PDA

View Full Version : Paranoia V - Game On!

Kyouhen
2009-10-26, 02:56 PM
Paranoia V!
What's that citizen? What happened to Paranoia IV? We already did that. Are you disagreeing with me citizen? I think you should have a word with Friend Computer...

Friend Computer needs help! After everyone was found to be a Commie Mutant Traitor last time, Friend Computer wisely had all the members executed. Friend Computer now needs new teams to hunt down the traitors that would taint The Computer's perfect world! Any volunteers?

Rules

General

Days last 48 hours, nights last 24 hours.
During the day points are made in RED. Pointing in any other colour is treason. Traitors will be executed.
Every player with at least 20% of the vote at the end of the day will be executed.
If nobody has at least 20% of the vote, whoever has the most votes will be executed.
In the event of a tie, Friend Computer has authorized the execution of all members of the tie.
Each player gets 6 clones. If executed for traitorous activities you do not count as being part of the game until the end of the next phase. During this time you count as being dead for win conditions.
EXAMPLE: Ky-U-HEN-1 is executed on Day 1. During Night 1 he is not part of the game, and as such cannot take actions or have actions taken against him. At the start of Day 2 his clone will arrive and he will be back in the game.
Teams and secret societies will be revealed when your last clone is dead.
Autolynch happens after 3 days of not pointing. You lose all clones when this happens.
Publicly claiming a Secret Society or Mutant Power will result in losing all your clones. Friend Computer does not take kindly to citizens who participate in such treasonous activities.

Teams

Friend Computer will, with it's infinite wisdom, assign each player to a team of 6 people. If your team does not have 6 people you will celebrate, for Friend Computer has deemed your abilities high enough that you do not need a full team. At the start of the game you will know who is a member of your team.
As a team you can perfom one of three night actions.
Ambush: Set a trap for another player. That player will be killed, and their next clone will arrive at the start of the next night phase.
Spy: Spy on a player to determine their team number, mutant ability or secret society.
Stick Together: Protects all the members of your team from being Ambushed.

Your team wins the game when they outnumber the number of players not currently in your team.

Secret Societies

There are six Secret Societies plaguing Friend Computer, and it as kindly offered to share with you the names of them. You should thank Friend Computer.
The Secret Societies are:
Corpore Metal - Down with flesh, up with machines!
FCCC-P - The Computer is the great protector! All praise The Computer!
Frankenstein Destroyers - Humans good, robots bad!
Humanists - The Computer is a little crazy. We should probably fix that.
Pro Tech - Build better machines!
PURGE - Kill The Computer! Kill everyone who follows it!

You do not know the members of your society when the game starts.
That team of Troubleshooters did too good a job last time. All the societies were weakened, and struck out at each other in an attempt to take advantage of everyone else's weakness. That didn't work out so well, and now all they really want is to regain their power. Your society wins if it outnumbers the players who are not in your society.

Mutant Powers

Everyone has a mutant power. That's what everyone says. If you hear anyone say this, please direct them to the nearest Confession Booth. Friend Computer would like a word with them.

Absorption - Negates 2 points against you. Automatic.
Charm - Allows you to convince another player to tell you their Secret Society or Team. The target will know when they have been charmed. Night action.
Detect Mutant Power - Reveals a player's mutant power to you. Night action.
Polymorphism - Allows you to disguise your Mutant Power, Secret Society and Team against any scries targetting you that night. Night action.
Puppeteer - Changes one player's vote to match yours. Day action.
Machine Empathy - Allows you to protect a player from the wrath of The Computer in an extremely treasonous fashion. The target cannot be killed during the next day phase. Night Action.
Ventriloquist - Say things and nobody will know who's saying them! Once per phase you can send an anonymous message to another player. At any time you can also have an anonymous message posted in the game thread.

Player List

1. Aemoh
2. Dirk Kris
3. Yspoch-2
4. Murska
5. Deathslayer7
6. Opeth_Freak
7. Bayar
8. BishFish
9. Hyozo
10. Selrahc
11. billtodamax
12. Freshmeat
13. The Bookworm
14. RedScholarGypsy
15. calar
16. Geesi
17. MasterofMockery
18. rakkoon
19. Andre Fairchilde
20. Mustiado
21. banthesun

rakkoon
2009-10-28, 08:39 AM
How many players are you aiming for ?
Too many players make my head hurt :smallwink:

Aemoh
2009-10-28, 08:55 AM
In again, says I :smallamused:

Dirk Kris
2009-10-28, 09:05 AM
Had fun in the last one.
I'm in.

Yspoch
2009-10-28, 09:06 AM
Sounds like fun, I want in! Hail to Friend Computer!

IF there ever would be something as treasonous as a mutant power called "Polymorphism", why would it be a night action and not an automatic option? Not that there is such a thing...

Hail to Friend Computer!

Murska
2009-10-28, 09:20 AM
I'm in again.

happyturtle
2009-10-28, 09:23 AM
Hap-E-TRTL-1 reporting for duty, Friend Computer!

Deathslayer7
2009-10-28, 10:09 AM
Wall-E!
in :smalltongue:

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-28, 10:52 AM
In of course. Paranoia IV was my my first game in here AND my first win, so how could I refuse? :smallbiggrin:

Bayar
2009-10-28, 11:43 AM
Requesting joinage.

