PDA

View Full Version : [4e] At-wills as Encounter Powers

Burley
2009-10-23, 02:01 PM
For reference, everything I question is from Dragon #374.

Check out the Academy Master paragon path. The level 11 power Learned Boost says: Use an at-will power and add 2[w] or 2 damage dice.
How does this power work with the White Lotus Feats? If I have White Lotus Riposte, and use Learned Boost, do I get to deal ability damage? I attacked with an At-will, right, so...?

Further, if I have White Lotus Master Riposte, and use Learned Boost, and (for sake of argument) I get to make the At-will attack again, do I get the extra 2 dice?

I love the White Lotus material so much, but I'm jilted by this lack of clarity.

Kurald Galain
2009-10-23, 02:05 PM
Check out the Academy Master paragon path. The level 11 power Learned Boost says: Use an at-will power and add 2[w] or 2 damage dice.
The LB power specifies that you use an at-will power. Therefore it triggers effects that work on at-will powers, such as several White Lotus feats.

Further, if I have White Lotus Master Riposte, and use Learned Boost, and (for sake of argument) I get to make the At-will attack again, do I get the extra 2 dice?
No, you use the normal at-will power. That's because LB only works on the at-will used right then, not on any other at-wills you use later in the turn regardless of where they come from.

tcrudisi
2009-10-23, 02:08 PM
+1 to Kurald's answer. I'm glad I refreshed before I typed that all out myself. :smallamused:

*edit* Also, this would have been a great question to put in the "Ask a simple question for 4e" thread, as that will stick around a lot longer in case people have the same question and try to find the answer.