PDA

View Full Version : Just found out Im going to be a Father!

Guinea Anubis
2009-10-23, 11:53 AM
My wife just told me she is pregnant! She said she is about two to three months along.

I am so happy right now that I am smiling from ear to ear, but I am also a little scared. She has had two miscarriages before around the one month mark so I am scared of lossing this one too.

So any advice you can give me on how to help my wife would be appreciated. We do have a Dr appointment set for Wed. of next week.

smellie_hippie
2009-10-23, 11:54 AM
Congrats!!!

Darius Midnite
2009-10-23, 12:01 PM
Woa, my sincere congratulations! You must of course take all the necessary tests, and above all be supportive. :smallsmile:

Inhuman Bot
2009-10-23, 12:04 PM
I wish you the best of luck, and congratulations. :smallsmile:

Gullara
2009-10-23, 12:08 PM
Congrats and i hope everything goes perfectly

Fostire
2009-10-23, 12:53 PM
Wonderful! Congratulations and good luck :smallsmile:

Lycan 01
2009-10-23, 12:54 PM
Awesome! Congrats, dude! :smallbiggrin:

I hope everything goes perfectly for ya'll, and you enjoy your Fatherhood.

Cobra_Ikari
2009-10-23, 12:55 PM
*huggles*...I hope everything goes well for you two. Congrats! ^_^

Pika...
2009-10-23, 01:07 PM
My wife just told me she is pregnant! She said she is about two to three months along.

I am so happy right now that I am smiling from ear to ear, but I am also a little scared. She has had two miscarriages before around the one month mark so I am scared of lossing this one too.

So any advice you can give me on how to help my wife would be appreciated. We do have a Dr appointment set for Wed. of next week.

Congrats!

Lucky man you be. :smallsmile:

Just one question, did she drink at all in the last two-three months? I hope not.

Guinea Anubis
2009-10-23, 01:10 PM
Just one question, did she drink at all in the last two-three months? I hope not.

As far as I know she has not. She is not a big drinker, when she does drink she never has more the 1.

Pika...
2009-10-23, 01:12 PM
As far as I know she has not. She is not a big drinker, when she does drink she never has more the 1.

Good, good.

Sadly just one can do it, but thankfully you think she hasn't.

Silence
2009-10-23, 01:17 PM
That's great, man! Really happy for you!

BritishBill
2009-10-23, 03:11 PM
Congratulations!!

Mauve Shirt
2009-10-23, 03:16 PM
Congratulations! :D I hope everything goes well!

Dallas-Dakota
2009-10-23, 03:55 PM
Grongratulations!

Make sure you have plenty of chocolate in the house for the wife:smallwink:

SoD
2009-10-23, 04:19 PM
Grongratulations!

Make sure you have plenty of chocolate in the house for the wife:smallwink:

And plenty more for me!

What? If there's chocolate, I'm moving in. It's a fundamental rule around my way.

Oh, and congratulations and whatnot. Being a Dad'll be a lotta hard work, but definatly worth it. Teach your kids DnD! And OOTS, and everything else.

Assassin89
2009-10-23, 04:22 PM
Congratulations on a possible fatherhood. Hope that this becomes a reality, so that several members can see the pictures and/or the news of the birth.

MethosH
2009-10-23, 04:30 PM
Congratulations! I hope everything will turn out ok :smallsmile:

thubby
2009-10-23, 05:39 PM
gratz.

from what I've read, miscarriages most often happen in the first month, so here's hoping *crosses digits*

Slayn82
2009-10-23, 06:09 PM
Congratulations. :smallbiggrin:

May the light always be with you 3.

thubby
2009-10-23, 06:28 PM
Congratulations. :smallbiggrin:

May the light force always be with you 3.

fixed that for ya

Trog
2009-10-23, 07:44 PM
Congratulations! Kids are wonderful. :smallsmile:

jlvm4
2009-10-23, 07:52 PM

My deepest congrats to you both. I wish you all the love and happiness and diapers :smallsmile: in the world.

