PDA

View Full Version : Good news in the Playground!

phoenixineohp
2009-10-24, 01:28 AM
So I guess it's (beyond) time to share some good news officially with the Playground. There have been a few mentions in threads so far, but we'll finally shout it from it's own thread...

There is going to be another wedding in the playground!

After an odd and unusual story, which we'll spare you, Phoenixineohp and Midnight Son officially because engaged in early May. The wedding is set for October of 2010 and will be a very small, intimate weekend celebration in beautiful northern Ontario. Another reception will likely be held in Utah.

At this point we are happy to be celebrating our good news with the playground, and would like to celebrate it in person in some shape. We have little idea what that might be so far, but hopefully something will work out. So far, all we know is that we will be treated to the company of the Best Troll and his wonderful goddess of puddings.

Due to the legal and technical issues about being from two different countries, Midnight will be moving from Utah to Michigan to be at least a drive away, instead of a plane flight. After the wedding the process of importing him will get underway and then we'll see what happens and where we end up!

So that's the cat offically out of the bag. No more angry cats. :smallwink:

-Phoenixineohp and Midnight Son

Cobra_Ikari
2009-10-24, 01:45 AM
Congrats again, you two. =3

*snuggleses all around* ^_^

Jacklu
2009-10-24, 01:47 AM

*is speechless*

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

*not quite speechless*

^_^ Congratulations you two!

SMEE
2009-10-24, 01:51 AM
Congratulations PxP and MS.
My best wishes for you two. :smallsmile:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-10-24, 04:58 AM
Grongratulations, for the third time, I believe?:smallwink::smalltongue:

My best wishes and I hope you have a awesome wedding!

Ps. Beware of the gazebo!

phoenixineohp
2009-10-24, 06:06 AM
Thanks for the (multiple) congrats! :smalltongue:

There is a small gazebo where we are thinking of holding the Utah thing. I'll be sure we are properly armed before we approach it. :smallwink:

Starscream
2009-10-24, 08:41 AM
Congrats, you two!

And don't worry about the dread gazebo. Their not fireproof, and having an encounter together on your wedding day will bring good luck on on the marriage.

Just make sure that the cleric performing the ceremony has vestments of at least +4 enhancement.

Zeb The Troll
2009-10-24, 10:27 AM
Heh, we actually took pictures of (some*) of the wedding guests at our wedding attacking the gazebo. We told them we were going to photoshop in spell effects to make it more easily identifiable what we were doing, but, errm, we haven't yet.

Official CONGRATULATIONS to you two! Alarra and I are looking forward to making the winter trek to the northlands and sharing your special day with you. (Now to convince her it'll be okay to take the bike up there. It'll be okay, right?) :smallcool:

Dragonrider
2009-10-24, 11:03 AM
omgomgomgomg! :smallbiggrin:

That is so freakin' amazing and exciting!

Assassin89
2009-10-24, 11:17 AM
Congratulations, you two. Hope the marriage goes well, and the gazebo does not attack during that time.

Anuan
2009-10-24, 11:23 AM
Congrats and stuff! :smallbiggrin: Many happy years together, and all that jazz.

...Am I the only one that doesn't get the gazebo jokes? O.o;

Darth Mario
2009-10-24, 11:44 AM
Congrats and stuff! :smallbiggrin: Many happy years together, and all that jazz.

...Am I the only one that doesn't get the gazebo jokes? O.o;

http://www.brunchma.com/archives/Forum13/HTML/000133.html

That should help.

DraPrime
2009-10-24, 11:49 AM
Congratulations, and good luck with the marriage.

Trog
2009-10-24, 12:19 PM
Congratulations again to you both! :smallsmile:

Lupy
2009-10-24, 12:22 PM
Congratulations! :smallbiggrin:

Elfin
2009-10-24, 12:24 PM
Congratulations! :smalltongue:

Em Blackleaf
2009-10-24, 12:24 PM
Yay! Congratulations, to both of you! :smallsmile:

Alteran
2009-10-24, 01:11 PM
This is good news indeed! Congratulations, you two!

MethosH
2009-10-24, 01:15 PM
Congrats : )
too bad I'm so far away to celebrate with you :smallfrown:

wxdruid
2009-10-24, 01:38 PM
Congratulations and Best Wishes

Mauve Shirt
2009-10-24, 02:07 PM
:D Congratulations!

caw
2009-10-24, 02:53 PM
cheers !

Pyrian
2009-10-24, 03:45 PM
Congratulations! :smallbiggrin:

phoenixineohp
2009-10-24, 09:21 PM
Alarra and I are looking forward to making the winter trek to the northlands and sharing your special day with you. (Now to convince her it'll be okay to take the bike up there. It'll be okay, right?) :smallcool:

That's a great idea! The weather is random here, but I think it would go well. Just pack layers and frog togs and it should be okay. This year on the weekend, the town got some light night snow, which I was not happy about, but it didn't stay around. Temperatures have been above freezing and only now is it rainy and windy really. All this might sound less then perfect for a ride, but the view.... the view would make it. All the trees turning and going up through the country roads... beautiful! :smallsmile:

And more thanks for all the good wishes! Midnight is currently in internet withdrawal after having to take apart everything at his desk last night in prep for the move. As soon as he has the net back I'm sure he'll be posting. :smallsmile:

Gullara
2009-10-24, 09:38 PM
Congrats to you both, have a great wedding day:smallbiggrin:

Midnight Son
2009-10-24, 11:18 PM
Well, it turns out I didn't actually have to unplug everything, since the desk it was on didn't end up getting moved to my sister's (as originally planned), so I'm back and over my withdrawal.

Thanks to all of you who offered us well wishes. Looking forward to spending much time with my beautiful PxP in the next many decades.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/Dwarf71/Smileys/HeartJump.gif

Fawkes
2009-10-24, 11:24 PM
*downs several bottles of champagne*

Im shho hhhappy for you guyshh.

FoE
2009-10-24, 11:24 PM
Well, I'll be damned.

Congratulations.

Don Julio Anejo
2009-10-25, 12:18 AM
I now pronounce you, :haley: and you, :belkar: man and wife! You may now kiss the bride.

Dragonrider
2009-10-25, 12:19 AM
I now pronounce you, :haley: and you, :belkar: man and wife! You may now kiss the bride.

...I LOL'd. :smallamused: Not really. But it was funny.

Felixaar
2009-10-25, 01:06 AM
A wedding! I love weddings! Drinks all around!

:smalltongue:

Whats happening to that sweet, sweet couch of yours, Mid?

Serpentine
2009-10-25, 02:29 AM
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.

Whoa.

What?

>feels out of the loop< :smallfrown:

Also: Long time no stuff, both of you.

CurlyKitGirl
2009-10-25, 10:02 AM
Congratulations you two!

Bonecrusher Doc
2009-10-25, 03:01 PM
Have a good wedding and a great marriage!

Reinholdt
2009-10-25, 05:52 PM
Congratulations. I wish the two of you a long and happy life together.

Thufir
2009-10-25, 05:57 PM
Congratulations!

KilltheToy
2009-10-25, 06:17 PM
Yay! Congrats to both of you!

As for the dreaded gazebo, I reccomend fire. Lots and lots of it. Heck, just use it for any problems you might have on your wedding day :smallwink:.

Stormthorn
2009-10-25, 08:02 PM
I was hoping this would be a general thread for good news. Congrats anyways.

Nomrom
2009-10-25, 11:13 PM
Congratulations!

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2009-10-27, 03:03 PM
Once again, a thread escapes my notice, and I'm late to the party. And might I just say...

IT'S ABOUT TIME! :smallwink: Now I need not maintain the silence I was vowed to when I had lunch with Midnight Son many, many moons ago!

Congratulations to the both of you. (I would say "all of Phoenix gets to hug you back now," but I don't live there anymore. :smalltongue:) Joking aside, it's great news!

Jokasti
2009-10-27, 03:58 PM
Congo ratz!

billtodamax
2009-10-28, 02:27 AM
Yay! Congrats to both of you!

As for the dreaded gazebo, I reccomend fire. Lots and lots of it. Heck, just use it for any problems you might have on your wedding day :smallwink:.

I'd be packing a couple of flamethrowers.

Congratulations both of you! Many happy years of life!

Death, your friend the Reaper
2009-10-28, 06:30 AM
Wow, congratulations you guys!

Are we going to get wedding photos? If I recall we've only seen the back of the arm of pxp :smalltongue:

Midnight Son, if 75% of the wedding isn't done on a motorcycle I'll be disappointed :smallwink:

But once more, best of luck to you two, couldn't have happened to nicer playgrounders :smallsmile:

EDIT: I was going to have a stern talk to you about the cats in the bags, but I see that they are free now, and no cataclysmic occurrences have happened:smallwink:

smellie_hippie
2009-10-28, 06:51 AM
Congradulations to you both!!

We of the SE Trogland Official Wedding committee approve of this, our second introduction that has or will result in wedded bliss. This brings our current status to 2 of 3 meet-ups instigating a sharing of vows. We are always open to consider the recommendations of a third nomination*, if you would all be so kind as to survey the guest lists and photo journals in their respective threads. :smallamused:

*All nominations must be approved by the entire committe of SE Trogland Official Wedding Committee, and voted on with at least a 3/4 majority, pending any abstentions due to absences, pregnancies or unprovoked Gazebo attacks... :smalltongue:

Perenelle
2009-10-28, 03:30 PM
Yay!! Congrats! :smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

phoenixineohp
2009-11-06, 09:53 PM
Thanks for all the added congrats! It's now less then a year away. And the stack of wedding mags is staring at me from the corner of the room. :smalleek: I keep forgetting I need to plan this thing and all.

Yes, sorry about that Serp. I do feel really bad about that. But there was no loop pretty much. *offers apology hugs?*

Fire solves wedding day problems? Interesting....
*pictures the crying kids being solved with... oh dear... a....a..fire pit! for marshmellows! Yes! Happy thoughts!*

Mr. Mud
2009-11-06, 09:57 PM
Congratz! This is really exciting. :smallbiggrin:.

Mystic Muse
2009-11-06, 10:08 PM
Congo Rats, cake and ice cream!

Lissou
2009-11-06, 10:20 PM
Congrats!
I also met my husband on a forum (although not this one) so I know how complicated things can be. We weren't even on the same continent and don't share the same first language!

But as you no doubt know already, it's all worth it is in end.

Although I'm confused as to how it's possible to be engaged even before moving together, but if that works for you, then good for you. (And I'm assuming the citizenship thing might be what made it complicated for you to live together until after the wedding).

Once again, Congrats!

Zocelot
2009-11-06, 11:11 PM
Congratulations to both of you. This is joyous news indeed. I wish you both happiness in your marriage.

Serpentine
2009-11-06, 11:36 PM
Yes, sorry about that Serp. I do feel really bad about that. But there was no loop pretty much. *offers apology hugs?*Hrm =.= It's a good start, but...

I DEMAND APOLOGY CAKE!

Flickerdart
2009-11-06, 11:44 PM
Ontario? Hey, there's a bunch of us in here...depending on how northern you're thinking (nobody has the time to drive all the way to Thunder Bay, I don't think) a number of Playgrounders could easily show up, haha.

Also, congratulations and suchlike. I hope they don't charge you the sales tax at customs, that's when they getcha if you let your guard down.

Occasional Sage
2009-11-07, 12:13 AM
Joy and peace to you both!

phoenixineohp
2009-11-07, 08:44 PM
Congrats!
I also met my husband on a forum (although not this one) so I know how complicated things can be. We weren't even on the same continent and don't share the same first language!

But as you no doubt know already, it's all worth it is in end.

Although I'm confused as to how it's possible to be engaged even before moving together, but if that works for you, then good for you. (And I'm assuming the citizenship thing might be what made it complicated for you to live together until after the wedding).

Once again, Congrats!

That's amazing! Different languages? That's really amazing. I don't think I could handle that. It's weird to learn the differences between the US and Canada but at least they are really similar. And I'm not French Canadian...

As for the engaged before living together, we're doing it old school! :smalltongue: But yes, partly because of the citizenship issues and partly because his parents would have issues. But mostly because we can't live and work in the same country together until we are married. :smallsigh: But it makes it something to really look forward to! We've spent enough time visiting to know what living with each other will be like. (He has brought me Tim Hortons tea and timbits as a wake up surprise! I have to marry the man who does that! :smallwink:)

Serp: *starts making the cake* *accidentally sets fire to the kitchen* *puts out fire and tries to save the apology cake* *while icing over the burn marks the cake spontaneously bursts into flames and finishes off the kitchen* *saves phone book and calls bakery* *decides bakery is overdone and calls a special place* *orders apology cake replacement*

Ta Da!
http://www.ediblearrangements.com/images/arrangements/delCelb_halfDipDais_large.gif
"A fun and delicious design with half the strawberries dipped in gourmet chocolate, fresh pineapple stars, dipped pineapple daisies, grapes, cantaloupe and honeydew."

Serpentine
2009-11-07, 11:17 PM
Hrmmmm...

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/funny-pictures-cat-likes-offering.jpeg

Trobby
2009-11-07, 11:35 PM
Awww...congratulations to both of you. :smallredface: May you both live long and happy lives together.