PDA

View Full Version : Loaded Dice celebrates a small milestone

t_catt11
2009-10-22, 09:13 AM
My D&D webcomic, Loaded Dice (http://www.rdinn.com/comic.php), is celebrating a small milestone - today's update is strip #25. While that of course pales in comparison to many of the long running strips (such as OOTS), it's still nice to say that we've run for twelve and a half weeks and hit every update on time.

I feel like we have shown steady improvement, and fully intend for us to keep that up. Thanks for all the support that we've gotten from the GitP forums!

AstralFire
2009-10-22, 10:02 AM
Congratulations. :)

littlequietguy
2009-10-23, 08:26 PM
This comic is great! I just discovered it but I can tell you'll go far.

t_catt11
2009-10-26, 08:55 AM
Thanks for the kind words. The GITP forums have been really good to us - thank you all for reading!

I liked today's strip especially, and keep your eyes open later this week - we're doing a small something special for Halloween.

Denkyr
2009-10-26, 08:53 PM
Really enjoying this comic so far. Great job!

t_catt11
2009-10-27, 03:32 PM
You folks are too kind.

Okay, I might enjoy the kind words. :P

Psychonaut
2009-10-27, 04:38 PM
Yeah, this is a pretty enjoyable comic so far.

One thing that I noticed, though, is that the formatting can make it a bit confusing at times. In #13 (http://www.rdinn.com/comic.php?comicid=13), for instance, I initially skipped over the DM's text box in the fifth panel, thinking there to be two separate panels there with the text box at the top of the lower one. (One might assume that the fifth panel is the seventh panel instead even if one doesn't make that mistake, due to how the panels line up.) It's also easy to read #9 (http://www.rdinn.com/comic.php?comicid=9)'s panels in the wrong order, either by reading the panels on the left side all together due to how they line up, or by reading the bottom left panel before the bottom right panel since it is natural to assume that the bottom right will be the last panel.

Don't get me wrong; I think it's great that you're experimenting with formatting instead of sticking to one/a few basic layout(s), but it might be useful to have a third party check strips before posting them to be sure that they flow naturally.

t_catt11
2009-10-27, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the tip. In the beginning, we knew nothing about webcomics, except that we thought some on the internet were funny. We made some mistakes!

Since then, we have learned a lot about natural flow and progression. I am plannign to go back and redo the lettering on the earlier strips - both to fix any reading issues, and to make prettier bubbles. The first few strips had some flat, funky ones!

t_catt11
2009-10-29, 11:49 AM
Thought I would point out that our Halloween special is up and live - and is pretty darned awesome, if I do say so myself.

Imposter
2009-10-31, 08:21 AM
Looks nice. I admit I probably won't be reading it regularly (not really my kind of comic) but it looks pretty good from my quick check through archives. Congrats for keeping it up, competency that can keep a schedule is rather rare in this kind of thing.

t_catt11
2009-11-02, 09:33 AM
Imposter, I appreciate you taking the time to make positive comments like that, especially in light of the fact that it is admittedly not your kind of comic.

barteem
2009-11-05, 02:42 PM
Congo Rats on your 25th!
It's good to see you keeping it going!
I appreciate that your style is consistent and clean.
Tim is my favorite for some reason and I can't really tell you why.
Keep it up and I'll keep reading!

t_catt11
2009-11-06, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the kind words, barteem. We keep chugging along - we should break the 100k total page view mark within the next week, so we're pretty excited about that.

Thanks to all of the support this community has given to us!

t_catt11
2009-11-16, 12:15 PM
Yay for us... 100k is in the dust, passing 120k today. We are up to 800+ regular readers.

Yeah, I know, a drop in the bucket compared to the big dogs, but I'm happy with the growth.