BishFish
2009-10-28, 12:12 PM
souds cool, how many players are you aiming to have because I don't think you'll have enough by the 31. This looks like it would work better with more people.

Hyozo
2009-10-28, 12:36 PM
I'll join this one.

Kyouhen
2009-10-28, 01:01 PM
I'm aiming for as many players as I can get. Some rules may change depending on how many we end up getting.

Also rakkoon, does that mean you're in? :smalltongue:

Selrahc
2009-10-28, 02:23 PM
I'll join up. Paranoia is a good thing.

If you need a co-narrator again, I'm also up for that(And as long as my computer doesn't break again, I should be a bit more useful).

billtodamax
2009-10-28, 02:45 PM
Ininininin

Freshmeat
2009-10-28, 02:47 PM
In with crackpot conspiracy theories.

The Bookworm
2009-10-28, 04:30 PM
In, and Ventriloquist is an awesome power!

RedScholarGypsy
2009-10-28, 04:49 PM
In, Giggity.:smallbiggrin:

calar
2009-10-28, 04:54 PM
Almost missed this one, I'm in.

BishFish
2009-10-28, 04:58 PM
Nice! Lots of people! now we'll be able to have atleast three teams.

Guancyto
2009-10-28, 06:26 PM
So very in.

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-28, 07:03 PM
In although I'd like to point out that:
Machine Empathy + Stick Together = Immortality...

Hyozo
2009-10-28, 07:08 PM
Sure, for the person you target. Also, are you promoting the use of the most treasonous of all treasonous powers, citizen?

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-28, 07:15 PM
Yes, I'm promoting treason and forecasting a 3/4/5/6 player endgame stalemate :smalltongue:

Guancyto
2009-10-28, 07:49 PM
Well, it can only work on one person and it's a night action. So you have to correctly anticipate the person that your enemies will attempt to lynch. Could make a rule where you can't use it to protect yourself or anyone else on your team with the ability.

Also, Fleeing Coward for trying to break the game again. :smalltongue:

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-28, 07:55 PM
If i was trying to break the game, I'd have mentioned this after the game begun. Besides, with final exams for the semester coming up, I won't be paying much attention to any of these games to break it :smalltongue:

MasterofMockery
2009-10-28, 08:08 PM
In
Totally int

rakkoon
2009-10-29, 06:56 AM
hey, why not, IN

Andre Fairchilde
2009-10-29, 09:20 AM
I'll join. I think one of these was the first game I was ever killed in.

Mustiado
2009-10-29, 04:51 PM
Sure, I'll be back in again.

banthesun
2009-10-30, 03:30 AM
My first game on this site, so in again.

happyturtle
2009-10-31, 07:26 AM
Sorry, feeling overwhelmed, and something has to give. Please remove me from the player list. :smallsigh:

Kyouhen
2009-10-31, 08:07 PM
Recruitment closed. Roles will be sent out shortly.

EDIT:
Also added to the rules that role claiming powers or secret societies will result in losing all clones.

Kyouhen
2009-10-31, 10:58 PM
Alpha Complex had been cleansed of a wonderful number of Commie Mutant Traitors. All the little Secret Societies that had plagued poor Friend Computer had lost a fair amount of power thanks to the valiant efforts of Team 2. (Sadly Team 2 had been executed for less-than-loyal activities. Though they were happy to accept their punishment. Happiness was mandatory.)

This had unfortunately started a rather severe power struggle between the societies. It was too quiet in Alpha Complex, Friend Computer could tell it's because they were all fighting fiercely for new members. It's the only possible explanation. But! Friend Computer is too smart for them and has already contained the fighting so fierce that there's no evidence it's happening in a single room! A rather large room. More of a series of hallways actually. But a room nonetheless. Several teams were dispatched into the halls to flush out the Commie Mutant Traitors hiding within, knowing in it's infinite wisdom that just because there's no readings of life in an area that it doesn't mean nothing's alive in there.

Let the executions begin!

Day 1 Begins!
Day 1 ends at ~3:00PM (GMT-5:00) Nov. 3rd

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-31, 11:25 PM
I propose we temporarily disable Kyouhenfor it's own good :smallbiggrin:

billtodamax
2009-10-31, 11:52 PM
Fleeing Coward, for daring to suggest that we should kill Friend Computer!

Hyozo
2009-11-01, 12:11 AM
I agree. Death to the communist, mutant, Fleeing Coward of a traitor.

Guancyto
2009-11-01, 01:25 AM
Fleeing Coward sounds like an excellent candidate for summary execution.

Y'know. Again.

Yspoch
2009-11-01, 03:30 AM
FC has been allowed to run for to long! Put an end to it him!

Bayar
2009-11-01, 04:43 AM
FC has been allowed to run for to long! Put an end to it him!

I see what you did there ! You are in league with Fleeing Coward and want to overthrow Friend Computer !

Opeth_Freak
2009-11-01, 06:03 AM
I usually don't like THAT big bandwagons, but if you want to disable the Friend Computer, then there's just no hope for you, Fleeing Coward...

rakkoon
2009-11-01, 07:15 AM
I believe Billtodamax is equally traitorous and is just using that coward for his secret plots. Death to the enemies of Friend Computer!!

Fleeing Coward
2009-11-01, 07:46 AM
I believe Billtodamax is equally traitorous and is just using that coward for his secret plots. Death to the enemies of Friend Computer!!

