PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Please help me with a npc build.

OldTrees
2009-10-22, 05:13 PM
In a campaign I am running I have 6 nations (one per inner plane).
Mortals have no connection to the gods so they create their own.

The positive country has become a dogmatic and self righteous theocracy.

In the current time period Earth, Fire and Positive have merged to form a great LE empire.

I am designing specialty troops for Earth, Fire and Positive that wield that element in some manner.

Earth: Warriors who direct Golems from inside the Golem. Golems improve as they level (4-12)
Fire: Swordsmen with a sword of fire that increases reach as they level (1-12)

So far I do not have any idea to represent an evil use of positive energy.
A build would have to work from levels (~4-12)
The 3 12th level npcs (one of each) would be used as one BBEG fight.

thank you for your help.

Assassin89
2009-10-22, 05:20 PM
I know an evil use for positive energy. It is called healing the enemy to death.

Essentially the enemy is brought to a major positive-dominant plane, and then brought back to a different plane. After 1d20 rounds, the enemy needs to make a DC20 fortitude save or die.

OldTrees
2009-10-22, 05:23 PM
That is a good point however I need a build that works at low level as well.

Foryn Gilnith
2009-10-22, 05:25 PM
But that can be OP. And it subverts the combat system in an unsatisfying way.

I suggest "super-soldiers", and maybe some reflavored debuffs. Positive Energy is the "element" of life, and vitality. Buff up your soldiers to be tough, fast-healing, et cetera. Not particularly evil, but anything war-related is evil enough. More "evil" factor could be added by making the new life and body mass aberrant and freakish in capability.
Positive Energy causes life and growth. Reminds me a lot of cancer. Some curses could be flavored as positive-energy-induced mutations.

Kylarra
2009-10-23, 12:13 AM
Reminds me of this guy (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4075709&postcount=8). Could get a planar shepherd of the positive energy plane naturally who tries to make them explode while others hold them inside the bubble.