PDA

View Full Version : Sadamitsu, Agile battle dancer

Sutrahariel
2009-10-25, 09:07 PM
I know I am making a lot of things, but I have a huge need for characters so I'm trying to place them into a pile for future use.

This idea came to me randomly, but I was thinking of some way to make a PC that would use a scythe in a more dexterousness manner and also be able to command a murder of ravens (ToM). Its a very vague idea, so let me write out a little check list for you and me:

1.Uses a large scythe
2. Focuses on speed/dexterity/Multiple attack
3. Has some magical abilities, however small
4. Can somehow controls crows
5. wears little armor
6. anything else is open to your imagination

Any questions? advice? Classes? Feats?

Pic: here (http://www.flickr.com/photos/lol69/2610549898/)

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-10-25, 10:34 PM
Scythe cannot be finessed.

You may be able to make a swiftblade character with a scythe, though.

Perhaps with a bit of Abjurant Champion and Arcane Duelist thrown in?

Paladin2/Sorc4/Spellsword1/Abjurant Champion5/Swiftblade 8?

Bard6/Spellsword1/Arcane Duelist2/Sublime Chord1/Swiftblade10?

Coidzor
2009-10-25, 10:37 PM
...I misread that as agile battle belly dancer....:smalleek:

quiet1mi
2009-10-25, 10:45 PM
IIRC isn't there a material that allows you to make attacks with DEX instead of STR? Feycraft IIRC...

Tanaric
2009-10-25, 10:49 PM
Shadow Blade also lets you replace STR with DEX for damage when in a Shadow Hand stance.

Sutrahariel
2009-10-25, 11:13 PM
I truely wish that Shadow blade could be non-ToB >.<

With your ideas in mind I'm thinking of making a Bard 5/Icesinger 5/SwiftBlade 10 Focusing on Battle Dancer and Snowflake War Dance. Any thoughts?

Archetype-
2009-10-25, 11:54 PM
<ducks behind a wall of sandbags as a flurry of large pistol rounds fly through the general vicinity of where he was>

For a moment, I thought you were referring to the Battle Dancer PrC listed in Oriental Adventures. Goes to show you can't judge a thread by it's title.

There's a couple of problems with that line of thought (awesome as it is). You can only apply Shadow Blade when you're in a Shadow Hand stance and wielding one of Shadow Hand's discipline weapons, and the scythe is not such a weapon. Also, Snowflake Wardance only applies to one-handed slashing weapons and the scythe is an obvious two-hander.

As mentioned above, the Swiftblade is an excellent choice for a fast-moving gish. Mix that in with some other shiny PrCs like Abjurant Champion and/or Eldritch Knight and you'll be making julienne fries out of your foes fairly well. You can always use Mage Armor for your “armor,” switching to it's Greater version in the Spell Compendium when you get access to it.

I believe there's some form of Charm spell in the SRD that would allow you to command a murder of ravens like you want, likely Charm Monster (as you cannot Charm Person an animal, obviously).

I'm not familiar with the Icesinger PrC you mention, but I'm guessing either of Pharoh's Fist's builds would work rather nicely for your purpose. Just be sure you pick up Power Attack and Arcane Strike. I can personally vouch for their effectiveness, especially when used in combination with each other and other effects that enhance your accuracy (e.g. True Strike, charging, Wraithstrike).

Actually, I don't think you specified whether you wanted to have arcane or divine magic. If you wanted to have divine spells, you could play a Druid and take a feat to snag proficiency with the scythe. When you get Wild Shape, you can take the Cheetah's Speed feat from Complete Divine. Burn a Wild Shape use and get a nice fifty-foot base speed for an hour. Once during that hour, you can move up to ten times that speed as part of a charge. Tack on a casting of Longstride and call yourself Speedy Gonzalez.

EDIT: Druids also have a fair few spells (hell, even a class ability) that can command and control animals quite well. Based on all this, I'd say a straight Druid is your best bet.

I truely wish that Shadow blade could be non-ToB

I feel your pain. Just about everyone in my gaming circle save me and perhaps one other guy thinks that ToB is broken. Then again, many of them think the friggin' monk is awesomesauce when he's actually quite weak. Meh, I'm not getting into that at this late hour.

Archetype-

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-10-26, 12:25 AM
I feel your pain. Just about everyone in my gaming circle save me and perhaps one other guy thinks that ToB is broken. Then again, many of them think the friggin' monk is awesomesauce when he's actually quite weak. Meh, I'm not getting into that at this late hour.

They must be destroyed. See if you can get any of them to duel me. (See my sig for explaination)