PDA

View Full Version : The Banolion Chronicles(Order of the Trident Moon)

Pages : [1] 2

Averagedog
2009-10-23, 11:36 PM
7 Figures of various races and trades enter a large circular room from large double oors that are 15 feet tall. They are all wearing robes suitable for a desert climate over their heavily armed selves. Some carry bulging pouches filled with components, others carry little except for their blades. They all enter the room rather silent, a small glowing ring with their guild insignia on them glows green on their ring fingers. They approach an intricate design int he center of the room with complicated runes, diagrams and circles in a particular pattern. Each stand in a pre-described circle, many of the remaining empty. As the group of mercenaries ready themselves for magical transport, two new figures enter the room. One is a rather tall and thing human male wizard with a rather long nose and a pointy hat. He is rather rotund and ugly with many welts and beady eyes. He looks like he hates his job. The other is the guild lord, a Male Catfolk dressed in a disciplined fashion, saber at his side wearing the crest of the guild lord. He wears a monocle over his left eye and a and a glove on his left hand which holds a scroll. He walks over to the closest member of the group and hands them the scroll.

"After you've completed your mission, travel to the city of Nas Bangool and use the scroll whenever you need to in order to return to Banolin. Should you fail in retrieving the Crystal from the ruins and find yourselves in dire straights you can use it to escape though you may end up in any number of places." He says in a stern voice. "Should you all succeed I will pay the amount we agreed upon which is an order of 4,000 gold and the right to compete for mercenary rank 4. Good luck Order of the Trident Moon and may the unforgotten gods be with you all. Oh, one other thing watch out for possible trouble from the Advancing Flame, my spies have told me that they have learned of the same crystal's location." The Guild Lord turns to leave the room. "Malgor, you may teleport them now. Remember, this is off the books. As long as you keep your mouth shut, the flow of beauty potions will not slow untl you are satisfied."

With that the runes beneath the party starts glowing a bright blue and hums softly. Then the stones themselves appear to hum in accordance to the runes in a sort of harmony. The noise gets louder and louder above the sounds of the wizard in the midst of spellcasting until it seems to get unbearable. Suddenly the party finds themselves on an old overgrown cobblestone path. Broken columsn line the sides of this old road with smaplands and overhanging drooping trees beyond. Up one path you can see sand dunes through the trees over a hill in the distance, Down the other path you see a large mound several miles away, the actual size and width is not clear however.

OOC: you guys are now close to the ruins in a swamp which is located in the heart of the great desert. One of you has the scroll of Banolin teleportation from NasBangool and one of you has the map of estimated positions of Nasbangool in relation to the desert and areas around.

Link to the OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7181382#post7181382)
Link to the Recruitment Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129114)

Hyooz
2009-10-23, 11:56 PM
Haru slid the scroll of return simply into the pockets of his robe and looked around slowly. "It is odd to return here..." he mused aloud, adjusting his guild ring. Lifting the glittering black-and-red chain from his hip, he unwound it, whirled the sharpened tip briefly, getting the feel of its weight back, before wrapping it around his bandaged arm, effectively sheathing it under the sleeves of his robes. "Let's find the city. If we are where I think we are, we shouldn't be too terribly far."

BSPiotr
2009-10-24, 12:01 AM
"A swamp in the middle of the desert... Truly this place reminds me more and more of home the longer I am here... Bless those loot orphans (http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d92/ErjadTCS/Touralis%20MTG%20Cards/RandomLootOrphans.jpg)..." Johan remarks once the flash from the teleportation clears from his vision. He finds himself unable to stop himself from getting distracted and thinking about his home.

"Well, I'm surprised at the speed with which we were all thrown together. But no matter, I am Johan Jonas, and I come from... not around here." He remarks to his compatriots.

"I'm sure we'll all get really nice and close to each other... hopefully before I find a way out of this place. Ah well, do to that I need money, and for that I need to finish this quest... to the crystal then?"

A solid iron halo with a plow symbol appears to be always floating above his head...

Glimbur
2009-10-24, 09:53 AM
"Philostogen capacitors are fully charged. Scanning area for threats."

Spot check: [roll0]

"Error. Unable to determine leader of group. Volunteer for the position."

nakuni
2009-10-24, 10:26 AM
Gerbin the gnome wanders about 10 feet and stoops over to collect some sort of sample (its either dirt or some kind of slime, possibly a little bit of both), he mutters to himself "this may be useful." It doesn't seem that he has fully acknowledged the party or the current situation fully yet. A couple moments later he looks up and says "Oh yes, you all were saying something about crystal orphans and philostogen? Sounds like fun, lets get going."

Averagedog
2009-10-24, 12:18 PM
Glimbur
There appears to be no threats in the immediate area, after all, you guys have just landed and have not left the area.

BSPiotr
2009-10-24, 01:13 PM
"Philostogen capacitors are fully charged. Scanning area for threats."

Spot check: [roll0]

"Error. Unable to determine leader of group. Volunteer for the position."

"Ah a warforged. I've had the pleasure of healing many of you. Tell me, will I have more than the usual trouble of sustaining your life?"

"Where is this ruin we're supposed to see..."

((OOC: What time of day is it? Is it dark in the swamp?))

Averagedog
2009-10-24, 01:23 PM
It is Mid-morning. The Sun shines through the trees illuminating the area. You are not in the thickest areas of the swamp.

Glimbur
2009-10-24, 01:53 PM
"You should all be warded against the tumultuous flows of aether that seem to plague this unit."

The warforged detaches its Tower Shield and attempts to touch each party member in turn.

Arcane Spell Failure: under 35 fails.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]

Spellcraft DC 18
The dragonfire adept invocation Endure Exposure, which is Endure Elements + immunity to the user's breath weapon.

"This unit is more difficult to heal with clerical magics than fleshy beings are. As interim group leader, the suggested course of action is to move towards that mound."

Hyooz
2009-10-24, 01:59 PM
Haru pushed ahead, nodding. "The construct is right. That hardly seems natural." He glanced over the mound, trying to find any kinds of obvious deformities or something that would indicate a collapsed entrance. (Survival check: [roll0])

"Thank you for the protection, by the way, construct. I appreciate not being burned by your flames." He called back from ahead of the group, letting his chain uncoil slightly, taking a length in hand, just to be cautious.

Averagedog
2009-10-24, 02:25 PM
forwardHaru peers at the mound from the distance as the party moves forwards but sees no obvious deformities above the tree level, except for the fact that streams of water seems to run down the mound from the top. Haru can also tell that the trees get thicker and taller as the path would continue giving the illusion that the mound is smaller than it actually is.

Thrice Dead Cat
2009-10-24, 02:29 PM
A slight cough comes from the back of the group, as Mal (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=7083) hunches over. "Uh, long range teleports always get to me." Wiping his face, he begins to scan area before pulling his goggles into position. "Well, at least I can do something about the sun. Sorry about not being able to do anything for the rest of you guys, but it looks our Aether Filled Fighting Unit has us covered there."

Spellcraft - [roll0]

EDIT: OOC: Whoops, just realized we are not at the ruins yet. My bad.

Glimbur
2009-10-24, 04:09 PM
"Are there others who wish to be party leader, or shall this unit take the responsibility?"

Stompy
2009-10-24, 05:44 PM
"I really could care less who leads so long as they are competent, but if we can get to that mound, maybe we can see where we are supposed to go from the higher ground? It seems to me that time is a factor, what with the teleportation and all."

"Oh, right, I'm Marcius."

Averagedog
2009-10-24, 06:34 PM
Marcius and the gang heads down the path. After about an hour of following the long path, which has widened considerably since their landing, the large mound before them seems to grow larger and larger. At this point the party can see pieces of ancient architecture sticking out of the mound, some obviously crooked and broken, others seemingly intact. Small rivers of water can be seen flowing down the sides from an unseen source, it looks like several more hours travel before any more details can be seen. The Foliage seems a little thicker in this area and a little darker despite the fact that it is around noon.

BSPiotr
2009-10-24, 06:48 PM
"Well I guess we should start searching... I'm no good at it, so you may want to search yourselves, I'll try to help"

((Search Check (to aid): [roll0] ))

nakuni
2009-10-24, 08:03 PM
"well, I'm not sure what I'm searching for, but what ever it is I'll see if I can find it."

search check
[roll0]

while searching, Gerbin takes this opportunity to take some samples of what ever the local landscape is made of, along with plant samples, he mutters more things of little importance under his breath.

Thrice Dead Cat
2009-10-24, 08:10 PM
"Oh, wow, I have to say, I'm starting to miss the sand. The stench here is worse than a troglodyte swimming party in quicksand. Oh, I actually have a fair eye for detail when I actually bother focusing on the." Mal rummages through his bag of holding, pulling out a strap of cloth, which he quickly ties around his nose and mouth.

"Phew, that should help. Now then, time to look for an entrance!"

Search - [roll0]

Hyooz
2009-10-24, 08:17 PM
Haru joined in with the others, if in his own unique style. Examining the mound, he knew something had to be different if there was an entrance somewhere. He combed the surface, looking at the grass, as the ground's layout for any clue to where the ground might have been disturbed to collapse over an opening. (Survival check: [roll0].)

He had taken up the back part of his robe and wrapped it around his waist. No sense in getting perfectly fine clothes soaked in the marsh. It was an odd feeling, being in the middle of the desert he used to call home, but standing on a swamp. He could almost feel the old spirits calling to him.

Averagedog
2009-10-24, 08:23 PM
As the party members started their search on the Mound, which was more than 6 stories tall from their estimation, suddenly a disheveled man bursts from the foliage on the path behind the party. His desert robes are tattered, his reddish armor pitted, and his brown bowler hat stuck with an arrow sticking out of it. He is fair skinned, with wild blue eyes and blonde hair. In one hand he has a violin and the other, the tool needed to play it. He looks around, crestfallen at being near the mound, but when he sees the party, his disposition changes completely to joy.

"Thank the gods, Guild Members! I thought I was going to die out here," he cried with relief, tears running down his cheeks.

Hyooz
2009-10-24, 08:27 PM
Eyes narrowing, Haru positioned himself between the mound and the new man, allowing a length of chain to slide into his hand. "Come no closer. Identify yourself, and tell us what you're doing out here. Now."

Thrice Dead Cat
2009-10-24, 08:29 PM
"Oh, hello, we weren't expecting to have company on this trip." Mal remarks, somewhat startled. "Sadly, we only have a one way ticket back to civilization, and I doubt that any one of us has a fast enough means to return ourselves.

"You seem to have run into some slight issues," Mal says, motioning to the damaged hat. "Are there any vagabonds in this region or was it one of the remaining defensive structures?"

BSPiotr
2009-10-24, 08:33 PM
"A bard? Well met! It is unfortunate you cannot be trusted until you do as we tell you!" ((Detect Evil SLA)) Johan speaks as his iron spade spins around on his halo. He is obviously smiling but also obviously untrusting.

"Now then, lets see what you have to say for yourself."

Averagedog
2009-10-24, 08:34 PM
BSPiotr
He is not evil

The man looks from Haru to Mal, then to Johan. Unsure on what to do, he stayed where he was dropping his violin. He reaches into a pouch from his one bag and pulls out a seal (the things you close scrolls with) with the guild insignia on it.

"Here is my proof I'm a part of the Argent Dragon. I was the person that discovered this godforsaken place and notified the Guild Lord of a possible location of a powerful artifact within the mound. My group of fellow Archeologists decided to study the ruins further, and with our body guards we approached the damnable place. When we entered the tunnel to the complex, which rests on top of a huge flight of old broken stairs behind a statue of a giant dwarf with a Tankard, a huge torrent of water flowed down and washed us out into disarray, we were immediately attack by Lizardfolk, but these were just any normal tribe, these Lizardfolk looked more related to dragons to me, but did not have the wings or the breathe weapon. Some of them looked more wild then others..."

