PDA

View Full Version : The Banolin Chronicles (Group 2)

Pages : [1] 2

Averagedog
2009-10-24, 12:09 AM
6 Figures of various races and trades enter a large circular room from large double oors that are 15 feet tall. They are all wearing robes suitable for a desert climate over their heavily armed selves. Some carry bulging pouches filled with components, others carry little except for their blades. They all enter the room rather silent, a small glowing ring with their guild insignia on them glows green on their ring fingers. They approach an intricate design int he center of the room with complicated runes, diagrams and circles in a particular pattern. Each stand in a pre-described circle, many of the remaining empty. As the group of mercenaries ready themselves for magical transport, two new figures enter the room. One is a rather tall and thing human male wizard with a rather long nose and a pointy hat. He is rather rotund and ugly with many welts and beady eyes. He looks like he hates his job. The other is the guild lord, a Male Catfolk dressed in a disciplined fashion, saber at his side wearing the crest of the guild lord. He wears a monocle over his left eye and a and a glove on his left hand which holds a scroll. He walks over to the closest member of the group and hands them the scroll.

"After you've completed your mission, travel to the city of Nas Bangool and use the scroll whenever you need to in order to return to Banolin. Should you fail in retrieving the Crystal from the ruins and find yourselves in dire straights you can use it to escape though you may end up in any number of places." He says in a stern voice. "Should you all succeed I will pay the amount we agreed upon which is an order of 4,000 gold and the right to compete for mercenary rank 4. Good luck Order of the Trident Moon and may the unforgotten gods be with you all. Oh, one other thing watch out for possible trouble from the Advancing Flame, my spies have told me that they have learned of the same crystal's location." The Guild Lord turns to leave the room. "Malgor, you may teleport them now. Remember, this is off the books. As long as you keep your mouth shut, the flow of beauty potions will not slow until you are satisfied."

With that the runes beneath the party starts glowing a bright blue and hums softly. Then the stones themselves appear to hum in accordance to the runes in a sort of harmony. The noise gets louder and louder above the sounds of the wizard in the midst of spellcasting until it seems to get unbearable. Suddenly the party finds themselves on an old overgrown cobblestone path. Broken columns line the sides of this old road with swamplands and overhanging drooping trees beyond. Up one path you can see sand dunes through the trees over a hill in the distance, Down the other path you see a large mound several miles away, the actual size and width is not clear however.

OOC: you guys are now close to the ruins in a swamp which is located in the heart of the great desert. One of you has the scroll of Banolin teleportation from NasBangool and one of you has the map of estimated positions of Nasbangool in relation to the desert and areas around.

Link to the OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7181512#post7181512)
Link to the Recruitment Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129114)

zagan
2009-10-24, 03:55 AM
Xilef his a blond haired shifter, with golden eyes, she's wearing armor made of leaves and doesn't appear armed, but a look into her eyes let you know that she can tear you appart if the need present itself.
She is looking around pleased to be back in a savage environement. Turning toward the other she ask. "So where to now ?"

MenhirRocksolid
2009-10-24, 10:35 AM
Arsz smells the air around him; Hmmmz, this be one smelly zwamp. Nice crunchy bugz everywherez be though, good eating. But anyhowz, who havez map?

FishAreWet
2009-10-24, 10:52 AM
Fannis

Fannis is beautiful. He has a strong face with high cheek bones and deep deep blue eyes. His long blonde hair reaches down his back. He is wearing a Ushanka and a green shirt. You can see a sword at his hip and armor under the shirt, and an alphorn (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Swiss_playing_an_alphorn.jpg) which is strapped to his back.

"I must say, I cannot stand this heat," he says with disdain, taking his hat and shirt off, putting them in his bag. "From looking at the map, I believe we should head towards the mound over there. Let's get going?" He begins to walk without waiting for them, smiling and whistling a tune.

Eternal Kanus
2009-10-24, 11:18 AM
Kekan

A simple human runs a hand through his hair. He bears a mischievous grin and would have been considered attractive, if not for the part-fey near him. He casually tosses as a dagger up and down as he watches the others speak, before seeing the bard detach from the group. "I think he's got the right idea. I for one would rather not stand about in a place like this." Kekan then turns and starts trying to catch up with Fannis, still tossing his dagger all the while.

zagan
2009-10-24, 12:08 PM
Xilef follow the other allong eager for a figth, she look all around them in anticipation.

I make a spot check to see anything threatening.
[roll0]

Averagedog
2009-10-24, 12:16 PM
Xilef and the gang heads down the path. After about an hour of following the long path, which has widened considerably since their landing, the large mound before them seems to grow larger and larger. At this point the party can see pieces of ancient architecture sticking out of the mound, some obviously crooked and broken, others seemingly intact. Small rivers of water can be seen flowing down teh sides from an unseen source, it looks like several more hours travel before any more details can be seen. The Foliage seems a little thicker in this area and a little darker.

Zagan
Your spot reveals a rustling of bushes about 30 feet forwards to your right. You appear to see a medium sized figure move further ahead in the foliage

zagan
2009-10-24, 12:18 PM
Seeing something in the foliage. Xilef whisper to the other. "They're something in the foliage, should we flush it out ?"

FishAreWet
2009-10-24, 12:24 PM
Fannis

"What was it exacly? Yes, I think we should." Fannis walks closer to the bush and draws his sword.

MenhirRocksolid
2009-10-24, 01:40 PM
Hmmz, it probably be nothing, except maybe nice snack?

zagan
2009-10-24, 02:23 PM
Agreing with the other Xilef will approch the last place she has seen movement and move apart the foliage.

Averagedog
2009-10-24, 02:29 PM
Suddenly a disheveled man bursts from the foliage on the path ahead. His desert robes are tattered, his reddish armor pitted, and his brown bowler hat stuck with an arrow sticking out of it. He is fair skinned, with wild blue eyes and blonde hair. In one hand he has a violin and the other, the tool needed to play it.

"Thank the gods, Guild Members! I thought I was going to die out here," he cried with relief, tears running down his cheeks.

zagan
2009-10-24, 02:37 PM
Disappoint in not finding a monster to fight, Xilef turn away to let Fannis deal with the stranger.

Seeing your diplomacy modifier, I think your are our spokesperson, FishAreWet.:smallwink:

FishAreWet
2009-10-24, 03:11 PM
Fannis

Sheathing his sword, Fannis walks to the man. My good sir, are you okay? You look terrible! What's happened to you?" Fannis walks up to pulls the arrow out of the helmet. "Now, were walking this way, why don't we walk and talk?"

Diplomancy to increase disposition if needed. [roll0]

MenhirRocksolid
2009-10-24, 04:33 PM
Arsz

Hmmmz, letz first hear out man, before we all getz fanzy arrow hat from nativez. Likely place be trapped all over the place.

Averagedog
2009-10-24, 04:37 PM
The man seems to calm down from the words of Fannis and says,

"I was the person that discovered this godforsaken place and notified the Guild Lord of a possible location of a powerful artifact within the mound. My group of fellow Archeologists decided to study the ruins further, and with our body guards we approached the damnable place. When we entered the tunnel to the complex, which rests on top of a huge flight of old broken stairs behind a statue of a giant dwarf with a Tankard, a huge torrent of water flowed down and washed us out into disarray, we were immediately attack by Lizardfolk, but these were just any normal tribe, these Lizardfolk looked more related to dragons to me, but did not have the wings or the breatheweapon. Some of them looked more wild then others..." He takes a deep breathe then continues nervously taking out a cigar to calm his nerves.

"We were then imprisoned in a horrible place within the ruins. I woke up in a dungeon where some were led off to be slaughtered for their sustenance and others were sent to see their god. I was left behind in one of the larger cells with a few of my colleagues. One of them was good at picking locks. I managed to fascinate one of the guards long enough for us to make our escape up the stairs. Unfortunately a trap was triggered and a few of my friends were killed by a swinging scythe. I managed to run back down the tunnel and make my escape into the swamp. I've been hunted for the past 2 weeks, living off of snakes, snails, and other nasty things here. I knew that someone from the guild would come eventually and I vowed I would live to see the day to share my knowledge."

He takes yet another deep breathe and runs a hand through his unkempt hair.

"Wow. That was quite a tale. Its kind of funny, when we were attacked, it was only a week before my slated day of retirement."

zagan
2009-10-24, 04:49 PM
"Oh, powerfull Lizardfolk ! I can't wait to fight them" Said Xilef with exitment.

Don't worry I won't rush into a fight if it's not necessery but I want to portray Xilef as really liking combat add to the fact that she didn't have any real good one for some time. So she's a little impatient.

FishAreWet
2009-10-24, 05:36 PM
Fannis

Looking into the man's eyes, Fannis gives him a hug. "You've had a rough couple weeks haven't you? Things are going to be okay... I'm sorry to ask you this in your time of trauma but it must be asked. How big is the hunting party? Do they normally function in the day or night? Are we safe right now?"

Eternal Kanus
2009-10-24, 11:12 PM
Kekan

As the ragged man tells his tale, Kekan's grin fades. "This is all horrible. We should do what we can to avenge this man's fallen comrades. And..." Kekan grew a new smirk. "I think your luck may be changing."

Ganurath
2009-10-24, 11:29 PM
Lutz

Lutz tilts his head at the hug, slowly bringing his rather hefty mace to bear, the design on the head a crude semblance of the eight-pronged icon on his tabard. "A believer seldoms relents in the hunt to satisfy their god. We should be on our guard."

[roll0]

Let's see if Lutz knows anything about any gods that sit at the intersection of lizardfolk, dragons, and sapient sacrifices.

Averagedog
2009-10-24, 11:42 PM
"Maybe it is changing," the man said with a wistful look in his eyes. Suddenly his eyes widened as he saw something past the party on the road towards the mound. Suddenly 6 arrows pierced his flesh at various points on his body and the man fell down dead.

Lutz's thoughts were interrupted as 8 Lizardfolk ran up from further on the path. They all wear a hodgepodge of studded leather wielding shortbows or spears. They are 60 feet away, the archers pulling their bowstrings with arrows knocked and the spear wielders standing guard.

one of the spearwielders shout, "batobot sthyr jahus vi invader, wux re invaders lae algbo ihk trespassing shafaer ofdio ordah, prepare ekess loreat!"

ROLL INITIATIVE
If you speak Draconic:
That man was a invader, you are invaders as well for trespassing on sacred ground, prepare to die!

Averagedog
2009-10-24, 11:43 PM
Lizardfolk Initiatives
Lizard 1:[17]
Lizard 2:[13]
Lizard 3:[14]
Lizard 4:[9]
Lizard 5:[7]
Lizard 6:[6]
Lizard 7:[5]
Lizard 8:[4]

MenhirRocksolid
2009-10-25, 12:03 AM
Arsz

Zi mi nugri, prepare ekess xkhat zia achthend!

For those that speak draconic: I am hungry, prepare to become my food! , further: Initiative: [roll0]

Ganurath
2009-10-25, 12:04 AM
[roll0]

None within 30 ft, so I can't initiate a duel of wills. Now, to determine my granted manuevers.

1. Crusader's Strike
2. Charging Minotaur
3. Revitalizing Strike
4. Divine Surge
5. Bonesplitting Strike

[roll1]
[roll2]

Eternal Kanus
2009-10-25, 12:23 AM
Kekan

Kekan's smirk fades as the arrows plunge into the poor soul's body. "That... was not the change I expected."

Initiative- [roll0]

FishAreWet
2009-10-25, 01:27 AM
Fannis

Hohoho, where did you boys come from? And why did you hurt this poor man? Why must you commit these vile acts?" Fannis says disappointingly. He takes the alphorn off his back.

Initiative:[roll0]
Ah, natural 20 on first initiative... this is gonna be a good game. I'm just going to take my action now, I assume no one will end up acting before me. If they do, chances are I'll keep this action.

He slowly takes a deep breath before he blows into the massive horn. The tone played is so low it's hard to hear. He and his comrades feel a rush of heat and power in there bodies. Then he draws his sword, staring down the disgusting men.

Standard: Words of Creation - Dragonfire Inspiration! I take 8(roll in OOC) nonleathal. All allies deal an extra 2d6 fire damage on ALL attacks. Song is being held in sword, lasting for 10 rounds and requiring no concentration.
Move: Draw Sword ::smallyuk:

AC 16 Touch 11 FF 15
Saves 5/4/6
39HP 31Nonleathal

Averagedog
2009-10-25, 01:53 AM
Current Initiative Order

Fannis [21]
Lizard 1:[17] Bow
Xilef [16]
Lutz [16]
Lizard 2:[13] Bow
Arsz [14]
Lizard 3:[14] Bow
Kekan [10]
Lizard 4:[9] Bow
Lizard 5:[7] Bow
Lizard 6:[6] Bow
Lizard 7:[5] Spearman
Lizard 8:[4] Spearman

Whisper Gnome: ?

Lizard 1 Fires a shot at Fannis in retaliation of the annoying sounds of the horn then moves 10 feet back.

Attack:
Damage to Fannis:

Lizard 1's arrow flies straight and true, but only grazes the bard on the arm.

zagan
2009-10-25, 03:23 AM
Xilef smiled ferraly when seeing the lizardfolk. Immediatly she called on the spirit of the tiger and change. Feeling her strength increasing, with a thought she activate her bracers and charge at the closest spearman.

Sorry, I was sleeping I live in europe so my scedule is probably a little different from yours.
Anyways rolling for initiative:
[roll0]
Seeing that I get to act now I will roll my attack in the ooc thread and edit the result here.
Edit:
Free action: I shift gaining my claw and +2 Str
Swift action: I activate my bracers
Full round action: I charge the closest spearman.
First claw:(1d20+15)[31]
Damage:(1d6+9)[11] Fire(2d6)[6] Elec(1d6)[4]
Second claw:(1d20+15)[30]
Damage:(1d6+6)[9] Fire(2d6)[2] Elec(1d6)[5]
If both claw it rending damage:(1d4+3)[4]
Now the question is was I hit by the spear ?

