that it came out wrong, a better way of putting it would be to say that I don't like riding the bus when I'm in a bad mood because having other people around dons't help the situation. Don't hate me...

Eldan
2009-11-08, 07:12 AM

...am I the only one who thinks far too many people are irritated/annoyed/upset far too often by far too minor grievances?

Well... let's just say: I have to get up at six, and on the bus at half past six. I rarely get more than four hours or so of sleep during the week, because I go to bed at ten and then stay awake in the dark thinking to until 2. I'm grumpy, tired, have a headache and any and all sounds annoy me until about two hours later when I'm half-awake.
So, yes, it's probably minor, but it annoys me a lot.

Don Julio Anejo
2009-11-08, 05:35 PM
Yes, but see, they're guys. Twenty-something year old Asian guys, probably studying business, finance, biochemistry or somesuch. While acting like teenage girls on their way to prom.

Girls I don't mind. You can always do something like this if you're bored:

Bunch of girls talking about something girly, something girly, lipstick, something even more girly, Jason, something else girly.

*Put on sly half-smile*
*Look one of the girls in the eyes*

-"Can you *pointing at the girl* please tell Jason that he has my condolences?"
-"Huh? Do you know Jason? Why does he need your condolences?"
-"Well, I don't know Jason, but I assume *you* (emphasis on "you") do. I personally have known you for about a minute. So will you give him my condolences? It looks like he needs them."

Inhuman Bot
2009-11-08, 08:17 PM

And you keep saying your a nice, decent person?

Ah well, if you don't know them, they don't count.

Pocketa
2009-11-08, 08:20 PM
Yes, but see, they're guys. Twenty-something year old Asian guys, probably studying business, finance, biochemistry or somesuch. While acting like teenage girls on their way to prom.

Girls I don't mind. You can always do something like this if you're bored:

Bunch of girls talking about something girly, something girly, lipstick, something even more girly, Jason, something else girly.

*Put on sly half-smile*
*Look one of the girls in the eyes*

-"Can you *pointing at the girl* please tell Jason that he has my condolences?"
-"Huh? Do you know Jason? Why does he need your condolences?"
-"Well, I don't know Jason, but I assume *you* (emphasis on "you") do. I personally have known you for about a minute. So will you give him my condolences? It looks like he needs them."

That, IMHO, is super creepy! And I'd probably scream.

And I live in a really dangerous area, so the best way to keep safe is looking unapproachable. However, it raises the question: if everyone else stopped doing that, would we be able to finally see who the really dangerous people are?

Don Julio Anejo
2009-11-08, 08:55 PM
I live in a fairly safe city where if a 6 foot-four Hell's Angels biker with a dozen tattoos, a knife in one hand and a lead pipe in one hand asks you for directions at two o'clock in the morning in a downtown back alley, he really is lost and only asking for directions.

And this almost exact same conversation got me a couple of dates out of maybe three times I used it when I was really that annoyed, so dunno.

Edit: whoops, condolences is probably the wrong word to use. I meant something along th lines of "I feel really sorry for this Jason person because he has to put up with you - I can't and I've only known you for a minute."

EmeraldPhoenix
2009-11-09, 12:38 AM
Rosa Parks II

By which I mean the black guy/girl who doesn't seem to understand that the buses are not segragated, who goes to the back of the bus and grumbles loudly about how "everybody else got the good seats 'cuz they're white an' I'm not."

Especially a pain when there is
A. Empty seats farther up on the bus, or
B. People who are clearly non-white sitting in plain view farther up on the bus.

Nobody is discriminating against you! You're just an idiot!:smallannoyed:

Also, this guy. (http://xkcd.com/374/)

Cobra_Ikari
2009-11-09, 02:33 AM
Rosa Parks II

By which I mean the black guy/girl who doesn't seem to understand that the buses are not segragated, who goes to the back of the bus and grumbles loudly about how "everybody else got the good seats 'cuz they're white an' I'm not."

Especially a pain when there is
A. Empty seats farther up on the bus, or
B. People who are clearly non-white sitting in plain view farther up on the bus.

Nobody is discriminating against you! You're just an idiot!:smallannoyed:

Also, this guy. (http://xkcd.com/374/)

This kind of person generally irritates me. :smallsigh:

EmeraldPhoenix
2009-11-09, 02:35 AM
This kind of person generally irritates me. :smallsigh:

Wait, me, or the person I described?:smallconfused:

Rowsen
2009-11-09, 05:57 AM
The type of person who irritates me the most, I call, Mr Campfire!

The cretin who deems it necessary to sing along to what ever flavor of the month crap they have on thier iPod/Mobile/Phone/Whatever. You can't sing, you will never be able to sing, stop it.

Skeppio
2009-11-09, 05:58 AM
My personal unfavourite:

Pigpen: The commuter who, when he/she exits the vehicle, leaves behind enough rubbish to occupy several seats.

Yarram
2009-11-09, 06:16 AM

Wow... You sound like someone I'd really dislike in RL... Purposely annoying, elitist, you exclude people and don't help people on principle, just because you can? That's a really selfless attitude! [/sarcasm]
There is nothing I enjoy more than a positive discussion with someone I've never met before in an odd place. I find it very empowering to have a chat with say, the bus-driver when we're both alone.

It always surprises me how interesting things I don't understand can be. On a two hour bus trip where I was the only passenger, I had an odd, but great discussion about how to make money on the stock market...:smallbiggrin:

I guess I'm sortof taken aback by that attitude, because I tend to latch on to groups of strangers who look like nice, interesting people and hang out with them, then never see them again, and I'd be pretty offended if I spoke to someone and they ignored me.

llamamushroom
2009-11-09, 07:08 AM
I guess I'm sortof taken aback by that attitude, because I tend to latch on to groups of strangers who look like nice, interesting people and hang out with them, then never see them again, and I'd be pretty offended if I spoke to someone and they ignored me.

You sound like the kind of person I wish I was; I'm always uncomfortable around strangers, even though I know that there's no real reason to. It's kind of annoying.

For me, the most annoying type is the Last Minute Shush!-er. This name actually covers two different types: the annoying kid who left their homework for the bus, and then yells at everyone else for making noise; and the person who decides to shush you about 10 seconds after you've finished making noise.

Cobra_Ikari
2009-11-09, 11:10 AM
Wait, me, or the person I described?:smallconfused:

The kind of person you described. Bus or not, that's really, really annoying.

*hugs*...I don't know you, so how could you annoy me? :smallamused:

KataraAltinaII
2009-11-09, 11:15 AM

this type of person annoys me to no end. :smallfurious:

no, I wholeheartedly agree with you here. :smallsmile:

Sipex
2009-11-09, 11:39 AM
Oh yeah, we're all being completely irrational, in fact, we're probably guilty of some of the things we hate (I know I used to do a lot of the things I rage about now).

But really, it's a (usually) boring bus ride, annoyances are going to have a better chance at getting on our nerves.

In fact, on rides where I have something to do (and someone doesn't try to talk to me) I don't really notice the things that annoy me.

badam104172
2009-11-09, 01:15 PM
the foul-mouthed high schoolers, definitely. I go right by their school every day, get battered with racial slurs for a few blocks, and then they all get off to go to the mall. not a fun way to spend the afternoon.

Volos
2009-11-09, 03:46 PM
The Christian Who Stares

The Mother With Three Screaming Kids and One In The Oven

The Gangsta

You

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2009-11-09, 04:24 PM
The Person who Thinks You're a Pervert, just because you happened to look in their general direction for about a second. I always get this, and I'm hardly a creepy stalker or anything like that and certainly don't look like one either.

And I must be one of the few in this thread who likes conversations on the bus and would rather not be rebuffed by absolutely everyone. I find on the train I can have a good conversation to pass the time, but on the bus you'd think I'd tried to murder someone.

zeratul
2009-11-09, 04:55 PM
Oh I just thought of a gratuitously annoying one

Teenage girls singing along to really crappy music
Seriously, this is just horrible on so many levels. I mean when they do it for a little while it's not that band, but when they're doing it incessantly over a 40 minute bus ride it gets annoying as hell, especially when they're also using speakers to play aforementioned bad music. Luckily my friend picked up some portable speakers this year so when they do it now were just going to blast satanic black metal at them, should scare them ****less and brighten our days. :smallbiggrin:

varthalon
2009-11-09, 07:29 PM
Anyone that is discourteous in general but Sick people in particular... I think one of the rudest things you can do is risk infecting other with your own illness and I hate being crammed right up next to someone that is hacking and coughing and probably contagious.

Especially when it gets this bad (http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/164488/lose-your-head.jhtml) (sorry about the commercial lead-in to the video clip).

randman22222
2009-11-09, 07:37 PM
College Drunks

Pretty much all variants. The wasted party girl who will flirt with anything that'll hold still long enough, the guy who will ask you about your favourite teams, and try to convert you to his, the group that starts "singing" anthems no one but them have heard of, and then glare at you for not singing along, the couple in an relationship obviously broken by their infidelity that they make vows to fix time and time again, the extraordinarily drunk whose breath makes you gag, the one who wants to fight anything that'll hold still long enough, the one to whom everyone remotely dissimilar is <some homophobic insult>... (List continues.)

AtomicKitKat
2009-11-09, 09:03 PM
So far, I've had 2 ways of dealing with annoying passengers. Both make me look a little crazy(it also helps that at 5'8", I'm already taller than a good 80-90% of the population on board). The first is to just release a low hiss(with slightly parted lips), as long as possible. This follows my theory that shushing is actually derived from the ancient fear of snakes among the ape ancestors(ie, the monkeys in the trees stop screaming and hollering, as they try to focus on the source of the sound so they can flee from the snake). This doesn't always work, but if people suspect me, they also tend to shut up the next time the hiss comes around(which it will if the volume rises too high again).

The second I only ever did once, when an annoying Indian woman talked(in Tamil, or Urdu, or whichever Indian sub-continental dialect) non-stop on her cellphone. For 40 minutes. About 30 minutes in, I started punching the metal grab poles and continuously muttering ever louder "SHUTUP!"s.:smallfurious: Given that at the time, I was sporting mussed, shoulder-length hair, combined with my height(even seated), most people in my immediate vicinity were a little creeped-out, but not Mdm Machinegun. She was oblivious, even though a university student commented loud enough for me to hear "Yeah, I can see why he's annoyed. She's been talking since she got on board (30 minutes ago) at XX road." I was personally hoping that by looking like a "hair-trigger" semi-insane person, I could have stunned the bus into silence(well, when I see mentally disturbed people on the same bus as myself, twice now, it's usually quite quiet except for their outbursts, so it does work, although my social ranking would probably drop if I did it continuously like they do.)

Another annoying type of person is the one who raises their voice so their friends/phone partners/whoever can hear them over the sound of the PA system on the subway(which comes on to announce the station we're at, as well as whichever one we're going to next), and DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO LOWER IT BACK DOWN. Honestly, how hard is it to just shut up for 5 seconds so the PA can finish whatever they have to say, then continue your conversation?:smallfurious:

Pocketa
2009-11-09, 11:30 PM
Wow... You sound like someone I'd really dislike in RL... Purposely annoying, elitist, you exclude people and don't help people on principle, just because you can? That's a really selfless attitude! [/sarcasm]
There is nothing I enjoy more than a positive discussion with someone I've never met before in an odd place. I find it very empowering to have a chat with say, the bus-driver when we're both alone.

It always surprises me how interesting things I don't understand can be. On a two hour bus trip where I was the only passenger, I had an odd, but great discussion about how to make money on the stock market...:smallbiggrin:

Did you not read the followup? Loud bus anyways, and whenever I don't engage in that behavior, people bother me. My bus lets me off by my house, and people have figured out where I live when I get off the bus. As in, strangers that wanna keep talking and get off the bus and follow you.

I don't talk to strangers, because I'm

a 16 year old girl.

I don't care how nice somebody is, I don't know them. All the psychos are nice until they pull out a knife. If you could tell who was crazy or a creeper, there wouldn't be a need to be so wary. But I'm realistic.

I don't talk to strangers, and I don't intend to. If somebody wants to meet me, they have to do it through the proper channels. This extends to school as well. When people that are not connected to me or a mutual friend or class or something attempt to engage with me, I politely ask them to leave me alone, and that if they're interested, they should go join one of my EC's or clubs, and if they persist:

These do the talking. (http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Shoes/Boots/Nana-Black-Overlay-Pole-Climber-Boot-331961.jsp)

I never engage with strangers. It makes them feel uncomfortable usually, and if they don't show it, they're being polite. If there was an IRL block button, I'd use it. Oh wait, it's called ignoring somebody. I don't feel the need to expend energy on somebody I don't even know, nor care to know, seeing as they've been so audacious as to approach me without my consent. I have the right to not talk to somebody, and I exercise it on a daily basis. There are people in my classes I refuse to talk to, and I'm legally allowed to do so. Because it doesn't disrupt with anyone's learning. I just don't feel like engaging with people that either know nothing about what they're talking about or intentionally try to offend me.

Oh I just thought of a gratuitously annoying one

Teenage girls singing along to really crappy music
Seriously, this is just horrible on so many levels. I mean when they do it for a little while it's not that band, but when they're doing it incessantly over a 40 minute bus ride it gets annoying as hell, especially when they're also using speakers to play aforementioned bad music. Luckily my friend picked up some portable speakers this year so when they do it now were just going to blast satanic black metal at them, should scare them ****less and brighten our days. :smallbiggrin:

PROTIP: It doesn't scare them anyway.

this type of person annoys me to no end. :smallfurious:

no, I wholeheartedly agree with you here. :smallsmile:

Well, we really only do it on fieldtrips. But I live in a terrible city, IMHO. It's a loud bus, and whenever I'm by myself and quiet, people bother me and try to grab at me.

Mr. Mud
2009-11-09, 11:35 PM
@Pocketa: It seems that you're forgetting that 99.999...% of the Internet is a "stranger" to you. Including all of us. We could be those people who you're avoiding. We could be your family members. You don't know :smalltongue:*. And not everyone is out to getcha, ya know :smallbiggrin:.

*The internet: Where men are men, women are women, and little girls are FBI agents.

Cobra_Ikari
2009-11-09, 11:36 PM
Pocketa, you just come off really...well, arrogant female teenager. Which I'm sure lots of people here got pretty sick of in high school. Hell, if I didn't know better, I'd think you were my little sister (which is probably why I find you amusing more than annoying >.>).

My friend and I used to sing along to metal songs on the bus when kids like you were singing pop songs in the back of the bus. I think it just solidified everyone thinking we were crazy. =P

zeratul
2009-11-09, 11:36 PM
PROTIP: It doesn't scare them anyway.

Id settle for pissing them off and drowning out their music .:smallamused:

Inhuman Bot
2009-11-09, 11:37 PM
Anyone that is discourteous in general but Sick people in particular... I think one of the rudest things you can do is risk infecting other with your own illness and I hate being crammed right up next to someone that is hacking and coughing and probably contagious.

Especially when it gets this bad (http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/164488/lose-your-head.jhtml) (sorry about the commercial lead-in to the video clip).

....In my defence, I get dizzy when I'm sick, and forget to cover my mouth sometimes. >.>

Pocketa, you just come off really...well, arrogant female teenager. Which I'm sure lots of people here got pretty sick of in high school. Hell, if I didn't know better, I'd think you were my little sister (which is probably why I find you amusing more than annoying >.>).

It seems like the point, actually. Everyone in my high school. is incredably self importent, so why not other schools? :smalltongue:
....Me real good at engrish, amirite.

zeratul
2009-11-09, 11:41 PM
My friend and I used to sing along to metal songs on the bus when kids like you were singing pop songs in the back of the bus. I think it just solidified everyone thinking we were crazy. =P

Yeah loudly singing Starless Aeon by Dissection and headbanging has gotten me and my friends some odd looks on the skii bus :smalltongue:

Don Julio Anejo
2009-11-09, 11:42 PM
If there was an IRL block button, I'd use it. Oh wait, it's called ignoring somebody. I don't feel the need to expend energy on somebody I don't even know, nor care to know, seeing as they've been so audacious as to approach me without my consent. I have the right to not talk to somebody, and I exercise it on a daily basis. There are people in my classes I refuse to talk to, and I'm legally allowed to do so. Because it doesn't disrupt with anyone's learning. I just don't feel like engaging with people that either know nothing about what they're talking about or intentionally try to offend me.
So, uhm, you did say you have friends, right? :confused:

The thing is, unless you live in Detroit, not everyone is out to get you. In fact, they probably don't even care about you (sorry to break your bubble :tongue: but it's true). If you do live in Detroit, a little thing like you ignoring someone won't stop them from whatever it is they want to do.

Also, you'd be hard pressed to find a pervert if you approached every creepy older guy in a trenchcoat that has a windowless van. Even if they have an axe, a chainsaw and a whole binful of rope. Chances are they will tell you to go away unless you want them to fix your house.

Cobra_Ikari
2009-11-09, 11:43 PM
Yeah loudly singing Starless Aeon by Dissection and headbanging has gotten me and my friends some odd looks on the skii bus :smalltongue:

*shrugs*...I like to think I'm a pretty nice person, but apparently, in high school, I was "that weird kid". I even had a girl come up to me one day and ask me not to kill her when I shot up the school. I'd never do such a thing. v.v

Ah, well. =\

zeratul
2009-11-09, 11:45 PM
*shrugs*...I like to think I'm a pretty nice person, but apparently, in high school, I was "that weird kid". I even had a girl come up to me one day and ask me not to kill her when I shot up the school. I'd never do such a thing. v.v

Ah, well. =\

Apparently some kid brought me up in a school discussion once in a class talking about how he was afraid I was going to come in and kill everyone. I like that people have this opinion of me, makes people less likely to mess with you.

Inhuman Bot
2009-11-09, 11:47 PM

Ah, well. =\

Hey, at least that was "one day."

I'm told that I look like a "Russian terrorist ****er". Nothing like that to boost the ol' ego.

Pocketa
2009-11-09, 11:56 PM

Most people don't at my school. Most people are exactly like me. So it's fine. And people on my bus are either totally like me and I know everyone on the bus, or total creepy strangers when I get on at 8:45pm when the creepers go back to my area on my bus and no other bus runs.

Ah, well. =\

That happened to me on the one day I wore a trench coat. And then everyone told that person not to be silly because I have poor depth perception. Actually, because I'm an advocate against violence at my school, but for self defense (hence steeltoe-modified knee-high lace-up leather-boots)

So, uhm, you did say you have friends, right? :confused:

The thing is, unless you live in Detroit, not everyone is out to get you. In fact, they probably don't even care about you (sorry to break your bubble :tongue: but it's true). If you do live in Detroit, a little thing like you ignoring someone won't stop them from whatever it is they want to do.

Also, you'd be hard pressed to find a pervert if you approached every creepy older guy in a trenchcoat that has a windowless van. Even if they have an axe, a chainsaw and a whole binful of rope. Chances are they will tell you to go away unless you want them to fix your house.

I do have friends, because their families know my family from college, and then they have families they know, etc. And SF/Berkeley is a really scary area, especially at night, when I get home after I finish volunteering with disadvantaged youth that the disciplinary system at my school wants to suspend instead of give a chance to repair any harm caused. Which is around 8 or 9pm.

Id settle for pissing them off and drowning out their music .:smallamused:

Or educate them about better music? Not all pop is bad, just as not all metal is either. The Exies FTW, if they count. And DK, but that's not metal.

@Pocketa: It seems that you're forgetting that 99.999...% of the Internet is a "stranger" to you. Including all of us. We could be those people who you're avoiding. We could be your family members. You don't know :smalltongue:*. And not everyone is out to getcha, ya know :smallbiggrin:.

*The internet: Where men are men, women are women, and little girls are FBI agents.

Well dur, it's GitP. But the power of Anon is not to be messed with at all. 4chan is only one of many scary places on the Interwebs. And I don't even want to get into which Playgrounders I know IRL.

Anuan
2009-11-10, 12:05 AM
Apparently some kid brought me up in a school discussion once in a class talking about how he was afraid I was going to come in and kill everyone. I like that people have this opinion of me, makes people less likely to mess with you.

This is complete and utter trash, in my experience.
Having had this description uttered about me since about fourth grade, I've usually had to deal with people pushing me constantly to see how far it takes before I'll snap, or pick fights with me to see what happens. You break somebody's collarbone, and people two weeks later are still pushing you. It's stuff like this for many years that brings you to the point where you really feel you could stare into somebody's eyes as you killed them and feel no remorse.

I'm pretty glad I got the **** out of there. Having feelings is nice occasionally.

Pocketa
2009-11-10, 12:07 AM
Having had this description uttered about me since about fourth grade, I've usually had to deal with people pushing me constantly to see how far it takes before I'll snap, or pick fights with me to see what happens. You break somebody's collarbone, and people two weeks later are still pushing you.

This. Right here. Proof of why children are cruel. That's all anyone said to me until I won Homecoming which apparently=acceptance, but apparently being nice, and quiet, and smart doesn't account for anything in grade school. Ammiright?

Mr. Mud
2009-11-10, 12:08 AM
Well dur, it's GitP. But the power of Anon is not to be messed with at all. 4chan is only one of many scary places on the Interwebs. And I don't even want to get into which Playgrounders I know IRL.

So you don't associate yourself with strangers in real life, but you don't have any objections to giving away personal information to millions of internet users :smallconfused:? (I'm referring to your post where you mentioned that you lived in the SF/Berkeley area.)

zeratul
2009-11-10, 12:12 AM
Having had this description uttered about me since about fourth grade, I've usually had to deal with people pushing me constantly to see how far it takes before I'll snap, or pick fights with me to see what happens. You break somebody's collarbone, and people two weeks later are still pushing you. It's stuff like this for many years that brings you to the point where you really feel you could stare into somebody's eyes as you killed them and feel no remorse.

I'm pretty glad I got the **** out of there. Having feelings is nice occasionally.

Suppose it varies person to person, it's working okay for me. People stopped messing with me after 8th grade when i turned metal and started wearing my trench coat frequently, also apparently I always look angry which is odd but probably adds to the overall effect. I'm pretty nice to people when they actually talk to me, the assumptions just happen to make people wary of me which is useful.

Pocketa
2009-11-10, 12:13 AM
Suppose it varies person to person, it's working okay for me. People stopped messing with me after 8th grade when i turned metal and started wearing my trench coat frequently, also apparently I always look angry which is odd but probably adds to the overall effect. I'm pretty nice to people when they actually talk to me, the assumptions just happen to make people wary of me which is useful.

And also, it's easily googlable where I life.

Don Julio Anejo
2009-11-10, 12:15 AM
Having had this description uttered about me since about fourth grade, I've usually had to deal with people pushing me constantly to see how far it takes before I'll snap, or pick fights with me to see what happens. You break somebody's collarbone, and people two weeks later are still pushing you.
Point: don't let it get to where you snap. That's kinda the whole fun for people who do it. Pick on them before they get a chance to pick on you. E.g. guy who usually bullies you comes up near you..