He takes a deep breathe then continues nervously taking out a cigar to calm his nerves.

"We were then imprisoned in a horrible place within the ruins. I woke up in a dungeon where some were led off to be slaughtered for their sustenance and others were sent to see their god. I was left behind in one of the larger cells with a few of my colleagues. One of them was good at picking locks. I managed to fascinate one of the guards long enough for us to make our escape up the stairs. Unfortunately a trap was triggered and a few of my friends were killed by a swinging scythe. I managed to run back down the tunnel and make my escape into the swamp. I've been hunted for the past 2 weeks, living off of snakes, snails, and other nasty things here. I knew that someone from the guild would come eventually and I vowed I would live to see the day to share my knowledge."

He takes yet another deep breathe and runs a hand through his unkempt hair.

"Wow. That was quite a tale. Its kind of funny, when we were attacked, it was only a week before my slated day of retirement."

BSPiotr
2009-10-24, 08:53 PM
"Ah, well we're going in, actually. Do you know where the entrance is? It would help out tremendously" Johan smiles. "I'm sorry your experience was so terrible - do you need any basic healing? I'm good for that, other than that and you'll need to go to town though I'm afraid.... and of course you don't need to follow us after what you've been through."

Johan pauses deliberately after mentioning his healing - he seems to be remembering something that is causing him pain and he gets lost in it again... His mind going back to the way things were, he finds that more and more everything is really just the same...

((Diplomacy? : [roll0] ))

Hyooz
2009-10-24, 08:55 PM
Haru sat, thinking over the story. "Well, none of us were under any delusions this would be easy." Suddenly, an idea came. "Tell me Mr. Hat... how much of the ruins do you remember?" He rummaged through his pack, searching for something. "Even if you can only remember bits and pieces, that would help." Finally, he pulled some bits of parchment and some charcoal, offering them to the new arrival. "The traps would be especially useful. If you can even just sketch what the room or hallway they were in looked like. Any information at all will be helpful to us."

nakuni
2009-10-24, 08:58 PM
The initial intrusion did not stir Gerbin from his activities, but, when a story begins to be told he rushes over and listens intently.

When the story is over, Gerbin stands there contemplating.

"Sounds horrifying. Could you tell me more about the lizards? Also, do you happen to have any of the nastey things you mentioned that you had been living off of? I would rather like to have a sample."

Thrice Dead Cat
2009-10-24, 09:04 PM
"Trap information would be most useful, but I understand that finding them even at the most peaceful of times can be difficult. If there's anything we can get you, I would be happy to supply our services.

"Hmm, we will probably be down there for a while. Better go ahead and get some basic protection down." Mal mentions before beginning to cast some spells. When he finishes, shining armor covers his body and his skin takes on a slight green complexion.

Spellcraft, DC 18The first spell is greater mage armor for the first spell.

Spellcraft, DC 18 againDragonskin (Spell Compendium), keyed to acid.

Averagedog
2009-10-24, 09:10 PM
The man seems happy that the adventurers were so intersted in the tales he had to tell. He smoothed back his hair, blew a few circles with the cigar then said,

" Well then, first off, the entrance to their lair is on the other side of the mound. That's where some of the water comes out as well. But as for the layout of the ruins, well-Ack!"

6 arrows flew from the foliage behind the man, all of them hitting him in the back. He fell forward, a lifeless expression of confusion on his face as he hit the floor. Immediately, 8 hooting and hissing Lizardmen ran out of the bushes, They all wore mish mashed studded leather, most of them carrying shortbows, while two of them held long spears.

One of them shouts "wux tepoha invaded hesi ofdio lands, prepare ekess loreat intruders!" As the rest reload their arrows or prepare for combat...

If you understand Draconic:
YOU HAVE INVADED OUR SACRED LANDS, PREPARE TO DIE INTRUDERS

BSPiotr
2009-10-24, 09:15 PM
"Never did understand them kobolds... Well... if I could I would bring him back to life that poor soul... but I just don't have that power anymore. Ah well, to arms!"

Init: [roll0]

Thrice Dead Cat
2009-10-24, 09:16 PM
OOC: Well, when you say it like that...

[b]Initiative one - [roll0]
Initiative two (Ring of Anticipation) - [roll1]

Averagedog
2009-10-24, 09:17 PM
The 8 lizard folk:

(8d20+2)

Lizard 1:[20]
Lizard 2:[18]
Lizard 3:[17]
Lizard 4:[12]
Lizard 5:[8]
Lizard 6:[8]
Lizard 7:[8]
Lizard 8:[4]

Hyooz
2009-10-24, 09:18 PM
As the arrows hit the newcomer, Haru rolled back one of his sleeves, the bandages on his arm unraveling, revealing an intricate runic pattern scarred into his arm. They glowed red for a moment, and vanished, leaving his skin flawless. As he moved into position, unraveling his chain fully, his muscles grew tighter and firmer. Whirling his chain over his head, he called back in draconic.

You made a poor choice attacking members of the Argent Dragon!

[roll0]

nakuni
2009-10-24, 09:19 PM
ooo, I think I know what those are they are umm...
knowledge nature check
[roll0]
initiative check
[roll1]

Thrice Dead Cat
2009-10-24, 09:31 PM
"Look, there's no reason we can't go about this peacefully." With a slight thump, Mal realizes the extent that the crazed lizardfolk are willing to go. "Well... if you insist."

Knowledge: Nature, both for info and Devotion - [roll0]
If necessary, Mal will move into 30 ft. of the nearest 'folk to get some delicious bonus dice, otherwise no movement.

Acid Splash touch attack vs. nearest lizard. - [roll1] + Knowledge Devotion
Damage, assuming Sneak Attack - [roll2]+[roll3] + Knowledge Devotion.

EDIT: Looks like only a +1 from K.D. Also, end turn.

Stompy
2009-10-24, 10:07 PM
"For... that.....one guy!"

Initiative(+2): [roll0]
KD: nature(+2): [roll1]
Crusader stuffs

Take the first three numbers and they are the manuevers I can use this turn.

[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

Where:
Foehammer = 1
Mountain Hammer = 2
Crusader's Strike = 3
Stone Bones = 4
White Raven Tactics :smallbiggrin: = 5

Also currently in Bolstering Voice stance; +2 morale bonus on will saves, becomes +4 if it's a fear effect for everyone that can hear me.

Glimbur
2009-10-24, 11:23 PM

"Hostiles detected. Engaging self-defense protocols."

Spate
2009-10-25, 09:50 PM
Kratox perks up, not having any understanding of his companions speech. But upon seeing hostile people, he lets out a roar and kicks up into the air.

Initiative
1d20+5

OOC: I only speak Orc and Draconic...

Spate
2009-10-25, 09:55 PM
[roll0]

Apparently the last one didn't work...

Averagedog
2009-10-25, 11:53 PM
Thrice Dead Cat: 24 6 damage
Lizard 1:[20] Shortbow <-------old initiative
spate: 19 <--------------------New Initiative
Lizard 2:[18] Shortbow
Glimbur: 17
Lizard 3:[17] Shortbow
Nakuni: 16
BSPiotr: 14
Hyoooooooooz: 12
Lizard 4:[12] Shortbow
Lizard 5:[8] Shortbow
Lizard 6:[8] Shortbow
Lizard 7:[8] Longspear
Stompy: 4
Lizard 8:[4] Longspear 6 damage
Mal moves 20 feet forward quickly while the Lizardfolk were getting themselves ready for another volley and throws a ball of acid into the arm of one of spear wielding lizard men who grits its teeth and holds onto the spear grimly.

Lizard Archer 1, pulls back its bow and lets an arrow fly at Mal in retaliation.
Attack: (1d20+6)[25]
Possible Damage: (1d6+1)[6]

The Lizardfolk's arrow flies true and hits Mal in the thigh for 6 damage. The lizardfolk then moves 10 feet back towards the foliage.

Spate
2009-10-26, 12:17 AM
I fly up forty feet and let loose my javelin at the nearest archer.

[roll0]

If I hit, here is damage:
[roll1]

Spate
2009-10-26, 12:19 AM
OOC: Sorry, I meant sixty feet. Editing seems to screw up rolls, so I'm just doing this.

Averagedog
2009-10-26, 12:29 AM
Lizard 1:[20] Shortbow 13 damage
spate: 19
Lizard 2:[18] Shortbow <-------old initiative
Glimbur: 17 <--------------------New Initiative
Lizard 3:[17] Shortbow
Lizard 4:[12] Shortbow
Lizard 5:[8] Shortbow
Lizard 6:[8] Shortbow
Lizard 7:[8] Longspear

Kratox's aim was true and the Javelin hits Lizardfolk 1 in the shoulder for 13 damage.

Lizard 2 retaliates on Kratox with a shot from its bow and moves back another 10 feet next to Lizard 1

Attack:
[roll0]
Possible Damage:
[roll1]

The Arrow sails past Kratox harmlessly.

nakuni
2009-10-26, 11:35 AM
"I know what to do here"
full round attack
pulls out a strange flask and throws it at an enemy that has as many other enemies within 5 feet but no fellow guild members.
alchemist frost/alchemist shock/drow poison
ranged touch attack
[roll0] apply range increment as needed (20 feet)
if attack hits
[roll1] cold damage
[roll2] electricity damage
splash of 1 cold and 1 electricity in a 5 foot radius
all damaged are affected by drow poison (dc 13 fort, initial=unconscious, secondary=unconscious for 2d4 hours)
pulls out an explosive throws it at another enemy or group of enemies
explosive rating= (3/0/2) (4d6 damage/5 foot radius explosion/can be used as part of a full round attack)

[roll3] half fire, half force dc 17 ref for half

nakuni
2009-10-26, 11:39 AM
forgot to roll to hit the square for the bomb.
ranged touch attack against square enemy is in (ac of 5)
[roll0]

Edit: this is what I will be doing when my turn rolls around

Glimbur
2009-10-26, 05:26 PM
"Engaging hostiles."

I will move up to 30' so that I can catch as many lizardmen in a 15' cone as possible, and breathe a 15' cone of Entangling Fire. It does [roll0] damage with a DC 22 Reflex save for half.

If they take any damage they are entangled (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#entangled).

Also it sticks to them for [roll1] rounds.

On the off chance halving damage inside the rolls doesn't work, they take [roll2] divided by two.

Averagedog
2009-10-26, 08:21 PM
The Warforged moves forth and spews out an entangling breathe on lizard folk 4,5,6 and 7 entangling them to the spot. Lizard folk 3, fires an arrow at the warforged, but it bounces off the metal automaton dealing no damage. Nakuni throws two flasks dealing damage to several groups while knocking the entangled lizardfolk unconscious. Lizardfolks 1 and two get horribly burned by a flaming molotov, lizard one looking like he is about to breathe his last.

Lizard 1:[20] Shortbow 32 damage
Lizard 2:[18] Shortbow 19 damage
Nakuni: 16 <-------old initiative
BSPiotr: 14 <--------------------New Initiative
Lizard 4:[12] Shortbow Unconcious and Entangled 9 damage
Lizard 5:[8] Shortbow Unconcious and Entangled 9 damage
Lizard 6:[8] Shortbow Unconcious and Entangled 9 damage
Lizard 7:[8] Longspear Unconcious and Entangled 9 damage

BSPiotr
2009-10-26, 08:28 PM
"You there! Stop actively hurting my friends, or I will be forced to dispose of you un-gently"

Spiritual Weapon (Mace) at Lizard 1 (who hit Mal)

Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage [roll1] Force Damage

Averagedog
2009-10-26, 08:29 PM
Lizardfolk 1 looks blearily at Johan turning his head into a spiritual Mace to the Face. The Lizardfolk falls unconcious with a sickening crunch.

Hyooz
2009-10-26, 08:38 PM
Haru moves in on the healthiest remaining lizardfolk (should be #8) whirling his chain, which began to crackle and spark with electricity as he brought the sharp blade down on the attacking creature.

Arcane Channeling Shocking Grasp, Power Attack for 3.
Rolling Knowledge(Nature) for Knowledge Devotion: [roll0]

To Hit: [roll1]
Weapon Damage: [roll2]
Shocking Grasp Damage: [roll3]

EDIT: Factoring in the bonus from Knowledge Devotion, I rolled a to-hit of 24 and had a Weapon Damage of 23.

So, in total, if I hit, the Lizardfolk takes 45 damage.

Averagedog
2009-10-26, 08:45 PM
Lizard 1:[20] Shortbow 32 damage
Lizard 2:[18] Shortbow 19 damage
Hyoooooooooz: 12 <-------old initiative
Lizard 4:[12] Shortbow Unconcious and Entangled 9 damage
Lizard 5:[8] Shortbow Unconcious and Entangled 9 damage
Lizard 6:[8] Shortbow Unconcious and Entangled 9 damage
Lizard 7:[8] Longspear Unconcious and Entangled 9 damage
Stompy: 4 <--------------------New Initiative

Haru sidestepped the spearwielding lizardfolk's spear and artfully spun around the stab the poor creature in the side of the neck. The electrical arcane energies made the corpse dance in a macabre dance before it slid off and fell to the ground twitching......

Stompy
2009-10-26, 08:57 PM
"No survivors!"

Charge Lizard #2, Power Attack for 3
(KD = +1)

Hit(+11): [roll0]
Damage(2d6+14) [roll1]

Averagedog
2009-10-26, 09:25 PM
Lizardfolk 2 dies as he is decapitated by the charging human with the greatsword. Lizard folk 3, seeing that he is the only one left weighs his options then throws his bow to the ground in surrender.

XP per person,

Everyone but Thrice gets 914 xp. Thrice gets 1200 xp.

Obvious Common Items: 6 shortswords, 6 short bows, 9 studded leather, 2 longspears.

Spate
2009-10-26, 09:34 PM
OOC: I forgot one was still alive.

Glimbur
2009-10-26, 09:42 PM
"Why?" [in Draconic]

Hyooz
2009-10-27, 12:28 PM
Haru winds up his chain, taking the blade in hand to approach the last remaining Lizardfolk. As he approaches, kicking any weapons away from the lizard, he speaks occasionally in draconic. "Naphtali brogun yepti noth." He crouches in front of him, staring him in the eye, leveling the blade toward him. "Herud makai alton adoni. Nester tsun mache."

For those who speak Draconic:

We do not intend to linger long on your land. We seek a crystal within these caverns.

If you can lead us safely there, no more of your people need to die. If not, we'll fight our way to it just as easily.

Thrice Dead Cat
2009-10-27, 04:21 PM
"Not to interrupt or anything, but I still have a minor issue of an arrow through my leg. It's proving to be something of an inconvenience, to be honest."

nakuni
2009-10-27, 05:41 PM
"oh, goody, I bet I can get some interesting reagents from these"
Gerbin pulls a box out of his haversack, sets it on the ground, and in a moment it has folded out into a full alchemist lab.
Alchemy check to determine the number of reagents obtained.
[roll0]

Edit: a total of 16 reagents were obtained

OOC: this role is made with the assumption that I will have 10 minutes to gather reagents and that a knowledge check of 23 was enough to identify lizardfolk. The results can be modified later if either of these assumptions prove false.

BSPiotr
2009-10-27, 06:19 PM
"Not to interrupt or anything, but I still have a minor issue of an arrow through my leg. It's proving to be something of an inconvenience, to be honest."

"Quite Right good sir."

Johan puts his hand over the wound and says: "Oh St Cuthbert, heal this poor man's leg with your divine will towards a fair fight."

Celestial
"Oh Gracious Whomever-I-Worship, farm this iron arrow out of this leg so to strengthen your power"

Cure Light Wounds:
[roll0] + 3 temp HP for 5 minutes

Glimbur
2009-10-27, 06:30 PM
"Farm... iron? Activity not recognized. Disregard."

"Suggest party interrogate captive, then approach mound."

Spate
2009-10-27, 08:07 PM
Kratox glides down, and looks warily around him.

"Go right ahead with the interrogations, let's find us some gold."

Kratox keeps one eye on the lizardman and starts to look.
Search: [roll0]

BSPiotr
2009-10-27, 09:11 PM
"Well, I would interrogate, but you need to translate - I do not speak this lizard's language..."

Cross-Language Diplomacy [roll0]

Johan will attempt to tell HK-47 or Haru what to tell the Lizardfolk: "We wont hurt you if you dont hurt us, and dont run away. Now what in blazes is going on, good lizardfolk? And where is the rest of you you all and the entrance to this dear place that you killed the poor bard? You should be ashamed killing in such a manner, it is unbekept of St Cuthbert."

Celestial Whaterver-I-worship

Glimbur
2009-10-27, 09:13 PM
[Faithfully translates the questioning]

In Celestial"Shouldn't you know what you worship?"

Thrice Dead Cat
2009-10-27, 11:40 PM
"Uh, Entangling Fighting Friend, I think Johan meant to translate into Draconic, not celestial."

Slyvan:"I knew I should have listened to that bard when he started rambling off about obscure languages."

Averagedog
2009-10-28, 09:48 AM
The remaining Lizardfolk's eyes widen with insanity or perhaps with Fanaticism. He brandishes a clawed hand displaying a ring with 4 Small Emeralds on it.

He shouts in common, though it is kind of hard to piece together at times,

"I have a ring of wishes! One more step and I will wish all of you into swampsnakes!!! I never liked the inhabitants of this mound, in fact I used to be a human as well, that is until I Found this ring in the desert sands.

I was a merchant making my trip across the great desert to Nas Bangool to sell frozen water from my extra dimensional storage containers and Salt. But then a strange sandstorm hit me and my caravan and left me the lone survivor in the desert. Strangely enough I found this ring, which was cursed but it promised me 5 wishes. I Used one of the wishes to find the nearest place of living inhabitants that would accept me into their fold. Sure enough it transported me into the mound you see ahead, transformed me into one of them, and modified their memories to fit me into their horrible lives.

If you and your band lets me survive to spend one of my wishes I will give one of you the ring to spend the other 3."

Glimbur
2009-10-28, 11:10 AM
Sense Motive: [roll0]

Averagedog
2009-10-28, 12:17 PM
Your lie detector circuits believe this lizard man or perhaps man lizard is telling the complete and utter truth.

Glimbur
2009-10-28, 01:32 PM
"What wish are you planning on making?"

Hyooz
2009-10-28, 01:46 PM
Never too keen on simply suffering threats, and not believing the lizard's story for a second, Haru moved swiftly, both his hands crackling with negative energy, which he thrust against the lizard, hoping to restrain him more adequately.

Swift Casting Ghoul Touch, and normally casting Ghoul Touch.

Touch Attack 1: [roll0]
Touch Attack 2: [roll1]

Lizard must make two Fort saves DC 15 or be Paralyzed (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#paralyzed) for...

Fails save 1: [roll2]
Fails save 2: [roll3]
Rounds

If it fails both, just take the higher value of the two.

Glimbur
2009-10-28, 02:08 PM
In common"This is hardly diplomatic."

Averagedog
2009-10-28, 02:50 PM
((Note, in homage of the last battle of this place, which I modified to never repeat the silliness that occurred that time.))

The Lizard man made both his fort saves and took the damage.

I wish you are a monster!" The lizard man yelled in retaliation at Haru for attacking him.

Haru needs to make a fortitude save, Lizardman needs to make a fortitude save

roll initiative

Spate
2009-10-28, 02:57 PM

OOC: this should be interesting.

Thrice Dead Cat
2009-10-28, 02:57 PM
"Can't we just be friends?"

Initiative - [roll0]
Initiative 2 - [roll1]

Hyooz
2009-10-28, 02:59 PM
Fort save: [roll0]

Glimbur
2009-10-28, 02:59 PM
In Common "Can't we all be friends?"

Hyooz
2009-10-28, 03:04 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Averagedog
2009-10-28, 03:15 PM
The Ring glows an angry green and one of the 4 remaining emeralds burns away. The angry green shoots and hits Haru and also travels to cover the lizard man as well.

"What's happening? he cried. I wished for him to be a monster not me!!!"

The ring flashes again and temporarily blinds everyone. A wail from the lizardman is heard. when all your vision clears, you guys see a Flind where Haru was standing with Haru's gear on and in front of him you see a large Ogre Magi wearing armor and wielding a oversized Greatsword. A Red gleam permeates the creature's eyes as his soul became corrupted by the ring.

"I can grow to like this, he smiled wickedly, I wonder what more this ring has to offer for me. But first it looks like there are mere bugs to destroy."

His initiative: 22

Stompy
2009-10-28, 03:20 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Will worry about other stuffs when turn rolls around.

BSPiotr
2009-10-28, 03:49 PM

"Oh my, that was most certainly an undiplomatic resolution."

nakuni
2009-10-28, 05:14 PM
Gerbin looks up from his work.
"YAY, more interesting reagents!"
[roll0] intitiative
[roll1] knowledge check to identify it

Averagedog
2009-10-29, 07:09 PM
Initiative Order
Thrice Dead Cat: 28 <-----------|Current Turn|
Nakuni: 23
Possessed Dude: 22
Stompy: 18
Spate: 18
Hyooz: 16
BSpiotr: 8
Glimbur: 7

Thrice Dead Cat
2009-10-29, 08:47 PM
"Quick! Don't move!

Spellcraft, DC 16 GREASE on the biggun!
Reflex DC 16.

Whipping the substance at the now transformed lizardfolk, Mal makes a mad dash towards the being as it slips among the grease, drawing his small dagger as he somersaults forward.

Knowledge Arcana - If actually (Nature), use previous roll instead (+1 for K Devo) [roll0]

Tumble 1d20+5[rollv]

OOC: If the thing actually fails, I'll go ahead and spend my swift action to teleport on top of the ogre mage, otherwise, it'll be to get into a flanking position.

EDIT: Tumble didn't work, so here it is again: [rollv]1d20+5

Thrice Dead Cat
2009-10-29, 08:48 PM
Nevermind, here's that tumble [roll0]

Averagedog
2009-10-29, 08:55 PM
Initiative Order
Thrice Dead Cat: 28
Nakuni: 23 <-----------|Current Turn|
Possessed Dude: 22

The Ogre does not trip and fall, but does look down menacingly on Mal with intent to anihilate.

nakuni
2009-10-29, 09:01 PM
standard action use bomb
rating (4/0/1)
ranged touch attack against the square (ac 5)
[roll0]
damage
[roll1] dc 17 ref for half
free action draw crossbow
move action load it

Averagedog
2009-10-29, 09:12 PM
The Ogremage raises an arm as the flask hits him on the chest and explodes into flame. The Ogre mage takes the 27 damage and is now on fire ((I rolled ignition damage))

The Ogremage, in its rage as it heals some of the force damage, Takes the greatsword in both hands then brings it down on Mal with a skull splitting force then stabs the body again to make sure the deed was done. He laughs cruelly as the blood splattered across his armor.

((Nat 20, confirmed hit at 23, secondary attack hit at 24))

Damage from crit attack: 4 + 6 + 3 + 6 + 25 (+ 12 damage from 2 handing 2 handed weapon + 1 enhancement bonus) = 44 damage

Damage from second attack: 6 + 4 + 13 = 23 damage.

Total Damage: 67.

The Ogre is still on fire however and takes another 4 fire damage

Initiative Order
Nakuni: 23
Possessed Dude: 22 26 damage after regen and continuous fire damage.
Stompy: 18 <-----------|Current Turn|
Possessed Dude again

Stompy
2009-10-29, 09:48 PM
KD: nature(+2): [roll0]
Crusader stuffs

Take the first three numbers and they are the maneuvers I can use this turn.

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]

Where:
Foehammer = 1
Mountain Hammer = 2
Crusader's Strike = 3
Stone Bones = 4

Also currently in Bolstering Voice stance; +2 morale bonus on will saves, becomes +4 if it's a fear effect for everyone that can hear me.

[/QUOTE]

Stompy
2009-10-29, 10:09 PM
KD = +1
Swift action: WRT on Nekuni, your initiative is now 17, enjoy.
Power Attack for 3 and charge:
Attack(+11): [roll0]
Damage(2d6+14): [roll1]

(AC = 20 for right now for AoO concerns.)

Averagedog
2009-10-29, 10:12 PM
The ogremage swings its sword at Stompy as he draws near and gives stompy a blow to the arm for 15 damage. Stompy swings with his weapon and hits, but unfortunately the blow bounced harmlessly off of the Ogremage's Mithril Breastplate.

Initiative Order

Possessed Dude: 22 26 damage after regen and continuous fire damage.
Spate: 18 <-----------|Current Turn|
Nakuni: 17
Possessed Dude again

Thrice Dead Cat
2009-10-30, 12:33 AM
"Shoot! That looks like it's going to be painful!"

Immediate action: Adrupt Jaunt away from the greatsword, aiming to be out of melee this time around.

Averagedog
2009-10-30, 11:09 AM
since no one else was with in range of the ogremage's attack on thrice, the attack is wasted. Haru is indeed in front of the ogre mage, but it requires a 5 foot step to reach him from his present location.

nakuni
2009-10-30, 02:42 PM
OOC: well I'm going to not have access to a computer for awhile, so I'll just post my turn now.

fire light crossbow
[roll0]
potential damage
[roll1]

Throw explosive [rating (3/0/2)] at a square so that it hits the enemy and as few friends as possible
ranged touch attack against square
[roll2]
damage
[roll3] DC 17 reflex save for half

Spate
2009-10-30, 05:37 PM
"Holy ****! I'm not going near that thing

Fly 60ft up and then throwing my javelin.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Hyooz
2009-10-30, 06:23 PM
Haru's hands again coursed with negative energy, and a bolt of blackness shot out toward the ogre magi. Not even waiting to see the result, Haru swung with his chain, again coursing with electricity, keeping his distance (OOC: Reach weapons ftw). He aimed for the legs, hoping to trip the great beast.

Yay complicated turn.

Knowledge Check for Knowledge Devotion: [roll0]

Start with Swift Cast Ray of Enfeeblement:
Touch Attack: [roll1] + Knowledge Devotion
If touch attack is successful: [roll2] strength penalty to the ogre.

Touch attack to initiate trip/shock him a lot: [roll3]
If successful, Shocking Grasp damage: [roll4]

Strength Check for trip if touch attack successful: [roll5]

If I win the opposed Strength check, the ogre falls prone and I get a melee attack; said attack follows

To hit: [roll6] + Knowledge Devotion
Damage (Assuming hit): [roll7] + Knowledge Devotion

Hyooz
2009-10-30, 06:27 PM
Caster Level Check: [roll0]

Hyooz
2009-10-30, 06:29 PM
Another one: [roll0]

Averagedog
2009-10-30, 06:38 PM
Spate's spear and Nakuni's bolt fly off of the OgreMage's armor as it pings off dealing no damage. Nakuni's flask explodes but this time hits the ground as opposed to him dealing half the prescribed damage.

Haru goes forth with his daring gambit, but both of his spells fizzle against the Ogre's evil aura. Haru then tries to trip the Ogremage, but fails by a very very small margin.

The Ogremage grins then takes a 5 foot step back then sucks in a big breathe and breathes a cone of cone in a wide arc around him hitting at least Haru and Mal for possibly 36 ice damage. (reflex save 21) (I think Nakuni and charles are also within range) Mal may be out of it possibly, idk...

Possessed Dude: 22 32 damage after regen and continuous fire damage.
Possessed Dude again
BSpiotr: 8 <-----------|Current Turn|

BSPiotr
2009-10-30, 07:34 PM
Johan sees that his compatriots are getting toasted, but knows that he can't do much to help until after the battle... the faster this guy goes down the better!

Caster Level Check: [roll0]
If it goes through...
Spirit Weapon Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Hyooz
2009-10-30, 08:28 PM
Reflex Save: [roll0]

Thrice Dead Cat
2009-10-30, 08:30 PM
The Ogremage grins then takes a 5 foot step back then sucks in a big breathe and breathes a cone of cone in a wide arc around him hitting at least Haru and Mal for possibly 36 ice damage. (reflex save 21) (I think Nakuni and charles are also within range) Mal may be out of it possibly, idk...

Just a quick note, but I should have been behind the Ogre Mage, rather than on the same side as Haru.

Stompy
2009-10-30, 08:51 PM
Then sucks in a big breathe and breathes a cone of cone in a wide arc around him hitting at least Haru and Mal for possibly 36 ice damage. (reflex save 21)

note that the crusader "delay 5 damage" is in effect.

Spellcraft to identify a cone of cone breath weapon spell (+12): [roll0]

Reflex Save (I believe in you!) (+5): [roll1]

Stompy
2009-10-30, 08:55 PM
Free Action: I intimidate the online roller to roll higher.

Intimidate: [roll0]

Glimbur
2009-10-31, 11:27 AM
The Warforged Savior flies upwards 10', forward 10', and breathes a cone of Slow on the Ogre Mage. DC 22 Fort save please.

If successful Congratulations! You're slowed (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/slow.htm) for a round! I don't know how this interacts with double-initiative!

If unsuccessful Congratulations! You're slowed (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/slow.htm) for two rounds! I don't know how this interacts with double-initiative!

Averagedog
2009-10-31, 11:35 AM
Fortitude save: [roll0]
Regens 5 damage, burns for another 5 damage.

Mr. Ogre Magi will then take his standard action to attempt to take out Haru
attack roll:
[roll1]
Possible Crit roll:
[roll2]
Possible damage:
[roll3]
Possible crit damage roll:
[roll4]

Possessed Dude again

Thrice Dead Cat
2009-10-31, 02:23 PM
OOC: Er, I seem to be in a case of Schroedinger's PC, where I am both dead and alive right now. Assuming that I am, in fact, alive due to avoiding both the breath attack and the otherwise lethal swing.

OOC: Time for him to get fabulous.

Glitterdust (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/glitterdust.htm) on the sucker. I don't need to worry about SR, luckily. Will save partial, DC 17.

End turn.

Averagedog
2009-10-31, 02:29 PM
Mal: 24
Possessed Dude again

Will Save
[roll0]

The glitter is afraid of the Ogremage's face, the rest of his body glitters pleasantly however.

Stompy
2009-10-31, 03:05 PM
swift action: activate law devotion for +3 to hit!

5-foot step up to Mr. ugly face.

Power attack for full (6)
Full attack
Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage 1: [roll1]
Attack 2: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]

EDIT: I'm now down to 0 HP. :smalleek:

Spate
2009-10-31, 05:47 PM
I catch my javelin, fly ten feet and then let loose.
Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Averagedog
2009-11-01, 09:32 AM
Sadly none of your attacks pierce through his armor. The Ogremage starts laughing.

Nakuni: 17 <-----------|Current Turn|
Possessed Dude again

nakuni
2009-11-01, 08:15 PM
"sigh, I don't like using multiple bombs on one enemy, as the saying goes 'if you end up needing to use a second bomb, you didn't use a big enough bomb the first time'"
Standard action: throwing bomb to hit the ogre but not any allies
ranged touch attack to hit the square
[roll0]
damage (bomb rating 4/0/1) DC 17 ref
[roll1]
Move action: loading light crossbow

Averagedog
2009-11-01, 08:23 PM
The Ogremage winces as the bomb hit him in the arm stealing some of this thunder

reflex:
[roll0]

Possessed Dude: 22 42 damage after regen and continuous fire damage.
Hyooz: 16 <-----------|Current Turn|
Possessed Dude again

Hyooz
2009-11-01, 10:58 PM
Haru decided to forgo any further attempts at finesse and control, and simply meet the ogre's own game head on. Whirling his chain with a new found determination, Haru struck, spinning about for a second attack quickly after.

No spells this time. Brute force will hopefully work well enough.

Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Attack 2: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Averagedog
2009-11-01, 11:05 PM
Possessed Dude: 22 38 damage after regen and continuous fire damage.
Possessed Dude again
BSpiotr: 8 <-----------|Current Turn|

The Ogremage laughs as he easily whacks both of Haru's blows away, then counter attacks with a vicious cut to the neck then slashes at the Crusader by reversing his momentum and swinging in the opposite direction towards him.

Attack on Haru:
[roll0]
Damage:
[roll1]

Attack on Stompy:
[roll2]
Damage:
[roll3]

BSPiotr
2009-11-01, 11:21 PM
Johan gets a pained look on his face as Haru is hurt beyond his ability to heal him. He moves up behind Stompy (5ft behind) and uses one of his gifts from Cuthbert to try and keep his ally up for longer. I know I probably would only whittle him down if he can block my spells like that.

SLA: Cure Serious Wounds
[roll0]

Glimbur
2009-11-02, 09:20 AM
The Great Warforged One flies up 10' and breathes a line of Entangling Fire onto the foe. DC 22 Ref save or take half of [roll0]. Also, he's entangled for [roll1] rounds and takes [roll2] damage at the start of my turn for those rounds.

Averagedog
2009-11-02, 10:13 AM
Reflex save:
[roll0]
The ogre smiles, smug he could dodge the flames just like he dodged everything else from their full effect, but suddenly the flames of the breathe zagged instead of zigged as the ogre mage thought it would and tied themselves to his shins hampering his movement.

total damage taken: 50

entangled counter: 2

Damage counter from the almighty forged one: 2

Its mal's turn btw.

Thrice Dead Cat
2009-11-02, 12:02 PM
"Time to try our luck trying his."

Standard Action: Unluck on the ogre mage. Will save, DC 18 or have to roll twice for everything, taking the worst of the two.

End turn.

Thrice Dead Cat
2009-11-02, 12:04 PM
SR Roll I forgot about - [roll0]

EDIT: Rolling dice, we can't.

Averagedog
2009-11-02, 12:12 PM
The Ogremage completely ignores Mal and appears to not notice Mal's unlucky spell. He focus's his attention on Stompy and decides that getting rid of enemies one at a time is the best course of action.

2 attacks on Stompy:
[roll0]

[roll1]

respective damage rolls
[roll2]
[roll3]

Total Damage taken: 50 (fire damage 5, regen 5)

Entangled counter: 1
Warforged paragon burning counter: 2

Stompy
2009-11-02, 01:04 PM
Law Devotion free action: switch the +3 to hit to +3 AC (AC is now = 25)

(I have all the crusader manuevers ready except for WRT.)
Go Go Mountain Hammer Rangers! (duh duh duh duh da... duh da... duh!)

Attack1: [roll0]
Damage:[roll1], ignores DR and hardness.

Averagedog
2009-11-02, 01:14 PM
Spate: 18 <-----------|Current Turn|
Possessed Dude again

Stompy's counterattack damages the ogremage a heck of a lot more than anything else so far.

Total Damage taken: 74

Spate
2009-11-02, 04:15 PM
Let's try this again!

Javelin throw after 10ft of flying.
Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Averagedog
2009-11-02, 04:41 PM
This time Spate's Javalin flie straight and true and stabs the ogremage through the arm before reappearing in spate's hand.

Nakuni: 17 <-----------|Current Turn|
Possessed Dude again

total damage taken: 90

nakuni
2009-11-02, 07:25 PM
ranged touch attack (hitting ogre mage but not allies) with alchemist fire/frost/shock + sassone leaf residue
[roll0]
potential damage
[roll1] fire
[roll2] cold
[roll3] electricity
[roll4] sassone leaf residue (poison dc 16 fort initial 2d12 hp, secondary 1d6 con)

nakuni
2009-11-02, 07:35 PM
oh ya, ref save versus cone of coldness

[roll0]

Averagedog
2009-11-02, 07:55 PM
Fort Save:
[roll0]

Current damage 109

The Ogremage, knowing that the body its possessing won't last much longer, roars something in giant then moves his hand across the blade, as he does the sword shimmers then changes form into an unmistakably large sized steak knife with serrated edges including a handle made of obsidian. (His greatsword seems to glow gray briefly as well) then he swings at stompy full force
attack 1
[roll1]

Damage:
[roll2]

The flames of the ogremage then grew hot and his body bursts into spectacular flames. The ogre crumples to the ground in a heap of ash, his equipment landing on top of him. The Giant steak knife shimmers then takes the form of a greatsword once more.

Averagedog
2009-11-02, 08:08 PM
XP gain

level 8: 2057
level 7: 2400

Items found:

THE greatsword
Mithril Breastplate
Ring(3 wishes left)
Fingerless Gloves
Wand
Monocle

Glimbur
2009-11-02, 08:13 PM
"Threat neutralized. Standing down. Suggest immediate destruction of Ring of Wishes."

nakuni
2009-11-02, 08:14 PM
"well that took some effort, at least he was kind enough to leave me more interesting things to study."
alchemy check to determine how many reagents aquired
[roll0]

21 reagents gained

BSPiotr
2009-11-02, 08:16 PM
"Good riddance. A shame we lost a compatriot... I will have to bring him back when I gain back some of my powers..."

Johan looks at Stompy, who is about to fall over...

"My good man! You seem to need some divine healing... let old Johan Farm your problems away..." The little spade spins as Johan says this.

Heal Check: [roll0]
Farm Iron Check: [roll1]

Cure Light Wounds: [roll2]
+3 temp for 5 minutes

"I wonder if anything he had was magical..."
Detect Magic, Focusing for X rounds... (where X >=3 I think?)

Averagedog
2009-11-02, 08:20 PM
Magical Items:
THE greatsword (Overpowering Universal)
Mithril Breastplate( Weak Abjuration)
Ring(3 wishes left) (IMBALOLROFLWAFFLEWTF Universal)
Fingerless Gloves (weak transmutation)
Wand (conjuration healing)
Monocle (weak illusion)

Non magical items

(tumbleweed)

Glimbur
2009-11-02, 08:21 PM
"Negotiations proceed better with more information."

I'll use my Identify-like invocation to identify all the items.

"This ring holds a malign influence. Call for a majority vote to allow destruction of it via fire breath."

Averagedog
2009-11-02, 08:46 PM
THE greatsword (Overpowering Universal)
-"The Great Steak Knife of Vasagorias": One night many many many years ago, Vasagorias got drunk with his other Dragon friends at a Dragon style party and decided to create a set of artifact weaponry in the form of Kitchen Cutlery. Each artifact weapon does something different and were deemed artifacts by The God of the forge that was also present at the party to make it official. These weapons were generally seen as jokes to the mortals, who nonetheless respected them and kept them..... in their broom closets. These weapons were gifted then regifted then regifted again to different kingdoms until their very existence were forgotten.

It is said that the longer one holds onto these weapons, the stronger the effects of the weapons becomes and the more abilities that will be revealed. It really isn't clear on just how strong these devices are, time will tell.

Revealed abilities:
- + 1 weapon enhancement
- + once every 4 days swift cast true strike
- - When the weapon is swiftcasted its critical range is temporarily doubled and the weapon size increases by one category at no penalty on the wielder.

Mithril Breastplate( Weak Abjuration)
- Mithril Breastplate + 2

Ring(3 wishes left) (IMBALOLROFLWAFFLEWTF Universal)
This ring was created by the goddess Selena, the goddess of trickery and secrets. No matter the wish, the ring twists it to do something odd and sometimes harmful to the circumstances of the wielder of the ring. The ring tries to dominate anyone that comes into posession of it, but when it fails, and the wielder says the passkey the wishes are corruption free. When all the wishes are expended the ring will disappears and reappear elsewhere with a fresh batch of wishes proportional to the time it has to recharge undisturbed. It takes 1 month to regenerate a wish.
- The passkey is "Selena"
-3wishes left

Fingerless Gloves (weak transmutation)
- + 2 Strength
- + 2 Dexterity

Wand (conjuration healing)
Wand of Compressed Vigor
- 5 hp per round for 3 rounds.

Monocle (weak illusion)
"The Spy Glass": Another creation of Selena, When wearing this monocle, the wielder appears to be a member of the race of whoever is looking at the wielder with the appropriate clothing. The monocle however is always present.
-the disguise ability
- Tounges 2/day

Glimbur
2009-11-02, 08:47 PM
"Interested in monocle. Maintain that ring should be destroyed. Ambivalent on other items."

BSPiotr
2009-11-02, 09:00 PM
"Interested in the Wand, since I see it does very decent healing. Should keep us going for a bit. Now who needs healing?"

(Expend 2 charges on Charles)
((Anyone else? I'll roll a couple of charges and take them off as needed, just let me know in post or on skype))

Charges:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

Hyooz
2009-11-02, 11:01 PM
With Haru pasted, Samael will be coming in.

http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=31531

BSPiotr
2009-11-03, 12:55 PM
"Alright, well, lets get this stuff into the pile and keep looking for that entrance that the bard told us about. Maybe we can find this crystal without much more trouble..."

Johan looks around and does his best at finding things, he moves a few feet away from the group (at most) to see if there's anything around him.

"Honestly, my eyes and ears just aren't as good as they used to be!"

Spot: [roll0]
Search: [roll1]
Listen: [roll2]

Averagedog
2009-11-03, 01:21 PM
There is obviously nothing on this side of the mound, the other side however may yield greater results.

Spate
2009-11-03, 01:58 PM
I'd be interested in the gloves, if no one else needs them more.

Thrice Dead Cat
2009-11-03, 02:26 PM
"I wouldn't mind holding onto the ring until we can actually deal with it. Now then! Time to start digging!"

Search - [roll0]

BSPiotr
2009-11-03, 02:31 PM
"I dont know if digging here will get us anywhere - theres nothing here!. We should go to the top of the mound to see if theres any other outcroppings for hints"

Johan directs his sights to searching there were he hasn't before.
[roll0]

Averagedog
2009-11-03, 02:38 PM
Johan realizes that the mound is at least 10 stories tall with water running down the sides of it making it very very slick and wet.

BSPiotr
2009-11-03, 02:40 PM
"Seems like we'll need to go around this monstrosity if we are to find the entrance... I remember the bard told us it would be on the other side. I have no need for the gloves, so have at them."

Spate
2009-11-03, 08:21 PM
Alright then, what are we waiting for?

Kratox grabs the gloves then starts to fly around the mound, scanning with this eyes as he goes.

Spot:[roll0]

Hyooz
2009-11-03, 08:28 PM
As discussions were occuring about what side of the mound the entrance may or may not be on, a circle of arcane energy formed, crackling with light and smoke. A brief explosion later, and a bald human stood, looking a little confused. He had odd arcane implements implanted on his temples, and a metallic skullcap glittering with incarnum.

Noticing the group after a moment, he strode over, showing off his guild ring. "Hello there. Guild central noticed the lifesigns on one of your members dropped. I'm here to investigate and replace if necessary." He noticed Haru's body lying nearby, and walked off, as if distracted. Attaching a small device to his robe, he activated it and Haru's body began to teleport away. "Central will take care of the body until later."

As if noticing the group again, bowing slightly. "I will be his replacement, Samael. One of the guild's more recent successful experiments."

Averagedog
2009-11-03, 08:35 PM
Kratox flies towards the top of the mound noticing a large gaping hole in the very top of it. On the direct opposite side of the Mound from the party, Kratox sees a huge set of stairs that appears to go up several stories up the mound. At the top of the stairs there is a landing about 30 feet by 60 feet. There is a wide opening at the back of the landing, water flows from the dark tunnel at about ankle deep level for a medium sized creature.

Kratox also sees a large gaping hole in the top of the mound, Water appears to flow from it in thin streams down all the sides of the mound though kratox can clearly see that there is a huge room under the opening where the flicker of torches are visible.

Spate
2009-11-03, 09:05 PM
Kratox comes back after his scouting and says,

Hey guys, there are some stairs around the back. There is a large entrance at the top of the mound, and it's also where the water comes from. A second and smaller entrance is at a landing. There do not appear to be any hostiles topside at this moment, so let's get in gear

Thrice Dead Cat
2009-11-03, 09:42 PM
"Oh, nice to meet you, Samael. Hopefully we'll be as successful as you in future endeavors."

"Oh, an entrance! We had best get moving before something worse appears."

nakuni
2009-11-03, 09:44 PM
After finishing up gathering reagents from the lizard folk and ogre mage, Gerbin packs up his lab and finally notices the new guy.
"Oh, hello, nice to meet you. Names Gerbin."
around this time Gerbin realizes how much that cone of coldness hurt
"Ouchies, I have frostburn in some very uncomfortable places"
Gerbin uncorks a potion bottle and quafs the contents
cure light wounds
[roll0]
"ok, with a little more healing I will be more than ok to continue on, just lead the way"

BSPiotr
2009-11-03, 10:16 PM
/spend 2 charges from saved charges, heal 30 hitpoints Gerbin.

Glimbur
2009-11-03, 10:17 PM
"Are we all flight-capable, or will we be required to enter via the stairs?"

Hyooz
2009-11-03, 10:51 PM
Samael hung his head. "I, unfortunately, cannot fly, so if the rest of us are able, I'm afraid I will be the limiting factor of all this."

BSPiotr
2009-11-03, 11:00 PM
"We will need to most likely need to use the stairs, unless we have enough pitons to scale the mound. The best I can do is try and shatter our way there."

Spate
2009-11-04, 01:25 AM
I can shuttle us to and fro, as long as no one weighs too much

Hyooz
2009-11-04, 01:36 PM
"If there are stairs, though, we should use those maybe?" Samael puzzled to himself. "We should be able to walk right up to the entrance just fine, unless we want to swim down into the water coming out?"

BSPiotr
2009-11-04, 05:51 PM
"We should probably just use the stairs. I dont think that shuttling people is a good idea if there are any more challenges like this one we just had. Unless we have enough fliers to get us all in one time, I say we go stairway! Onward!" Johan starts marching slowly towards the stairs (re: normal entrance), obviously knowing that moving too far away from the group would be a bad idea.

Thrice Dead Cat
2009-11-04, 06:10 PM
"We should probably just use the stairs. I dont think that shuttling people is a good idea if there are any more challenges like this one we just had. Unless we have enough fliers to get us all in one time, I say we go stairway! Onward!" Johan starts marching slowly towards the stairs (re: normal entrance), obviously knowing that moving too far away from the group would be a bad idea.

"Wait, Johan! We should proceed with caution. There still exits a decent chance that there are remaining traps down there.

At the entrance, Mal will investigate to insure the safety of the party.

Search! - OOC: Actually, I'll just take 10 for 27.

Averagedog
2009-11-04, 06:35 PM
Mal peers down the depths of the tunnel in front of him. There are no torches in the tunnel as it is very very wet, At the end of the tunnel very far in, Mal could see a glimmer of light. An ominous low rumbling shakes the ground slightly.

Hyooz
2009-11-04, 08:27 PM
"Kind of dark, allow me to show off a little." Turning down the dark hallway, Samael focused for a moment, and a floating glowing circle formed around him, slowly taking form into a ring blade, with large, pointed serrations pointing inward. He gestured slightly, and the ring broke into individual sections, forming behind him into a wide, psionic mouth of shark teeth.

"My mindblade will give us at least some light." (OOC: A torch worth, i believe) "Allow me to lead the way, if no one minds."

Thrice Dead Cat
2009-11-04, 08:32 PM
"My mindblade will give us at least some light." (OOC: A torch worth, i believe) "Allow me to lead the way, if no one minds."

"Interesting! Thank you for the light, but the early years of my tutelage gave me some extraordinary benefits: I can see almost perfectly even without ambient light, much like the lizardfolk who may inhabit these regions."

"Still, there is a faint glow down there. I could take point and try to investigate, but odds are whomever may be down there would catch on, sadly. If anyone else can hide, I would appreciate the company, otherwise, we should proceed together."

Spot, since you mentioned there being light. OOC: I have Darkvision 60ft and low-light vision due to being Draconic - [roll0]

BSPiotr
2009-11-04, 10:33 PM
"Very well, I will take up near the rear with a second light source"

/Daylight
(60 ft daylight + 60ft dim)

((Yay at will))

Thrice Dead Cat
2009-11-04, 10:36 PM
"Onward then?" Mal will begin to descend the staircase.

Averagedog
2009-11-04, 10:37 PM
Even with above human vision abilities, the distance is too far to really see much more. The rumbling persists, maybe its getting louder? your not really too sure.

Glimbur
2009-11-04, 10:38 PM
"Hey you. You need protection from friendly fire."

I'll cast Endure Exposure until it doesn't fail, then apply it to Hyooz's new character.

Thrice Dead Cat
2009-11-04, 10:47 PM
Even with above human vision abilities, the distance is too far to really see much more. The rumbling persists, maybe its getting louder? your not really too sure.

Mal will continue down the tunnel, then, trying to take cover to obscure his presence.

Hide - [roll0]
Move Silently - [roll1]

If needed
Spot - [roll2]
Listen - [roll3]

OOC: Note to self: take ten in the future.

nakuni
2009-11-04, 10:51 PM
Gerbin puts his crossbow away and pulls out his shield and everburning torch.
"ooo, its dark down here, is that moss over there?"
Gerbin is following along, but he is also randomly taking samples of various cave ecology. He is off in his own little world yet again, he occasionally mutters phrases under his breath along the lines of "hmm, that may explode when mixed with..." and "I don't recall finding this in blueberry flavor before"

Averagedog
2009-11-04, 10:54 PM
Mal gets about halfway down the tunnel after about a minute of sneaking when suddenly the rumbling gets much much louder. Suddenly the rumbling becomes a roar and the water level suddenly increases. At the end of the tunnel still al ittle ways off, you can see a huge torrent of water entering the tunnel water level rising to cover the entire thing to the top. You suddenly notice a small alcove to your left a bloated dwarf corpse wedged inside of it. You think there is enough room for you to fit as well.

Thrice Dead Cat
2009-11-04, 11:02 PM
OOC: I'm assuming the water is coming from above my current position but from below the rest of the party's.

"Sorry, pal, but only one of us is going to get out here still breathing," Mal says as he jumps into the alcove where the dead dwarf was once. "Hopefully, that water isn't coming from a river or an uncontrolled decanter."

Averagedog
2009-11-04, 11:05 PM
Mal squeezes into the small alcove just as a blast of water shoots past him and continues down the tunnel. The water pressure is so high that the water is not even filling up the alcove he is in.

Meanwhile, at the entrance to the tunnel, the players there hear and most likely see a huge torrent of water coming for them. Unless if they could fly more than 10 feet straight up(with one standard action which everyone will have to react with), everyone on the platform will be struck by the water and washed down the stairs in a heap.

Fortitude save DC 15 for half damage.

Hyooz
2009-11-04, 11:12 PM
Samael slides suddenly to one side, 15ft up the dungeon wall as the water rushes headlong at him.

Glimbur
2009-11-04, 11:29 PM
I breathe a cone of ice at the water.

nakuni
2009-11-04, 11:31 PM
Gerbin, unfortunately is still off in his little world, fairly unaware of his impending doom. When he does finally notice the wave of water he is thinking about oddly flavored reagents, as he notices the water, all he can think to do is flavor the water. Gerbin casts prestidigitation and does his best to make the water coming towards him taste like blueberry.

Stompy
2009-11-04, 11:33 PM
Marcius "Moses"es the water with a steak knife.

Averagedog
2009-11-04, 11:35 PM
Johan goes with his crazy plan and succeeds!!!!!! official DM endorsement.

BSPiotr
2009-11-04, 11:35 PM
"Make Whole!"
Johan casts this on the ice flow as it hits Stompy's sword, trying to stop it from cracking and breaking and making an "ice shield" to hopefully deflect the water.

"make whole completely repairs an object made of any substance, even one with multiple breaks, to be as strong as new"
50 cubic feet (~ 5 squares)

Averagedog
2009-11-04, 11:39 PM
The water flows around and over the ice shield. The shield does not break. The inhabitants of the shieldgloo hears a thump as a grotesque body of a dwarf smacks into and explodes onto the ice like a bug on a windshield then is washed away. After several minutes, the water subsides. It doesn't take much for the party to breakout to freedom.

Stompy notices that the steak knife seems to feel more natural in his hands.

Mal is safe and fine. The water slowed down to the trickle. There are no sounds of guards and the lights are still visible ahead.

edit:

XP gained: 500

Glimbur
2009-11-05, 10:38 AM
"See team? We just need to chill out and we can solve any problem. Let's go find our missing member."

Hyooz
2009-11-05, 01:19 PM
Samael slid back down and moved quickly down the hallway (OOC: move speed of 55ft right now, btw) looking for Mal. "I'll go on ahead."

Thrice Dead Cat
2009-11-05, 02:45 PM
"I always seem to forgot about those pressure plates." Mal pauses briefly to compose himself, removing stray bites of mud and dorf grim from his clothing before calling back to the rest of the party. "The coast seems to be clear further down. I suspect most traps would have already been set off by the rush of water."

BSPiotr
2009-11-05, 04:27 PM
"Alright, lets go."
Johan makes up the back of the group with his daylight spell as the group goes forward into the cave tunnel.

Averagedog
2009-11-05, 05:28 PM
Samael hears Mal's voice echo down. It takes about 5 minutes for the rest of the party to be reunited in the tunnel. After a few more minutes the party approaches the room beyond. From your view all of you can see Torches in a large square like chamber up ahead. You can see what looks like a small waterfall with a flickering light behind it. The water flows down the tunnel you guys are climbing up but at a slow and sluggish pace that doesn't hinder anyone, not even the gnome. Upon closer inspection the floor actually deepens int he center of the room, how much, no one is actually sure.

Spate
2009-11-05, 06:06 PM
Kratox flies over the water, and looks to see if he can judge how deep it is.

Spot: [roll0]

Averagedog
2009-11-05, 06:55 PM
As Spate flies over the water, a huge(long) serpentine dragon jumps out of the water from its depths (move action) and attempts to grapple spate, with its mouth to pull him underwater for good eatings. (standard action)

Melee Touch Attack:
[roll0]

Melee grapple:
[roll1]

Roll Initiative
[roll2]

Hyooz
2009-11-05, 07:16 PM
"Whoa, dragon-thing!" Samael's mindblade swirled into existence, and he struck a low stance. (Punishing Stance to be precise: -2 to my AC, +1d6 to all my attacks)

Init 1: [roll0]
Init 2: [roll1]

BSPiotr
2009-11-05, 07:18 PM
"By the Iron-God!"

[roll0]

Stompy
2009-11-05, 08:01 PM
KD-arcana? on the huge serpentine water dragon (http://operatingthetan.deviantart.com/art/Gyarados-Off-Kanagawa-39525913): [roll0]
Initiative: (higher than yours :smallbiggrin:) [roll1]
Crusader manuevers:

Take the first three numbers and they are the maneuvers I can use this turn.
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
Where:
Foehammer = 1
Mountain Hammer = 2
Crusader's Strike = 3
Stone Bones = 4

Crusader Stance: Bolstering Voice
(+2 morale bonus on will saves, becomes +4 if it's a fear effect for everyone that can hear me.)

Spate
2009-11-05, 08:06 PM
Hey guys, I think I see so-
Grapple: 1d20+12
Initiative: 1d20+5

Spate
2009-11-05, 08:07 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

Thrice Dead Cat
2009-11-05, 08:17 PM
"[Expletive deleted]!"

Initiative 1 - 1d20+10/[rollv]
Initiative 2 - [rollv]1d20+10/[rollv]

Knowledge: Arcana - [roll0]

EDIT: Screwed up init, rolls done below

[rollv]1d20+10
1d20+10

Thrice Dead Cat
2009-11-05, 08:18 PM
OOC: You know, Dice Roller, one of these days...

[roll0]
[roll1]

nakuni
2009-11-05, 09:13 PM
"hmm, thats really something... I always wondered what he tasted like"
initiative
[roll0]
knowledge check to identify the thing
[roll1]

Glimbur
2009-11-06, 09:20 AM
I initiate on a [roll0]

Averagedog
2009-11-06, 01:30 PM
The the sound of a Giant Nom, the Water Dragon clamps down on Kratox's body in mid-air. Kratox spread's his legs and reaches up to grab the dragon's teeth before it could crush him in its grip and pushed with all his might to prevent from being crushed. Both the Water Dragon and the Half Dragon Orc fall into the water below.....

The Water Dragon is currently 5 feet underwater. instead of traditional water rules I rule the following: For every 5 feet of underwater distance, the range increment of ranged spells or attacks are decreased by 5 feet per 5 feet distance in the water. In addition any ranged attack to the beast in the water suffer a -2 penalty per 5 feet distance underwater. Spells such as magic missiles can pierce the depths so long as the caster can see the dragon. The Dragon is only visible in the water up to 10 feet deepness. If a daylight spell is present the light pierces the deep up to 30 feet deep. For every 5 feet underwater, the Waterdragon gains a + 2 dodge bonus to AC vs all ranged attacks. Area spells such as Evard's black tentacles has no effect underwater but could be cast on the surface. The Dragon does not suffer from the same penalties the PCs will.

Initiative Order
Thrice Dead Cat: 23 <--------------|Current Turn|
Hyoooooz: 17
Spate: 15
BSPiotr: 11
Glimbur: 8
Nakuni: 7
Stompy 3
Water Dragon: 2

Thrice Dead Cat
2009-11-06, 02:24 PM
OOC: Could we get a map for this fight? I'm a little worried about spacing with the added dimensions.

Mal rushes up to the edge of the pool of water, peering into the depths, firing a large ball of fibers into the water below.

Web, aiming to hit the BBED down there. Sadly, Kratox will also be in the area of effect, but we need to buy time somehow.

Reflex Save DC 18

EDIT: Missed the note about being able to hit under water.

Spate
2009-11-06, 02:52 PM
Reflex save:[roll0]

I also have evasion!

Hyooz
2009-11-06, 04:48 PM
Samael rushed along the wall, to the point where his new comrade had vanished beneath the surface. Turning quick, he just made it to the top center of the hallway before slowing to a stop, and kicking off the ceiling to dive into the water below, after the monstrous beast that had just attacked. His psionic devices flashed and his muscled coarsed with energy as he dove, calling out just before submerging. "Thrash, Kisame!" His mindblade surged with energy, glowing bright just before he struck.

Quicken Manifest Animal Affinity for +4 Str (7 PP cost)

Activate maneuver Ruby Nightmare Blade.

Concentration Check (If this beats the creatures AC, do double damage): [roll0]

Attack Roll: [roll1]
Damage Roll: [roll2] + [roll3] (Double if concentration check hits his AC; crit threat on 17-20)

Regain 2 PP. 5 PP left.

Concentration check to try to regain psionic focus (expended for +1d6 to damage): [roll4]

Averagedog
2009-11-06, 05:00 PM
Even though Samael is stuck in the web as well, his blow hit the surprised dragon right across its face. Despite the damage, the Dragon keeps a firm grip on Kratox.

Initiative Order
Thrice Dead Cat: 23
Hyoooooz: 17
Spate: 15 <--------------|Current Turn|
BSPiotr: 11
Glimbur: 8
Nakuni: 7
Stompy 3
Water Dragon: 2 Damage Taken: 54

------------------------------------------------------------------

After a failed Massive Damage check, Apparently, Samael's Mindblade struck deeper than anyone has thought (especially the Dragon). The Dragon goes into death convulsions as its brain realizes that that it has lost all cognitive thought. During these death throes, both Kratox and Samael are thrown onto dry(ish) land. The body of the dragon sinks into the water and starts to descend....

XP: level 8: 4,114 Level 7: 4,600

Treasure: TripleStandard Start looking for it :D.

nakuni
2009-11-06, 06:42 PM
Gerbin looks at the mighty warrior with new found respect.
"Wow, I've never seen someone take down one of what ever that thing was in so few hits. Hmm, do you think you could dredge the carcass up for me? I would like to get some samples."

Hyooz
2009-11-06, 07:05 PM
"Gladly. I may take some of it's teeth as a trophy myself... however, if any of the more magically inclined among us could help me to breathe down there, that would help. I am a strong swimmer, but who knows how deep this goes if a beast like that was living below."

Samael allows his mindblade to fade, taking a few moments as he floats there to refocus and recoup. (OOC: Expending psionic focus to regain expended maneuvers then concentrating to regain psionic focus.)

Glimbur
2009-11-06, 10:36 PM
"Retrieving corpse, once a waterproof light source is provided."

I can fly (and swim) and don't need to breathe, so I'll drop the tower shield, pull a dagger, and begin hacking the corpse into manageable pieces once I get a Light or similar.

Averagedog
2009-11-06, 10:56 PM
1 hour later.......

You guys have successfully dragged out the huge corpse and cut it into manageable pieces. Curiously though a thin circular shaped cloth was found wrapped in a ball in a large acid proofed leather bag next to another smaller bag that is tightly closed.

Hyooz
2009-11-06, 11:02 PM
Samael wrests free a couple of larger teeth, pushing them through choice areas of his robe to decorate nicely. "I shall have to give these a more permanent home later."

nakuni
2009-11-06, 11:08 PM
Gerbin's eyes light up as he begins to extract samples from the carcass.
"After I finish getting reagents out of this thing, would anyone like one of my patented mystery burgers?"
alchemy check to get reagents
[roll0]

EDIT: 19 reagents were collected

nakuni
2009-11-06, 11:32 PM
Gerbin takes this time to brew up some acid/alchemist frost/alchemist shock/alchemist fire. Taking a 10 on the check.

[roll0]

BSPiotr
2009-11-07, 01:41 AM
I shenanigans light from my perma-daylight as necessary, for further reference
I'll take a look inside the round cloth (apparently recognizing what it really is from shawn's post)

"Hmm I seem to recognize this material... I wonder...."

Thrice Dead Cat
2009-11-07, 01:42 AM
"Oh, phew... That, that was well done, sir! I must say, it is wonderfully that we have such a person on our side, least we lose another ally in such quick succession. Bravo!" Mal says with great relief, falling back to sit down near the water.

"You know, it is quite serene down here now that that beast is gone." Mal pauses for a second, knowing he is sadly unable to assist anyone with the recapture of the dragon today. "Oh, we should probably doublecheck to insure there aren't more of these creatures around. When you manage to bring it up onto land, please allow me to examine it for eggs."

Spate
2009-11-07, 01:44 AM
Ugh, that'll teach me to look over pools...

BSPiotr
2009-11-07, 01:49 AM
((I know its OOC but god damn it this is the best counter-line!

"No it wont, I will make sure of it! Dominate!"))

Averagedog
2009-11-07, 01:53 AM
Johan unfolds the black cloth, then carefully flattens it out on a nearby wall. The cloth suddenly expands then opens into a room. The room is much larger than a normal portable hole. The room Johan sees is essentially a sitting room complete with several comfortable sofas and chairs and even an obsidian fireplace with a magical fire in it. In the back of the room is a set of double doors. Through these doors is another chamber with 8 doors and stairs leading down in the center. upon inspecting these rooms, most of them are storage rooms, one of them is a luxurious bedroom, and 2 of them appear to be guest bedrooms. One of the other rooms appears to be a full arcane/alchemical lab fully stocked.

Down the stairs is a large cavernous chamber. A large hill of gold and gems takes up most of this room. In the back of this room is a large stone door and a rather ornate door next to it. Through the ornate door is an art gallery. In this art gallery there is also a scabbard, next to that is a stand with a very Ornate Bow with 2 hafts crossed over at the center. There are two crossing bow strings and a circular opening in the center .on it that appears to glow of its own volition. Inside the room with the stone door are corpses of dead adventurers, frozen solid. Most of them look mummified and are thus perfectly preserved and centuries old. One of the dead frozen bodies wears a necklace of prayer beads.

BSPiotr
2009-11-07, 02:32 AM
"My word... this appears to be a portable hole... no... a portable fortress!

AND FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, DO NOT BRING IN ANY BAGS OF HOLDING OR OTHER PORTABLE HOLES (This means check that other bag, plox, seriously, ZOMGDOITORILLKILLYOU)

I believe we should get inventory of all of these things... But do be careful of the mummies - I realize the ice dragon probably ate them ((borrow from someone elses KN check)), but you never know when they might pop up, and attack you in the face! ((obviously knows nothing about undead! Yay!))...

Alrighty then... I have had experience with these types of objects before - I once had a setup very similar to this one... Had several ornate rugs ((rhino skins)) and a well crafted chest holding my dearest posessions ((widened fireball trap, resetting)).... and a most wonderful fresh smelling of air ((cheese making machine hooked up to a bottle of air)). I even had a most wonderful entry and exit system ((10 ft ladder)). But this... this is astounding!

We will need several things, to insure safety:

1) Find out the air supply, which I will do so now
((Johan finds a closet, which holds several bottles of air, connected to an apparatus that sucks the air out of them and distributes it to the other rooms in the fortress/home. It is beyond several layers of protection ((AMF, Forcewall behind that, NE field beyond that. I.e. dont steal the bottles because its a trade I did instead of having a portal to the plane of air (bad idea)))

"Well!, it seems someone got to it first! What you are seeing here is the latest central bottle of air conditioning system, complete with its own thermostat! At least... thats what the card says on the wall... Does not seem like we'll suffocate in here, no sirrey."

Johan takes a tour inside the hole, and reports:

"Seems like we have personal rooms for everyone. One of them can even be converted into what appears to be a torture chamber, should we ever need such an atrocious thing... I recommend that the leader gets the master bedroom, though all are quite luxurious. We even have a store room!

2) We will need to take inventory, clean this place top to bottom ((Shawn, commence searching! Search: [roll0] ))

3) We will need to fortify the entrance against intruders. I have just the plan, but it will take time, so bear with me

((Seriously I have a plan, we can talk if you have ideas, but I'll detail it once we get to high enough level to make it happen))

4) I will personally make sure that we know if anyone else knows of this place."

Johan takes out a quill, ink, and parchment, and tapes this message to the front wall after the entrance of the hole.
It reads:

Dear previous resident,
If you still inhabit this place, please leave you name and contact information so that we may contact you about the stuff we took. Please remember to always lock your doors securely in case of thieves!
Always a pleasure,
Johan Jonas, Favored Soul of St. Cuthbert~

"5) Now then. I am not one to propose anyone as a leader, but I would express the desire to carry this portable hole with me. I know how to use it, and have used such things in the past effectively, in another time. Back before I had such an iron-farming halo above my head, I would use it to fly across ravines and battle the most strange of obstacles.... damn that 4th dimensional worm... I know I can't yet do those same things... but I surely take this as a sign that perhaps good old St. Cuthbert has not forgotten about me even on this world where he does not seem to exist... I wonder...

Johan paces near the entrance after searching the place for loots and other weird stuffs. He seems ready to control this item like he's always been able to.

"Oh one more thing... if you ever see a small blue bat-like creature, or alternatively a small yellow creature with a pot on its head... don't kill it. Let me know... Its.... important..."

Upon exiting to check the hole itself...
"Oh interesting... seems I can tell where it is now... a faint outline appears... I'm afraid our torture chamber will be much more... murderous..."

((DC 30 spot check to see dime after 10 seconds (~2 rounds) unless you know of it))

IMPORTANT
((Okay folks, I think I described most things about this thing, so have at the loot.

1) DM, post what loot we can find, assuming we take rolls now (and most likely 20 later)
2) Do not bring in bags of holding or I will murder you. Repeatedly. And I'm honest AND polite.
3) I'm not going to vie for the head bedroom, I feel that asking to take care of this hole is a pretty big thing in of itself. For those that played with me before, they know the kind of **** I can pull with these kinds of items (I was probably second behind Ian and his Spelljammer crazyness). If you feel that I cannot be trusted with this item, let me know and we can draw straws or something. Do note that I will nearly always let you use it - its a community fortress, I'm just asking to hold onto it.
4) Read for a slight backstory on my Touralis self =)
5) Posted with DM description, permission pending but I would doubt its unallowed.))

Averagedog
2009-11-07, 02:44 AM
phat lewts: (assuming you guys have identify and detect magic up and you guys made a thorough search.

Magical Items:
Strand of Prayer Beads, Standard (off of the dead adventurer)
33,687 gold pieces

Scabbard of Keen Edges: 15,000 gold

ART
a string of small pink pearls (4,908.6 gp)
belt buckle, decorated with brown-green garnets (1,070.6 gp)
bizarre idol, made of jet (279 gp)
choker, wrought silver, with a small sapphire pendant (696.9 gp)
electrum ring encrusted with brown diamond stones (3,684.5 gp)
electrum ring encrusted with pink diamond stones (4,316 gp)
extremely rare nightmarish idol (3,268.1 gp)
false hand, solid silver, with ivory nails (79.4 gp)
fire opal pendant on a fine gold chain (1,618 gp)
gold anklet with pearls, garnets & spinels (4,188.3 gp)
gold anklet with pearls, garnets & spinels (926.7 gp)
gold medallion with blue star sapphire gemstone (1,293.6 gp)
golden flask, inlaid with silver designs (664.2 gp)
intricate coral phylactery (1,915.1 gp)
jewelled anklet (4,370.1 gp)
large, well-done wool tapestry, depicting a tragic event (601.4 gp)
necklace of ancient pierced coins (624 gp)
old masterpiece painting (1,579.4 gp)
polished electrum mirror, elven visage on the back (125.3 gp)
silver & gold lock and key (428.1 gp)
silver finger sheath with ivory nail (1,154.9 gp)
silver-plated steel longsword with jet jewel in hilt (93.5 gp)
small painting, a hero's exploits (182.1 gp)
wrought gold eating utensils (76.7 gp)

WEAPON

****** X-Bow, "The **** ******"
Price: 86,500 gold
Aura: Strong, Evocation

Description:
*********+2 Keen Composite X-bow(not cross bow)********************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *************************

BSPiotr
2009-11-07, 03:00 AM
"As a matter of poignancy, I pass on the prayer beads... I find my new powers seem to have these abilities mirrored into them. Perhaps someone else can use them?"

Glimbur
2009-11-07, 11:17 AM
"As party leader, this unit should be quartered in the master bedroom. But the strand of prayer beads would not help in diplomacy, so they may be passed on to another."

Thrice Dead Cat
2009-11-07, 04:29 PM
"As party leader, this unit should be quartered in the master bedroom. But the strand of prayer beads would not help in diplomacy, so they may be passed on to another."

"Not to be rude, but do you even need to sleep Breathe-of-Fire Friend?

Glimbur
2009-11-07, 04:30 PM
"That is immaterial. The Team Leader must be shown respect."

Hyooz
2009-11-07, 04:38 PM
"I say the guy who just slayed a dragon in one blow is the leader. Who was that again?"

nakuni
2009-11-07, 05:16 PM
Gerbin rushes in (leaving his handy haversack outside). He goes into the lab and starts checking out the quality of he lab (is it a mundane lab for the normal bonus?). After a couple minutes, he pokes his head out the door and says "Dibs on this room."

I will take this opportunity to search the lab area for anything that has already been brewed up.
[roll0] searching lab.

Averagedog
2009-11-07, 05:23 PM
Nakuni finds out that this lab is well stocked with many substances most of which he has never even seen!!!!!! He finds 5 dragon's breathe elixirs for every chromatic head, some alchemists fires, acid flasks, cold flasks, thunder balls, rock candy, sovereign glue, a flask containing lava, ... (5 of each of the elemental items. (this lab gives a + 6 bonus to alchemy checks)

BSPiotr
2009-11-07, 08:19 PM
"Very well. Once everyone has had a chance to drop off their stuff, we should get moving. Still need that crystal. Oh, and handy haversacks should be fine, just dont open them inside."

Glimbur
2009-11-08, 12:00 AM
"In the interest of preserving party unity, and in light of the fact that our leader does not actually need to sleep, the dragonslayer has this unit's support to have the master bedroom."

Spate
2009-11-09, 02:43 PM
He's got my support too. If it weren't for him I'd be lunch.

Hyooz
2009-11-09, 03:06 PM
"Is it decided then? I doubt the other rooms are terrible." Samael stretched a bit, looking around. "Are we going to take a nap now? I'm only slightly spent, and I doubt our construct friend is too worse for wear. As long as we keep the... hole with us we can always rest later."

nakuni
2009-11-09, 04:27 PM
Gerbin takes all of the dragon's breath elixers and all the alchemists flasks and acid and stores them in his handy haversack (he takes them outside and puts them in).
"Well, I was running a little low, but I brewed some flasks up while you were dredging the dragon and I have a new lab that had some provisions for me so I'm good for a few more fights. Though, I'll always take any time you are willing to give me for brewing."

Glimbur
2009-11-11, 04:57 PM
"The party leader declares that we shall exit this wondrous domicile and explore further."

Stompy
2009-11-11, 09:07 PM
:smalleek: (In character face, as he thinks "He just did the impossible!")

Well, if that is the receptionist, I'd hate to see the conference rooms. Let's make sure that the reckless forces of fire and chaos don't harm us.

*use prayer beads: karma*

Spellcraft DC 18
Resist Fire, mass.
Everyone in the party takes 30 less damage per fire attack.
CL 12. Lasts 120 minutes.
Spellcraft DC 18
Magic Circle vs. Chaos.
Me and people within 10' of me get a +2 deflection AC and +2 resistance vs. chaotic creatures/effects, no chaotic possession, chaotic summons cannot enter without a SR check.
CL 13 (law domain). Lasts 130 minutes.

...and in case we need it, may Wee Jas protect you from the potential peril of the other two rooms.

Cast on Mal ((Thrice Dead Cat))
Spellcraft DC 16
Shield of Faith
You have a +4 deflection bonus to AC.
CL 12. Lasts 12 minutes.

Thrice Dead Cat
2009-11-11, 09:34 PM
...and in case we need it, may Wee Jas protect you from the potential peril of the other two rooms.

Spellcraft Checks - With +19, everything's good on my end.

"Oh, yes, please, let me leave the ring behind before we head out." Mal will set the ring down on the nearest table towards the exit. "Whatever may have corrupted the ring does not seem to have an effect in here, but I don't want to take any chances outside.

"Well, time to get down to business then! Head left, about a minute behind me, less if you hear noise."

Hide [roll0]
Move Silently [roll1]
Spot (as needed) [roll2]
Listen (as needed) [roll3]
Search (Mostly doorways, anything less that piques interest) -Taking ten for 27.

Averagedog
2009-11-11, 11:16 PM
To the left of the chamber with the now bloody underground lake is a hallway that eventually branches to the left. Looking down that corridoor reveals a set of spiral stairs going down from your vantage point at the intersection. Continuing down the hall is what appears to be a kitchen judging from the angry hissing and sounds of pots and pans as well as knives. There is a large meatlocker looking door on the wall to the right of it though. You don't feel like anyone's seen or heard you that is unfriendly.

Glimbur
2009-11-12, 10:52 AM
"Let us investigate the meat locker, as soon as I recalibrate my resistive matrix."

I'm changing out my personal Energy Resistance to cold instead of fire.

nakuni
2009-11-12, 11:16 AM
Gerbin mutters to himself "ooo, kitchens can hold some neat things" and begins to search around for neat things.
search check
[roll0]

edit: He is not doing this just yet, he will wait until he hears that the coast is clear

Glimbur
2009-11-12, 11:30 AM
I walk up to the meat locker and open it.

Averagedog
2009-11-12, 11:32 AM
This rather large and extremely cold room is obviously a store room complete with barrels, heavy stone shelves, boxes, and meat hooks for salted meats. Curiously, the door itself was created in a way that would prevent any air from outside of the room from getting in through the cracks. You can find salted meats, dry grains, rations, dried fruits, salted fish, and a few torso’s, heads, and limbs on the shelves of humanoid races all quartered and cut expertly with the fat sliced off. The gear on these former adventurers are no where to be seen. There are no supplies on the floor save a small barrel in the center with inscriptions in draconic

for draconic reading folk:
“Xilith’s Mead! Don’t Touch!!!”

Glimbur
2009-11-12, 11:35 AM
"Looks to be a food storage area. Boring. Let us adventure to something else!"

nakuni
2009-11-12, 11:46 AM
Without fully thinking through the possible dangers of this room, Gerbin wanders into the meat locker and begins searching around. He takes a few samples of the various "meats" and anything else he can find of interest. He then examines the barrel. He mutters to himself "hmm, mead, we could all use a pick me up... and whats left over can be salvaged for brewing." He makes sure that the lid is on tight, then begins trying to move the barrel out of the room.

Averagedog
2009-11-12, 11:53 AM
Gerbin finds several pearls each worth 100 gold (6 of them) and a goblet that seems to fill with ale on command.

When gerbin pulls on the barrel he realizes that it is fake just as he pulls it. He hears a lever being pulled from the bottom of the barrel and he hears the door lock in more than 6 places. A green substance starts to pour from the top shelf filling the floor with the goop. Gerbin needs a fortitude save.

Round 1: the goo has filled the room up to 3 feet.

nakuni
2009-11-12, 12:28 PM
"ooo, more reagents.... this may be more that what I originally wanted"

alchemy check to identify goo
[roll0]

"hmm, this barrel may be of more use than I originally thought"
Gerbin tosses a bomb at the door and seals himself inside the barrel in the hopes that the door will be weakened and his party members will know he is in danger... or at least try to get to him to smack him upside the head for giving away their position.

damage from bomb
[roll1]

Hyooz
2009-11-12, 01:59 PM
Samael started when the door slammed shut, and hearing the familiar sound of bolts latching in stone, he rushed at the door. "This... will not be easy to get through." He stepped back, deciding it would be better to act immediately rather than think on what to do for too long, and focused. Ectoplasmic ooze began to seep from his fingertips, hitting the floor and forming itself into roughly the shape of a quadraped, as the ooze stopped, the construct launched itself a the door and began beating on it. Samael drew his mindblade and joined in. (OOC: next round his attacks can start, construct attacks immediately)

Manifesting Astral Construct (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/astralConstruct.htm), using 8 PP to summon a level 5 construct (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/monsters/astralConstruct.htm) with Improved Slam Attack and Power Attack from Menu A, and Muscle from Menu B.

Construct power attacks the door for full.

Damage: [roll0]

Averagedog
2009-11-12, 02:04 PM
the party hears angry shouts as 5 angry lizard folk cooks come out of the kitchen. One of them wields a giant wooden spoon (not artifact, sorry stompy). The door took substantial damage there are some cracks forming.

surprisingly the cook speaks in common. "Who the he!! are you adventurers and why are you attacking MY storeroom?" the lizardfolk posse stands in front of the door next to the golem construct brandishing meat cleavers menacingly but are not advancing.

Glimbur
2009-11-12, 02:39 PM
"This storeroom has attacked our companion. We are attempting to rescue him."

I stand ready to use Slow Breath on the cooks should they act in a hostile manner. Sadly, fire and cold do not do very much against doors.

Averagedog
2009-11-12, 04:16 PM
"Preposterous" says the lead cook complete with a bloody cook's hat, "There is nothing in there except for our ingredients unless....." His eyes literally appear to pop out for a brief second as something dawns to his mind. "Tell me automaton, does your friend like to open forbidden objects?"

Hyooz
2009-11-12, 04:50 PM
"He is a gnome... You lot are awfully calm for a group that has just encountered a bunch of intruders."

Averagedog
2009-11-13, 08:17 AM
"Ahhhh that explains it, well...if I were you guys, I'd take a step back. You, assistants, brace yourselves against the door." Minions comply.

"We have made the assumption that you are minions of the Great Blue Dragon as well. Afterall, why would he have let you all live? The thought of his destruction is rediculous to us" The main cook spoke. he takes a step back from the others and pulls out a fancy looking cigar from a pocket and lights it for a good one. "We cooks have decided to serve the dragon instead of the shaman.... ever since he got a hold of that crystal, all we've had was bad news. The Dragon claims that it is an artifact of ancient power. He decided to serve our "master" until he could kill him and get his claws on it. He promised that if we served him faithfully he could use the abilities of the crystal to transform us into "higher beings" as he called it.
He rewarded me several years ago by using a magical tome he came by. Ever since then, my mental clarity has increased leading me to my position as head cook."

Gerbin
You feel your container lift off of the ground and rocket up to float above something.

Hyooz
2009-11-13, 12:06 PM
"Actually, you're right." Samael quipped, halting his construct. "We encountered the Blue Dragon recently, and he has sent us ahead to weaken the shaman's forces for him. We are to delve as deep as we can and retrieve the crystal if possible."

Glimbur
2009-11-13, 12:12 PM
"Yes, all hail the Blue Dragon. On an unrelated note, why are you bracing against that door? We would like to recover our gnomish companion."

Also, Sense Motive [rollv]1d20+16[rollv] on the cooks.

Glimbur
2009-11-13, 12:19 PM
[roll0] for that Sense Motive.

Averagedog
2009-11-13, 01:12 PM
"Well.... you see.... about that.....-"

Suddenly the door of the storeroom bursts open and a torrent of greenish slimey ooze spills out in a cube. The lizardfolk that were bracing against the door are immediately consumed by the mass. Everyone watches in horror as their mass is converted into more goo.... Inside of the giant ooze monster (Huge size) is a rather large barrel floating around. The weapons and armor of the cook are not dissolved but seem to be stuck to the creature in its many folds of goo.

"Abscond! Abscond!!!!!!" the lizard cook yells, "Its the green horror!!!!" the cook runs, alone since his fellows were eaten, into the kitchen.

roll initiative. The ooze got a -6

Hyooz
2009-11-13, 01:37 PM
Inititive1: [roll0]
Initiative 2: [roll1]

Glimbur
2009-11-13, 01:38 PM
[roll0]

"An entangling breath weapon alone should be sufficient for the destruction of this. Advise the party to stand back."

nakuni
2009-11-13, 01:38 PM
initiative
[roll0]
"gurggle splorch"

BSPiotr
2009-11-13, 01:52 PM
"Oh my..."
init:[roll0]

Spate
2009-11-13, 03:00 PM
I am not eating their cooking...