Stat block:
HP:55/55
Init:16
AC:19 Touch:13 Flat:16 (-2 for charging; 17, 11, 14)
Saves:10/10/6
Attack routine:+13/+13/+7 (+2 for charging) (claw/claw/bite; 1d6+9/1d6+6/1d6+5)
+2d6 fire +1d6 Elec (from bracer)

Averagedog
2009-10-25, 05:32 PM
Xilef charges at the closest Lizardfolk spearman who attempted to slash Xilef in the process...

lizardman7:
to hit:
[roll0]
possible damage:
[roll1]

Lizard man 7 rolled a one. Instead of stabbing the Shifter, the lizardfolk somehow was stabbed with the wrong end of the longspear. Xilef slams into the unfortunate lizardfolk, skewering it with its own spear. Xilef then proceeded to slash and tear at the wounded lizardfolk until it stopped moving crumpling to the ground.

Total Damage taken: 51 over several hits.

current initiative order.
Fannis [21]
Lizard 1:[17] Bow
Xilef [16]
Lutz [16] <-------------|Current Turn|
Arsz [14]
Kekan [10]
Lizard 7:[5] spearman

whisper gnome still mia.

Ganurath
2009-10-25, 11:59 PM
Lutz flicks his wrist, suddenly swelling to supernatural heights as he switches to a two-handed grip. Snarling, he charges into the thick of the archers, aiming for the one in the middle of those within his reach in order to properly humble the remainder.

Charge - (1d20+11)[24]
Mace - (2d6+10)[18]
Fire - (2d6)[5]

"For the lost gods!"

Averagedog
2009-10-26, 12:08 AM
Lizardfolk 8 makes an arcing slice at Lutz as he passes.

Attack: [roll0]
Possible Damage: [roll1]

The same lizardfolk misses horribly and nearly stumbles.

Lutz charges past the spear wielding Lizardfolk and proceeds to smash Lizardfolk 1 in the face with his flaming enlarged mace while spilling into the ranks of the archers. The blow was strong, but not enough to down the lizardman in one blow.

Averagedog
2009-10-26, 12:12 AM
Lizardfolk 2 drops the bow, then draws its shortsword with one hand as a move action and lurches forward hissing angrily to stab Lutz.

To hit:
[roll0]
possible Damage:
[roll1]

The stab harmlessly pings off of Lutz's faithful armor.

Fannis [21]
Lizard 1:[17] Bow 23 Damage to the face
Xilef [16]
Lutz [16]
Arsz [14] <-------------|Current Turn|
Kekan [10]

MenhirRocksolid
2009-10-26, 02:32 AM
Arsz

Leavez some for me tooz!

Arsz charges and flies into the face of the the remaining spearman.

Averagedog
2009-10-26, 11:30 AM
Arsz pretty much annihilates the poor spearman, dismembering some limbs and the torso like an angry wookie and lighting every thing else on fire. Lizardman archer 3, spooked by the death of his companion attempts to shoot Arsz with an arrow.((draws an AOO from Lutz, but is currently 10 feet away from Arrsz))

The Archer misses without a vengeance and Lutz similarly misses as well.

Fannis [21]
Xilef [16]
Lutz [16]
Lizard 2:[13] Shortsword (dropped bow)
Arsz [14]
Kekan [10] <-------------|Current Turn|
Spriggles: Last in the order

OOC: I will fix this post later. Lutz take your OOC attack.

Eternal Kanus
2009-10-26, 02:23 PM
Kekan

Watching the first few lizardfolk fall, Kekan chants a quick incantation, causing the ground beneath the lizardfolk to become slick, before advancing, readying his second dagger.

Casting Grease, trying to get as many lizardfolk within a 10 foot square as possible without affecting anyone on our side. DC 14 Reflex, 65 foot range. Then moving and drawing my second dagger. If I could affect more lizardmen by moving first, then I'll do so, not drawing the dagger.

MenhirRocksolid
2009-10-27, 03:45 PM
Arsz

Spits away a piece of lizard and starts looking for another nice bite. Hmmmz, this one tasted burned, maybe next one more tasty?

Averagedog
2009-10-28, 09:30 AM
Lizardmen 5(d12) and 6(e12) slips precariously on the grease and almost hold their balance, then with arms flailing and tails shaking they both fall down with a flop.

Lizardman 4(d7) moves and lunges for Lutz teeth bared (AOO)
,,, and misses horribly. As the lizardman lunges for the neck, Lutz leans to one side and can counter attack with the AOO.

Lizardman 5 and 6 both struggle to stand back up without their bows. and try to move 15 feet away from the grease... lizardman 6 makes the balance check while lizardman 5 fails the check by 2 and continues to fail harder by flailing on the reflex save again and thus falls prone again. (AOO fest)

Fannis [21]
Xilef [16]
Lutz [16]
Arsz [14]
Kekan [10]
Lizard 4:[9] teeth
Lizard 5:[7] prone
Lizard 6:[6] teeth
Spriggles: Last in the order <-------------|Current Turn|

FishAreWet
2009-10-29, 12:37 PM
Fannis

Quickly pulling a wand out of his bag, he casts a quick spell. As he begins to move his sword seems to move through the air with such grace. He runs to the left of the group, away from the Grease, and launches his sword at the of lizardmen in front of him. "Hiyah!!"

Swift: Wand of Wraithstrike
Move: Move to G6
Standard: Wand of Whirling Blade hitting D8, C8, A9 (I opened up paint and did the math. it is a possible 60 foot line that doesn't hit any allies)

Each hit is a touch attack.
D8 Attack:[roll0] Damage:[roll1]+[roll2]
C8 Attack:[roll3] Damage:[roll4]+[roll5]
A9 Attack:[roll6] Damage:[roll7]+[roll8]

D8 19 damage.
C8 24 damage.
A9 19 damage.

Spriggles
2009-10-29, 01:22 PM
Ash Mythseeker

Ash levels her crossbow, takes sight at one of the lizardmen and fires, opting to let the others handle the majority of lizardmen, lest her magic be required later.

Attacking Lizardman in E12. [roll0], [roll1]

Averagedog
2009-10-29, 07:24 PM
Ash Plugs Lizardman 6 for the damage in the shoulder.

Fannis's whirlingblade spins so fast that it creates a shockwave that tears the 3 lizardfolk to giblets without so much as a scream.

Fannis [21]
Xilef [16] <-------------|Current Turn|
Lutz [16]
Arsz [14]
Kekan [10]
Lizard 6:[6] teeth 6 damage

zagan
2009-10-30, 03:53 AM
Xilef rejoice in the flow of combat and charge another Lizardfolk.
"How do you like my claw ?"

As a swift action I activate my bracers.
As a full round I charge the lizardfolk in E12 the prone one I believe unless he has moves in that case I charge the one in D12.
First claw:[roll0] Damage:[roll1] Elec[roll2] Fire[roll3] Total:30 but probably didn't hit
Second claw:[roll4] Damage[roll5] Elec[roll6] Fire[roll7] Total:20
Rending damage if both claw hit:[roll8]
Big Total:55 if both claw hit.

Stat block:
HP:55/55
Init:16
AC:19 Touch:13 Flat:16 (-2 for charging; 17, 11, 14)
Saves:10/10/6
Attack routine:+13/+13/+7 (+2 for charging) (claw/claw/bite; 1d6+9/1d6+6/1d6+5)
+2d6 fire +1d6 Elec (from bracer)

Averagedog
2009-10-30, 11:59 AM
Xilef charges in onto the prone lizardfolk, seeing a golden opportunity to attack. Xilef sinks her claws into the back of the lizardfolk then proceeds to "extract" some of its internal organs. Needless to say, the lizardfolk ceases to struggle.

Fannis [21]
Xilef [16]
Lutz [16] <-------------|Current Turn|
Arsz [14]
Kekan [10]
Lizard 6:[6] teeth 6 damage

Ganurath
2009-10-30, 01:35 PM
Lutz shrinks back down to normal, switching back to the two-handed grip as he raises his mace overhead to bring down righteous fury on the one of the few still standing that was fortunately adjacent to him. Tremors and sparks of energy are seen arcing across his body before he brings the weapon down, channeling the potent energy into the strike.

Unless I'm mistaken the one in C11 is still standing, so I'll shrink into C10 before using the Divine Surge strike.

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll=Fire?]2d6

Hit or miss, I'll switch back to one-handed after the strike.

1. Crusader's Strike
2. Charging Minotaur
3. Revitalizing Strike
4. Divine Surge
5. Bonesplitting Strike

[roll7]

Averagedog
2009-10-30, 02:56 PM
Ganurath hits lizardman 4 in the head and creates a cinematic slow motion explosian that would make zombie action movies proud.

Arsz literally leaps upon his victim, slashing and burning lizardman 6 to join his brothers.....

XP: ECL 8: 1067, ECL 7: 1400
Loot found:
6 short bows, 6 short swords, 2 long spears, 6 studded leathers, some mushrooms, a dead snake or two, a hobbits head, a hand or two, some worthless fake jewelry, a golden ring with emeralds in it (worth 11k), a bangle worth 650 gold, and a longsword with a hilt that looks like its aflame and a reddish fiery blade.

zagan
2009-10-30, 03:16 PM
"Well, that was a nice start even if a little short for my taste." Witht that coment Xilef began looting the body with practise ease. Leaving it for the other to evaluate the value.

FishAreWet
2009-10-30, 03:27 PM
Fannis

"Ah, well that was unexpected. The man is dead... I guess we just keep going straight for the mound?" He says as he begins to clean off his sword. As he carefully places it back in his sheath, he begins to examine what has been found. When he sees the ring and bangle, a smile appears on his face. He casually picks them both up, and puts them on. He then looks around and says "I've got a magic bag, unless there is objection I will carry what we have found."

Casting Detect Magic. I assume the sword is magical and nothing else is. If the bangle is magical then I didn't put it on yet.

If someone wants any of the stuff just say something.

Spriggles
2009-10-30, 04:13 PM
Ash

Ash nods in satisfaction at the groups effective slaying of lizardmen. She takes no interest in the loot, but is keen to get to the mound.

MenhirRocksolid
2009-10-30, 10:55 PM
Arsz

Puttingz all thingz in that handy bag be good idea, but maybe first see if anythingz of it be also usefullz instead of only prettiez? Though if usefullz, Arsz wonder why morningsnacks not use them themselvez. Arsz pauzes, chews and swallows his latest bite, and then looks at the dead guildmember: Hmmz, maybe we also needz to dig proper grave for arrow in hat man? Arsz learnz from time in city that humanz prefer to be ritually buried insteadz of being burnt to ash and used as fertilizer. He walks to the man with the arrow collection in his chest and hat and digs a large enough hole next to him with surprising speed.

Ganurath
2009-10-30, 10:59 PM
Lutz

"Just make sure not to let it get mixed with your personal items. We should check to see if any are still alive, see if we can get some useful information." Lutz then moves toward the body of the man who had once been the only survivor, kneeling next to him to perform last rites as per his limited knowledge of the rituals of the old gods.

Eternal Kanus
2009-10-31, 10:26 AM
Kekan

As the last lizardman falls, Kekan frowns and puts away his second dagger. "Is that it?" He walks over to assist in examining the newly acquired goods, before shrugging after looking it over. "Sure, you can hold on to it. As long as you plan on sharing it later. Though can I have the fake jewelry? I can always look tackier."

zagan
2009-10-31, 10:56 AM
"Yeah sure, I don't care much. I just take these snake, I like snake meat." Xilef will help Arsz digs the hole for the dead man.
"We should get going, I want to see those ruins."

FishAreWet
2009-10-31, 12:27 PM
Fannis

"Ah yes, here you go Kekan." He reaches into the bag taking out the fake jewelry, giving it to Kekan with a smile on his face. "I must say, it looks great on you!" He pulls out the alphorn and lets out a long deep note, mourning the death of the man. This process is repeated for each lizardman.

The looks on his face changes from solemn to happy in seconds, and begins to walk towards the mound.

MenhirRocksolid
2009-10-31, 01:37 PM
Arsz quickly digs the hole for the dead guild member in a round or two using his burrowing ability, and then comments on the rest of the dead lizards: Reptilianz not wantz burial, gatherz them togethers with some wood, and Arsz take care of them with fire.

Ganurath
2009-10-31, 01:41 PM
Lutz gets up from the guildsman's rites, his gaze giving Arsz a gentle warning. "The fire will give away our position. Besides, lizardfolk are swamp dwellers, we can just let the bodies sink in the muck. Pretty sure their god had a similar stance."

[roll0] to see if Lutz knows enough about Semuanya to confirm this.

MenhirRocksolid
2009-10-31, 03:03 PM
Turns to Lutz: Hmmmz, youz havez good point aboutz smoke, maybe swamp good alternative be.

Averagedog
2009-11-01, 09:42 AM
Detect Magic:
oh god yes this sword is magical with medium-strong evocation

Religion:
your deduction sounds very very plausible

PLOT: Your heroes follow the last dying directions from the man with the arrow in his hat and walk to the other side of the mound. Before you all, you see what was once a grand staircase made out of black obsidian and white marble. The white marble making the steps and teh obsidian the hand rails. Now the staircase lies in ruins. the stars are slanted at times to the left and right, and at some points mineralized mud covers large parts of it. The stairs go straight then diverge into a "Y" like shape around what used to be an astonishing statue of a dwarf(bronze) with a foaming mug in his right fist with a grinning countenance. Its left arm at the elbow is missing. It converges again behind the statue then continues upwards until it hits a flat where the assumed entrance is. Its so high up that none of the heroes can see it at all.

Suddenly there is a huge sound of rushing water as water explodes in a pillar above the mound. Water also suddenly surges from the top of the flat, the actual position not known, and continues surging down the stairs around the statue and into the fields in front of you. after waiting for some time, it happens again. This clearly was NOT happening earlier when the heroes first approached the mound from the other side.

