PDA

View Full Version : In-game Jokes

GreatWyrmGold
2009-10-25, 10:06 AM
Come up with jokes for in-game! (No, this is not a contest. Sorry.)

I'll start.

A dragon goes on vacation, so a thief decides to take some treasure. As he enters, he hears, "Io is watching."
After looking around some, he decides to ignore it. After a bit, he hears louder, "Io is watching."
The thief notices a pseudodragon. The pseudodragon says, "Io is watching."
The theif says, "You're annoying."
"Io is watching."
"And I suppose you're Io?"
"No. My name is Bahamut."
"Bahamut? Who names a pseudodragon Bahamut?"
'"A dragon named Io."

Two orcs werre hunting. One accidently shoots his friend. When he realises what happened, he immediatly takes his friend to a cleric. He asks the cleric, "Will my friend make it?" The cleric replies, "Well, to be honest, he'd of had a better chance it you hadn't started to skin him."

Why did the goblin cross the road?
To get the chicken.

oxinabox
2009-10-25, 10:32 AM
A dragon goes on vacation, so a thief decides to take some treasure. As he enters, he hears, "Io is watching."
After looking around some, he decides to ignore it. After a bit, he hears louder, "Io is watching."
"Io is watching."
'"A dragon named Io."

that ones excellent

Why did the goblin cross the road?
To get the chicken.
that one is not

CoffeeIncluded
2009-10-25, 10:37 AM
Every male character and their father is hitting on my character.

GreatWyrmGold
2009-10-25, 10:45 AM
that ones excellent
thank you.

that one is not
Why? :smallfrown:

Dixieboy
2009-10-25, 10:50 AM
Once upon a time an Adventurer found a lamp, thrilled because he had read about genies in a new sourcebook, he rubbed the lamp and out came the genie he had expected.
It offered him three wishes, there was however a catch; the BBEG of the story would get everything he got times 10.
The adventurer agreed to the terms, and asked for a +10 sword.
The Genie warned him that this would mean that the BBEG would get a +100 sword, but the adventurer didn't seem to mind.
Then he wished to be the richest man in the world, the genie warned him that the BBEG would be 10 times as rich, he again did not mind.
For his last wish he asked for a cr 10 monster to fight.

Melamoto
2009-10-25, 11:32 AM
Once upon a time an Adventurer found a lamp, thrilled because he had read about genies in a new sourcebook, he rubbed the lamp and out came the genie he had expected.
It offered him three wishes, there was however a catch; the BBEG of the story would get everything he got times 10.
The Genie warned him that this would mean that the BBEG would get a +100 sword, but the adventurer didn't seem to mind.
Then he wished to be the richest man in the world, the genie warned him that the BBEG would be 10 times as rich, he again did not mind.

This one is definitely good. So... Pseudonatural Paragon Great Wyrm Prismatic Dragon? :smalltongue:

Yukitsu
2009-10-25, 12:26 PM
And the new BBEG of the campaign is...

Gamerlord
2009-10-25, 02:13 PM
"Io is watching."
'"A dragon named Io."

I don't get it.

The Rose Dragon
2009-10-25, 02:14 PM
Io is the god of all dragons as well as all the dragon gods. Bahamut is a dragon god. So, compared to Io, Bahamut is like a mere pseudodragon.

Storm Bringer
2009-10-25, 02:16 PM
take your average Irish/welsh/canuck/newfie/people who are thought a bit stupid joke, change to orc/dwarf/halfing, and volia!

for example:

how do halfings enter honest business?
usually though the windows.

another one:

An Human, an Elf and a Dwarf were asked in a survey what race they would like to have been born if they hadn't been the race they were.
'If I hadn't been born a human,' said The human, 'I would have liked to have been orc.'
'If I hadn't been born an elf,' said The elf, 'I would have liked to have been a halfing.'
'If I hadn't been born a dwarf,' said The Dwarf, 'I would have been ashamed of myself.'

Sliver
2009-10-25, 02:39 PM

He could have just asked to lose 1/10th of his HP. +1 one more I guess.

taltamir
2009-10-25, 02:47 PM
Every male character and their father is hitting on my character.

i think your DM is trying to be subtle about hitting on you then :)

rezplz
2009-10-25, 02:50 PM
i think your DM is trying to be subtle about hitting on you then :)

Emphasis on trying.

GreatWyrmGold
2009-10-25, 03:07 PM
I don't get it.

Io is the god of all dragons as well as all the dragon gods. Bahamut is a dragon god. So, compared to Io, Bahamut is like a mere pseudodragon.
Er...not what i had in mind.

Ever heard the similar joke about a rotweiler named Jesus?

El Chupaqueso
2009-10-26, 08:07 AM
take your average Irish/welsh/canuck/newfie/people who are thought a bit stupid joke, change to orc/dwarf/halfing, and volia!

It works pretty well for lawyer jokes, too.

What do you call a thousand Paladins on the bottem of the ocean?

A good start!

Kris Strife
2009-10-26, 09:55 AM
How do you tell the difference between an elephant and an elf?

The Elephant has smaller ears.

Did you hear about the half-orc druid that got a zebra animal companion?

Named it Spot.

Tiki Snakes
2009-10-26, 10:02 AM
Er...not what i had in mind.

Ever heard the similar joke about a rotweiler named Jesus?

yeah, but the jesus joke is actually funny on account of it has an actual punchline.

A burglar broke into a house one night. He shined his flashlight around, looking for valuables, and when he picked up a CD player to place in his pack, a strange, disembodied voice echoed from the dark saying, "Jesus is watching you."

He nearly jumped out of his skin, clicked his flashlight out, and froze. When he heard nothing more after a bit, he shook his head, promised himself a vacation after the next big score, then clicked the light on and began searching for more valuables. Just as he pulled the stereo out so he could disconnect the wires, clear as a bell he heard,

"Jesus is watching you." Freaked out, he shone his light around frantically, looking for the source of the voice. Finally, in the corner of the room, his flashlight beam came to rest on a parrot. "Did you say that?", he hissed at the parrot.

"Yep," the parrot confessed, then squawked, "I'm just trying to warn you."

The burglar relaxed. "Warn me, huh? Who in the world are you?"

"Moses," replied the bird.

"Moses?" the burglar laughed. "What kind of people would name a birdMoses?"

"The kind of people that would name a Rottweiller Jesus."

Kris Strife
2009-10-26, 10:51 AM
He's not a halfling. He's an elf with the wind knocked out of him.

AstralFire
2009-10-26, 10:53 AM
yeah, but the jesus joke is actually funny on account of it has an actual punchline.

A burglar broke into a house one night. He shined his flashlight around, looking for valuables, and when he picked up a CD player to place in his pack, a strange, disembodied voice echoed from the dark saying, "Jesus is watching you."

He nearly jumped out of his skin, clicked his flashlight out, and froze. When he heard nothing more after a bit, he shook his head, promised himself a vacation after the next big score, then clicked the light on and began searching for more valuables. Just as he pulled the stereo out so he could disconnect the wires, clear as a bell he heard,

"Jesus is watching you." Freaked out, he shone his light around frantically, looking for the source of the voice. Finally, in the corner of the room, his flashlight beam came to rest on a parrot. "Did you say that?", he hissed at the parrot.

"Yep," the parrot confessed, then squawked, "I'm just trying to warn you."

The burglar relaxed. "Warn me, huh? Who in the world are you?"

"Moses," replied the bird.

"Moses?" the burglar laughed. "What kind of people would name a birdMoses?"

"The kind of people that would name a Rottweiller Jesus."

That is much funnier.

KitsuneKionchi
2009-10-26, 01:28 PM
"Hey I think I have an escape plan...does this planet have a moon?"
"Yeah"
"Read Transmute Rock to Lava."
"What about it?"
"If cast on the ground, it causes a pillar of lava to shoot up from the earth onto the surface. The surface of the moon is definately a surface."
"So?"
"So I'm gonna create a pillar of lava from the center of the earth to a 5 foot square on the moon and ride it with elemental immunity "fire" and a lot of ranks in swim..."
"You do realise the moon isn't in geosynchronous orbit, right? The pillar would be moving across the face of the planet, killing countless..."
"So? I'm chaotic neutral!"
"I think that would shift you to evil."
"Fine. Its unintentional. I'm chaotic stupid."

Wereling
2009-10-26, 01:32 PM
"Hey I think I have an escape plan...does this planet have a moon?"
"Yeah"
"Read Transmute Rock to Lava."
"What about it?"
"If cast on the ground, it causes a pillar of lava to shoot up from the earth onto the surface. The surface of the moon is definately a surface."
"So?"
"So I'm gonna create a pillar of lava from the center of the earth to a 5 foot square on the moon and ride it with elemental immunity "fire" and a lot of ranks in swim..."
"You do realise the moon isn't in geosynchronous orbit, right? The pillar would be moving across the face of the planet, killing countless..."
"So? I'm chaotic neutral!"
"I think that would shift you to evil."
"Fine. Its unintentional. I'm chaotic stupid."

That...actually makes my head hurt to think about. I don't think I'd want to be in a game with that person.

AstralFire
2009-10-26, 01:40 PM
That is... brilliant in so many terrible ways. It's also the first thing on this thread that was actually funny. (Tiki's posting of the Rottweiler joke doesn't count - it wasn't gaming related.)

KitsuneKionchi
2009-10-26, 01:41 PM
That...actually makes my head hurt to think about. I don't think I'd want to be in a game with that person.

Awwh...but it combines the two best evil genius standards for super weapons: a moon based doom weapon *and* liquid hot magma.

EDIT: Thank you *bows*. Its modified from its original, but this was the basis of the joke.

Theoretical in game ideas make the best non-halfling-related jokes.

Besides, halfling puns are only a little funny for a short while.

Wereling
2009-10-26, 01:58 PM
Awwh...but it combines the two best evil Besides, halfling puns are only a little funny for a short while.
Careful. Those jokes can be hobbit forming.

jiriku
2009-10-26, 01:59 PM
So a paladin, a tiefling, and a truenamer walk into a bar. The paladin looks around and says "There's got to be a punch line here somewhere."

KitsuneKionchi
2009-10-26, 02:02 PM
An osetomancer, a blood magus and a cancer mage walk into a bar...which gets closed 2 minutes later due to poor sanitation!

Ba dum psh.

Pika...
2009-10-26, 02:05 PM
Rogue: "So how do you get two clerics to fight to the death?"
Fighter: "How?"
Rogue: "Toss a little boy between them."

Wereling
2009-10-26, 02:06 PM
How many munchkins does it take to change a lightbulb?

Just one. He holds the bulb up to the socket and the whole world revolves around him.

KitsuneKionchi
2009-10-26, 02:15 PM
How many lightbulbs does it take to change a munckin?

None, the warm happy glow of his monitor at the character optimization boards is more than enough light.

sofawall
2009-10-26, 02:24 PM

for example:

how do halfings enter honest business?
usually though the windows.

another one:

An Human, an Elf and a Dwarf were asked in a survey what race they would like to have been born if they hadn't been the race they were.
'If I hadn't been born a human,' said The human, 'I would have liked to have been orc.'
'If I hadn't been born an elf,' said The elf, 'I would have liked to have been a halfing.'
'If I hadn't been born a dwarf,' said The Dwarf, 'I would have been ashamed of myself.'

Canucks are the stupid ones?

Thajocoth
2009-10-26, 02:29 PM
Canucks are the stupid ones?

I don't think anyone really thinks that, but there are jokes making fun of pretty much every group of people on the planet as being "stupid".

An adventuring party finds a working lavatory in the dungeon. The party's rogue and paladin make a quick stop. As they leave:
Paladin: "You do not wash your hands? That's dirty and unclean!"
Rogue: "I have enough skill points not to pee on them."

Alternate punchline: Rogue: "I have Evasion."

Edwin
2009-10-26, 02:30 PM
Take the Shadowcraft Mage PrC from Races of Stone and use the following phrase in any sentence; Imbued with the power of shadow stuff.

What the hell were they thinking when they wrote that, seriously.

I can just imagine the scene of a gnomish mage, swirling with shaded power currents, darkening everything in a miles radius as he screams; I'll strike you down with my mighty magic, imbued with the power of shadow stuff! All the while the orcish raiders keel over, laughing.

Damn, that's bad fluff.

KitsuneKionchi
2009-10-26, 02:32 PM
My next character is going to be an awakened feral bear polymorphed into 'the bear' (title for a human in OA) turned into a Werebear with levels in druid (wildshaped into a bear), animal lord (bear totem), bear totem barbarian and bear warrior.

Yes. I'm a bear who turns into a lawful good bear who wildshapes into a bear who rages and becomes a bigger bear.

Edwin
2009-10-26, 02:34 PM
My next character is going to be an awakened feral bear polymorphed into 'the bear' (title for a human in OA) turned into a Werebear with levels in druid (wildshaped into a bear), animal lord (bear totem), bear totem barbarian and bear warrior.

Yes. I'm a bear who turns into a lawful good bear who wildshapes into a bear who rages and becomes a bigger bear.

Wauw, that's pure awesome right there. Might as well write Chuck Norris on a big banner and tie it to your back while you're at it. :smallbiggrin:

Pika...
2009-10-26, 02:35 PM

That hurts my head.

Thajocoth
2009-10-26, 02:37 PM

I don't get it. Sounds like a perfectly legitimate character design to me.

KitsuneKionchi
2009-10-26, 02:37 PM
Wauw, that's pure awesome right there. Might as well write Chuck Norris on a big banner and tie it to your back while you're at it. :smallbiggrin:

Chuck Norris took 10 levels of bear warrior. To bad he can't rage--that would imply his anger could subside.

Oh and:

"My epic ranger does a spot check so high he can see the cowboy hat wearing goblin sneaking up behind him."
"But...the earth's gravity isn't strong enough to bend light around itself..."
"No. He see's to the end of the universe into an alternate dimension identical to this one, except everyone is wearing cowboy hats."

Or better yet:
"What's the spot check to see the DM sheet?"

DiscipleofBob
2009-10-26, 02:44 PM
A fighter walks into a bar and takes 1d4 bludgeoning damage.

A fighter walks into a bard and then spends 2 hours looking up grappling rules.

A fighter walks into a barge and the DM pulls out Stormwrack.

Thajocoth
2009-10-26, 02:49 PM
A Fighter, a Rogue, a Wizard, a Cleric and a Ranger walk into a tavern. The bartender says "What is this, an adventuring party?"

Original (better than adapted version):
A lawyer, a kid, a dog, a duck, a priest, a rabbi, a nun, a doctor, and a scientist walk into a bar. The bartender takes one look and says: "What is this, a joke?"

Superglucose
2009-10-26, 02:52 PM
How many munchkins does it take to change a lightbulb?

Just one. He holds the bulb up to the socket and the whole world revolves around him.

That's funny on multiple levels.

Mongoose87
2009-10-26, 02:59 PM
That's funny on multiple levels.

It could be funnier if it dropped its barbarian levels for warblade.

Tough_Tonka
2009-10-26, 03:11 PM
An orc walks into a club. He takes 1d6 points of damage.

Pika...
2009-10-26, 03:12 PM
An orc walks into a club. He takes 1d6 points of damage.

Congrats. You actually made me laugh out loud.

Jergmo
2009-10-26, 03:16 PM
Careful. Those jokes can be hobbit forming.

Don't make me call the P.P.P.P... (Pun Pusher Punishing Patrol)

JeenLeen
2009-10-26, 03:27 PM
We recently stopped playing D&D and started playing Mage: The Ascension. One of our characters got a Paradox backlash and was laid up in bed for a few days. None of the other PCs thought to feed him, give him water, or make sure he could use the restroom. (The player and DM didn't think of it either until the chara recovered.)
When he awoke, his character came after mine (the only guy with known medical training) and yelled:

"What do humans need to live? Food and water! What were you thinking?"
"I'm sorry. We've been playing D&D for so long it never occurred to me that you needed to eat or drink."

Jade_Tarem
2009-10-26, 03:28 PM
An oldie, risque and possibly not for the kiddies:

A gnome adventurer was very depressed. He had the worst luck with women. Not a one of them would even give him a second thought or the time of day.

As he was moping on a street corner, a dwarven magic-items merchant happened by. "What's got ye so sad, there?" He asked.

"The entire female gender. It's not that they find me offensive or unlikable, I can't even get them to notice me! Even if I can get a date, I'm constantly being overlooked or passed up for bigger, badder adventurers," the gnome replied.

"Ah, well then, you're in luck," said the dwarf, "for I happen to have a magic item or three that will be sure to win ye a romantic evening."

"Really?"

"Aye. Ye see, the fastest way to win yerself a lass is to use a Quaal's Feather Token."

"A Quaal's- you're putting me on," the gnome accused.

"Nay, lad. Tell ye what, I'll sell some to ye, and if they don't work, I'll give ye yer money back. How about that, aye?"

"Well, ok..." The gnome was dubious, but heck, what did he have to lose?

"Alright," said the dwarf, pulling out three of the feathers. "Now, this one's for a human lass, this one's for an elven lady, and this one... ah, you don't look like the type."

"No, I'll try it. What's the last one for?"

"Well, if ye should meet a tiefling gal, this will spice things up a bit, I suppose."

"Well, I'll give it a try. Thank you, good sir."

"Sure... have fun!"

So the gnome ventured forth, and in the course of his travels, he found a human woman and managed to get a date. They went to the river, and at the appropriate moment, he produced the feather token, creating a great swan boat. The human thought this was very romantic, and they went for a lazy cruise down the river, and made passionate love, parting amicably the next morning.

Excited, the gnome moved on to elven lands, where he eventually met and managed to convince an elven lady to go out with him. At the appropriate moment, he produced his feather token, and a great big tree sprang up from the ground. The elf found it fairly romantic, and coyly invited him to climb up after her. You can guess the rest.

Particularly bold now, the gnome moved on to the city, where he finally spotted a tiefling girl. She found him very attractive, and after a nice dinner, they got a room at an inn. At the appropriate moment, he produced the final feather token, wondering what it would do.

She grinned and took it from him. A moment later, darkness engulfed the room.

And then he heard the crack of the whip...

Myou
2009-10-26, 03:36 PM
An oldie, risque and possibly not for the kiddies:

Oh god, that wasn't funny at all. it didn't even make sense.

Elves have a tree fetish?!

Pika...
2009-10-26, 03:40 PM
We recently stopped playing D&D and started playing Mage: The Ascension. One of our characters got a Paradox backlash and was laid up in bed for a few days. None of the other PCs thought to feed him, give him water, or make sure he could use the restroom. (The player and DM didn't think of it either until the chara recovered.)
When he awoke, his character came after mine (the only guy with known medical training) and yelled:

"What do humans need to live? Food and water! What were you thinking?"
"I'm sorry. We've been playing D&D for so long it never occurred to me that you needed to eat or drink."

Hey,

As some on here could tell you that is not true of D&D either. :smallbiggrin:

Anyway, here goes:

A party of adventurers just broke their shackles and escaped a drow priestess' dungeon, and are trying to escape.

20 minutes later they come across a set of steel doors blocking their path.

Rogue: "Dammit. I failed my Open Lock check."
Fighter/Party Leader: "OK, Dorgen do your stuff."
Entire Party: "????"
Fighter/Party Leader: "What the hell?! Where is that Half-Orc Barbarian?"
Player #3: "Oh, yeah, he decided to stay."

Lycan 01
2009-10-26, 03:42 PM

Are you kidding? That was hilarious! :smallbiggrin:

@ Pika...: Why'd the Barbarian stay behind? :smallconfused:

Jade_Tarem
2009-10-26, 03:44 PM

Elves have a tree fetish?!

I honestly only found it somewhat funny myself, but some people have assured me it's humorous, so I figured 'what the heck?'

Calling it a tree fetish is a bit much, though - it was just supposed to create a romantic atmosphere in accordance with DnD racial stereotypes. Would you say that the human had a boat fetish?

Myou
2009-10-26, 03:45 PM
Are you kidding? That was hilarious! :smallbiggrin:

Hilarious... ly bad? :smallconfused:

I honestly only found it somewhat funny myself, but some people have assured me it's humorous, so I figured 'what the heck?'

You should have watched for their rolling Bluff. :3

Calling it a tree fetish is a bit much, though - it was just supposed to create a romantic atmosphere in accordance with DnD racial stereotypes. Would you say that the human had a boat fetish?

Nah, she was just easy.

Lycan 01
2009-10-26, 03:49 PM
The elf liked the tree because it created a romantic setting. For somebody who's in tune with nature and all that, what would be more romantic than being with somebody up in the branches of a healthy tree? It makes perfect sense when you look at if from the elf's point of view...

I found it hilarious because of the punch line. The Gnome didn't bother to ask questions, and he ended up biting off more than he could chew, which I found funny. :smalltongue:

Myou
2009-10-26, 03:52 PM
The elf liked the tree because it created a romantic setting. For somebody who's in tune with nature and all that, what would be more romantic than being with somebody up in the branches of a healthy tree? It makes perfect sense when you look at if from the elf's point of view...

I found it hilarious because of the punch line. The Gnome didn't bother to ask questions, and he ended up biting off more than he could chew, which I found funny. :smalltongue:

"He can grow trees, I must make him mine."

Yes, perfect sense. :smalltongue:

What if he liked whips? They're pretty mainstream. And he could have just said 'no'.

Lycan 01
2009-10-26, 03:56 PM
Oh for crying out loud! Its a joke! Don't dissect it, just laugh at it! :smallbiggrin:

Jade_Tarem
2009-10-26, 04:05 PM

Maybe it's not so much that he can grow trees, as that she was impressed by the size of his wood.

...I feel dirty.

Myou
2009-10-26, 04:06 PM
Oh for crying out loud! Its a joke! Don't dissect it, just laugh at it! :smallbiggrin:

But it isn't funny. :smallsmile:

Maybe it's not so much that he can grow trees, as that she was impressed by the size of his wood.

...I feel dirty.

Better!

AstralFire
2009-10-26, 04:06 PM
I thought it was cute, myself.

Pika...
2009-10-26, 05:44 PM

Drow priestess, dungeon....shackles....

I failed the game...

KitsuneKionchi
2009-10-26, 05:57 PM

Makes more sense than an anchor or a fan (the other options for the token).

A friend asks to play a female warlock but wants me to make the sheet. I come back two weeks later with a witch using the base class from the DMG.

GreatWyrmGold
2009-10-26, 08:07 PM
A monastary hires a bard and a wizard to help its monks fight an orc army. The wizard teleports to a spot not too far from the battlefield-to-be. After a while, the bard asks, "What are you waiting for?"
The wizard replies, "The punch line."

littlebottom
2009-10-26, 09:46 PM
born from these here very boards... i give you the man with a gun fetish

"Not exactly. Never much of a fighter myself." He takes this opportunity to dramatically **** his shotgun. "Always a first time for everything. Let's roll."

needless to say, it was the forum blocking the harmless word in this context, but that just made it all the funnier:smallbiggrin:

this is from earlyer today from a PbP game:smalltongue: