PDA

View Full Version : Blaine and Ted's excellent adventure

Robek
2009-10-21, 09:06 PM
Augustine stares into his axe."It's been a while since I've gotten to use you, hasn't it." He looks back at his comrade behind him. "Here we are. The tomb of the Illithich." Memories flood your head of an alcohol fueled discussion with a bar patron. His tale was beyond the belief of most, but you knew it was real. And before you knew it, here you are. "I hear this place is flooded with treasure. Let's just hope we don't drown in it."

Rain begins to fall, although no clouds are in sight. A single blade of lightning strikes down and destroys the tomb's door. "Was that a blessing, or an omen?"

Blaine.Bush
2009-10-21, 09:29 PM
Otto, Halfling Druid

Behind you, a halfling sits astride his riding dog. His hair is brown, as is his skin. His eyes are dark, olive green. He carries a quarterstaff in one hand, and at his belt a sling is attached.

He acknowledges his comrade with a smile and a laugh. "Both, perhaps? Nature favors us at this moment, though we should keep in mind that it may change its mind at any moment." He nudges his dog with his knees, turning it towards the tomb. "Let us continue!"

Robek
2009-10-21, 09:40 PM
Augustine walks up to the entrance of the tomb. "Seems empty..." Slowly, he walks into the tomb.
The room is dark and damp. Bats hang from the ceiling, their red beady eyes opening as you enter. There is a single door at the opposite end of the room. On either side of the room are sacrificial altars, with engravings that look like brains. There are blood stains on the top of both, but they have long been dry. "I know enough about religion to know that the tale was true... there are illithids here."
Augustine begins to walk up to the door, but hesitates. "You might need a torch. Here, come listen at the door, see if you can hear anything on the other side. Better safe than sorry when it comes to our brains being eaten."

Blaine.Bush
2009-10-21, 09:43 PM
Otto, Halfling Druid

The halfling, still atop his dog, strides forward. He leaps off, landing deftly on his feet. Leaning his ear toward the door, he checks for dangers on the other side. "Hmmm..."

[roll0]

Robek
2009-10-21, 09:51 PM
You here nothing on the other side of the door.

"Well then, let's hope there isn't anything on the other side." Augustine says shortly before turning the knob of the door, and pushing it open. "Damn, look there! Kobolds!"

The next room is brightly illuminated, yet empty. A distance of perhaps 30 feet separates you from the two kobolds. One of the kobolds is carrying a short spear, while the other has a bow, with an arrow in it. Arena-style seating circles the border of the room. You can see no doors from where you are standing.

A kobold yells out "Ravasha, eek... ney ramansho."

Initiative:Kobold:Spear[roll0]Kobold:Bow[roll1]Augustine:[roll2]

Blaine.Bush
2009-10-21, 09:55 PM
Otto, Halfling Druid

With a curse, Otto grabs the sling from his waist and a rock from his pouch. He loads the weapon, ready to fire it at a moment's notice. His dogs growls ferociously.

[roll0]

Robek
2009-10-21, 09:58 PM
Encounter 1:

{table=head]|Init|Name|Health
|14|Augustine|1/9
|12|Otto|8/8
|11|Spearbold|Dead
|4|Bowbold|Dead[/table]

Augustine is 5 feet away from the bowbold. Otto is 30 feet away from his dog, and 35 from the kobold with a bow.

Robek
2009-10-21, 10:00 PM
Augustine charges furiously at the kobold with the bow. He screams like a berseker as he swings his axe. But, alas, the blow is dodged by the agile kobold.

[roll0][roll1]

Blaine.Bush
2009-10-21, 10:06 PM
Otto, Halfling Druid

The halfling urges his dog forward toward the kobolds, guiding it with his knees as he retrieves and loads his sling. Otto signals his dog to attack the bow wielding kobold, and as it does, it attempts to trip the reptilian creature with a blow to the knees.

Move action to draw weapon.
Move action to load sling.
Free action to guide with knees. (DC 5 Ride)
Free action to fight with mount. (DC 10 Ride)

[roll0]
[roll1] woops :-p
[roll2]

Robek
2009-10-21, 10:12 PM
The cunning kobold dexterously dodges the incoming impugn. The kobold carrying the spear walks up to Augustine and stabs at him with his spear.[roll0][roll1] The bow wielding kobold takes a 5-foot step backwards, and launches an arrow at Otto. [roll2][roll3]

Robek
2009-10-21, 10:18 PM
Augustine is clearly hurt from the blow. "These are the most powerful kobolds I've ever seen." he says while swaying slightly.

Robek
2009-10-21, 10:22 PM
He takes a swing at the kobold with a spear while writhing in agony and the kobold drops to the floor, dead.[roll0][roll1]

Blaine.Bush
2009-10-21, 10:28 PM
Otto, Halfling Druid

The dog-rider guides his mount forward, and as he does so gives a quick whistle. The beast lunges forward and snaps at the draconic creature. "Thatta boy!" Otto yells, stowing his sling and grabbing the quarterstaff at his back.

Blaine.Bush
2009-10-21, 10:29 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Robek
2009-10-21, 10:32 PM
The kobold grabs it's heart, and drops to the floor rather dramatically. With it's last breath, it yells out something in draconic.

"That was a hell of a battle, eh?"

Blaine.Bush
2009-10-21, 10:36 PM
Otto, Halfling Druid

"That it was!" Otto pats the head of his dog, and rewards him with a kind word and a treat from the pouch at his belt. "Where to?" The halfling peers closely at his comrade, noticing the wounds he has received. He hops down from his dog, and with a couple of healing words attempts to restore Augustine's life energy.

Cure minor wounds x2
2hp

Robek
2009-10-21, 10:46 PM
Augustine coughs out a little blood. "Well, we can stop for the night, or we can search for a hidden door or secret passage. There must be one."

Search:[roll0]

"And here it is!" he says, kicking away dirt to reveal a trapdoor.

Blaine.Bush
2009-10-21, 10:52 PM
Otto, Halfling Druid

The dog-rider jumps onto his mount, and says to the dwarf, "Don't go down there yet. I think I should do a little scouting." Otto leans over and slowly opens the trapdoor, before grasping the wrist of his left hand with his right. The left slowly wavers and mutates, eventually transforming into a large spider. It skitters down his arm and leg, before leaping to the edge of the trapdoor and peering in.

Robek
2009-10-21, 10:55 PM
Other than the top of a ladder, you can see only darkness coming from the hole. It looks like a long way down.

Blaine.Bush
2009-10-21, 10:58 PM
Otto, Halfling Druid

The halfling silently commands his arachnid extension to continue another twenty feet down the ladder. Otto continues to see through both his and the spider's eyes.

Robek
2009-10-21, 11:02 PM
Your spider runs away.

The spider continues into the darkness, and sees darkness.

Blaine.Bush
2009-10-21, 11:05 PM
Otto, Halfling Druid

The halfling recalls the spider to his arm, transforming it back into the shape of a hand. He flexes his fingers, before turning toward Augustine. "There's naught down there for at least eighty feet. I'd rather look for another entrance." Otto gently pats his dog's head. "'sides, Beau here wouldn't be able to get down there."

Robek
2009-10-21, 11:07 PM
"Well then, I'll just go check it out myself, while you looks for another entrance." says Augustine, with a bravado tone.

Blaine.Bush
2009-10-22, 07:25 PM
Otto, Halfling Druid

"Very well" the halfling says from atop his dog. Beau begins to pace around the room, and as he does, Otto looks around, searching for more passageways and trap doors.

Take 20 on search and spot.

Robek
2009-10-22, 07:33 PM
You find a doorway hidden along one of the walls.

Augustine climbs out of the hole. "It's a toilet down there... that wasn't my best idea. You find anything?"

Blaine.Bush
2009-10-22, 07:36 PM
Otto, Halfling Druid

"Yes, I did." Otto retrieves the quarterstaff from his back. "There's a doorway over here. Come take a look."

Robek
2009-10-22, 07:39 PM
Augustine closes one eye, and with the other, stares at the door intently. "Yep, that's a door alright." he says with a laugh. With one hand on the knob he whispers "Shall we?"

Blaine.Bush
2009-10-22, 07:47 PM
Otto, Halfling Druid

"After you, my friend." The dog-rider sits atop his mount, holding his staff in one hand. He fidgets slightly.

Robek
2009-10-22, 07:56 PM
Augustine pulls the door open, which reveals a short hallway with a door at the end. On either side in the middle of the hall are dimly lit lamps. You can hear a quiet moaning coming from behind the other door.

"Aha! I know that sound anywhere, it's my time to shine!"

He walks to the end of the hall and says "Ready?"

Blaine.Bush
2009-10-22, 08:05 PM
Otto, Halfling Druid

The halfling looks uncomfortable as his dog shifts slightly on its paws. "Ready for what?"

Robek
2009-10-22, 08:10 PM
"Zombies!" he says dramatically as he swings open the door.

Seeing past Augustine, you can see a group of two human zombies crouched over a dead kobold. Their hands are blood stains and their mouths are full of the kobolds flesh.

The room the zombies occupy is empty except for the zombies and the kobold's corpse. You can see a stairwell leading down built into the far wall.

Robek
2009-10-22, 08:12 PM
Encounter 2:

|7|Human Zombie #1|Dead
|6|Augustine|3/9
>|5|Otto|4/8
|1|Human Zombie #2|Dead[/table]

Initiative:[roll0][roll1][roll2]

Blaine.Bush
2009-10-22, 08:16 PM
Otto, Halfling Druid

One hand on his quarterstaff and the other at his side, Otto attempts to calm his dog in the face of the horrible undead creatures.

[roll0]

Robek
2009-10-22, 08:21 PM
Augustine holds his axe in front of him and says a chant in a language even he doesn't understand.

[roll0][roll1]

The undead are unaffected by the rebuking.

Blaine.Bush
2009-10-22, 08:26 PM
Otto, Halfling Druid

With a quick word and a snap of his fingers, the halfling conjures a ball of orange flame in his hand. It flickers and twists as he attempts to keep it steady in his palm.

Produce Flame, PHB 265

Robek
2009-10-22, 08:29 PM
Zombie #1 shambles up to directly in front of where Augustine is standing. Augustine raises his shield in front of him and slices at the corpse with his axe.

[roll0][roll1]

Augustine's attack misses the zombie by an inch.

Blaine.Bush
2009-10-22, 08:35 PM
Otto, Halfling Druid

Otto commands his dog to stay where it is, keeping steady. He launches the ball of fire in his hand at the nearest zombie. The blaze flies through the air, heat trailing as it heads toward the undead creature.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Robek
2009-10-22, 08:41 PM
The fireball strikes true, hitting the zombie right in the chest. Zombie #2 cowers in fear at the sight of it. He backs 30 feet away. (+2 to attacks against it) Zombie #1 also is cowered by the attack, and tries to move away 30 feet. Augustine takes advantage of his opponents careless flight by slicing at him with his axe, and the attack slices the ghoul in half.

[roll0][roll1]

Augustine then begins chanting in tongues.

Blaine.Bush
2009-10-22, 08:46 PM
Otto, Halfling Druid

"Hah!" Otto yells, urging his dog forward and rushing toward the second zombie. With a mighty swing of his quarterstaff, the halfling attempts to finish the fight.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Robek
2009-10-22, 08:50 PM
The zombie strikes back at Otto with the brick in it's hand. The attack hits him on the shoulder.
[roll0][roll1]

Augustine finishes his chant, and out of the ground climbs a skeletal crocodile. He orders the crocodile to charge at the zombie, and when it reaches the ghoul, it slaps it with it's tail.

[roll2][roll3]

The crocodile's attack swipes of the zombie's head, killing it instantly.

Blaine.Bush
2009-10-22, 08:57 PM
Otto, Halfling Druid

With a yelp, the halfling turns his dog and begins to back away. He sighs, leaps off Beau, and sits down. "I think it's time we find someplace to rest."

Robek
2009-10-22, 08:59 PM
Augustine pulls out another torch and lights it. He sets the three corpses on fire, and waves away his skeletal crocodile, which falls into a pile of bones and disintegrates. "Here looks like as good a place as any." he says, staring into the flickering flames.

Blaine.Bush
2009-10-22, 09:05 PM
Otto, Halfling Druid

The dog-rider covers his nose. "Ugh! How can you stand that smell? Disgusting!" He turns his face away from the burning corpses.

Robek
2009-10-22, 09:06 PM
Would you rather we have to fight them again? It's unlikely, but better safe than sorry. he says while rolling out his bed.

Blaine.Bush
2009-10-22, 09:10 PM
Otto, Halfling Druid

Grabbing the torch from his companion, Otto says, "I'll take first watch, I suppose." He sits beside his dog.

Robek
2009-10-22, 09:11 PM
"Sounds good to me." he says, before quickly falling to sleep. And you switch and nothing happens.

Blaine.Bush
2009-10-22, 09:30 PM
Otto, Halfling Druid

Otto wakes with a yawn and a stretch, gently nudging his dog as he does so. He sits up, crossing his legs and drearily blinking his eyes. He begins to meditate for a few minutes, focusing his mind on the power of nature as he gathers the energy for his daily spells.

Spells prepared: Cure minor wounds x3, Lesser vigor x2, Shillelagh x1

Robek
2009-10-22, 09:33 PM
Augustine wakes up with a great yawn. He sits down and focuses on the day to come.

Summon Undead I x3, Cure minor wounds x4

Blaine.Bush
2009-10-22, 09:53 PM
Otto, Halfling Druid

He stands up. "Well, where to now?"

Robek
2009-10-22, 09:56 PM
"The stairwell, mayhaps?" says Augustine, as he picks himself up. He heads towards it, and down.

Blaine.Bush
2009-10-22, 10:13 PM
Otto, Halfling Druid

The halfling follows close behind, atop his dog. As they travel, he mutters a few healing words and waves his hand.

Cure minor wounds x3 on self, back to full hp (8).

Robek
2009-10-22, 10:18 PM
"Good idea." Augustine says as you walk down the stairs. He casts cure minor wounds 4! times on himself.

At the bottom of the stairway is a large stone wall, upon which is written "I Require Blood", in blood, of course. You hear a slight ruffling sound once of the other side of the wall, but apart from that, there is only dead silence. The wall seems to be an ordinary wall, and you can find no visible door or other entrances. If you look behind you, you can see an skeleton, that doesn't seem to fit any of the civilized, nor the common monsterous races. It has a small knife in it's hand.

"Well then... what do you make of this?" staring at the wall quizzically.

Blaine.Bush
2009-10-23, 06:23 PM
Otto, Halfling Druid

"Seems a bit obvious to me..." The halfling moves forward and grabs the knife from the skeleton. "But then again, I'm not the brightest druid around." He heads toward the wall, pricking the tip of his finger with the knife, rubbing his bloodied hand over the words.

Robek
2009-10-23, 06:31 PM
The wall shifts and morphs into two large brass doors. Emblazoned on the front are hundreds of etchings of various scenes. The knockers on the door are giant squid-like faces, with goat horns.

Religion DC 10:Amongst the etchings are several of devils and demons.
Religion DC 15:You recognize Orcus, Beelzebub, and Asmodeus amongst the group.
Religion DC 20:In the far corner of the door you can see a picture of a sacrifice taking place, the sacrificer being an Illithid.

[roll0]

Augustine stares at the wall. "Hmm... devils and demons. I wonder what lies past this door. Is there really an Illithid?"

Blaine.Bush
2009-10-23, 06:34 PM
Otto, Halfling Druid

The halfling stares intently at the door, then at the knife. He tosses it to the side before leaning closer to the entrance, examining it. "What a curious door... Well, I suppose there's only one way to find out."

[roll0]

Robek
2009-10-23, 06:36 PM
Augustine walks up to the door and tries to tug on the knocker, but it won't budge. "Ironsmiths be damned. This door won't open."

Blaine.Bush
2009-10-23, 06:39 PM
Otto, Halfling Druid

Otto glances at the tough dwarf. "Well, if you can't open it, I don't think I'd be able to." The halfling lets out a sigh. "Hmmm..."

Robek
2009-10-23, 06:43 PM
Augustine stares at his ally. "I suppose there's only one alternative..." He picks up the knocker and slams it against the door twice.

The doors slowly open, to reveal a room covered in blood and corpses. In the center of the room is a sacrificial alter, and standing adjacent to it is an Illithid.You can clearly hear distinct boss music being played in the background.

Initiative:[roll0][roll1]

Robek
2009-10-23, 06:46 PM
Encounter 3:
|22|Illithid|Bleeding slightly
|16|Augustine|5/9
|7|Blaine|6/8[/table]

Blaine.Bush
2009-10-23, 06:49 PM
Otto, Halfling Druid

Astride his dog, Otto fidgets nervously with his quarterstaff.

[roll0]

Robek
2009-10-23, 06:55 PM
The illithid sends a magic missile towards Augustine, aimed right at his heart.

d4+1

Augustine moves back ten feet and begins chanting in tongues.

Robek
2009-10-23, 06:56 PM
Magic Missile:[roll0]

Blaine.Bush
2009-10-23, 07:04 PM
Otto, Halfling Druid

The dog-rider speaks a healing word directed at his ally, waving his hand. He then urges his mount toward the illithid. He brandishes his quarterstaff as he commands his dog to attack.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
Cast Lesser Vigor on Augustine.

Robek
2009-10-23, 07:20 PM
The illithid reveals its grime covered claw and slashes at Otto.

d20+4[roll][roll0]

Augustine finishes his chant as a skeletal crocodile climbs out from amongst the corpses. With a quick nod from Augustine, it charges at the Illithid, swiping at it with it's tail.

[roll1][roll][d12+8

Robek
2009-10-23, 07:22 PM
[roll0] @ Otto for 2 damage if hit.

Robek
2009-10-23, 07:24 PM
[roll0] I HATE YOU FORUM ROLLER

Blaine.Bush
2009-10-23, 07:29 PM
Otto, Halfling Druid

With a few quick words, Otto attempts to destroy the illithid. One gives his dog the command to attack it, and the other blesses his quarterstaff. The weapon grows larger, smoother, and heavier as Beau snaps at the legs of the mind flayer.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Cast shillelagh on my quarterstaff.

Robek
2009-10-23, 07:34 PM
You miss too much.

The illithid begins staring into your eyes intently, and you feel your brain getting hotter and hotter.

Will Save please.

Augustine once again begins chanting.

Blaine.Bush
2009-10-23, 07:36 PM
Otto, Halfling Druid

Through the biting pain of a mental attack, Otto attempts to stave back the illithid through sheer force of will.

[roll0]

Robek
2009-10-23, 07:41 PM
You push off the illithid's mental attack. The illithid takes a step back before launching a magic missile, which divides into two, one of which moves to hit Augustine.

[roll0][roll1]

Yet another crocodile rises from the ground, and Augustine once again orders it to charge.

[roll2][roll3]

The tail swipe knocks off one of the illithid's hands, and you can see the pain in it's eyes. A pool of blood is now beginning to collect around it's feet.

Blaine.Bush
2009-10-23, 07:45 PM
Otto, Halfling Druid

turn that got skipped:

bite [roll0] [roll1] trip [roll2]

quarterstaff [roll3] [roll4]

current turn:

bite [roll5] [roll6] trip [roll7]

quarterstaff [roll8] [roll9]

Robek
2009-10-23, 07:53 PM
The illithid is now shreaking in pain. In a last ditch effort, it tries to kick you away.
[roll0][roll1]

Augustine walks up and attempts to kill it with his axe, but misses by a thread.
[roll2][roll3]

Blaine.Bush
2009-10-23, 07:58 PM
Otto, Halfling Druid

The halfling and his dog advance forward, bearing down upon the mind flayer. He commands his animal companion to attack the illithid. Beau snaps viciously at the creature, before Otto brings his weapon to bear over his head, bringing it down upon his foe's.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]

Robek
2009-10-23, 08:00 PM
With Otto's dog's bite, the illithid's head asplode.

"Well... that was one battle, eh?"

Blaine.Bush
2009-10-23, 08:02 PM
Otto, Halfling Druid

"Yes, it was. But... that's it?" The halfling looks around, as if searching for something more.

Robek
2009-10-23, 08:06 PM
Augustine looks at Otto, confused. "That's what? Oh, you mean the gold and jewels. I guess it was a poor Illithid." he says with a hearty laugh. "Oh well, if what doesn't kill us is making us stronger, we're going last longer than the greatest castle in the world."

AKA +1 level

Blaine.Bush
2009-10-23, 08:09 PM
Otto, Halfling Druid

"Eh, I suppose. Let's just get out of here."

Robek
2009-10-23, 08:11 PM
Your turn yo. Gotta level up first though.

Blaine.Bush
2009-10-24, 10:55 PM
You exit the tomb to find that the storm has passed. The surrounding land is covered with tall, golden grasses. Shining in the sky above, the sun beats down harshly. In the distance you spot a road, though you see no one upon it.

Robek
2009-10-24, 11:24 PM
"Where to now?"

Blaine.Bush
2009-10-24, 11:26 PM
Otto, astride his dog, looks at his companion. "I'm not exactly familiar with the area. It seems to me, though, that we've got a few options." With that he begins to look around. "We can go west. Or we could go east. Perhaps north. Maybe even south."

Robek
2009-10-24, 11:31 PM
"We can try and find our way back to the town from whence we came, but I was pretty full of beer that night." says Augustine, while looking around for any signs of life.

Blaine.Bush
2009-10-24, 11:33 PM
"Let's just hit the road and head north. I don't really care where we go." Otto commands his dog forward, toward the road.

Robek
2009-10-24, 11:37 PM
"Lead on then." Augustine says, as he begins to follow Otto.

Blaine.Bush
2009-10-24, 11:40 PM
After following the road for a good hour, you notice a caravan of wagons in the distance. They are of a good quality, and are stopped.

Robek
2009-10-24, 11:42 PM
"Nice caravan." comments Augustine as they walk past.