MenhirRocksolid
2009-11-01, 11:17 AM
Hmmz, water trap sense tingling maybe Arsz think.

zagan
2009-11-01, 11:20 AM
"I don't like water." Xilef will look at the entrance with a frown before moving to try and see where the water come from.

Averagedog
2009-11-01, 06:53 PM
It appears to come from the top of the stairs, but you cannot see the top of them, therefore you cannot actually see the source :P

MenhirRocksolid
2009-11-02, 08:44 AM
Turns to his groupmembers: Any of youz can fly, or be especially big fan of water, so we can see what be on top of mound?

Spriggles
2009-11-02, 09:39 AM
Ash

Ash rifles through her thick, well worn prayerbook. She thumps a page with her finger with a triumphant "Ah ha! A flying spell! Xilef, would you oblige to scouting the temple from the air?"

zagan
2009-11-02, 09:48 AM
Xilef think about it for a few second before responding. "Yeah sure. Better than staying here waiting. How long does the spell last ?"

Spriggles
2009-11-02, 09:55 AM
Ash

"Just over five minutes, but if you are as fast as you were in the fight back there, Im sure you won't plummet to your doom."

Casting Fly on Xilef, lasts 8 mins

zagan
2009-11-02, 10:17 AM
"Okay." Feeling the spell course over her, Xilef fly at top speed toward the top of the monument to see where the water his comming from and if she can see any way to stop it.

Averagedog
2009-11-02, 12:51 PM
Xilef flies towards the top of the mound noticing a large gaping hole in the very top of it. At the top of the stairs there is a landing about 30 feet by 60 feet. at the other end of the flat leads to a large gaping hole. a thin stream of water flows from it.

zagan
2009-11-02, 01:01 PM
Do I have room to land without touching the water or at the very least without being sweep away by the water ?

Averagedog
2009-11-02, 01:08 PM
the water is currently just flowing slowly out of the main tunnel. there is no water spouting out of the top of the mound right now.

zagan
2009-11-02, 01:17 PM
Xilef land on the top of the mound and look down at the water flow and around to look for any mechanism or sytem that could stop it.

Spot check:[roll0]
Search check:[roll1]

Just in case, I have 200ft of rope I suppose it would be enough to reach the base and help the other climb ?

Averagedog
2009-11-02, 02:40 PM
Xilef looks inside to see a grand chamber several stories tall with fountains and columns inside. int he center of the room are raised steps in ziggurat fashion and at the top is a lizardfolk brandishing a large crystal in one hand and his staff in the other. Xilef sees other lizardfolk bowing from the lower areas worshipping their leader. (about 20 lizardfolk in this room besides the main shaman) Xilef also sees lots and lots of loot next to the shaman. The shaman seems to be shouting in Draconic as if its preaching to its followers.

zagan
2009-11-02, 03:09 PM
Xilef grin when seeing the lizardfolf inside, she wasn't stupid enough to go charging in alone but it would make a great fight with the other. With care she back down toward the edge of the mound being carefull to not being seen or heard but with the noise it was doubtfull. Once there she take her long rope from her pack, tie it up around a big rock (or colum, or statue) and throw the other end of the rope to the other. She made a motion with her hand to signal them to come.

Spriggles
2009-11-02, 04:58 PM
Ash

Ash motions for the others to follow her, takes a hold of the rope and begins to climb up the slippery slope.

Climb check [roll0]. ... may take Agile Climber soon.

EDIT: OMG fail!

FishAreWet
2009-11-02, 07:36 PM
Fannis

Fannis starts to climb up carefully.

EDIT: I know it's old LOL but I mixed up my name with another game!

Ganurath
2009-11-02, 08:32 PM
Lutz

Seeing Ash stumble, the half-orc picks his fallen comrade up with his mace arm as he begins his climb, gently slinging her over his shoulder so he can use both hands to pull himself up the rope.

[roll0]

((Guess who still has a light load despite the extra 70 pounds... And +5 to Balance, if this roll goes bad.))

Spriggles
2009-11-02, 08:57 PM
Ash

Internal:Oh god ... must ... not Flamestrike ... ignorantly helpful ... thing ...

"Th-thanks Lutz" she says as she watches the ground slowly jerk away as her hefty comrade carries her up the slippery slope.

MenhirRocksolid
2009-11-03, 03:32 AM
Arsz also starts to climb, and using all his little kobold appendages he manages quite well. This be like cakewalk, except there be no cake, probably why gnome not can do it, no incentive there be for Gnome Arsz think. Maybe Arsz bake pie on top of mound?

zagan
2009-11-03, 10:46 AM
Once everyone has climb up, Xilef will put back her rope in her back while explaining. "In the room there," she point at the entranceway. "There's something like twenty lizardfolk plus a shaman with a big crystal in hand. It's probably what we're searching for. I propose a surprise attack !" She was literraly vibrating at the perspective.

Averagedog
2009-11-03, 11:12 AM
when the rest of the party crouches around the hole to take a look, all of you see most of the lizardfolk leaving the room. You can see a few with distinguishing looks, like one with a chef's hat and a giant wooden spoon the size of a greatclub, another one dressed in breastplate with a pet tiger following it, and even a great barbarian looking one with a nasty looking greataxe followed by his 2 guards of similar, but weaker looking, barbarians. The room is left with the Shaman and 8 other lizardfolk. 4 of them look like guards, each wielding longswords and brandishing a shield. The other 4 look like Acolytes. The Shaman motions the acolytes to 4 marked circles around a main central one the shaman drew on his platform in the center. He starts chanting something in an ancient language. The crystal starts to glow then thrum with power sending eerie lights floating around the room. A strange barely perceivable dome forms around the shaman, deep within the throes of his summoning.

MenhirRocksolid
2009-11-03, 01:37 PM
Arsz wonders what be cooking down there, maybe nice stew?

FishAreWet
2009-11-03, 02:05 PM
Fannis

"Hmm, I'd bet that is the crystal we're looking for. Any ideas on how to get it? You know, other then the obvious?"

Ganurath
2009-11-03, 02:28 PM
Lutz

After carefully setting Ash down upon reaching the top, Lutz readies his mace. "You talk about the obvious like it's a bad thing. I take the high priest?"

Spriggles
2009-11-03, 03:54 PM
Ash

"We'll take the High Priest, my large friend. I can Dimension Door us in behind him and stop him from running. A pincer attack will stop them from fleeing too far. I'm sure the element of surprise will win the day. What do you think?"

Averagedog
2009-11-03, 04:21 PM
The party freezes as a slight rumbling starts beneath them, anyone looking down can see the shaman finishing his incantation with one final thump of his staff on the ground. The staff glows an ominous black as all four acolytes gasp and clutch their chests. The staff floats from the grasp of the shaman who grabbed the crystal with both hands and positioned it above his chest, pointy side facing it. All the acolytes scream as whispery things start flowing from their chest and feeds into the barrier, which then shoots small bolts of lightning into the staff that then covers the shaman in the same black light. The Shaman roars as his strength appears to increase. The flesh on his chest parted like wet paint and slowly drew half of the crystal within himself with the other half sticking out.

the rumbling increases suddenly as all the water in the room appears to suddenly increase in volume. The warriors abandon their posts and run for something to cling onto as suddenly an explosion of water fires through the room centered on the barrier. Water shoots straight up in the form of a pillar from no discernable source from the view of the adventurerers and fires out of the hole like a large water spout or alternatively an oil pumping machine. Water could be heard coming out of another oriface in the mound about 5 stories below.

Any character that is currently standing on the mound without having the ability to fly currently and have less than 5 ranks in balance must make a balance check or fall prone. those that do fall prone must also make a reflex save to stop themselves from being thrown off the mound completely and falling about 100 feet into the muck below. (falling rules do apply, which means you would have 1 round to save oneself in mid-air)

Spriggles
2009-11-04, 04:38 AM
Ash

Ash stares in wonder and surprise for a moment as the torrent of water cannons out of the temple. She braces herself against the tremendous force of the torrent.

Balance check [roll0]. Also, is there an area that is dry/not covered in fast-moving water inside the temple within 720ft of me?

Ganurath
2009-11-04, 02:00 PM
Lutz

After whethering the torrent with basic Stone Dragon footing, Lutz glances over the edge. "I'm gonna crash down on him, make a distraction for the rest of you guys to come in at a tactical position with Ash's spell. Can we dispel that shield?"

zagan
2009-11-04, 03:16 PM
The fly spell still active on her, even if not for much longer, allow Xilef to wistand the secouss without problem. She smile at Lutz liking his idea.

OOC:
I just think about something and I don't want to double post in the oc thread, would it be possible to drop the whole celling on the room below ? That would kill all the mook and perhaps block the entrance, but I'm not sure it's feasible, well not in one strike anyway. What do you all think ?

EDIT:
Once thing have settle down Xilef prepare herself for an epic fight. She channeld her instinctive magic to augment her speed before using it to augment even more her shifting ability and resitance.

Two round of buffing: (if only one allowed I don't use resistance)
First round: Cast resistance gain +1 to save.
Second round:
Standard action I cast longstrider, gaining +10 enchantment bonus to speed.
As a swift action I shift and use Enchanced Shifting +4 to str instead of +2, all natural weapon gain a +1 enchantment bonus (useless for claw because of necklace but nice for bite) and shifting last one more round.

My stat:
HP: 55/55 AC: 19 Touch: 13 Flat: 16
Save: Fort:+11 Ref:+11 Will:+7
Attack routine: 2 claw at +14/+14 and one bite at +9
Damage: 1d6+10/1d6+6/1d6+6
Shifting last 12 round total
I will rage as a free action next round (only 7 round)

Ganurath
2009-11-09, 04:42 PM
Lutz stares down at the high priest, then pulls out a script from his belt. He begins reciting in Dwarven, which is really odd to those who know he doesn't actually know a word of it. Those who speak it themselves will note detailed instructions for a technique of the Iron Heart school. Setting the empty scroll on the ground, Lutz then widens his footing as he adopts a two-handed grip. "So, who has a dispel ready?"

Move: Draw Martial Script of Iron Heart Surge
Standard: Activate Martial Script of Iron Heart Surge (good for one hour!)
Free: Drop expended martial script
Swift: Adopt Martial Stance

1. Crusader's Strike
2. Charging Minotaur
3. Revitalizing Strike
4. Divine Surge
5. Bonesplitter

[roll0]
[roll1]

Eternal Kanus
2009-11-09, 09:36 PM
Kekan

Keeping a delicate balance, Kekan gestures swiftly, making himself more agile. "If we can lower that barrier, then I'm going to poke that shaman until he can't cast spells anymore. That is, if any of us are capable of dispelling. I don't have enough skill in magic for that, I'm afraid."

Casting Expeditious Retreat, and switching from holding my Returning dagger to my non-Returning one for the time being.

MenhirRocksolid
2009-11-10, 01:30 AM
Arsz strikes some silly power ranger moves imitating some of his teammates.

Does absolutely nothing :smalltongue:

Spriggles
2009-11-10, 04:19 AM
Ash

Ash rolls up her sleeves and brandishes her Prayerbook once more. "Dispel Magic... damn! Can't do that. Ah well, I'm sure we'll be fine" And with a wave of her hand, casts a spell and vanishes.

Casting Invisibility

Averagedog
2009-11-10, 10:39 AM
The cries of pain from the acolytes cease as they become dust and flow away in the winds. The Shield disappears as the staff finishes converting the energy into the crystal. The Shaman literally appears to float in the air as the crystal starts to pulse. Every time it pulses, the shaman's thin frame starts to fill and become more muscular with a much larger frame to match. The Shaman's lizardfolk features start to ebb away as sharper and more intimidating looking dragon features start to override his former physical features. He grips his staff with one hand and black energy forms around it into a silhouette of a greataxe wielded with one hand. The crystal disappears momentarily then reappears in the center of a silhouette of a gauntlet that appears brought together by the shadows the crystal emits. The guards cower in terror as they watched their master transform into... a god ((no not really, sorry for the bad writing, time is tight right now)) The new, or perhaps old, being roars as his newfound power is realized unawares of the group dropping down from above to kill him. ((at this point in time the party can try to jump down and attack. The initiative order will be the order of the PCs that posted their buffing actions, then it will be the BBEG and then his minions. have at it! I've got lecture to skedaddle to.))

zagan
2009-11-10, 10:56 AM
With nod to the other Xilef jump in with her still active fly spell, and charge the shaman activating her bracers with a though and roaring in primal anger, she attempt to strike him with her magic augmented claw.

Swift action: activate bracers
Free action: Raging
Full round action: Charging and attacking with my two claw.

First claw: [roll0] Damage [roll1] Elec: [roll2]
Second claw: [roll3] Damage [roll4] Elec: [roll5]
Edit: Rending if both hit:(1d4+4)[6]
Total: 39
My stat:

HP: 71/71 AC: 15 Touch: 9 Flat: 11 (charging and raging)
Save: Fort:+13 Ref:+11 Will:+9
Attack routine: 2 claw at +16/+16 and one bite at +11
Damage: 1d6+11/1d6+7/1d6+7
Shifting: 12 round left (my con change from the rage)
Rage 7 round left.

Ganurath
2009-11-10, 12:18 PM
Lutz

Holding his mace at the ready, Lutz leaps into the battle, flicking his wrist on the way down once he's clear of the narrow opening and can match the shaman's expansion with his own increase in mass.

OOC Wall of Text:1d6 falling damage to myself and whatever's beneath me for every 10ft prior to impact. Whatever's beneath me in this case is intended to be the wannabe dragon. 1d6 is nonlethal to Lutz due to the 5ft step being a deliberate jump, though, and another 1d6 will be neutralized depending on the result of this Jump check:

[roll0]

Also, thanks to the expansion increasing Lutz's weight eightfold to 1880 lbs, whatever's beneath me takes an additional 9d6 damage by merit of being a falling object. Lutz will then make a smite attack against the shaman using the Bonesplitter manuever, which deals 2 Constitution damage in addition to normal damage, no save. Maximum penalty for Stone Power, as before.