As for advice:

Ultrasounds are your friend. If you have a nice OB with one on site, seeing is often better in providing hope and comfort. I know it helped to see my baby's heart beat after my miscarraige. (I lost one at about 1-2 months between my 1st and 2nd child). It didn't fix everything, but I felt much better with my 2nd and 3rd just knowing for certain everything was okay, even at the early visits.

It also helps to find a 'mommy or daddy' board because it's nice to know you are not alone. I was on ivillage for the pregnancies and it was a great source of info on all the 'stuff' you face just getting through 9 months.

And try to hope and find the joy while you have it. It's a miracle not to be missed. I had a 'baby journal' book which told me what was happening with my baby every day it was inside me. I had no idea how much was happening in there.

Congrats again! I'm so excited for you.

Jen

Felixaar
2009-10-23, 07:56 PM
Awesome! I'll keep you guys in my thoughts. Make sure to post pictures when they become available :smallbiggrin:

gibbo88
2009-10-23, 07:59 PM
Congratulations!

Anuan
2009-10-23, 09:29 PM
Wow, congratulations and good luck :)

Trai
2009-10-25, 11:12 AM
Big congrats, Anubis! I hope all goes well!

skywalker
2009-10-25, 11:58 AM
Gongratulations!

But what is with all the recent "Fathers to be" in the playground?

Perhaps we should start a thread, like "RW&A" or the Goodbye Thread?

Or maybe it's just "that time of year?"

Syka
2009-10-25, 12:23 PM
Congrats!

The fact that this pregnancy is farther along than the previous ones is definitely a good sign. Good luck. :smallsmile:

pendell
2009-10-26, 06:06 AM
Congratulations!

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Guinea Anubis
2009-10-26, 09:03 AM
So just a little update.

My wife is still doing ok. We say a Dr. and he is going to be sending her/us to someone that deals with high risk pregnancies because of my wife having the other two miscarriages and because of her weight. We should be seeing this DR later this week, I will keep my fingers crossed and let you all know what I find out.

Anuan
2009-10-26, 09:21 AM
Good luck, Anubis, and best wishes to both you and your wife.

Guinea Anubis
2009-11-03, 02:16 PM
A small update.

We saw the Dr and shes only 6 weeks along and still in the danger zone for a miscarage. But everything is going well and the baby should be here around June 29 :smallbiggrin:

Pika...
2009-11-03, 02:27 PM
A small update.

We saw the Dr and shes only 6 weeks along and still in the danger zone for a miscarage. But everything is going well and the baby should be here around June 29 :smallbiggrin:

Is the main issue her weight?!

Or is it a genetic/family pattern?

Guinea Anubis
2009-11-03, 10:03 PM
Is the main issue her weight?!

Or is it a genetic/family pattern?

her weight, she is a heavy girl.

Pika...
2009-11-03, 10:20 PM
her weight, she is a heavy girl.

Are you the one who posted the wedding images a while back?

Anyway, damn. I had no idea weight could cause miscarriages. Especially two/three consecutive ones.

Pika...
2009-11-03, 10:24 PM
Oh, but look at the bright side, she can always lose weight. My great grandmother, grandmother, and mother lost their first ones. I worry about my sister, even though her and my mother shrug the possibility off.

I will have to warn my hopefully one day little girls to be very careful. No exercise will help them.

Blaine.Bush
2009-11-03, 10:29 PM
Good luck! I hope everything goes perfectly. :smallsmile:

ForzaFiori
2009-11-03, 10:32 PM
Congratulations on the news of the pregnancy! I hope everything goes well and will keep you in my thoughts. :)

Guinea Anubis
2009-11-04, 12:34 AM
Are you the one who posted the wedding images a while back?

Anyway, damn. I had no idea weight could cause miscarriages. Especially two/three consecutive ones.

Yes I was.

To tell the truth I did not know too. We also got told that each miscarriage can make it a little more likely that you will have another one.