But I'm admitting to wanting to destroy protect Friend Computer. Why are you pointing at him? :smallfrown:

Dirk Kris
2009-11-01, 08:03 AM
Fleeing Coward WANTS us to lynch him - look out! He might have a bomb!

Freshmeat
2009-11-01, 08:06 AM
Fleeing Coward for his blasphemy!

Aemoh
2009-11-01, 10:21 AM
I feel like I should vote for FC, but it's day 1 so...

*day 1 random at Geesi*

Murska
2009-11-01, 11:42 AM
Billtodamax for multiple lynches on day one meaning less time until we actually get some information from them. Even though I'd really want to point at Fleeing Coward. Sorry Billtodamax. :smalltongue:

Andre Fairchilde
2009-11-01, 12:00 PM
The computer seems to have communicated to me the BishFish may require a system update.

calar
2009-11-01, 12:16 PM
...Yeah, you really should know better than that Fleeing Coward.

RedScholarGypsy
2009-11-01, 12:57 PM
Why is Fleeing Coward committing suicide? I want to find out.:smallamused:

Selrahc
2009-11-01, 01:30 PM
Anyone who doesn't vote for Fleeing Coward is clearly some sort of evil mutant.

rakkoon
2009-11-01, 01:39 PM
But I'm admitting to wanting to destroy protect Friend Computer. Why are you pointing at him? :smallfrown:

Because you get special powers given to you when everybody lynches you ?? I don't know, but you , dear mutant, are very weird and cannot be working alone!

Yspoch
2009-11-01, 03:45 PM
I'm changing my point to Murska for admitting to be a member of a secret society via a private message AND believing that I would be too! That's despiceable, treasonous behaviour in my book and calls for immediate execution. If Friend Computer in its unending wisdom should decide so of course.

Guancyto
2009-11-01, 03:47 PM
He's clearly a loyal subject pretending to be a mutant commie traitor to lure them to their doom. Secret societies? What secret societies?

Just claim to be a villager. :smalltongue:

Murska
2009-11-01, 03:58 PM
Admitting what? Are you accusing me of being in a secret society? Only a commie mutant traitor would do that, Yspoch!

Bayar
2009-11-01, 04:07 PM
He's clearly a loyal subject pretending to be a mutant commie traitor to lure them to their doom. Secret societies? What secret societies?

Just claim to be a villager. :smalltongue:

What is a villager ? Do you eat it ?

We all know that in Alpha Complex there are only citizens. And occasionaly commie mutant traitors, but those are crushed swiftly by Friend Computer.

Murska
2009-11-01, 05:03 PM
There's something weird going on with this game. :smallconfused:

For one, Fleeing Coward isn't on the playerlist although he joined! :smalleek:

Hyozo
2009-11-01, 05:07 PM
*looks at thread*

No. He didn't.:smalleek:

I am unpointing at a non-player. I will not re-point until such a time as what I will refer to as 'potential situation funhouse mark two' has been resolved.

Selrahc
2009-11-01, 05:10 PM
*looks at thread*

No. He didn't.:smalleek:

Yeah, he did.

In although I'd like to point out that:
Machine Empathy + Stick Together = Immortality...

But the fact that he isn't on the playlist is still very worrying. Luckily since the Computer is incapable of error, things must be going according to plan.

Hyozo
2009-11-01, 05:15 PM
Ah. I missed the first word of that due to sentence structure.

Fleeing Coward
2009-11-01, 05:48 PM
Damn you Murska, I was looking forward to getting lynched without a role :smalltongue:

billtodamax
2009-11-01, 06:21 PM
Yspoch. For misleading me!

The Bookworm
2009-11-01, 06:51 PM
Yspoch. "The Misleader"

Kyouhen
2009-11-01, 07:16 PM
Shoot, I somehow missed Fleeing Coward on the list. Mind going on autolynch replacement? :smalleek:

And it's anonymous message time!

Okay, hello everyone. Murska has a suspicion that most if not everyone in the game belong to Illuminati. Please contact Murska about it if you are. He is Corpore Metal and belongs to Team 2, if everyone indeed is Illuminati he proposes that everyone infiltrate with him and gain the Secret Society and Team victories with only one player remaining and everyone sharing his win conditions.

If there indeed IS an ULTRAVIOLET, which Murska doubts, then Murska will be left alone with him and infiltrates him the next night, yet again giving everyone a win. If, as Murska suspects, the Narrator is the ULTRAVIOLET, Murska will confront the narrator with the entire playerbase's backing and infiltrate him, gaining, again, all three victories to everyone.

Selrahc
2009-11-01, 07:45 PM
((Umm... If this game does end rapid style, can we do another one without having to wait 5 months? I love the Paranoia setting and I'd like a little longer to run about its werewolf incarnation.))

Fleeing Coward
2009-11-01, 08:13 PM
Since Murska ruined my plan to get lynched, sure, I'll go on the autolynch list.

RedScholarGypsy
2009-11-01, 09:12 PM
I'd like to test something. Kyouhen. Let's see if I get an AL notification. :smallamused:

Kyouhen
2009-11-01, 09:14 PM
((Umm... If this game does end rapid style, can we do another one without having to wait 5 months? I love the Paranoia setting and I'd like a little longer to run about its werewolf incarnation.))

Yeah, if this ends too quickly then I'll just start up another small one so we don't have to wait.

Hyozo
2009-11-01, 09:18 PM
Sure. I'll point at Kyouhen as well.

calar
2009-11-01, 09:20 PM
Hm, since FC is out I guess then Yspoch, seems a bit like a power play with no basis.

The Bookworm
2009-11-01, 10:03 PM
I cast my vote for Kyouhen as well. ULTRAVIOLET status for everyone!

Kyouhen
2009-11-01, 10:33 PM
I think I'll go ahead and point out right now that this is not a Funhouse situation. I had honestly forgotten to add FC to the player list and didn't notice that he was getting a pile of votes when he wasn't actually in. Can you all get back to killing each other now?

RedScholarGypsy
2009-11-01, 10:35 PM
So are you confirming that you, the narrator, are also not in the game, and that we can not kill you a la Kaos style? Also, either Murska is having some epic fun here, at which point we'll probably kill him tomorrow in remembrance for what he pulled in Demons, or something is indeed fishy here.:smallsigh:

Kyouhen
2009-11-01, 11:09 PM
I am confirming that I, the narrator, am sitting in a cozy room in a high security area where none of you can get to me. So no, I cannot be killed Kaos style nor can I be affected by anything else in the game, any attempts at using abilities on me will fail and any votes will count as nonvotes.

RedScholarGypsy
2009-11-01, 11:37 PM
Then Yspoch, though I may risk the AL to test this theory later fully later on, if the game seems to be dead-ending:smallamused:.

Yspoch
2009-11-02, 02:30 AM
Yspoch. For misleading me!

Thank you! *bows* Yeeah, I misled someone! Wait... when? :smallconfused:

I'll vote for calar, because I did not understand what he meant with "power play".

Murska
2009-11-02, 08:23 AM
Each passing moment brings greater clarity. It is already clear that way over 50% of the playerbase and, assumedly, everyone, are members of the Illuminati. These members should all infiltrate me tonight, giving everyone in the game both the Team victory and the Society victory.

And then we can start a new Paranoia game right away.

EDIT: Because it'd be rather mean to lynch someone today meaning he's the only one not to win, let's go for No Lynch.

Yspoch
2009-11-02, 08:55 AM
In favor for No lynch

Andre Fairchilde
2009-11-02, 09:21 AM
Murska stop sending me pm's at the begining of games elicting my role. I'm just going to point at you every time.

Murska
2009-11-02, 09:32 AM
Well that's your choice, I'm not going to stop. Not giving your role in a game with rules as stated in the original post makes no logical sense whatsoever, however.

Anyway, I already know you're an Illuminati.

Bayar
2009-11-02, 09:56 AM
No lynch for me too.

BishFish
2009-11-02, 02:00 PM
I want some information!
No lynch

Kyouhen
2009-11-02, 02:13 PM
Friend Computer wants to see dead Commie Mutant Traitors. Anyone who chooses to not lynch someone will be considered a Commie Mutant Traitor if they keep it up.

((Translation: No lynch is a nonvote.))

Murska
2009-11-02, 02:17 PM
Blah. Well, Andre Fairchilde is being rude, so I guess my vote will go to Andre Fairchilde. Have fun, Andre Fairchilde. It's weird how I'm repeating Andre Fairchilde, isn't it?

Mustiado
2009-11-02, 03:47 PM
Murska. Neutrality is for wimps.

Bayar
2009-11-02, 04:35 PM
Ok, fine, Yspoch is a commie mutant traitor.

Guancyto
2009-11-02, 04:36 PM
Yspoch. Remember, we have six lives in this game, so lynch =/= loss.

Yspoch
2009-11-02, 05:28 PM
If Murska plans work (and to be honest I doubt it, even if it would theoretically) then yes, lynch = loss. Because of the lynch I would be out of the game until the next day phase and therefore not able to use my night action.

But that's cool with me - there might be some surprises waiting for us all. :smallcool:

Friend Computer will protect me. Even if it means a happy death for Ysp-0-CH, a fresh, new, very happy Ysp-1-CH will greet the new day with mandatory enthusiasm!

BishFish
2009-11-02, 08:51 PM
Murska?
(random points because of lack of info but don't want to be ALed)

Fleeing Coward
2009-11-02, 09:15 PM
Current Vote Tally
Yspoch - 5
Fleeing Coward - 4 (Not in game)
Kyouhen - 3 (Narrator)
Murska - 3
billtodamax - 1
Geesi - 1
No Lynch - 1
Andre Fairchilde - 1

Guancyto
2009-11-02, 09:44 PM
Well.

At very least, members of Corpore Metal shouldn't infiltrate him, that would just be counterproductive.

The more people that do so, the more the remainder has to in order to win, so if people are intending to infiltrate it might be beneficial to announce as such publicly.

Yspoch
2009-11-03, 01:47 AM
In that case I'll point at FC again, for selfdefense! :smalltongue:

banthesun
2009-11-03, 05:01 AM
Muskra? 'cos I somehow doubt his plan.

Murska
2009-11-03, 06:00 AM
Well then, what's wrong with it?

Sorry, Yspoch. Too many votes for me.

Come on people, point at one of the people who are voting for me despite me making public information which benefits everyone and outlining a plan which means everyone in the entire game wins two victories in record time, meaning we can start a non-broken version of the game without waiting for it in the schedule, not Yspoch.

rakkoon
2009-11-03, 06:11 AM
ooh, choosing between two of my favorite analysts/manipulators,Ysproch then

Deathslayer7
2009-11-03, 12:30 PM
Yspoch because i got a feeling something very very fishy is going on here.

Andre Fairchilde
2009-11-03, 01:01 PM
Well then, what's wrong with it?

Sorry, Yspoch. Too many votes for me.

point at one of the people who are voting for me despite me making public information which benefits everyone and outlining a plan which means everyone in the entire game wins two victories in record time, meaning we can start a non-broken version of the game without waiting for it in the schedule, not Yspoch.

All glory to Hypno-Computer-Murska! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiVYjRbZMe0)

Kyouhen
2009-11-03, 02:53 PM
Day 1 ends, narration to follow shortly.

Kyouhen
2009-11-03, 03:07 PM
The first day in the little maze was rather chaotic as none of the Troubleshooters had any idea what was going on. They started shooting at just about everything. Walls, cameras, doors, the floor, the lights, little was left without burns from laser fire. Some of the Troubleshooters even reported seeing some sort of ghostly chicken, which they promptly shot at. Tired of shooting at inanimate objects the Troubleshooters quickly found something that would move a little faster to fire at. It turns out that Yspoch wasn't actually that fast after all.

Yspoch-1 was executed

Night 1 Begins
Night 1 ends in ~24 hours

Yspoch
2009-11-03, 03:42 PM
*sniff* - Do you even know... *gulps*... that's my... *wipes away a single tear*... first first-day lynch EVAR! ... I'm so moved! :smallbiggrin:

Thank you! *sigh*

Bayar
2009-11-03, 04:05 PM
What are chicken, Friend Computer ?

rakkoon
2009-11-04, 05:27 AM
We do not doubt Friend Computer, a chicken is obviously some kind of inferior commy robot!

Kyouhen
2009-11-04, 02:53 PM
All was quiet over the night. Except for one Troubleshooter who was sneaking around. Friend Computer didn't like that, neither did the Troubleshooters who were trying to sleep while he was making all that noise.

When morning arrived there was loud banging coming from the air ducts. A group of Troubleshooters quickly shot it, and Yspoch-2 fell out. Oddly enough he was unharmed.

Hyozo was executed. His clone will arrive at the start of the next night phase.
Yspoch-2 has joined the game.

Day 2 begins
Day 2 ends in ~48 hours

Results of night actions to be sent out shortly

BishFish
2009-11-04, 03:03 PM
Billtodamax?

Murska
2009-11-04, 07:16 PM
Eh, only some five people infiltrated me. billtodamax was one of them so let's lynch Billtodamax.

Yspoch
2009-11-05, 02:38 AM
"Thank you, Friend Computer! I am a very happy troubleshooter. Selrahc, are you happy too?"

Bayar
2009-11-05, 02:41 AM
Eh, only some five people infiltrated me. billtodamax was one of them so let's lynch Billtodamax.

Erm, on what basis ?

Edit: never mind, I suck.

The Bookworm
2009-11-05, 09:11 PM
Billtodamax, I guess.

Mustiado
2009-11-06, 11:14 AM
Murska again, meh.

Not sure why we're pointing at Bill. Also, away for a few days.

Opeth_Freak
2009-11-06, 11:34 AM
Billtodamax

Murska
2009-11-06, 12:14 PM
We're pointing at bill because he is already out of the game, thus we won't be lynching anyone. Then, everyone can, AGAIN, infiltrate me(hopefully a bit more of everyone this time) so we can end the game already.

For chrissakes, I'm the ULTRAVIOLET if that helps you guys gather the courage to infiltrate me. Yes, I realize that if everyone is an illuminati, the ultraviolet doesn't exist. I don't care either.

Guancyto
2009-11-06, 12:45 PM
Billtodamax sounds good.

I would guess it'll help people a little once we see that Bill is indeed out of game and this isn't just a tricksy ploy to make everyone lose a clone. :smalltongue:

Bayar
2009-11-06, 12:50 PM
We're pointing at bill because he is already out of the game, thus we won't be lynching anyone. Then, everyone can, AGAIN, infiltrate me(hopefully a bit more of everyone this time) so we can end the game already.

For chrissakes, I'm the ULTRAVIOLET if that helps you guys gather the courage to infiltrate me. Yes, I realize that if everyone is an illuminati, the ultraviolet doesn't exist. I don't care either.

Wait, if you are the ultraviolet, the Illuminati should have won when one of them infiltrated you...or should all Illuminati infiltrate you for each of them to get special victory ?

billtodamax for me too.

Murska
2009-11-06, 01:00 PM
Yeah, everyone should infiltrate me. And I'm not actually claiming ULTRAVIOLET, in fact I'm 98% sure there is no such role in the game.

Guancyto
2009-11-06, 01:25 PM
Well.

Not everyone.

Since not everyone seems to be on board with the plan, you should probably decide whether you'd prefer to go with Team or Society victory. If Team, Team 2 members shouldn't infiltrate you. If Society, Corpore Metal members shouldn't infiltrate you.

Team Victory would probably be safer because you all know who each other are.

Murska
2009-11-06, 01:29 PM
Meh, it's more awesome if everyone infiltrates me and we all get both victories but fine.

Selrahc
2009-11-06, 01:39 PM
Billtodamax

BishFish
2009-11-06, 02:17 PM
Murska for many reasons
1. since everyone infiltrated him, the illuminati must have won. the game isn't over yet.
2. since "bill is already out of the game" (I didn't feel like using the fancy quote) and he wants people to infiltrate him, something must happen to people who infiltrate him.
3. he's Murska. nuf said.

Murska
2009-11-06, 02:46 PM
Uh.
1: Everyone didn't infiltrate me since if someone infiltrates me that means that person is out of the game. Which you would know... unless you're not an illuminati, BishFish.

2: See above. People who infiltrate me are out, though they can still talk to me.

3: Well, I can't argue about that.

Kyouhen
2009-11-06, 03:09 PM
Quick update today.

billtodamax would have been executed, but is missing.
Hyozo-2 has entered the game.

Night 2 begins
Night 2 ends in ~24 hours

Yspoch
2009-11-07, 04:37 AM

How many of those five were/are on your team?

Murska
2009-11-07, 08:33 AM
None. :smallsmile:

Kyouhen
2009-11-07, 02:53 PM
All is unusually quiet as night comes to a close. No laser fire, no normal fire, no explosions. Very odd for a group of Troubleshooters to be so quiet...

Nothing happened

Day 3 Begins
Day 3 ends in ~48 hours

Results of night actions to be sent shortly.

The following people are up for autolynch:
Freshmeat
MasterofMockery

Murska
2009-11-07, 03:03 PM
Eh. One more infiltratee.

Hyozo
2009-11-07, 04:17 PM
*coughcough*

Assuming the narrator hasn't lied to me, which I'll admit is not the most valid of assumptions, I believe I should be back today.

Ah. I missed the night narration. I probably should have done something then...

deathslayer7, just because.

Deathslayer7
2009-11-07, 04:18 PM
I'm so confused. Murska for now

Murska
2009-11-07, 04:28 PM
The Bookworm infiltrated me tonight.

BishFish
2009-11-08, 10:26 AM
I see...
Muska must die.

Dirk Kris
2009-11-08, 10:37 AM
Murska just can't be trusted.

Murska
2009-11-08, 10:40 AM
What the hell is wrong with you people? :smallconfused:

Someone even charmed me last night and thus knows I'm speaking the truth about my society and team. I know what the illuminati do and have proven at least 95% of the players belong to it. I was infiltrated, claimed so and lynched one of the infiltratees as proof. I'm trying for no lynches and am giving two victories to everyone in the game. And still people are lynching me?

Seriously, what the...

Well, The Bookworm infiltrated me last night. So it's best to lynch The Bookworm instead of, say, someone actually still in the game.

Guancyto
2009-11-08, 11:27 AM
Hadn't I voted for The Bookworm already? Weird.

Anyway, lynching Murska doesn't eliminate the players that have infiltrated him - they're already gone. It just puts their victory condition further away.

I'll be the first to say, though, that his insistence on two victories instead of one, while admirable, makes me a little suspicious.

Murska
2009-11-08, 11:38 AM
Of what, if I might ask?

Bayar
2009-11-08, 01:55 PM
The Bookworm. Huh, that's strange. It's the first time I compare Murska's avatar to Friend Computer. Could he be a traitor, Friend Computer ?

Guancyto
2009-11-08, 04:40 PM
Well, you can only get two victories at once if everyone except the Corpore members on your team infiltrate you.

Saying you're going for both victories lets you stack the deck, so to speak, and eliminate only your guaranteed enemies from the game (by sharing your victory conditions, admittedly. Elegant, that).

Choosing which of the two you want would be a wonderful show of good faith.

Murska
2009-11-08, 04:51 PM
Everyone who infiltrates me gains my victory conditions: Everyone who infiltrates wins if I win, regardless of if I go for two or one victory. But two victories is more awesome than one.

But I might share that none of my teammates have infiltrated me yet, so I can just go for team victory then.

Guancyto
2009-11-08, 05:24 PM
Good man!

It seems like it's mostly a catch-22. The closer you are to winning, the greater the incentive is to join you. But to get closer to winning without whittling down clones, people have to join you.

Now, if in the interests of winning faster you're declaring open season on non Team-2 members regardless of society, well...

It might be a bit of an incentive. :smallwink:

Murska
2009-11-08, 05:33 PM
*shrug*

Well, I suppose I'll go for a team victory unless there's a suitable moment where I can have my whole team infiltrate me at once and give everyone both.

BishFish
2009-11-08, 09:28 PM
Everyone who infiltrates me gains my victory conditions: Everyone who infiltrates wins if I win, regardless of if I go for two or one victory. But two victories is more awesome than one.

But I might share that none of my teammates have infiltrated me yet, so I can just go for team victory then.

but if you lynch everyone who infiltrates you, they all die and you win... alone.

Murska
2009-11-09, 04:56 AM
Um, everyone who has infiltrated me is already dead.

Freshmeat
2009-11-09, 09:57 AM
Geesi to avoid autolynch.

calar
2009-11-09, 11:15 AM
I dunno, The Bookworm sounds pretty good for now as things stand.

Kyouhen
2009-11-09, 04:45 PM
"Hey! Hey you! We're onto you!"
"Huh?"
"You're a commie mutant traitor Bookworm!"
"What are you talking about? I'm not-"
"Quiet! We're going to execute you all over the place! Friend Computer demands it!"
"Guys, seriously, I'm not-"

And then the troubleshooters opened fire. Unfortunately for MasterofMockery, what he was trying to say is that he isn't The Bookworm.

The Bookworm was going to be executed, but couldn't be found.
MasterofMockery was erased (autolynched), he was a member of Team 1, a Frankenstein Destroyer, and had the Ventriloquist mutant power.

Night 3 Begins
Night 3 ends in ~24 hours

Kyouhen
2009-11-10, 04:31 PM
The night was quiet as the Troubleshooters managed to avoid getting themselves shot/burned/exploded/maimed.

Day 4 Begins
Day 4 ends in ~48 hours

The following people are up for autolynch:

banthesun
RedScholarGypsy

Murska
2009-11-10, 04:51 PM
Two more infiltratees.

Hyozo is one.

Selrahc
2009-11-10, 05:04 PM
Hyozo for the lynch I suppose. How many people are left Murska?

Deathslayer7
2009-11-10, 05:34 PM
Hyozo but should we really trust Murska

Murska
2009-11-10, 05:34 PM
Still quite a bunch. :smallsigh:

Guancyto
2009-11-10, 05:45 PM
5 people night 1 + 1 person night 2 + 2 people night 3 means eight people are out of the game from a total of 20.

So 12 people remain, who are:

Murska
Geesi
Selrahc
Deathslayer7
banthesun
RedScholarGypsy

And possibly:
Mustiado
Freshmeat
Bishfish
Bayar
Dirk Kris
Yspoch

Also, Hyozo.

Edit:

That makes

Night 1:
billtodamax
rakkoon
Andre Fairchilde
Aemoh
calar

Night 2:
The Bookworm

Night 3:
Opeth Freak
Hyozo

Is that accurate?

Edit edit: Forgot the autolynch.

ALSO.

Since you can confer with members of a couple of teams that aren't your own, do you know of any team that contained six people at start?

If all of them started with five, finding ULTRAVIOLET will be trivial since there's an odd man out.

banthesun
2009-11-10, 06:34 PM
Hyozo then.

Murska
2009-11-10, 10:07 PM
That's not quite accurate. Also, only three people infiltrated on night one after all, now that I checked my PMs and actually marked them up. :smalleek:

RedScholarGypsy
2009-11-10, 11:53 PM
hyozo. I'm just going to watch and see what happens for a bit more.

Guancyto
2009-11-11, 12:25 AM
I see. That (and the lack of transparency) doesn't really help the people who have the feeling you're up to something tricksy. :smalltongue:

People on the list of infiltrators that didn't really go, post and vote please!

At present it looks like we have two to four individuals who have yet to jump ship.

Bayar
2009-11-11, 06:22 AM
Hyozo for me too.

Murska
2009-11-11, 09:22 AM
The people who have infiltrated thus far are Aemoh, Yspoch, Hyozo, billtodamax, The Bookworm and rakkoon.

They are very happy they made that decision.

calar
2009-11-11, 11:33 AM
Im still here Geesi. And Hyozo.

Guancyto
2009-11-11, 12:17 PM
Ah, so Andre would be here too. Good good.

Any word on the six-member team? You've got infiltrators from at least two other teams if six people have joined up with you.

Mustiado
2009-11-11, 12:23 PM
Hyoso I suppose.

BishFish
2009-11-11, 03:00 PM
... hyozo?
why not?

Opeth_Freak
2009-11-11, 03:04 PM
Hyozofiller

Murska
2009-11-11, 07:19 PM
I don't think they're paying much attention anymore, at least I've gotten no messages.

Guancyto
2009-11-11, 07:23 PM
Okay then.

Members of teams that are not mine! Did any of your teams start with six people?

I will vouch for mine having started with five.

I understand that you may be suspicious of everyone's motives, but remember, we are all on the same side here.

Kyouhen
2009-11-12, 04:35 PM
The troubleshooters continue their proud tradition of determining who's a Commie Mutant Traitor, yet failing to find them. There is some questioning of how Hyozo found his way out while Friend Computer is carefully watching the area, but they quickly decide to simply claim they threw him in a vat of acid to ensure he didn't have some traitorous mutant power that would allow him to survive.

Hyozo would have been lynched, but could not be found.

Night 4 Begins
Night 4 ends in ~24 hours

Guancyto
2009-11-12, 08:06 PM
Hmm.

Actually.

Could another member of Team 2 contact me with his/her society and/or state it publicly? I assume you guys are Sticking Together, so it's not like you'll be in any danger from doing so.

And then the remainder of my team can infiltrate that person instead, which should push you much closer to victory.

No offense Murska. It's just that there are a couple of people under the impression that you're some kind of cross between Doctor Doom and David Xanatos, only made of BURNING, and they can't trust that you aren't some sort of "Illuminati Destroyer" secret role.

Murska
2009-11-13, 05:01 AM
There's a slight problem with that, and I'm sure you've already guessed what it is. :smalltongue:

Kyouhen
2009-11-13, 04:40 PM
The night was, once again, silent. Good to see everyone is sticking to Friend Computer's ideal amount of sleep for maximum happiness. Sleeping the ideal amount is mandatory, as is being happy.

Day 5 Begins
Day 5 ends in ~72 hours due to weekend

Deathslayer7
2009-11-13, 05:02 PM
so what's going on Murska? Cause I'm so lost, you could put me in a room with 50 doors and I couldn't find my way out.

BishFish then

Murska
2009-11-13, 05:03 PM
Oh lookies, I got BishFish to infiltrate me this night. Neat.

Bayar
2009-11-15, 10:37 AM
Bishfish .

Dirk Kris
2009-11-15, 10:41 AM
BishyFishy

Selrahc
2009-11-15, 11:04 AM
Bishfish. Lets all just infiltrate tomorrow. This is turning into a grind.

Kyouhen
2009-11-16, 04:43 PM
Quick update.

Bishfish was going to be killed, but is missing.

Night 5 starts and ends in ~24 hours.

Murska
2009-11-16, 04:45 PM
Yeah. It's not much fun when everyone knows everyone's roles already. Just get on with it.

Guancyto
2009-11-17, 02:27 PM
I have to agree with Selrahc. Infiltrating tonight, the rest of Team 4 is welcome to join us.

Kyouhen
2009-11-17, 04:53 PM
Night 5 Ends

A troubleshooter snuck up behind another one and quickly caught him.

"I know who you are, you're the Ultraviolet!"
"Actually, no I'm not"
"Wait what?"
"He was the Ultraviolet"

The man opens a nearby closet and inside is another troubleshooter who was tied up.

"Actually... The guy in that closet over there's the Ultraviolet"

So the other closet was opened, and the troubleshooter inside pointed at yet another closet. Evidently every closet in this room (and there were, for some odd reason, quite a few of them) had someone inside who had been tied up.

The small group of troubleshooters who had not been tied up wandered into the scene.
"Well. That's odd. What should we do about this?"
"Kill them all, take credit, and go home?"
"Sounds good to me"

And so the troubleshooters killed everyone who was tied up. Then promptly killed each other as they wanted all the credit for themselves.

---

Ending the game here. This didn't work out as well as I had thought it would, should have thought it through a little better. Oh well, I've learned my lesson.

Hyozo, rakkoon, Yspoch, Selrahc, The Bookworm, banthesun, Mustiado, Geesi, billtodamax, Aemoh and BishFish all infiltrated Murska and got their bonus wins. Murska was the Ultraviolet and was the only person who wasn't secretly Illuminati.

I'll probably put together a small and quick game next week. There won't be any lives, that definitely didn't work. And everyone won't secretly be trying to find one person either.

Yspoch
2009-11-17, 05:09 PM
What else may be not the best idea is to have an ability which takes the user and not the "victim" out of the game... :smallamused:

The setup was fun and the secret society thing was neat, but the execution (hehe) was a bit half-baked. Yeah, and that everyone was that secret society may have been a bit to clever there, in fact i think this was a case where less could have been more. Just my thoughts.

If you want to somehow include clones, they could be the limiting factor for mutant powers... each usage costs you a clone. Again, just a quick brainstormed thought there.

Thank you nonetheless for managing the game and I sure would like to play another one with a revised ruleset. :smallsmile:

Murska
2009-11-17, 05:12 PM
Heh. My role PM said 'You get a special victory if nobody figures out your role.' and I had already contacted multiple people and told them to infiltrate me when I found out that people infiltrating me without knowing my role also counts to lose it.

Guancyto
2009-11-17, 05:24 PM
Hah, not bad.

I have to say it: trusting Murska did indeed work out great.

One of the problems, it seemed, was that any given Illuminati could say straight-up and honestly, "I am not a threat to you nor part of your win condition" regardless of who they were talking to so there was no danger at all to role claiming.

If there happened to be a secret role that wanted to kill all of us and would if we infiltrated him (or even if there weren't but the role PM hinted there was), it probably would've made things a lot messier.

Overall it was fun, and I'd definitely be up for the next one.

The Bookworm
2009-11-17, 07:35 PM
That was okay, but it didn't really work. Still, in for the next try! :smallbiggrin:

Andre Fairchilde
2009-11-17, 10:14 PM
Yay! I win too because I infiltrated Mustiado in an act of paranoid daring stupidity! :smallbiggrin:

Mustiado
2009-11-17, 11:55 PM
Actually, I wanted to ambush Murska that night phase. Not infiltrate him. :smallbiggrin:

rakkoon
2009-11-18, 03:38 AM
Very confusing, I infiltrate Murska and find out he IS the ultraviolet?
What, is it a doublecross?? But I have my win already?
But it all worked out in the end, fun!

Kyouhen
2009-11-18, 01:12 PM
What I was aiming for with the infiltrate thing was something similar to S.E.U.'s merge ability with the werewolves. The problem was making it beneficial (ie in S.E.U. you can do it if you think someone knows you're a wolf, making it so you can avoid having Team Evil take a loss) but when there is no solid Illuminati win condition that benefit was kind of removed. And with the point being to basically end up pretending to be the target, I would have to have made it so you would become part of the target's team, and then everyone in that team would know you were Illuminati. That's why you shared the target's win conditions instead, so the target would still have a reason to keep playing after being infiltrated.

So yeah, I wanted to make an ability that said "You are now [player]" without anyone knowing that you had used it.