Attack - 1d20+12 [13] +1 if Lutz took 1-9 damage from falling, +2 for 10-14, or +3 if he took 15+.
[roll1] +1 if Lutz took 1-9 damage from falling, +2 for 10-14, or +3 if he took 15+.
Confirm - 1d20+12 [13] +1 if Lutz took 1-9 damage from falling, +2 for 10-14, or +3 if he took 15+.
[roll2] +1 if Lutz took 1-9 damage from falling, +2 for 10-14, or +3 if he took 15+.

1. Crusader's Strike
2. Charging Minotaur
3. Revitalizing Strike
4. Divine Surge
5. Bonesplitter

Averagedog
2009-11-10, 02:02 PM
Zagan
Ganurath
Eternal Kanus <-------------------Current Turnage
Menhir Rocksolid
Spriggles
BBEG
Minions

The Shaman turned dragon like abomination roars as one of Xilef's claws tore off a scale from his face. Xilef's other claw failed to pierce through the armor however. Lightning dances across the creatures body then appears to be absorbed into its flesh.

Current Damage taken: 4 from xilef's claw attack and absorption of the lightning.

Ganurath then, at that moment fell from the sky and landed on top of the creature's back with a resounding thud that made the platform beneath the two behemoth's crack.

Damage: [roll0]

the crushing blow goes right through the creature's defenses.

total damage taken: 33.

Ganurath flails with his mace twice, but misses both times because of the instability of being on top of the creature.

"Ingrates!" it shouts, "I am Marius, the owner of the god stones! None shall use me for personal gain and None shall stop me controling all of the realms!"

He pushes Ganurath off of his back to his side (so neither of you guys suffers penalties and some such.

"Bind your undying loyalty to me, or suffer my wrath!"

Eternal Kanus
2009-11-10, 03:04 PM
Kekan

Peering over the ledge, Kekan turns to Ash's last known location. "I'm... not entirely fond of jumping down there. Is that Dimension Door still available?" He then releases a bit of magic, trying to strike the Shaman blind.

Casting Blindness, DC 15. Probably futile, but that falling damage would have a decent shot at killing me, so jumping isn't a good option.

MenhirRocksolid
2009-11-10, 03:55 PM
As Arsz jumps/charges in he yells: Dragonz away! He pounces on the face of the one who calls himself Marius like an angry housecat.

Attack 1: [roll0], Damage:[roll1]+[roll2]+[roll3]
Attack 2: [roll4], Damage:[roll5]+[roll6]+[roll7]
Attack 3: [roll8], Damage:[roll9]+[roll10]+[roll11]
Attack 4: [roll12], Damage:[roll13]+[roll14]+[roll15]
Attack 5: [roll16], Damage:[roll17]+[roll18]+[roll19]

Furthermore (as Lutz): Jump Check: [roll20] (probably does little falling damage as a small critter...)

MenhirRocksolid
2009-11-10, 04:01 PM
Ooh, possible crit on attack 4:
Crit confirm: [roll0], Damage:[roll1]

Nice damage total, anyhow, the 3d4 damage on each attack is fire damage, does it seem to work/have a nice and burning effect on the flesh/face of Marius?

Spriggles
2009-11-10, 04:50 PM
Ash

A disembodied voice says "Well, that's how I'm getting down, hang on a second, though ..."

Casting Conjure Ice Beast III to summon an Icy Huge Monstrous Centipede. Then we're hopping down.

Averagedog
2009-11-10, 05:34 PM
Kekan launches a blinding blast into Marius's eyes....
fort save
[roll0]

as Arsz drops like a smaller boulder on top of Marius dealing

[roll1] to marius and arsz.

Arsz attempts to blender the monstrosity hitting with several of his claws and notices that his attacks are not very effective against Marius's flesh either. The fire appears to do some scarring, but not as much as normal flesh would have burned..

total damage taken: 87 damage

Averagedog
2009-11-10, 05:43 PM
Marius roars in rage and pain. He glares at Arsz(who is still on top of his head) and the other two and says, "GET AWAY FROM ME PESTS!" In a flash, the stone in his chest glows gray. suddenly a whirlwind forms around Marius in a compressed form then explodes outward with a strong force. this attempts to blow anyone around Marius off of the platform. (I need reflex saves and fortitude saves from Xilef, Arsz, and Lutz.) After the crystal is finished, Marius gives an unworldy roar and his eyes briefly glow the same color as the stone. some of his wounds close as a result...

Current Damage Pool after healing: 37. ((if your wondering what the hell just happened, The Crystal spent a standard action for the cyclone, Marius used a standard action to heal himself with something similar to a dragon shaman's healing touch ability.

Averagedog
2009-11-11, 08:32 PM
Lutz and Arsz are blown off of the platform in opposite directions as the blast destabilized their balance and threw them 20 feet away down the stairs. amazingly both of the unfortunate heroes landed on their feet with only a few scrapes to show for it.

untyped damage to lutz and Arsz
[roll0]

Xilef on the otherhand digs her claws into the stone beneath her and stoically stands her ground against the wind taking [roll1] damage.

The 4 remaining guards move into flanking position of Lutz and Arsz and swing with their blades to protect their lord and master. (take AOOs as needed)
attacks on Lutz
guard1:[roll2]
guard2:[roll3]
Attacks on Arsz
guard3:[roll4]
guard4:[roll5]

Theoretical damage:
Damage on Lutz
guard1:[roll6]
guard2:[roll7]
Damage on Arsz
guard3:[roll8]
guard4:[roll9]

Averagedog
2009-11-11, 08:34 PM
Zagan <-------------------Current Turnage
Ganurath
Eternal Kanus
Menhir Rocksolid
Spriggles
BBEG
Minions
Fish

Crit Threat on Arsz:
[roll0] gogo powercrit powers.
Crit Damage
[roll1]

it is your turn Zagan.

Ganurath
2009-11-11, 09:54 PM
((AoO post, not skipping turn.))

After regaining his footing, Lutz looks from side to side at the oncoming lizardfolk. He swings two-handed at each as they approach, his quick reflexes more than compensating for his heavy armor. "Marius! I will not bow to a false god! Surrender the shard, and you may yet live!"

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

FishAreWet
2009-11-11, 11:46 PM
Fannis

He pulls out his alphorn and lets out a deep long note.

same stuff as last time, +2d6 fire damage to everyones attacks. And I draw my sword.

zagan
2009-11-12, 04:39 AM
Glad to be still standing Xilef attack once again, with furious claw attack and finnish it with a savage bite.

Swift action: activate bracers
Full round action: Full attack with two claw and a bite.

First claw:[roll0]Damage:[roll1] Elec:[roll2] Fire:[roll3]
Second claw:[roll4]Damage:[roll5] Elec:[roll6] Fire:[roll7]
Rending if both hit:(1d4+4)[6]
Bite:[roll8]Damage:[roll9] Elec:[roll10] Fire:[roll11] +1 point of con damage if hit.
Edit: I will assume that both claw hit:
Total: 34 slashing, 5 elec, 17 fire
OOC: If I have room to move I take a five-foot step away from him if possible interposing the shaman betwen me and his minion. otherwise I stay in place.

My stat:

HP: 67/71 AC: 17 Touch: 11 Flat: 14 (charging and raging)
Save: Fort:+13 Ref:+11 Will:+9
Attack routine: 2 claw at +16/+16 and one bite at +11
Damage: 1d6+11/1d6+7/1d6+7
Shifting: 11 round left (my con change from the rage)
Rage 6 round left.

MenhirRocksolid
2009-11-12, 06:12 AM
Annoyed to be blown away like a fly Arsz cools his temper using lots of fire by mauling the gaurds that just attacked him.

Claw 1: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]+[roll2]+[roll3]
Claw 2: [roll4] Damage: [roll5]+[roll6]+[roll7]
Bite: [roll8] Damage: [roll9]+[roll10]+[roll11]
Tail: [roll12] Damage: [roll13]+[roll14]+[roll15]
Gore: [roll16] Damage: [roll17]+[roll18]+[roll19]

All attacks go to the the gaurd that managed to hit Arsz

Spriggles
2009-11-12, 06:54 AM
Ash

Ash chuckles as the huge ice beast appears next to the lead lizardman. With a command, the centipede attacks him it its huge mandibles. "I'll be of no use down there, but if you need to drop down, i'll assist you."

Casting Feather Fall on Kekan. Centipede grappling Lead Lizardman: [roll0] Grapple check. EDIT Damnit! posting on OOC ... :smallmad:

Averagedog
2009-11-12, 09:00 AM
Ganurath's mace hits the guard1 in the shoulder for 15 delicious damages.

Xilef claws furiously at Marius hitting him with her claws, she notices however that the electricity appears to regenerate him and her fire overcomes it and some kind of other resistance slightly..... Damage taken: 30, 2 of it fire.

marius damage pool: 69

Arsz angrily flips out on guard 4 hitting with a claw, then a tail to the face dealing 43 damage. the guard doesn't look happy.

Zagan <-------------------Acted
Ganurath <-------------------Still Needs to Act
Eternal Kanus -------------------Still Needs to Act
Menhir Rocksolid <-------------------Acted
Spriggles <-------------------Acted
BBEG damage 69
Minions
-guard1 15
-guard2
-guard3
-guard4 43

Fish

Eternal Kanus
2009-11-12, 11:57 AM
Kekan

After receiving the spell, Kekan jumps off the ledge, drawing his second dagger as he glides down to the ground, before advancing on one of the guards and offering a quick stab.

Stepping off the ledge and moving should still be possible, if not let I'll change my action.

Attack- [roll0]
Damage- [roll1]
Lucky Shot- [roll2]
If it connects, Lucky Shot damage is being traded for 3 luck points.

EDIT: Forgot fire damage, roll is in OOC.

Ganurath
2009-11-12, 01:53 PM
Lutz

Reinvigorated by having landed a blow, Lutz allows himself to shrink down adjacent to his wounded opponent, robbing both guards of the flanking advantage. With a furious roar, he takes two one-handed swings at the lizardman.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

1. Crusader's Strike
2. Charging Minotaur
3. Revitalizing Strike
4. Divine Surge
5. Bonesplitter

[roll8]

Averagedog
2009-11-12, 04:19 PM
Kekan lands, catlike behind guard 4 and stabs him in the back finishing him off. Lutz smacks his target, lizard guard 1, in the gut twice. the guard doubles over for a second wheezing for life giving breathe.

Ganurath <-------------------Acted
Eternal Kanus<-------------------Acted
Spriggles <-------------------Acted
BBEG damage 69 <-------------------Still Needs to Act
Minions <-------------------Still Needs to Act
-guard1 37
-guard2
-guard3
-guard4 dead

Fish<-------------------Waiting

FishAreWet
2009-11-12, 08:10 PM
Fannis

"Hohoho..."

Grease on the big guy. Reflex save 21 or fall prone right now and beginning of his turn for next 6 rounds.

Averagedog
2009-11-13, 07:45 AM
The crystal in Marius's chest glows an angry red/orange color as it shoots a huge scorching beam at the worm.

Worm's Fortitude Save
[roll0]
Worm's Reflex Save
[roll1]

Possible Damage
[roll2]

The worm gets engulfed by the beam, then unceremoniously explodes into a pile of goo.

Averagedog
2009-11-13, 07:53 AM
Marius turns to Xilef and attacks her with his axe with measured strikes (not power attacking)
attack 1 (2 handed axe)
[roll0]
attack 2 (2 handed axe)
[roll1]
attack 3 (2 handed axe)
[roll2]

damage 1:
[roll3] + [roll4] + 1 con
damage 2:
[roll5] + [roll6] + 1 con
damage 3:
[roll7] + [roll8] + 1 con

Xilef falls to the ground noticing that one of her claws hands lands off to the side detatched from the body and the lower torse a few feet to the side.... she looks up being temporarily blinded by the sky, then ........

DM Roll: 99 from 2d10
Zagan
Xilef finds herself in a white empty space, her limbs back together. In front of her are 9 pedestals all of them empty except for 2. At the far edges of the pedestals are 2 crystals. beneath them she finds two inscriptions one for each. On the left it says "Life" on the right it says "Destruction." The other ones appear to be empty. The image disappears before her as suddenly two doors shrouded by crackling energy bars appear instead. On the left it reads "the path of the gods", on the right it reads "Destiny." In front of her a pedestal forms and on top of it is a deck of cards. Xilef suddenly feels compelled to draw 1 card from the deck

((roll me a d100)

Averagedog
2009-11-13, 08:04 PM
Lizard guard 2 takes a 5 foot step to flank lutz. Guards 1 and 2 both swing with their weapons on the smaller enemy.

lizard guard 3 takes a 5 foot step to attack Arsz with two chops for his arms.

attacks on Lutz
guard1:[roll0]
[roll1]

guard2:[roll2]
(1d20+9)[27]

Attack on Arsz
guard3:[roll3]
[roll4]

Theoretical damage:
Damage on Lutz
guard1:
[roll5]
[roll6]

guard2:
[roll7]
[roll8]

Damage on Arsz
guard 3
[roll9]
[roll10]

MenhirRocksolid
2009-11-13, 08:11 PM
Arsz continues chewing on the next juicy target guard.

Claw 1: Damage: [roll1]+[roll2]+[roll]3d4
Claw 2: Damage: [roll4]+[roll5]+[roll]3d4
Bite: Damage: [roll7]+[roll8]+[roll]3d4
Tail: Damage: [roll10]+[roll11]+[roll]3d4
Gore: Damage: [roll13]+[roll14]+[roll]3d4

Messed up the fire 3d4 fire damage, will roll on OC channel, extra fire damage was:9, 5, 9, 7, 7.

Ganurath
2009-11-13, 10:47 PM
Lutz

Deciding he had lost patience with these guards, Lutz decides to finish off the one he had been working on. With a step toward the staircase and the flick of his wrist, the half-orc was half-Huge once more, bringing a two-handed strike down on the injured guard's skull. After the swing, he adjusts his footing to a more defensive stance and switches back to a one-handed grip. He spares a glance toward Marius, and his eyes widen in alarm. "Someone cover Xilef!"

He was at 40/46 before, then took 27, bringing him down to 28 with 15 in the delayed damage pool. First he'll take a 5ft step to C10 before using the Bracers of the Brute to expand, taking up C10-D11. He'll be using Revitalizing Strike, which will heal 3d6+8 if it hits, in addition to the 2 from Martial Stance.

[roll0] DM is awesome.
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

After the attack, switch back to one-handed and, as a swift action, switch to Thicket of Blades stance. 5ft steps now provoke AoOs. Flank this!

Edit: All the healing brought Lutz back to full 46/46, with 11 damage in the pool for +2 to hit and to damage.

zagan
2009-11-14, 04:55 AM
After receiving some kind of vision, Xilef sudendly feel herself changing. In flash of light she reappear feeling even stronger. She's looking very different with totally new clothes.
Turning her attention to the shaman she adresse him in Druidic: "Ashel, mnolic drut !"
She sudendly transformed into a beast with tiger-like feature and in blur she make a ligthing fast serie of attack.

Edit: Forget a Five foot step in I12
Free action: Talking
Swift action: activate Blurring armor (20% miss chance for 5 round)
Free action: Shifting into hybrid form: Str +12, Dex +4, Con +6
Full attack action:

Unarmed strike:
Attack roll: [roll0] Bludgeoning damage: [roll1] Fire: [roll2] (Critical miss)
Attack roll: [roll3] Bludgeoning damage: [roll4] Fire: [roll5]

Claw attack:
Attack roll: [roll6] Slashing damage: [roll7] Fire: [roll8]
Attack roll: [roll9] Slashing damage: [roll10] Fire: [roll11]

Rending if both hit: [roll12]

Bite attack:
Attack roll: [roll13] Slashing, Piercing, Bludgeoning damage: [roll14] Fire: [roll15] +1 point of Con damage.

If Xilef is attacked with natural weapon or non-reach weapon the attacker take 1d4+3 Piercing damage rolling now just in case.
[roll16], [roll17], [roll18]

My stat:

HP: 108/108 AC: 27 Touch: 20 Flat: 21
Save: Fort:+16 Ref:+15 Will:+8
Attack routine: Unarmed strike at +20/+15
2 claw at +18/+18 and one bite at +18
Damage: 1d3+14/1d3+14/1d6+10/1d6+10/1d6+10(+1 con) +Rending 1d4+6
Spell effect: Blur 5 round remaining
Shifting: 15 round remaining
Dragonfire inspiration: +4d6 fire damage

Edit: Damn I'm lucky if one attack hit! The Dice are gainst us.

Averagedog
2009-11-14, 10:16 AM
Ganurath <-------------------Acted
Eternal Kanus <-------------------Still Needs to Act
Spriggles <-------------------Still Needs to Act
BBEG damage 86 <-------------------Waiting
Minions <-------------------Waiting
-guard1 dead
-guard2
-guard3 dead
-guard4 dead

Fish<-------------------Waiting

Lutz makes good on his attack and drops guard 1, Arsz Blenders his latest victim with the extra chunky mode on looking very badarse doing so. Xilef leaps upon the enemy that killed him punching, clawing, and biting. Marius surprised and very annoyed bats away most of Xilef's attacks with his axe except for a heavy slug in the stomach that gets through his defense.

"Why aren't you dead cat?" Marius says annoyed.

Xilef, and only xilef, sees a flash of a person in the crystal sticking out of Marius. She briefly sees a man in white robes holding a scythe horizontally. the countenance of the man is sad and worrisome as if the man could see everything that is happening. The image disappears.

((Xilef, you have a template call the god-stone touched template, it does nothing you know about))

Spriggles
2009-11-14, 11:57 AM
Ash

Grinding her teeth, Ash suddenly reappears in a blast of holy fire!!

Casting Flame Strike DC 18 Reflex for half. [roll0] half fire, half holy

FishAreWet
2009-11-14, 12:44 PM
Fannis

Cast Glitterdust on Marius. Will save 19 or Blind.
Swift action Inspirational Boost, which along with Words of Creation changest he 2d6 to 4d6 Fire Damage.

Eternal Kanus
2009-11-14, 02:27 PM
Kekan

As the guards fall, Kekan grins and offers a quick enhancement to Arsz's fighting ability, before moving away towards the last of the guards. Kekan shouts at Lutz as he rushes, "Go after the big guy! I'll take out this last guard!"

Casting Heroism on Lutz and moving to D9, thanks to Expeditious Retreat.

Averagedog
2009-11-14, 04:44 PM
Will save:
Roll(1d20)+15:
8,+15
Total:23
Not blind, but is indeed tingly.

Reflex Save
Roll(1d20)+9:
1,+9
Total:10
Damage taken: 28

Total Damage on Marius 108
Commence Form 2.exe :P

Marius cries out in a roar that makes cracks form along the walls of the mound. Everyone covers their ears and bears the headpounding soul crushing pain (without damage) The pillar of flame and energy takes on a new life as it seems to become more and more intense on his body. Everyone could see his form waver, then seperate into two pieces. A second scream joins the cry as the original shaman slips out of the form of Marius and is consumed by the flames.

"No! the conduit!" He shouts, "I need a new host..." Suddenly the flames from the pillar of flame dies out as a streaking white streak shoots towards Lizard man 2. At the head of this streak is the gauntlet with the god stone in it.

((Lutz, because of your positioning on the board in relation to the target, you may or may not, up to you, do something or nothing :P, Even though this is happening all in a span of like 10 seconds, I'm giving you a full round action (no 5 foot step) to do something about the situation. Destroying the crystal, like hitting it like a baseball for example, is not one of the options))

Ganurath
2009-11-14, 04:55 PM
OOC: Well, Lutz was told to go after Marius. For IC reasons as well as OOC reasons I can't destroy the crystal (quest for the gods) but that doesn't mean it can't be disrupted some other way. And a one-handed grip with the mace does open up a certain option... Give lizardman 2 an AoO against Lutz, and increase the result of the touch attacks by 1 if the lizardman deals 4+ damage to him, as that brings the delayed damage pool to the full threshold.

Lutz isn't the smartest, but he has good instincts. Seeing the item the team is trying to retrieve flying to pass him, he tries to grab it out of the air, dropping his mace to make multiple swipes at it.

[roll0]
[roll1] +2 each if Heroism and/or Furious Counterstrike apply

[roll2]
[roll3] +2 each if Heroism and/or Furious Counterstrike apply

Averagedog
2009-11-14, 05:35 PM
((OOC: Epic.))

When Lutz Grabs the crystal, time seems to slow down to a stop for him. The colors around him start to gray as suddenly he feels himself being launched inward towards the crystal.....

Lutz:

Lutz wakes up to find himself in a white place. He stands on a white flat surface and all around him is complete whiteness. suddenly in front of him appears 9 pedestals all of them empty except for 2. At the far edges of the pedestals are 2 crystals. beneath them he sees two inscriptions one for each. On the left it says "Life" on the right it says "Destruction." The other ones appear to be empty except for a silhouette of a crystal starting to form at the center. The image disappears before him as suddenly two doors shrouded by crackling energy bars appear instead. On the left it reads "the path of the gods", on the right it reads "Destiny." But with the doors came something else that was interesting. A Man wearing white robes wielding a scythe is fighting a Dragon like man wielding a greataxe. Both show no wounds, but their scuffle is happening in front of the two doors.

"So, they've managed to drive you out of that body eh?" The white robe said.

"Shutup, they just got lucky is all, that fool grabbed the God stone and soon I will inhabit his body. His spirit is being sent here." The Dragon like creature growled.

their blades clash a few times creating small shockwaves that are barely perceptible by the eyes since there is nothing to throw around.

"Look at you Darius," the Dragon man said, "You can barely stand, you've spent so much of your power to bring that shifter whore back to the physical realm. You cannot fight me." The Dragon man pointed the palm of his right hand at the human in white robes. It glowed red briefly and a sphere formed around the man entrapping him.

"No.... Marius. Don't go through that door. Your last victim willingly gave his body to you, but doing this, its a violation of the original will of the gods. We still have to follow the rules!" Darius choked out weakly, too drained to fight any longer.

"I will make my own rules Darius, once my agents finds the other crystals and puts MY power back together, I will ascend and become the new god of this wretched world. *Ahahahahahaha-cheesey maniacle laughter*"

Marius enters the lightning shrouded door of destiny and disappears.

Darius turns to Lutz as if he always knew he was there.

"Quickly mortal, you don't have much time before Marius will try to take over your body. When you turn around there will be a table with 8 cards.
1 with a picture of a lightning bolt.
1 with a picture of an icicle
1 with a picture of a skull
1 with a picture of an eye
1 with a picture of a monster
1 with a picture of a mouse
and 1 with a picture of a geyser.

When you turn these cards over, your body, which my companion is trying to take over, will be under the affects of the secondary function of the godstone. I want you to activate all of them. It will most likely kill you, but it will mean that he will not take over and bring an age of darkness across the world. Your soul will be able to enter the door to the path of the gods and I and my companion will be trapped in here as we should be."

The whiteness of the realm starts to fade to black, the blackness seems to encroach from an impossibly far distance to where you are. Lutz must act soon...

Ganurath
2009-11-14, 05:41 PM
Lutz nods, turning around and, assuming the cards are present, will start turning cards over like there's no tomorrow. Given what Darius said, that may very well be the case.

((I'm going to assume the 8 cards is a typo, unless you left the 8th out on accident.))

Averagedog
2009-11-14, 07:44 PM
lutz
when you get down to the 7th card, you do indeed notice that there is no 8th card. The card however is blank and it seems to reflect your image. This card is also white compared to the other cards which are all a shade or more of gray.

Meanwhile, All the others watch in horror and fascination as Lutz's body goes through a terrifying transformation. Draconic wings burst from his back ruining his armor, his muscle mass increases exponantially as dragon like claws tears out of his hands. A thrashing tail bursts out as his size increases to huge. He cries out as he grabs his face from the pain, which undergoes similar dragon like metamorphosis.

The gauntlet holding the crystal dissolves as the crystal suddenly starts to spin and shine in all the colors of the spectrum. different rays and beams strikes Lutz's changing body dealing various amounts of damage to it.... The Guard, terrified attempts to attack lutz, but is struck by a bolt of lightning that disintegrates it immediately.

Ganurath
2009-11-15, 12:39 AM
Lutz

Lutz smiles as he looks at the reflection of himself, noting the holy symbol of a lost god of retribution on his tabard. "Darius... If you wish it... I'll give you my consent to take the reigns. If it's within your power to do so."

MenhirRocksolid
2009-11-15, 06:07 AM
Hmmmz, this no good be, maybe hit Lutz out cold before it too late be?

Moves within charging range of Lutz

Spriggles
2009-11-15, 08:33 AM
Ash

Over awed by what she has seen, Ash's determination to NOT go anywhere near the crystal is only reaffirmed.

"Good plan! We need to take him down before this situation gets any worse -"

Casting Shield, just in case. New AC 26

Averagedog
2009-11-15, 08:43 AM
Lutz
"I'm afraid that's impossible. We have already clashed and I have been defeated. wait, what's that strange presence? Its coming from that last card you havn't flipped. That's strange, I sense that the last card....is you!"

The darkness within the crystalscape grows ever darker, you can see that it has nearly reached the area, only a few feet from the door of destiny and the door to the path of the gods.

"If my suspicions are correct, if you take that card, without looking at the bottom mind you, it is your soul you know... and run through the destiny door... I don't know what will happen. But otherwise your time here is over, that is unless you want to give Marius nourishment."

((edit: those of you that are outside can cast your buffs before the second fight begins.))

zagan
2009-11-15, 08:51 AM
Suprise by yet another turn of event, Xilef look varily at the transformation of her comrade. Hopping against all hope that they wouldn't have to fight him. Dieing again wasn't part of her plan, still she move a little closer just in case she need to attack him.

(If allowed i take a five-foot step in I11)

My stat:
Attack routine: Unarmed strike at +20/+15
Spell effect: Blur 5 round remaining (-1 ?)
Shifting: 15 round remaining (-1 ?)

Ganurath
2009-11-15, 10:27 AM
LutzLutz smirks, grabbing the last card and, being careful not to look at the bottom as Darius instructed, sprints for the destiny door, using his free hand to pull it open and, hopefully, step through. "May this serve the will of the gods. Thank you, Darius."

Averagedog
2009-11-15, 06:51 PM
Lutz

As Lutz Steps through the door and closes it he hear's Marius say, "You made an interesting choice. I forsee that we shall meet again. Destiny demands it it seems....."

As the door closes Lutz watches in fascination as the card representing his soul dissolves. Gradually the black darkness he was in disappears as a lighted beacon appears in a hall like structure. As he approaches it becomes clear to him that the source of the light are two portals in two different diagonal directions. In the left portal, he sees himself as a human living the life of a warrior among other humans fighting bands of monsters and orc tribes Blood and gore flies around as he savagely destroys his enemies. In the right portal he sees himself as an Orc shamanistic leader, teaching the young orcs gathered around the history of a proud tribe that has always conducted themselves with purpose and honor. It all seems rather confusing to Lutz, who knows that the lore of his tribe is not as portrayed compared to the images he sees. He gets the impression that at this point he has to make a choice, a choice that is not in fact clear on if the two choices are the only choices available.

A Voice that is his own says gravely from the darkness "Who are you and What do you percieve yourself to be? Human? Orc? Which do you prefer more?"

Ganurath
2009-11-15, 11:19 PM
Lutz

"Both have the potential for good, the potential for greatness, the potential to fight for something more." Lutz's empty hand reaches into the darkness between, trying to grasp his weapon. "I am neither my father or mother, but an individual my own, born a servant of the gods!"

Averagedog
2009-11-16, 01:01 AM
The two portals suddenly disappears. The voice says sounding pleased, "You have passed the test, now go, paragon of half-orcs, make yourself something with your life" In front of Lutz appears a portal he is being drawn to, inside of it, he sees a beam of light shine out of the godstone embedded in the center of the dragon monsters chest. the beam blasts into the floor in front of it next to Xilef. The light seems to broaden then expand revealing Lutz in his armor wielding his weapons with all of his possessions. Lutz feels much stronger and perhaps a little wiser than he did before. ( + 2 strength, + 2 wisdom. permanent).

"So, you have escaped. It doesn't matter now. I will simply kill all of you as many times as I need to. The orc Whelp may have found a part of his destiny, but that won't save him from the almight power of Marius!" Marius shouts. The walls of the room shake perilously, more cracks form. "I feel, how shall I say this, much stronger now" The monster says cracking the knuckles on his fists. I won't need my axe to finish the lot of you now.

*new boss music entered here*

New Initiative Order:

Fannis <------------current turn.
Kekan
Arsz
Him
Ash
Zagan
Ganurath
Him

MenhirRocksolid
2009-11-16, 04:55 AM
After identifying the proper target to charge Arsz lets out his battle cry:

Arsz to the face!

If possible, charge Marius with Lutz as his flanking buddy, if this is not possible, substract 2 from the attack rolls.
Claw 1: [roll0] Damage: [roll1] + [roll2] + [roll3] + [roll4]
Bite: [roll5] Damage: [roll6] + [roll7] + [roll8] + [roll9]
Tail: [roll10] Damage: [roll11] + [roll12] + [roll13] + [roll14]
Gore: [roll15] Damage: [roll16] + [roll17] + [roll18] + [roll19]

Hmm, messed up claw attack 2, will be in OC thread

Eternal Kanus
2009-11-16, 11:30 AM
Kekan

Looking between his daggers and the god standing before him, Kekan shrugs before releasing a volley of pinpricks upon the massive creature.

Full attack on Marius.

Main Hand 1- [roll0]
Damage- [roll1]
Lucky Shot 1- [roll2]
Lucky Shot Damage- [roll3]

Main Hand 2- [roll4]
Damage- [roll5]
Lucky Shot 2- [roll6]
Lucky Shot damage traded for 3 Luck Points

Off Hand 1- [roll7]
Damage- [roll8]
Lucky Shot 3- [roll9]
Lucky Shot Damage- [roll10]

Off Hand 2- [roll11]
Damage- [roll12]
Lucky Shot 4- [roll13]
Lucky Shot damage traded for 3 Luck Points

Averagedog
2009-11-16, 01:35 PM
((yea.... due to the lack of flankage nothing actually hit him..... hmmmm AC 30 was pretty trivial for the original gamers to hit... looks like its time to play yet another unplayed card from my sleeve, because yaknow, you guys SKIPPED THE ENTIRE DUNGEON. :P for some reason I can't get over that...))

Marius laughs at the puny with glowy essentia around it (Arsz) and the slightly less puny luckthief as all their attacks literally bounced off of his steelhardened scales.

"I will relish feasting on your souls mortals"

Suddenly one of the fountains in the room, in the north east corner, bursts from under it as a huge sized Blue Dragon breaks in from the floor below. On top of its head sits a Lizardfolk wearing a chef's apron and a chef's hat, both stained with blood and wielding a Giant wooden spoon on top of it. The Dragon climbs out of the hole, wings flapping to help gain leverage as the dragon climbs land lands next to......*looks at Zagan's map* e-13 to g-15....... Marius.

"Your time as come Shaman," The Lizard cook yells down, "My liege, lord Electroblaze and I are fed up with..... wait what the heck? What happened to the temple?"

"The Shaman is dead worm. I have consumed his soul and now I, Marius will rule this world."

Electroblaze the dragon scrutinizes the Dragon god thing and notices the god stone. The dragon's eyes widened as he saw the raw power flowing out of that thing. Then his eyes narrowed as he stared hungrily at the artifact.

"I have waited and served that sniveling shaman for nearly half a century waiting to lay my eyes on the artifact and dispose of him, he may be gone now, but my ambition is the same" He says in a deep gravelly voice.

"Its obvious to me that all the other inhabitants of this room are mercenaries that have come to steal my god stone from me, but I will assist you all for now to take care of Marius. We can settle our disputes of ownership later" The dragon purred.

"But my lord!" The Lizard cook above protested shaking his hand that holds the giant spoon, "what about the spoonifact?"

"Use it on Marius my pet, if he truly is something made out of god magic bound to those god stones he should be vulnerable to the power of the spoon!"

With that the Dragon joins initiative.
----------------------Initiative part 1
Fannis <------------still needs to act
Kekan <------------acted
Arsz <------------acted
Him <------------last
----------------------Initiative part 2
Ash
Zagan
Ganurath
Dragon and his Pet Cook
Him
----------------------

FishAreWet
2009-11-16, 01:38 PM
Fannis

After plays a strange note on the alphorn and making strange symbols with his hands, Fannis looks unmistakably beautiful.

Cast Glimpse of Fear. DC 19 or Shaken and -4 vs next [fear] save.
Free action to stop holding back my nymph beauty:smallcool: DC 17 or Shaken (and this is a [fear] save :smallwink: )

If Shaken twice then he is Frightened.

EDIT: Both saves are Will.

zagan
2009-11-16, 02:18 PM
Despite her surprise at seeing the dragon suddendly appear, Xilef choose to exploit that moment and charge Marius ending with a furious serie of attack.

Charging in E11
Full attack action:

Unarmed strike:
Attack roll: [roll0] Bludgeoning damage: [roll1] Fire: [roll2]
Attack roll: [roll3] Bludgeoning damage: [roll4] Fire: [roll5]

Claw attack:
Attack roll: [roll6] Slashing damage: [roll7] Fire: [roll8]
Attack roll: [roll9] Slashing damage: [roll10] Fire: [roll11]

Rending if both hit: [roll12]

Bite attack:
Attack roll: [roll13] Slashing, Piercing, Bludgeoning damage: [roll14] Fire: [roll15] No con damage you said he was immune.

If Xilef is attacked with natural weapon or non-reach weapon the attacker take 1d4+3 Piercing damage rolling now just in case.
[roll16], [roll17], [roll18]

My stat:

Attack routine: Unarmed strike at +20/+15 (+2 for charging this round)
Spell effect: Blur 4 round remaining
Shifting: 14 round remaining

Edit: That's excellent only one miss. Total: 56 physical+50 fire= 106 total
Edit2: Forget about that.

Averagedog
2009-11-16, 03:33 PM
Marius Will Saves:

Roll(1d20)+15:
1,+15
Total:16

Roll(1d20)+15:
1,+15
Total:16

Marius looks up to see Fannis glaring at him. in terrible beauty and feels unreasonably scared.

He kind of shudders and shivers convulsively with an involuntary shudder. Fear? He has never felt such an emotion before....

'Y-y-you havn't seen the last of me... I'll be back later to dispose of all of you!!!" With that the crystal glows blue and a shield of water forms around Marius. There is a deep rumbling sound, the sound of water rushing from somewhere. The walls crack even more then burst in some places letting the setting sun inside.

"I will be back!"

Suddenly an explosion of water geysers forth from beneath Marius and shoots him straight out of the temple at extremely high velocity and acceleration, There is a small sonic boom in the air above as he rockets away yelling obscenities at Fannis.

The Dragon looks confused, very confused and doesn't know if it should kill the party or just leave himself after the crystal.... The lizard cook is also speechless, a mere mortal scaring away the incarnation of something that called itself a god? how... improbable!

FishAreWet
2009-11-16, 05:28 PM
Fannis

"And you... what are you going to do?" he says as he walks closer to the dragon, still looking astonishingly beautiful.

The DC 17 Shaken arua is still active. I'm going to try it on the dragon then go back to suppressing it.

MenhirRocksolid
2009-11-16, 05:58 PM
Arsz turns to the big blue dragon and says in draconic:

Ith mitneir, yth shilta ti origato wer ti-xihuulivi ekess itrewic mojka! Gethrisj ghent wer ternesj!

Lord lighting, we cannot let the non-worthy to get away! Go after the stone!

Averagedog
2009-11-16, 06:33 PM
The Dragon looks up to see Fannis's Death stare. If possible, his scales turn white blue as the dragon sees a very scary beauty in his eyes, so unsettling that he questions his own sanity. Without a word, the Dragon turns and jumps into the hole he made. The Lizardcook falls off of his Lord's back onto the ground.

"Milord!!! MILORD!!!!! why are you running. you can squish these puny mortals!" The Lizard cook drops his spoon as he leaps into the gaping hole after his master. This leaves the party, and some tumbleweed behind in what used to be the temple. Looks like there is lootin to be had.

FishAreWet
2009-11-16, 06:37 PM
Fannis

"Now, before you leave, answer me these questions please. What just happened? Where do you think he went?" he asks, attempting to look less threatening, but still ready to strike.
If it matter, Diplomacy [roll0]

EDIT: nevermind :smallcool:

Ganurath
2009-11-16, 08:08 PM
Lutz

After having regained his bearings, Lutz looks toward the exit Marius took to flee the scene. Sitting at the height of the stairs, he takes a deep breath and sighs before speaking. "That did not go as planned... Does anyone know a spell to track him with?"

Eternal Kanus
2009-11-16, 09:02 PM
Kekan

As the dragon and the god both flee in terror from the bard, Kekan turns and stares, his mouth agape. "What... what are you?" As he regains his composure, he turns to Lutz, shaking his head. "Unfortunately no. I've got an idea for a bit of divination... but even if it works I'm too drained to cast it today." He then pulls out one of his wands and goes to work patching up the wounded, given the delay in action.

Using one or more of my Lesser Vigor wands, depending on who's actually still injured. Just making a couple UMD rolls to be safe. (DC 20)
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

FishAreWet
2009-11-16, 11:13 PM
Fannis

"Ahem, well, lets collect this stuff! I'll carry the spoon and the gold/platinum, if that's okay with everyone." he says as he begins to pile the money into his bag. He straps the spoon on his back, in line with the alphorn.

"So, we make rest here and track the dragon down tomorrow?" he says to everyone.

Ganurath
2009-11-16, 11:54 PM
Lutz

Lutz rises, making his way toward a rather large hammer, presumably one of the offerings. "I think we should secure the perimeter before resting, see if we can reduce the number of directions we can be attacked from."

Averagedog
2009-11-17, 01:34 AM
(( a brief inspection of the room reveals that the original entrance to this chamber has been buried under falling pieces of the cieling, not to mention it appears that section of the floor has collapsed. The gaping hole the dragon came from and fled into is still there. Looking down it reveals the dismembered corpses of some lizardfolk in what appears to be a cavernous tavern like chamber. There is a large throne like chair where another lizardfolk, this one larger than the others in all aspects of the term, sits in it, his hands cuffed to the chain as well as his legs. His neck is also stuck to the back of the chair. detect magic reveals that these bands are magical. There doesn't appear to be anyweapons. The lizard appears to be sleeping. Otherwise from that room it appears that what used to be a set of double doors appears to be destroyed in a fashion to accomodate a creature of the dragon's size. That is all you guys see from staying in the temple room.))

FishAreWet
2009-11-17, 02:20 AM
Fannis

"I'm going to go wake that guy up and see if he knows anything!" he says as he walks over to the man. "Wait, does anyone know how to speak there language?"

MenhirRocksolid
2009-11-17, 02:41 AM
Arsz speak draconic, and maybe would like to have look at the spoon maybe?

FishAreWet
2009-11-17, 02:52 AM
Fannis

"ah, yes, you may." he says as he hands over the spoon. "And my, my, I seem to be losing my mind. I completely forgot that I know magic! hohoho" he says as he pulls out his horn to let out a quick note. He casts Tongues.

"hey, lizardman? wake up!" Fannis slaps him in the face to stir him from sleep. "Why are you locked up? Who are you? What's with the dragon?"

Man I'm silly, Tongues was one of my spell known!
DC 17 Will vs Shaken is activated when the man wakes up. Quickly followed by a Diplomacy attempt [roll0]

Averagedog
2009-11-17, 03:06 AM
The Lizardfolk Barbarian wakes up and.....

will save
Roll(1d20)+8:
2,+4
Total:6

Wakes up screaming!!!! as he sees, momentarily, the face of death!

"Me tell you what you want to know, don't stare at Goodoo like that! Me leader of lizardfolk troops serve second to Shaman" the lizardfolk says puffing his chest out proudly.

"Dragon only a lackey" He pouts

"He threw Hissy fit and killed my soldiers then threw these things at my chair and now I stuck. He said he want to rule mound."

the lizard pauses for a moment then says, "He live in big water hole down there" He motions his head towards the destroyed doors. "He kill all adepts, big giant ooze and all other guards and cooks, even shocker lizards except for his spy, Lizard Chef."

FishAreWet
2009-11-17, 03:22 AM
Fannis

"Hmm, interesting. What do you know about the shaman? His orb? Is the Lizard chef the one who carried that spoon? And he went crazy you say? What exactly happened? What's the real reason you're locked up!?"

Averagedog
2009-11-17, 03:40 AM
"well, thats-" *SPLORTCH* All the bands on him suddenly tighten at incredible speeds dismembering the lizard chief into several pieces. A splash is heard down the destroyed entrance he told the party about.

MenhirRocksolid
2009-11-17, 04:35 AM
Arsz seems to be rather focussed on the spoon oblivious to all other things:

This look like mighty spoon Arsz hear about in storiez when still little dragon. Arsz think they called it murlunds spoon maybe? It only look so much bigger than in story. But bigger spoon be better Arsz think, more powerfull maybe, maybe powerfullz enough to feed whole tribe?

zagan
2009-11-17, 06:31 AM
OOC: I've srubbed my previous post, it wasn't revelant anymore.

Still a little disorient from her transformation, Xilef try to take stock of what happened to her while the other talk to the Lizardfolk. After feeling herself up she realise what has change and sttod still in shock for several second.
Thinking to herself: "Okay, calm down Xilef. It's not that important. You have bigger thing to deal with. Someone at the guild will probably be able to change you back."
Once she has calm down, she take a little time admiring the change in her magic item before refocusing on the situtaion at hand.
She move to the edge of the hole and look into it to see that the lizardfolk is now dead and she ready herself in case of another fight.
She try to adress Fannis but no sound come out of her mouth. Surprised she try again for the same result.
In a last ditch effort she try in druidic, "Derlm". Hearing herself again she talk out loud knowing that her companion have demonstrate way to understand other language in the past.
"Fares, gratun malenor from terno. Glanem trona destin."

Traduction for FishAreWet:
In a last ditch effort she try in druidic, "Tu m'entend ?". Hearing herself again she talk out loud knowing that her companion have demonstrate way to understand other language in the past.
"It seem that I can't speak common anymore. Tell me if you understand."

FishAreWet
2009-11-17, 01:12 PM
Fannis

"Well... damnit. That didn't turn out well.... I guess now we just rest for the night? Or should we go investigate the dragon room first?

Oh, and Xilef, yeah I can understand you. Why do you think that? That's crazy!"

Fannis walks over to the lizardmen guards and looks to see what they're holding, hoping for information about the dragon.

Averagedog
2009-11-17, 01:31 PM
The lizard guards in this room were all wielding battleaxes. there are two scantily clad lizards, only Arsz can actually tell that they are female, that both had wands, both of their wands have all been burned in half. That said all the bodies have not been dismembered by claws. It looks like all of their wounds have been cauterized as if it has been burned by fire.

zagan
2009-11-17, 01:36 PM
Xilef discusssion with Fannis in Druidic:

Xilef follow him and try to explain. "I'm glad you understand. When I try to talk normaly no sound come out. I can only speak in Druidic, you undestand because of your spell. I know a few word in Orc, I will try to perfect it so I can a least talk with Lutz. They're another side effect from my revival by the crystal, it turn me into a man." Xilef let him digest that revelation before continuing. "I hope the guild will be able to help me, it's not terrible but it feel really weird." After explaining all that to Fannis Xilef feel better.
"If we stay here to rest I will begin installing the camp in the corner."
After saying that Xilef will search for anything they could use to make a fire.

OOC: Search check:[roll0]
The clothes from the guard should be a good start, perhaps other thing

FishAreWet
2009-11-17, 01:52 PM
Fannis

"Oh wow! We'll I'm glad you're learning Orc, this would be difficult to do if we could never speak. Maybe when we get back to a town we'll look for some shiney items that could help? And uhh... you're a man? ummm alright..." Fannis relays the entire conversation to everyone.

"Hmmm, burned by fire. Judging from what the prisoner said, they were probably killed by that dragon." he begins to walk over to the broken down double doors. "Anyone want to come look over here with me?"

Ganurath
2009-11-17, 02:07 PM
Lutz

Lutz walks over to the conversing pair, carrying the newly acquired Maul. He places his free hand on Fannis's shoulder, eyes shut. He then begins speaking in Orcish, a language for which no online translator is readily available.

Orcish:"I think some of that was meant to stay a secret. Also, mind turning down whatever you used to scare off the dragon and the heretic?"

MenhirRocksolid
2009-11-17, 02:27 PM
So youz be saying Xilef be thinking she be he? Walks up to Xilef and touches her breasts: What you then think what these be? The females of most non egg-laying speciez all have these soft thingz called mammariez, or so Arsz read in book.

Averagedog
2009-11-17, 02:31 PM
Xilef searches around and finds lots of tables, chairs, the bar table, lots of strong alcohol, the throne with the dismembered pieces of fresh dead lizard on it....

FishAreWet
2009-11-17, 02:42 PM
Fannis

"Ah, Lutz, why should it? And yes, I'll try to tone down my beauty."

zagan
2009-11-17, 02:43 PM
Xilef give Arsz a very weird look when he touch her chest and mime touching the breast she had no longer have. Prefering to ignore him she continue to stack all the wood she find for the fire while thinking to herself. "They never where that big anyway, crazy lizard guy !"

Ganurath
2009-11-17, 02:47 PM
Lutz

Lutz smirks, patting Fannis on the back. However, he's distracted by Arsz. "Arsz... Fannis... Am I going to have to give you two The Talk?"

MenhirRocksolid
2009-11-17, 03:34 PM
No worriez Lutz, Arsz know everythingz there is to know aboutz proper insemination techniquez in mammalz. Some similaritiez there be with dragonz, Arsz much experience havez, maybe teach youz thing or two?

Ganurath
2009-11-17, 07:52 PM
Lutz

The half-orc makes a clanging noise as he facepalms. "(Orcish) Patience, Lutz, patience..."

Eternal Kanus
2009-11-17, 09:58 PM
Kekan

Kekan chuckles at the ensuing silliness. "Arsz, you may understand mammalian reproduction, but you have a great many things to learn about tact."

MenhirRocksolid
2009-11-18, 02:48 AM
Book on human interactions much more difficult be Arsz think, no nice illustrative pictures like in other book. Arsz though learning many things very slowly yes?

zagan
2009-11-18, 06:02 AM
After finnishing to amasse the wood Xilef approch fannis again (In Druidic)"It's ready, in what order should we keep watch ? I can take middle watch."

MenhirRocksolid
2009-11-18, 03:15 PM
We also could be looking for lair of dragon. Since dragon also crap his pants like other pancy there now only treasure be in lair. Easy pickings Arsz think.

Averagedog
2009-11-18, 05:44 PM
The day is ending for the adventurers in the Temple in the Mound in the Swamp in the Desert. Xilef grabbed enough flammable materials for the night and provisions were found in what remained of the Kitchen in the Temple in the Mound in the Swamp in the Desert. Sure Marius escaped from the clutches of your fellows. Sure Lord LightningFang also escaped indignantly into the bottomless waterpit, and sure his lair was completely empty of anything remotely useful, but it doesn't change the fact that everyone has survived somehow. The godstone touched companions have experienced strange and frightening things that the others won't understand for now and the others are probably rather confused by the antics of Xilef after her experience.

The night stars and moon were especially enticing that night with a cool breeze and a relaxing sigh, even the most paranoid of warriors are lulled into slumber by the peacefulness of the night. The godstoned touched members of the party have a dream, a strange dream.......

Elsewhere:

.......A Crate is being drawn in a lone cart escorted by a troop of Gnoll soldiers dressed in white suits made out of rubber with heads covered by a nearly sealed clear covering. Two of them draw the wagon and the escorting troops hold strange looking staffs in their paws. They march uniformly across the hills and landscape night and day, their red armbands with gray "+" symbols shining in the light. Eventually they come to the gates of a walled encampment, an encampment none of you recognize. your vision seems to extend further and further until a Tower is visible in the back portion of the encampment, this tower extends impossibly high, higher than mountains and into the clouds. Your vision narrows again as the marching Gnolls entering the Gnoll encampment enter the tower through the doors. Your vision fades. Suddenly the sound of keening high pitched laughter is heard akin to the sounds of a hyena except it is 10 times more maniacal and 100 times more silly.

Your vision appears again as you stare face to face into the goggled eyes of a crazy looking Gnoll. He wears a white labcoat with the same armband except the cross is gold. He wears comically large rubber gloves and wears an assortment of sciency looking doodads. around his waist are 2 holsters were two strange looking obsidian contraptions with triggers.

The crazy gnoll with the goggles says,

"Soh, Yew haf fooooound eet yez?".

A voice from your perspective says something in a language you cannot understand (unless you know Gnoll).

"Gewd Gewd...Vell then Ohpan eet!!!!"

You see a Gnoll hand extend in front of you with a crowbar, with heavy grunting the crate pops open.

The crazy Gnoll's bloodshot red eyes widen considerable,

"YEZ YEZ!!!!!!! YEW FOOOOOUND IT! YEW FOOOOUND IT! *maniacal laughter*

The crazy Gnoll reaches into the box and pulls out a greenish gray godstone in his gloved paws.

Your vision pans out revealing the guards you were seeing from. the crazy Gnoll continues to laugh the echoes reverberating off of the walls......

Your vision fades again and you know nothing more......

It is the dawn of a new day and the party finds themselves sleeping half buried in sand. Surveying the situation it would appear the mound sunk most of the way into sand and the surrounding foliage has also been covered. The swamps have somehow dried out over night and the lower sections of the temple are no longer accessible. A small pool of water remains, better fill up. The sun blazes down from above mercilessly. Looking at that map sounds like a good idea right about now.

(Arc 1 is now officially over: You guys can look at group 1's current threads.)

FishAreWet
2009-11-18, 07:03 PM
Fannis

"Heh, well, I guess we head back to the Guild?" he says as he fills up his water and starts to fiddle around with his Alphorn. "sigh... I guess we'll find the dragon later."

Ganurath
2009-11-18, 11:47 PM
Lutz

Lutz nods in agreement, taking a moment to get the feel for his new weapon. Something's obviously bothering him judging by how disproportionately high his frustration is (visible) compared to his difficulties with the weapon (nonexistant,) but it's not obvious what. He's occasionally glancing at Xilef, though.

MenhirRocksolid
2009-11-19, 03:36 AM
Arsz burrows around like a sandworm in its element

Ah, nice to havez sand in between scalez againz

zagan
2009-11-19, 03:36 AM
When she wake up, Xilef is momentarely surprise by the change arround them but she's more preocupied about something else. She glanced a Lutz and approch him, knowing that she can't talk to him she try to draw a gnoll figure in the sand and place a big rock next to it before pointing at her own head.

Ganurath
2009-11-19, 04:50 AM
Lutz

Lutz stares at the picture a moment, then nods in understanding. He points at his own head with his free hand, then uses the maul to gesture between the stone Xilef used as a visual aid and the holy symbol on his tabard. (A short Orcish question)

Orcish"Godstone gave you the same dream?"

zagan
2009-11-19, 05:15 AM
Xilef look unsure for a moment before noding firmly. She gesture toward the rest of the group and mime talking with them.

OOC:
Xilef don't speak orcish yet, but she still understand common even if she can't use it.

Ganurath
2009-11-19, 03:26 PM
Lutz

The crusader nods, whistling for the group's attention as he waves them over. "Hey, guys? I think Xilef and I may have a lead on where another godstone is. It may not be the one we were sent for, but I doubt the Guild would be picky."

Lutz pauses in thought after the words leave his mouth. What could the Argent Dragon, or any guild for that matter, do with a godstone?

MenhirRocksolid
2009-11-19, 04:22 PM
Maybe guild want to make zwamp of their own? Or maybe guild-leader also want to become powermad maniac who be afraid of men thatz be too beautifull for their own good?

zagan
2009-11-20, 01:24 PM
Once Lutz has explain their dream to the other, Xilef gesture to the sun and point in a random direction to indicate that they should move.

Ganurath
2009-11-20, 02:07 PM
Shaking off the implications of Arsz's words, Lutz explains the dream that he and Xilef apparently shared: The gnolls in white, the cross symbols, and the godstone. At Xilef's gesture, he pauses in thought. "Did our late companion mention any other survivors that may need rescuing?"

zagan
2009-11-20, 02:21 PM
Xilef rolled her eyes in exasperation and think to herself "It happened Yesterday and i already hate this curse".
Turning her attention to the other, she gesture at the sun, mime as if opening a scroll, made some magical gesture before finnaly showing her guild ring.

MenhirRocksolid
2009-11-21, 04:32 AM
If there was survivorz left Arsz think they be buried now in sand. Not everybody very good sand swimmer can be like Arsz. So where we be going now?

Averagedog
2009-11-22, 03:08 PM
with some preparations of collecting the little water that remained in the rea for the journey ahead, the party consulted the map and strode off into the desert towards Nasbangool.

After a full day of empty waste and sand and the pure heat (I'm not enforcing the rules for every week check btws :P) the party makes camp for the evening.

During the night a huge crack of thunder is heard as in the distance bluish explosions can be seen more than 10 miles away. It would take most of the night to get there without being more tired than you all already are (if you guys decide to go all of you will have the fatigued condition).

zagan
2009-11-22, 03:36 PM
When hearing the explosion, Xilef immediatly stand up ready for combat, but seeing the distance she calm down.
She look at the other and shake her head in a way of saying that she didn't want to go.
She return inside her bedroll and was asleep not a minute later.

FishAreWet
2009-11-22, 03:43 PM
Fannis

"Screw them, making all sorts of a noise and keeping us awake. I say we don't bother with it unless it gets closer. We're too tired to fight well anyways."

Ganurath
2009-11-22, 03:51 PM
Lutz

The half-orc nods in agreement. "Best to save our strength for the journey. I'll keep watch just in case, though."

MenhirRocksolid
2009-11-23, 02:59 AM
Arsz readjusts his pillow with one of his four arms while holding the spoon of power with his other three arms and continues sleeping.

Averagedog
2009-11-24, 01:59 PM
By the time it was morning the explosions in the distance have subsided. No one had a peaceful sleep but were no worse for wear. The party continues on its path, which conveniently ((for me)) leads towards the source of the clamor during the night. The site that beheld them both awed and confused them. Ahead in a giant crater pitted with smaller craters was what appeared to be the upper half of a pyramid like structure. Draped across the very top of the structure, pierced in the chest through and through by the stone capstone was Marius, or more accurately his body. The Crystal that was embedded into his flesh is gone.

the pyramid itself had stains of blood all over it as well as teh sands that soaked the blood between Marius and some other beast. Great Drag marks can be seen towards the pyramid's entrance which was huge, large enough to fit a Dragon.

Half buried in the sand near the entrance is the Lizard cook. unconcious and sprawled on the ground. His wounds don't look fatal.

zagan
2009-11-24, 02:29 PM
Xilef approch the cook warily ready for anything, she look carefully around him for any sign of trap. If she didn't see anything she signal for the other to come.

Not sure what's appropriate so I make both:
Spot check: [roll0]
Search check: [roll1]

Averagedog
2009-11-25, 12:55 AM
You can tell that the Lizard Chef is pretending to be unconscious but is actually fully aware that you are approaching. You surmise he is doing this for self preservation.

Ganurath
2009-11-25, 01:11 AM
Lutz

Lutz smirks as he looks down at the Chef. "Arsz, mind telling this guy that we'll let him live if- Wait, he spoke Common, didn't he?"

MenhirRocksolid
2009-11-25, 06:35 AM
Arsz not mind turning chef into nice side-dish either if he not be in talking mood.

Averagedog
2009-11-25, 06:22 PM
The Lizardchef cracks open an eye as sees that the party is not a maurauding group of undead. He breathes a large sigh of relief then sits up and rubs his eyes.

"Thank goodness that it was you that arrived, I didn't know how long I could pretend I was dead and therefore not an interest to the undead of the pyramid..." *the lizardcook pauses for a minute as if considering something. His eyes then widen as realization occurs* "My Lord! He's been taken inside of the pyramid!!!"

The party kind of looks at him with the "why should we care" look.
The lizard cook shrinks a little and says in a meek voice,

"Master Lightning defeated that horrible abomination though at that time the pyramid was buried beneath the sands. After a barrage of fantastic lightning explosions Master Lightning unknowingly drove the capstone of the pyramid through the abomination's chest as he slammed it into the ground. The Crystal flew out in the explosion and rolled in front of the pyramid entrance which opened. I was at a safe distance when this happened. Then loads and loads of these mummys came out defeated master lightning and dragged him inside of the pyramid with their wrappings.

Some of the mummies were approaching me when they saw me, so instead of running away where the undead would persevere and eventually catch me when I tired. I simply pretended I died in the night but in reality put myself in a state of shock from the cold freezing my blood and thus pretended I was deceased...."

Ganurath
2009-11-26, 12:27 AM
Lutz

The half-orc hefts his maul, tilting his head. "Wait... So Darius, Marius, and the Blue Dragon are in there with a bunch of mummies? How's out anti-undead arsenal, guys?"

MenhirRocksolid
2009-11-26, 06:25 AM
Hmmz, Mummiez youz say? Those be like very ugly female parentz in law? Coming back to hunt youz from beyond the grave when you finally think youz got rid of them? Arsz prepare extra claws today, so he be readiez for anythingz anyhow.

Eternal Kanus
2009-11-26, 02:05 PM
Kekan

At the mention of undead, Kekan starts to look away and mumble. "I... uh... I'm not so good with undead. They have a nasty habit of dying a lot less when I stab them."

zagan
2009-11-26, 02:15 PM
Xilef simply flex her muscle in anticipation of a good fight.

Averagedog
2009-11-30, 12:21 PM
The entrance to the pyramid is open, inviting all that would dare enter to discover the Horrors of its Tomb like deaths. The entrance is 40 feet high and is 20 feet wide. You can see that the door rose up into the ceiling of the alcove.

(No I am NOT running tome of horrors)

MenhirRocksolid
2009-11-30, 12:40 PM
Turns to the cook: Hmmz, youz know by any chance whether this place be trapped?

Ganurath
2009-11-30, 12:44 PM
Lutz

Lutz looks at the door, then readies his maul in a two-handed grip. "Can't be too heavily trapped if undead can safely navigate it... Unless mummies are intelligent undead."

[roll0] to see what Lutz knows about mummies.

Averagedog
2009-11-30, 05:11 PM
Ganurath
Mummies above anything else hate the living and seek to make them undead like them. Some mummies are powerful enough to control other undead. You've heard horror stories of undead clerics. You also know they have a horrid wilting touch.

FishAreWet
2009-11-30, 05:37 PM
Fannis

"Oh my... how I dislike the undead. They're quite disgusting!" he says as he follows the group.

zagan
2009-11-30, 05:57 PM
Xilef follow allong clearly eager to fight even an undead monstrosity. She walk next to Lutz and try to keep an eye for anything suspicious.

Spot check just in case: [roll0]

Edit: I also cast longstrider: +10ft speed for 5 hour

Ganurath
2009-11-30, 08:08 PM
Lutz

Lutz nods toward Fannis in agreement. "Just don't let them touch you, and you'll be fine. The stronger ones are clerics, so be wary of casters as well... Do our casters have proper spells readied to deal with undead?"

MenhirRocksolid
2009-12-01, 08:04 AM
Arsz looks around him for mummies and checks the ground for their tracks.

Spot check: [roll0]
Survival Track Check: [roll1]

Averagedog
2009-12-01, 08:36 AM
You see long drag marks as if something obscenely large and heavy (like a dragon) was dragged straight into the pyramid.

Eternal Kanus
2009-12-01, 10:00 AM
Kekan

His eyes widening at the sight of the drag marks, Kekan mumbles to himself. "Now that must have taken a lot of mummies..."

MenhirRocksolid
2009-12-01, 11:39 AM
Turns to Lutz: Maybe we make one big mummy trap, youz said that mummiez not the smartest of undead be right? Maybe Arsz dig big hole, then we bury mummiez with sand?

Ganurath
2009-12-01, 12:40 PM
Lutz

The half-orc shakes his head. "I was thinking undead in general when I said that. If mummies can become clerics, than they're intelligent undead. They aren't reasoning, though, which means we do this the hard way. I'll take point?"

zagan
2009-12-01, 01:31 PM
Xilef gesture for him to go on.

MenhirRocksolid
2009-12-01, 05:19 PM
Youz take point yez, Arsz will take cover behind youz

Ganurath
2009-12-01, 07:41 PM
Lutz

Lutz nods, and after shifting into one of his more obscure stances he swings his newly-acquired mallet at the door. "Knock knock!"

Full attack on the door, using maximized Stone Power to bypass the hardness thanks to the Shards of Granite feat.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Averagedog
2009-12-01, 08:11 PM
Ganurath's blows creates large cracks on the blank sandstone door with each strike causing dust to rain down around the alcove. Nothing else happens.

Ganurath
2009-12-02, 12:10 AM
Lutz

The half-orc glances over his shoulder at his comrades. "Keep up the pressure, or- Where's the cook?"

Averagedog
2009-12-02, 02:03 AM
The cook is standing behind the party obviously afraid of the contents of the pyramid. In his left hand he appears to be holding a book with a picture of a human cook dong some kind of ridiculous martial arts maneuver while holding two large steak knives and in his right hand he has a large steak knife (Handaxe) He nods and puts the book in an apron pocket, then draws out a large meat tenderizer (light mace) both of the cooking implements glow softly. He straightens his cooking hat and his monocle and waits patiently for the door to be destroyed.

FishAreWet
2009-12-02, 02:46 AM
Fannis

"soooo, just keep hitting it? it might sound silly but it seems to be working :smallredface:"

Ganurath
2009-12-02, 03:22 AM
Lutz

The half-orc nods, and continues to hammer into the door until it either gives way, is opened from the other side, or some other interruption makes itself present. Every once in a while, he'll tremble with energy before striking the door with unearthly force.

((Full attacks each round, unless I'm Granted Divine Surge. In that case, Lutz will use that manuever instead of a full attack. As always, full Stone Power penalty to ignore DR. 4d6+20 on full attack rounds, 2d6+8d8+10 for Divine Surges.))

MenhirRocksolid
2009-12-02, 03:35 AM
Go big orcy man! You show door who be boss!

zagan
2009-12-02, 04:35 AM
Xilef smile appreciatively at the demonstration of power of her firend.

Averagedog
2009-12-02, 09:00 AM
After a minute of time, Lutz finally makes a half orc sized hole in the door. The darkness greets the party in a long hallway. The drag marks are still seen and hieroglyphics line the walls along with empty torch sconces. The floor is also made of sandstone in varying triangular patterns.

Ganurath
2009-12-02, 12:56 PM
Lutz

Assuming his 60ft of darkvision don't see anything else of note, Lutz looks over his shoulder at the others. "Do we have an effective way to check for traps?"

zagan
2009-12-02, 01:26 PM
Xilef shock her head as a no, before looking at the other.

FishAreWet
2009-12-02, 02:01 PM
Fannis

"Hmm, I can't see in there to well." the half-nymph says as he grabs a rock off the ground, casts a spell onto it making it shine with light, then throws it into the hole. "Well, who's going in first? It sure isn't going to be me."

Eternal Kanus
2009-12-02, 03:15 PM
Kekan

Kekan shouts in joking indignation. "Hey! I'm not COMPLETELY worthless!" He then heads into the entryway, pulling out his everburning torch and searching the hallway for traps.

Search- [roll0]

Averagedog
2009-12-02, 04:26 PM
As Kekan starts moving down, about 20 feet in he steps on an arrow that depresses into the ground. Several darts shoots out from the wall next to him.

Roll(1d20)+8:
19,+8
Total:27

Roll(1d20)+8:
7,+8
Total:15

Roll(1d20)+8:
1,+8
Total:9

Roll(1d20)+8:
14,+8
Total:22

If there are any hits, Kekan takes 1 damage from each, then must make fortitude saves.

Eternal Kanus
2009-12-02, 05:09 PM
Kekan

As he feels the plate shift beneath him, Kekan winces. "Oh hell." Two arrows pierce his skin, but he manages to avoid the other two.

Fortitude- [roll0]
Fortitude- [roll1]

Averagedog
2009-12-02, 05:37 PM
Kekan feels a wave of nausea and sleepyness briefly overcome him, but then it passes quickly. kekan hears clicking sounds as the mechanism reloads and the triangle pressure plate moves back into position.

Eternal Kanus
2009-12-02, 06:03 PM
Kekan

Staggered slightly by the wave of nausea, Kekan quickly shakes it off and kneels, pulling out his tools and setting to work disarming the trap, taking extra caution to avoid another backfire..

Taking ten on a Disable Device check for a total of 26.

Averagedog
2009-12-02, 08:09 PM
As you attempt to disarm the device you realize that the trap is connected cunningly to other devices that you have no idea of their origins or their function. Instead you take out a piece of chalk and simply mark the triangle with an X. In your perusings you notice a few other triangle traps nearby, you mark those down with efficient movements.

Make a Thievery check (Roll a d20, add your levels with trapfinding with your intelligence modifier) as you examine the rest of the hallway in an attempt to determine a pattern to the traps.

Eternal Kanus
2009-12-02, 08:14 PM
Kekan

As he thoroughly examines the trap laden corridor, Kekan mumbles to himself. "I suspect we'll find a few mummy-turned-pincushions later on, if they dragged a dragon through here..."

Thievery- [roll0]

Averagedog
2009-12-02, 09:03 PM
You suddenly gain inspiration to ask a spellcaster of some kind to use a spell that can see magical auras after looking at the gibberish on the floor long enough to make a normal rational being go insane.

FishAreWet
2009-12-02, 09:06 PM
Fannis

"Gotcha covered!" he says, then casts Detect Magic.

MenhirRocksolid
2009-12-03, 09:35 AM
Arsz looks at the hieroglyphics trying to make sense of the pretty pictures

Int Check[roll0]

zagan
2009-12-03, 09:39 AM
While her companion studied the trap, Xilef stood guard in case of attack.

Ganurath
2009-12-03, 11:03 AM
Lutz

The crusader stands vigilant with his maul, taking a moment to examine the appearance of the pyramid and hallway to try to figure out what civilization it belonged to.

[roll0]

Averagedog
2009-12-03, 06:50 PM
Ganurath vaguely remembers a name called Loognabsan and that the entire region, while sandy to begin with with 3 small deserts, was buried in sand in a single cataclysmic event caused by a very powerful wizard attempting to become a very powerful lich. A valiant band of Dragons, one representing each metallic color (or maybe chromatic?) stopped the man that would become a lich from attaining true ultimate power and destroyed his phylactery. Alas, the region was completely devastated, the life energy gone forevermore.

Arsz can't make heads or tails of the hyroglyphics though he is entertained by pictures of cat headed pharaohs worshiped by tan skinned elves and desert orcs.

Fannis sees lots and lots of triangular tiles light up. the previously trapped triangle also glows..... ahead far far ahead, Fannis can barely make out a glowing door on the wall to the side near an intersection though no one else can see the lines of the door.

MenhirRocksolid
2009-12-04, 09:14 AM
Hmmz, hey Kekan, those dartz that hit youz, were those regular darts of any kind of special material or just plain old regular iron dartz?

zagan
2009-12-04, 09:21 AM
Xilef look curiously at Arsz wondering why it would have any importance.

MenhirRocksolid
2009-12-04, 12:03 PM
Too impatient to await the answer Arsz jumps on a Triangle marked with an X that is not close to any of his partymembers and one that has similar holes in the wall next to it as the first triangle. Expecting darts to be fired at him he readies himself to catch one of them with his four claws.

Ref save:[roll0]

Ganurath
2009-12-04, 12:22 PM
Lutz

The half-orc facepalms. "Was picking up one of the ones that missed that hard?"

zagan
2009-12-04, 02:30 PM
Xilef was secretly amused by the antique of her kobold friend and a little impressed with his courage.

FishAreWet
2009-12-04, 02:40 PM
Fannis

"Ahahah, you crazy guy! What're you doing!?" Fannis says loudly behind is belly laugh.

Averagedog
2009-12-04, 03:07 PM
Attack rolls on Arsz

Roll(1d20)+8:
18,+8
Total:26

Roll(1d20)+8:
14,+8

Roll(1d20)+8:
15,+8
Total:23

Roll(1d20)+8:
14,+8

same conditions if any of them hit.

Since arsz readied himself for the attack, he gets a + 2 circumstance bonus to AC.

(The darts are made out of bronze)

MenhirRocksolid
2009-12-04, 07:38 PM
Ooh, this be fun, Arsz can start dart collection here. *Jumps again on the same triangle*

All attacks miss, and besides, the darts dont even penetrate through his damage reduction, so even the poison effect wont work

Averagedog
2009-12-04, 09:45 PM
after several minutes, a large pile of darts start forming around Arzs....