PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical Superbuild Challenge

Lysander
2009-10-23, 07:58 PM
Here's the challenge. Twenty level gestalt. You are human, have an even 10 in every single stat, and the exact average for health.

Difficulty: You must take exactly 10 levels in four separate base classes. You can take them in any order you choose though.

What do you build?

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-10-23, 08:02 PM
Dragonfire Adept, Warlock, Binder, and Druid

taltamir
2009-10-23, 08:10 PM
Dragonfire Adept, Warlock, Binder, and Druid

all of which cannot cast spells due to having 10 in every stat...

Alavar
2009-10-23, 08:12 PM
I'm pretty sure the first three don't have requisites to use their abilities. And when he takes the druid levels, he can get a +WIS to let him cast his spells, and he'll probably be using it for Wild Shape anyway.

Signmaker
2009-10-23, 08:18 PM
all of which cannot cast spells due to having 10 in every stat...

Oh...dear. You'd only need, what, Wis for Druid, and that's it?

Draz74
2009-10-23, 08:29 PM
Wildshape Ranger 10/Warlock 10//Binder 10/Totemist 10.

Put all ability boosts into CON.

Eldariel
2009-10-23, 08:36 PM
Factotum 10/Swordsage 10//Warblade 10/Crusader 10

Seems good. I find any casting classes really gimped 'cause the good stuff is missed (though level 5 spells are admittedly pretty fcking kickass and prolly better than anything this guy gets; still, I can't help but enjoy getting my 8th level maneuvers in all schools but Iron Heart and all the goodies from there too along with extra standard actions - the build would probably be better if replacing Swordsage with Ardent and using Practiced Manifester though).

arguskos
2009-10-23, 08:48 PM
Hmm. I might hit up this:
Factotum 10/DFA 10//Binder 10/Meldshaping class 10 (think they don't require the stat to work, if so, replace with something else).

Seems like it'd be FUN, not amazingly great, but fun enough.

Glimbur
2009-10-23, 09:32 PM
The only problem meldshapers will have is that pesky rule that almost never comes up that you can't have more than Con Score-10 melds shaped at once. Fix it with a magic item of +Con.

Fishy
2009-10-23, 10:29 PM
Wildshape Ranger/Swordsage//Monk/Ardent, pump Wisdom.

Multiclass martial Adepts get half their initiator level in their other classes, so an Anything 10/Swordsage 10 has IL 15 and 8th level maneuvers.

Ardents learn powers based on their ML, not their class level, so an Anything 10/Ardent 10 with the Practiced Manifester feat knows 7th level powers, assuming you can get +2 to Wisdom from your items somewhere.

Monk 10 is just plain terrible, but it's the only way to get the good melee feats with 10s in every stat. Take the Overwhelming Attack style at level 1 for Power Attack, then immediately abandon your school to get Combat Reflexes and Improved Trip. You get one instance of Evasion from Swordsage, so trade the others for Spell Reflection or Feign Death or Invisible Fist, or whatever you can get away with.

Wildshape Ranger is so you can turn into a bear. Amusingly, this doesn't inhibit your manifesting or maneuvering at all.

Amphetryon
2009-10-23, 10:35 PM
Wildshape Ranger 10/Swordsage 10//Binder 10/Ardent 10.

Get a CON item and pump WIS. Binder and Ardent probably alternate, while I want Ranger to wildshape ASAP, which also allows higher level maneuvers and stances when going into Swordsage.