PDA

View Full Version : Dinosaur-Land

Solaris
2009-10-26, 03:28 PM
So I'm sitting there, reading along, when I see the Dinosaur II thread. Some linkagery later, the idea of having kobolds as evolved dinosaurs strikes. I mean, it just fits.
Plus, y'know, that takes 'em off from that dragon trip they've been on lately. That's always a bonus.
Naturally, with that came the question of which dinosaurs/prehistoric reptiles/ancient arthropods would wind up domesticated. I figure iguandadons would be something like elephants in India: Big beasts of burden, but relatively placid and willing to listen to their little herd-mates. Any other ideas for a kobold civilization that dwells alongside dinosaurs in the land that time forgot?

hamishspence
2009-10-26, 03:31 PM
Now that is an interesting idea.

Dinotopia, and maybe the original Arthur Conan Doyle The Lost World novel, make possible places to draw inspiration from.

(Dinosaurs tend to get some association with dragons anyway though- so the move away won't be all that far. In 4th ed, the Drakes include among their number a few thinly disguised dinosaurs- the Scytheclaw Drake in MM2 is very like a Deinonychus)