"Hey, why did you push me???" (say it really angry)
"What, no... I didn't push you.. Are you high?"
"Dude, you push me again, I'm gonna *expletive* your face."

Won't make people think you're any more violent than now but now you won't be an easy target.

Mr. Mud
2009-11-10, 12:19 AM
And also, it's easily googlable where I life.

Well, is now :smalltongue:.

Pocketa
2009-11-10, 12:25 AM
Well, is now :smalltongue:.

It was before. My skype is listed, my address is connected to that, as are other usernames, leading to anything on the Internet about me. I'm not secretive seeing as I have nothing to hide. And no credit cards. :smalltongue:

Mr. Mud
2009-11-10, 12:26 AM
It was before. My skype is listed, my address is connected to that, as are other usernames, leading to anything on the Internet about me. I'm not secretive seeing as I have nothing to hide. And no credit cards. :smalltongue:

Nothing to hide then? Let me see what I can dig up. And don't worry, I won't post the results. I'll blog PM them.

Pocketa
2009-11-10, 12:28 AM
Nothing to hide then? Let me see what I can dig up. And don't worry, I won't post the results. I'll blog PM them.

Whatev's, I guess? No offense, it's an idle pursuit with little gain.

Mr. Mud
2009-11-10, 12:30 AM
Whatev's, I guess? No offense, it's an idle pursuit with little gain.

As is everything. Come on, we just went over this :smalltongue:.

Don Julio Anejo
2009-11-10, 12:35 AM
Aren't you afraid one of us might be a creep from SF/Bay Area? :annoyed:

Pocketa
2009-11-10, 12:36 AM
As is everything. Come on, we just went over this :smalltongue:.

It wasn't much.

Silverraptor
2009-11-12, 10:29 AM
Another type of passanger today.

A women was reading a love novel. She was crying loadly and had a tissue in her hand to wipe her eyes. Why on earth would she be reading a sad depressing love novel at 6' o clock in the morning?!:smallconfused:

Zordrath
2009-11-12, 08:37 PM
I recently came across a group of 14 year-olds on the bus. Everything they would talk about was how thoroughly they had beaten some classmate of theirs up a few days ago, describing in detail how they 'totally owned that fatass, yo' and how funny the entire experience was, especially when 'that idiot bawled like a toddler, dude'... disgusting.

Another passenger type that annoys the hell out of me are people who think they are entitled to my seat. Yes, I know it's polite to give your seat to elderly women, and I usually do, but I absolutely hate it when someone comes at me and starts ranting at me what a horrible person I am for not immediately giving up my seat as soon as I spot anyone female or anyone over forty (Nothing like someone insulting you for not being polite :smalltongue: ). Especially when I had a surgical operation on my knees recently and damn well have my reasons not to eagerly jump off my seat :smallannoyed:

Hell Puppi
2009-11-12, 11:43 PM
1- Creepy guy who will not stop talking to me. I wish I could be mean enough to people to make them get a clue, sometimes.

2- Guy with a hammer sitting at the bus stop. What the heck, man? :smalleek:

zeratul
2009-11-12, 11:48 PM

Perhapse it was captain hammer's mild mannered alter ego? :smallamused:

Cobra_Ikari
2009-11-12, 11:49 PM
1- Creepy guy who will not stop talking to me. I wish I could be mean enough to people to make them get a clue, sometimes.

*huggles, does not stop talking to* :smallwink:

I had 2 as a teacher. Or, a scary, evil guy who collected hammers on his windowsill, at least. But he got fired for leaving a kid passed out on the track.

Hell Puppi
2009-11-12, 11:58 PM
*huggles, does not stop talking to* :smallwink:

I had 2 as a teacher. Or, a scary, evil guy who collected hammers on his windowsill, at least. But he got fired for leaving a kid passed out on the track.

