PDA

View Full Version : For a brief moment, I dominated a piece of the internet

Stormthorn
2009-10-21, 12:16 AM
I was on a site with one of those tiny chatroom boxes in the corner. It was cooking at a good pace. A post evey second on averge. Sometimes i only have time to read one out of every five or six posts.

I made a post. I told of something i did and claimed that it gave me epic win. Then i asked if anyone dared to dispute my win.

Ten seconds of silence.
A single post. It was not in dispute.
Thirty seconds of silence.

I post that the tlaking could resume.
Five seconds later someone types in "Twilight is gay!" and the conversation rolls on its way.

I was able to gind a bunch of anonymous people posting about how twilight is gay and how they want titty ****ing to a dead halt and not one spoke out against me despite my bait.

Im interesting in hearing your cases of winning the internet.

Icewalker
2009-10-21, 12:46 AM
...What did you say?

Starscream
2009-10-21, 01:27 AM
...No soap, radio. Meaning I don't get it either

Stormthorn
2009-10-21, 07:45 PM
...What did you say?

Well...it was a pretty debauched chatbox so i said something about how i got someone to fantasize about something they had never even considered in a sexual light before. I fetishized someone.

Icewalker
2009-10-21, 08:04 PM
Well played, good sir.

Trog
2009-10-21, 08:46 PM
Im interesting in hearing your cases of winning the internet.
I recently got a post published on this site (http://minimalmac.com/post/217203483/back-in-black). And it was "liked" by one of my favorite bloggers, Leo Babauta, originally from this site (http://zenhabits.net/). :smallcool:

ghost_warlock
2009-10-22, 12:28 AM
I don't really frequent chatrooms much; most of the chatting of that sort I've done has been "Trade" on WoW & zone chat on Champions Online. I've managed to drag conversation to a halt a fair number of times on WoW...though anything apart from the usual random banter and complaining about how Trade isn't General chat will do that. Only managed to silence Zone chat on Champions once so far...but I've only been playing for a bit over a month and don't usually pay much attention to chat there yet.

Most of my moments of domination are IRL instead of online. The looks on people's faces are priceless when I derail their train of thought and send it crashing into an orphanage. :smallbiggrin:

Rutskarn
2009-10-22, 12:35 AM
My escapades as Rutskarn, traveling mechanical squirrel salesman, were pretty legendary on the Cairne server. People who had never seen my ads/routine were sending me mail asking to buy squirrels.

Oh, and there was that time where I got featured on Twenty Sided, that site that has DM of the Rings and all that other crazy awesome stuff.

Okay, actually, those two times.

ArlEammon
2009-10-22, 01:08 AM
I met the Giant in real life (over the internet)

SurlySeraph
2009-10-22, 01:13 AM
My escapades as Rutskarn, traveling mechanical squirrel salesman, were pretty legendary on the Cairne server. People who had never seen my ads/routine were sending me mail asking to buy squirrels.

...how much do they cost? :smalltongue:

Destro_Yersul
2009-10-22, 04:15 AM
I got mentioned in one of Mark Gottlieb's articles for the WotC site.

Rutskarn
2009-10-22, 09:37 AM
...how much do they cost? :smalltongue:

1 gold apiece, which was four times the Auction House asking rate.

But they were made with care, in good old-fashioned AMERICAN FACTORIES. None of these damn farmed out macro sweatshops. You're supporting the honest small businessman. You are doing your patriotic duty.

Did I mention my squirrels are programmed only to love? I string them right out on that assembly line, and I give them all a great big hug when the metal's hot. Those who love insufficiently back are melted down as an example to the others.

Plus, they come with instructions.

1.) Do not light the squirrel on fire.

2.) Do not strap high explosives to the squirrel.

3.) Do not place the squirrel in your mouth.

4.) Do not light the squirrel on fire and then place it in your mouth.

5.) Do not gun down the squirrel's parents in a dark alley right before his eyes, triggering his transformation into the grim vigilante Squirrelman.

6.) Do not feed the squirrel after midnight.

7.) Do not feed the squirrel.

8.) Do not play cards with the squirrel. It cheats.

9.) Do not smuggle narcotics in the squirrel without giving us a cut of the action, or Guido here'll make ya need mechanical knees, capice?

Silence
2009-10-22, 01:25 PM
I made a thread that survived for 22 hours on /b/ the other day. Not board appropriate stuff, though.

RandomNPC
2009-10-22, 01:44 PM
I put a post of what i planned in my game on these very boards, except in the game/D20 section. For my plan i was told that my DM-fu was strong, and that a statue should be built in my likeness.

it made me happy to get all of your approval.

Klose_the_Sith
2009-10-22, 04:21 PM
Well...it was a pretty debauched chatbox so i said something about how i got someone to fantasize about something they had never even considered in a sexual light before. I fetishized someone.

Hehehehe, I did that to my girlfriend :smallbiggrin:

Stormthorn
2009-10-23, 01:25 AM
Hehehehe, I did that to my girlfriend :smallbiggrin:

See, you have an edge with her being your girlfriend. I did this with a girl i just ate lunch with.

Alarra
2009-10-23, 02:03 AM
Every forum of which I've been a member for more than a couple months (well, except something awful), I've been asked to become a moderator of. This makes... 5.

And in the same vein as RandomNPC... I entered a prestige class contest shortly after I joined here. There were a lot of really good entries. I....somehow... won 'most likely to be used in an actual campaign' and...i think 'best flavor text'. At this point, I had not played D&D in 11 years, and at the time that I had quit, Prestige Classes didn't exist, I don't think. I was incredibly proud of that.

Quincunx
2009-10-23, 03:39 AM
The squirrel spiel puts the E-Z Thro Dynamite advertising jingles to shame. Those songs never stopped anyone.

I was once in a family-type guild of chivalry and honor--stuffed shirts, thees and thous, officiousness, you know the type. One day, in the midst of our light PG-rated chatter, came one of the oldest and most politically reliable members expressing his liking for an allied guild's leader. The word "nymph" I am sure I remember, along with some words I can't repeat here, and suggestions along the lines of 'bend her over the table'. Ever seen a chat screen fill with nothing but shocked ellipses, out of the keyboards of different people? No *blink*, no cheering, no chiding, just line after line of ". . ."

Cobra_Ikari
2009-10-23, 09:53 AM
The squirrel spiel puts the E-Z Thro Dynamite advertising jingles to shame. Those songs never stopped anyone.

I was once in a family-type guild of chivalry and honor--stuffed shirts, thees and thous, officiousness, you know the type. One day, in the midst of our light PG-rated chatter, came one of the oldest and most politically reliable members expressing his liking for an allied guild's leader. The word "nymph" I am sure I remember, along with some words I can't repeat here, and suggestions along the lines of 'bend her over the table'. Ever seen a chat screen fill with nothing but shocked ellipses, out of the keyboards of different people? No *blink*, no cheering, no chiding, just line after line of ". . ."

. . .

Quin, I can't believe you told people about that! D= =P *snuggles*

Klose_the_Sith
2009-10-23, 05:52 PM
See, you have an edge with her being your girlfriend. I did this with a girl i just ate lunch with.

Yeah but she was goody-two-shoes when I started with her and I bet I got her a lot further then you did :smalltongue:

So really I don't see the difference :smallbiggrin: