PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Crossclass skills.

Shadowfred
2009-10-21, 03:51 AM
Greetings.

In the campaign I'm in at the moment I'm playing a level 2 Aventi Scout. Since we are cruising around in a ship, I have ranks in Profession(Sailor). Unfortunately Profession isn’t on the Scout’s skill list. This meant that putting ranks into Profession(Sailor) would leave we with 2.5 ranks. But, I wanted to actually help out on the ship, so there go my skill points.

Now for the actual question.

I will be taking a level of Psion next level, which just so happens to have Profession as a class skill. My only problem is that I don’t know how to handle these ranks. Do I get to put 3.5 ranks into the skill, or more realistically, how many ranks can I put into it?

Now this next part is theoretical as I don’t know what will happen in the game that might influence my character (I wasn’t planning on taking Psion). But assuming I decide to take more levels in Scout afterwards, what will happen to the max amount of skill ranks? Can I not put any more ranks in Profession(Sailor) until it reaches the cross-class maximum again?

Curmudgeon
2009-10-21, 04:14 AM
Once a skill is a class skill for any of your classes, the maximum ranks you're allowed in that skill is always (level + 3). The cost of cross-class skills remains 2 points per rank. A Scout 2/Psion 1 would have a limit of 6 ranks in a class skill like Profession, and you could add 3.5 ranks to reach that maximum. If you took another level of Scout afterward your maximum in Profession would increase by 1 to 7 ranks, and the cost to reach that from 6 would be 2 skill points.

BooNL
2009-10-21, 05:19 AM
Profession not being on the Scout list is just silly. What if he wanted to take profession (hunter) or profession (forest ranger)...

I'd just rule it as a class skill, there's no reason to keep it crossclass.

ericgrau
2009-10-21, 05:22 AM
How about use rope and climb?

Asheram
2009-10-21, 05:27 AM
nvm {Removed}