PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Spriggans (PEACH)

Burley
2009-10-21, 09:06 AM
I read the Spriggan entry in the MM2, and I fell in love. I wanted to be one. So, here it is:

Spriggan

Racial Traits
Average Height: 3’4”-3’8”
Average Weight: 60-85 lb.

Ability Scores: +2 Constitution, +2 Dexterity
Size: Small
Speed: 6
Vision: Low-light

Languages: Elven
Skill Bonuses: +2 Athletics, +2 Stealth
Fey Origin: Your ancestors were native to the Feywild, so you are considered a fey creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin.
Stretchy Body: Once per encounter, as a minor action, you can gain a +1 to AC and Reflex until the beginning of your next turn, in exchange for a -1 to Fortitude.
Twisted Mind: You have a +2 racial bonus to will against powers with the Illusion keyword and to saving throws against illusions.
Redcap Zeal: You have the Redcap Zeal power.

Redcap Zeal Spriggan Racial Power
Your thirst for plunder empowers you.
Encounter
Free Action Personal
Trigger: When you bloody an enemy of reduce an enemy to 0 hit points or fewer
Effect: You gain 1d6+ your Constitution modifier in temporary hit points.

I used the gnome as a comparisson. I think I may have made it a bit too strong. You tell me.

I'm working on feats and a paragon path. I'll post those when I finish. :smallwink:

Vadin
2009-10-21, 12:06 PM
Stretchy Body is the only part I'm not sure about. Given how violent they are and how they're fixated on killing things and drenching themselves in the blood of their foes, maybe Stretchy Body could be replaced with something that lets them use weapons as a Medium sized character.

Likewise, I think Twisted Mind could be changed to +1 Will against Illusion, +1 on saves vs. Illusion, and +1 on attacks with the Illusion keyword.

Burley
2009-10-21, 01:33 PM
Stretchy Body is the only part I'm not sure about. Given how violent they are and how they're fixated on killing things and drenching themselves in the blood of their foes, maybe Stretchy Body could be replaced with something that lets them use weapons as a Medium sized character.

Likewise, I think Twisted Mind could be changed to +1 Will against Illusion, +1 on saves vs. Illusion, and +1 on attacks with the Illusion keyword.

I don't want to give them bonuses to attack with Illusion. The only illusion spells I know of are wizard spells, and the only even halfway decent builds for illusion are Int and Cha.
Also, I wanted to have them be sorta like an anti-gnome.

Stretchy Body, I hear ya'. I can lose that without issue, I guess.

I finished my feats:

Racial Feats:

Heroic Tier
Spriggan Over-zealotry:
When you use your Redcap Zeal racial power, you also add half your level to the temporary hit points gained.

Spriggan Dukes:
You are adept with using your hands as weapons. You treat your each of your hands as a mace of your size (small), and you are always considered proficient with these weapons. You can equip a pair of gloves enchanted as a weapon or a hand slot item. Doing so fills your weapon and hand item slots.

Paragon Tier
Stretchy Limbs:
Prerequisite: Character Level 11.
Once per encounter, when you make a melee attack that targets one creature, extend your reach for that attack by 1 square. Also, until the end of your next turn, increase your speed by 1.

Quick Attack:
Prerequisite: CharacterLevel 11, Spriggan Dukes, Dex 15
When you score a critical hit on a roll of natural 20 while wielding only your bare hands, you can immediately make a melee basic attack with your off-hand.

Epic Tier
Spriggan Fisticuffs:
Prerequisite: Character Level 21, Spriggan Dukes, Quick Attack, Dex 17
You can score critical hits with your hands on a roll of 19-20.

Spoilered for length.

Vadin
2009-10-21, 02:26 PM
I don't want to give them bonuses to attack with Illusion. The only illusion spells I know of are wizard spells, and the only even halfway decent builds for illusion are Int and Cha.
Also, I wanted to have them be sorta like an anti-gnome.

Valid point. I still think they should be able to use weapons like a medium-sized character, though. They're all about gettin' in there and kickin' arse and takin' names and covering themselves in fresh blood! It is thematically appropriate and would make them a small race that isn't seriously disadvantaged on the damage dealing side of close combat.

Burley
2009-10-28, 02:19 PM
Took a while, but I've finally made the Racial Paragon Path.

I give you, the Fey Smasherizationator.

Fey Smasherizationator

Get Learned about Stuff (11th level): You gain training in a skill from the rogue or barbarian class skills list.

Smash with Other Hand (11th level): When you spend an action point to make an attack, you can make two attack rolls for that attack and use either result.

Empowering Savagery (16th level): When you use Redcap Zeal, you and all allies within 10 squares that can see you gain the benefit of your Redcap Zeal.

Fey Smasherizationator Powers

Brutal Smackdown Fey Smasherizationator Attack 11
Hit your foe. Hard.
Encounter * Weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Dexterity or Constitution vs. AC
Hit: 2[W] + Dexterity or Constitution modifier damage, and you knock the target prone. If you are adjacent to the target, and it stands or tries to attack before the end of your next turn, make a melee basic attack vs. reflex.
Special: When you gain this power, choose either Dexterity or Constitution as the ability you use when making attack rolls and damage rolls with this power.

Brutal Assistance Fey Smasherizationator Utility 12
Encounter
Immediate Reaction Melee
Trigger: An ally within your reach fails a check with a skill in which you are trained
Target: The triggering ally
Effect: The target can reroll the skill check with a bonus equal to your ability modifier associated with that check. The target also takes damage equal to that amount. This damage can not be decreased by any means.

Spinning Smasherization Fey Smasherizationator Attack 20
Daily * Weapon
Standard Close Burst 3
Target: All creatures
Attack: Dexterity or Constitution vs. Fortitude
Hit: 3[W] damage.
Effect: The target is pushed a number of squares equal to your Dexterity or Constitution modifier. If the target ends this forced movement adjacent to one of your allies, your ally can make a melee basic attack against the enemy.