PDA

View Full Version : Need help creating Assassin based weaponry for 3.5 Homebrew

General Blaze
2009-10-22, 11:24 PM
Hey everyone, I'm General Blaze, a newcomer for Giant in the Playground. Recently, me and a friend have been working on our own home-brew of D&D. It takes place in the world of Aries, a realm in the beginnings of an Industrial Revolution. So far, we have done well with creating new weapons, classes, and modifying current existing ones to fit our needs. However, I'd like to ask for some creative ideas for weapons for one of the classes, the Assassin. As the name implies, the Assassin excels in stealth and eliminating enemies quietly and quickly. He is a master of Weapons we put the Concealed category. So far, we have created stats for the Dagger Gauntlet, Dagger and Crossbow Gauntlet (or as we call it, the Assassin's Hand), along with the Sniper Rifle (firearms have been invented, and thanks to Gnomish innovations, have advanced to WWIish levels). However, I'd like to create more, but I'm currently busy with the spell/transmutation lists for the Mancer and Alchemist classes. So, is anyone willing to help me?

DracoDei
2009-10-22, 11:43 PM
Garrots and black-jacks have their uses. Garrots were covered in "Song and Silence" for 3.0, I don't know if there was a 3.5 version of them.

boomwolf
2009-10-23, 06:09 AM
Well, I've made some sort of a non-magic assassin, (only 2 Su abilities, no spells, and all else is Ex) and he is very good at moving around and ditching anyone who might chase him in an urban environment.

See Nizari (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127700) for more info. might suit your needs.

(Do note his "assassinate" ability is not limited by range, making him a lethal sniper.)

As for weapons-"Complete Scoundrel" has a lot of hidden weapons (bootblades jump to mind.), hidden poison/potion chambers etc...

arguskos
2009-10-23, 06:26 AM
Garrots and black-jacks have their uses. Garrots were covered in "Song and Silence" for 3.0, I don't know if there was a 3.5 version of them.
Depends on if you call Dragon Compendium official or not. Garrote stats can be found there, in any case.