But again so far so good, and thank you all for the well wishes!

llamamushroom
2009-11-04, 02:48 AM
Congratulations!

Welcome to hell :smallwink:

Pika...
2009-11-04, 02:58 AM
Welcome to hell :smallwink:

Hey, some of us dream of that hell. :smallsmile:

-Retarded Pikachu

Guinea Anubis
2009-12-22, 07:46 AM
Another small update.

My wife is 14 weeks today! We got in to a program at magees women's hospital here in pittsburgh that deals with high risk and larger women :smallsmile: I feel like we are in really good hands.

Pika...
2009-12-22, 06:54 PM
Another small update.

My wife is 14 weeks today! We got in to a program at magees women's hospital here in pittsburgh that deals with high risk and larger women :smallsmile: I feel like we are in really good hands.

Congrats! I feel so happy that the child is still OK.

I just learned yesterday I got the green light to be one myself, so I am glad someone else is feeling as good as I am. :smallbiggrin:

jlvm4
2009-12-23, 12:04 AM
Another small update.

It sounds like you've got everything under control. They are most likely worried about gestational diabetes. Not the end of the world. I had gestational diabetes with 2 of my 3, and I'm a bit heavy, so I know they were concerned about the weight/GD correliation. Just follow what the Dr. says and think 'sticky' thoughts :smallsmile:

I've got my fingers crossed for you guys.

Guinea Anubis
2009-12-23, 11:29 AM
Congrats! I feel so happy that the child is still OK.

I just learned yesterday I got the green light to be one myself, so I am glad someone else is feeling as good as I am. :smallbiggrin:

congrats and welcome to the club!

DarkLightDragon
2009-12-23, 11:32 AM
Big congrats, and I hope things continue to go well for you all. :smallsmile:

X2
2009-12-23, 12:15 PM
Congratulations and good luck!

Pika...
2009-12-23, 05:18 PM
congrats and welcome to the club!

Thank you for the welcome!

Sadly the bun is not in the oven yet, so it might be too early for that.

Ormagoden
2009-12-23, 05:33 PM
WOOOOO GRATS!

Your Fatherhood skill leveled to 001

To level your skill my advice is to start queuing for doctors visits and spec into -Chore whore- or -Power dad-.

If the Doctors dungeon is too hard consider grouping with like minded experienced individuals (your parents or in-laws)

Gear up with appropriate epic level strollers, playpens, and car seats (above item level 240 please!)

Make sure you find a tailor for the 28 slot baby bag.

Once the add spawns make sure to have enough diapers and bottles in your quiver in order to sustain Daily Predictable Sleep

For long periods of sleeplessness I suggest dreamwalkers brew. Find a Pot speced alchemist ASAP.

Trading in your lucky demolisher 2 door for a soccer mom siege engine might also be advisable if you plan on having any more adds.

CHEERS!
Nick

Guinea Anubis
2009-12-23, 11:11 PM
*snip*

That was epic and I could not stop laughing for like 5 min :smallbiggrin:

Guinea Anubis
2010-02-23, 01:02 PM
HUGE UPDATE!!!

We saw the Dr today and there is like an 80% chance we are having a boy!!!!

Pika...
2010-02-23, 01:54 PM
HUGE UPDATE!!!

Dude, when I saw this thread again and saw that the latest poster was you I was hoping good news, yet fearing the worse. I am glad it was the former! :smallbiggrin:

Weimann
2010-02-23, 02:05 PM
Wonderful! Many happy wishes to your and your family!

Asta Kask
2010-02-23, 02:15 PM
Congratulations! Give these to your wife

*cookies*

She's doing the heavy work here...

jlvm4
2010-02-23, 02:52 PM
HUGE UPDATE!!!

YEA!!!!!!

Lots of hugs to you both. Thought about names, yet? :smallwink:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-23, 03:28 PM
Hey, congratulations!

Guinea Anubis
2010-02-23, 03:30 PM
YEA!!!!!!

Lots of hugs to you both. Thought about names, yet? :smallwink:

Yes, we are going to go with David Patrick.

Thanks for all the well wishes they mean a lot :smallbiggrin:

Asta Kask
2010-02-23, 03:37 PM
Yes, we are going to go with David Patrick.

One of my favorite names from history is Philippus Aurelius Theophrastus Bombastus von Hohenheim. A.k.a. Paracelsus. With a name like that, you know he'll get some well-needed experience in fighting off bullies. :smallsmile:

Umael
2010-02-23, 03:59 PM
Every day is another day your baby is getting stronger and the chances of making it improve.

Congratulations.

Zocelot
2010-02-23, 04:04 PM
Congratulations, although I can't offer any advice since I haven't been in your position.

rakkoon
2010-02-25, 06:55 AM
Congrats and quite a trial so far, but a happy ending is near :smallsmile:

Rowsen
2010-02-25, 06:55 PM
Congrats! I hope all goes well for you.

Gem Flower
2010-02-25, 06:57 PM
Congratulations and good luck! :smallbiggrin:

Killer Angel
2010-02-26, 03:03 AM
Congrats!
Soon you'll be welcome in our big parents' club.
Your life will be... more entertaining, I'll promise you. :smallbiggrin:

Asta Kask
2010-02-26, 06:22 AM
Wretches, why sit ye here? Fly, fly to the ends of creation,
Quitting your homes, and the crags which your city crowns with her circlet.
Neither the head, nor the body is firm in its place, nor at bottom
Firm the feet, nor the hands; nor resteth the middle uninjur'd.
All - all ruined and lost. Since fire, and impetuous Ares,
Speeding along in a Syrian chariot, hastes to destroy her.
Not alone shalt thou suffer; full many the towers he will level,
Many the shrines of the gods he will give to a fiery destruction.
Even now they stand with dark sweat horribly dripping,
Trembling and quaking for fear; and lo! from the high roofs trickleth
Black blood, sign prophetic of hard distresses impending.
Get ye away from the temple; and brood on the ills that await ye!

Temotei
2010-02-26, 07:38 AM
Whoo! :smallbiggrin:

Guinea Anubis
2010-04-19, 07:55 PM
Another Small Update.

My Wife has come down with gestational diabetes. She is on meds but not insulin yet, but the Dr says she will be.

The baby is little big, she is 30 weeks and the baby is running about the size of baby that is 32 weeks old.

Innis Cabal
2010-04-19, 08:03 PM
Another Small Update.

My Wife has come down with gestational diabetes. She is on meds but not insulin yet, but the Dr says she will be.

The baby is little big, she is 30 weeks and the baby is running about the size of baby that is 32 weeks old.

Oddly enough, one of my co-workers who is also pregnant might have come down with the same thing. Odd.

onthetown
2010-04-19, 08:08 PM
Oddly enough, one of my co-workers who is also pregnant might have come down with the same thing. Odd.

Gestational diabetes isn't actually as uncommon as you would think. Strange changes in the body cause strange happenings. :smallamused:

Congrats on the baby :smallsmile: And I love the name.

Guinea Anubis
2010-04-19, 08:28 PM

Gestational diabetes is very common. The Dr told me as the plasenta gets bigger it inhibits insulin production so as you get closer to the due date you have more and more trouble with sugar.

dogmac
2010-04-19, 08:30 PM
First huge congratulations!!!

Secondly, she'll probably be exhausted at this stage of her pregnancy, so try to do as much as you can around the place.

Third, try to go to all her medical appointments and read up as much as you can. It will be both supportive and helpful for you both.

And try not to eat squishy cheese and salmon and ham and stuff like that around her. That's just not fair.

Bonecrusher Doc
2010-04-20, 10:04 AM
Congratulations! And the two of you go on some nice dates before the baby comes because once he's here date night gets a lot more complicated.

It's so worth it though :-D