Hehe I really don't mind having a conversation with most people and I realize many people don't even know that they're being creepy, but really if you've only known someone for a 5 minute bus-ride you should not be complimenting on very specific parts of their anatomy, or telling them how you wish you could blood splatter your Converse so they could match Kurt Cobain's. :smalltongue:

Guy with a hammer probably wouldn't have made the list if he hadn't also been shirtless and mumbling at the time. The best part was another random stranger decided to place himself between me and Mr. Hammer until the bus came. It was kind of adorable.

Cobra_Ikari
2009-11-13, 12:02 AM
Hehe I really don't mind having a conversation with most people and I realize many people don't even know that they're being creepy, but really if you've only known someone for a 5 minute bus-ride you should not be complimenting on very specific parts of their anatomy, or telling them how you wish you could blood splatter your Converse so they could match Kurt Cobain's. :smalltongue:

Guy with a hammer probably wouldn't have made the list if he hadn't also been shirtless and mumbling at the time. The best part was another random stranger decided to place himself between me and Mr. Hammer until the bus came. It was kind of adorable.

Oh, Puppi, I find your pinky finger quite adorable. =P

Aww. How sweet. =3

Kneenibble
2009-11-13, 12:03 AM
I usually shrink and shiver in disdain whereever thuggy machismo gangsta ape types with jeans that start at their knees and tilted baseball hats and the propensity to take a look in the eyes as an insult to their mother/penis exist...

Except this one time, there was a violent retard who'd clearly skipped his meds shouting the f-bomb at the top of his lungs, even at the mother with her 6-year old daughter who ran past him in fear to get off, and punching the wall over and over. Nobody was doing anything, not even the bus driver, certainly not this scrawny ineffectual queer. ...that is, until said beta-males got up, put him in a headlock, and quite literally threw his scummy ass into the street.

I shrink and shiver less since that night. But I still hate their crappy music they play too loud on their mp3 players. I also avoid the bus like a creepy ex. The circus lasts longer and is probably cheaper and safer.

Lioness
2009-11-13, 06:41 AM
I really really really dislike most high school students on buses. I am one, but the vast majority are rude, obnoxious, loud, and, when you ask them to move down the bus, look at you like you just asked them to jump out of the window.

'Oh, but my friends are here'

Great. I get that. I like to stand/sit with my friends too. But the least you could do is take your bag off and squish against the side so the rest of the bus can keep moving.

I can't wait until I'm out of high school and therefore can legitimately whine about them without people automatically assuming I'm as bad as them.

Mary Leathert
2009-11-13, 12:36 PM
The Loud Drunk Mostly because the whole buss can hear them, they speak constantly and most annoyingly, they don't make any sense.

The Crying Kid Oh god take the noise away, please. This is annoying everywhere, but in bus I caanot escape it.

SurlySeraph
2009-11-14, 01:52 PM

Hm. My school experience was rather different, in that after I started getting twitchy and aggressive people stopped messing with me. After I tackled an beat on one kid who'd insulted me more than enough times, I barely got insulted again for the next five years.

Another type of passanger today.

A women was reading a love novel. She was crying loadly and had a tissue in her hand to wipe her eyes. Why on earth would she be reading a sad depressing love novel at 6' o clock in the morning?!:smallconfused:

Just broke up with someone, maybe?

Silverraptor
2009-11-17, 08:49 PM
Just broke up with someone, maybe?

No... It was definately because she was reading the story because she was smiling... and crying at the same time.:smallsigh:

New passager: The angry homeless guy who sneaks on and gets mad at anyone for no reason. He yells at the top of his voice at anyone, cussing at them right in there face (Right in ther face. Inches.), even if they're scared 6-year-old children. After 4 stops with this guys, all the kids were crying and everyone was wishing they had daggers in there hands so they can stop this guy the way we'd have preferred.:smallmad: