PDA

View Full Version : Spider Relocation Chamber [Magic Item, 3.5ed, PEACH]

DanielLC
2009-10-23, 12:41 PM
Because a vorpal blade won't sever a cephalothorax (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider_anatomy#External_anatomy).

Fear not! For I, the wielder of the spider relocation chamber, shall displace this arachnid menace.

Spider Relocation Chamber
This small, light cloth bag has the phrase "Spider Relocation Chamber" and a picture of a spider on it. If the bag is attempted to be forced over a spider, the spider must make a DC 15 reflex save or be sucked into the bag. The bag can hold a single spider of any size, and even a colossal spider will not increase the weight of the bag. Once in the bag, the spider has a 5% chance of escaping every hour until it's released. If there is no room for the spider, it will be shunted to the nearest open space unharmed.

Moderate conjuration; CL 9th; Craft Wondrous Item, secret chest; Price 5,000GP.

----
This is based on an actual spider relocation chamber I have. It's a ziplock bag that has that written on it in sharpie. I have actually said a variation on that quote on the top. Unfortunately, it doesn't work on giant spiders.

The bag is based on a folder my brother has at his work labelled "Spider Relocation (Pending)".

DracoDei
2009-10-23, 01:07 PM
Does using this inovoledovoking an AoO like a grapple?

Very specific utility, but fun non-the-less... Does it work on Aranae(sp?) and driders?

DanielLC
2009-10-23, 01:34 PM
No, yes, and yes respectively. Of course, whoever is DMing can decide for themselves.

Despite the quote, it doesn't work for all arachnids. Don't try it on a monstrous scorpion.

I'm wondering if it should work for phase spiders.

imp_fireball
2009-10-27, 11:13 PM
If the spider's sucked in then the spider has to make a save to escape initially or not escape at all. That's what I presumed by the text. So no grapples involved. Merely means using the item and the spider is in the bag (which might involve a use magic device check if you wanna involve skills).