PDA

View Full Version : Trick 'r Treat

Berserk Monk
2009-10-26, 08:30 PM
Just saw the movie last night. Great stuff. For those who haven't seen it, Trick 'r Treat is a horror film made up of four stories with tie-ins connecting them all in someway (most noticeably with the character Sam). Gotta say, it was a great film. Horror film done right. Michael Dougherty understands violence doesn't equal horror. I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't seen it (trust me, it's a great film and I don't want to ruin any part of it for you), but I will quote the funniest part of the movie:

"Charlie Brown is an *******!"

Swordlol
2009-10-28, 08:36 PM
Well I didn't particularly enjoy it. After you posting this I felt inclined to investigate it since I've never heard of it.

-=SPOILER=-

If you overlook the blanted large breasted female actresses, one portraying a 22 year old virgin...

If you overlook the gimmicky "obey these 4 rules and you won't die" type of movie...

If you overlook the fact there is no real ending...

If you overlook the drawn out cliche halloween bus story...

It might be a good movie.

Myshlaevsky
2009-10-28, 08:39 PM
Well I didn't particularly enjoy it. After you posting this I felt inclined to investigate it since I've never heard of it.

-=SPOILER=-

If you overlook the blanted large breasted female actresses, one portraying a 22 year old virgin...

If you overlook the gimmicky "obey these 4 rules and you won't die" type of movie...

If you overlook the fact there is no real ending...

If you overlook the drawn out cliche halloween bus story...

It might be a good movie.

If you're going to use a spoiler, do it properly.

warty goblin
2009-10-28, 08:47 PM

Because everybody knows that only small breasted women are virgins at age 22.

Swordlol
2009-10-28, 08:49 PM
If you're going to use a spoiler, do it properly.

If you are going to contribute, do it properly.

Manicotti
2009-10-28, 09:29 PM
If you are going to contribute, do it properly.

I'll take "Irony" for 300, Alex.

Serpentine
2009-10-29, 08:34 PM
If you are going to contribute, do it properly.It's forum proceedure, and general consideration. You can edit past posts. Spoilers are done thusly:

I loved this movie. I thought it was great. And who said gimmick is a dirty word, anyway?

Berserk Monk
2009-10-29, 11:25 PM
I loved this movie. I thought it was great. And who said gimmick is a dirty word, anyway?

Good to see someone else knows what good horror is on these forums.

FoE
2009-11-01, 11:32 AM
I thought it was a pretty clever little film, far too good to be released straight to video. Granted, it may have been a bit short for theatres, but I don't see why it apparently took two years to actually be released. Methinks the lack of Infant Immortality (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InfantImmortality) may have had something to do with it.

I've seen a few horror anthologies, but this one did a pretty good job of weaving the different stories together. And litle Sam was a damn cute little monster, somewhat reminiscent of another movie monster called Pumpkinhead.

Swordlol, I don't know what you're on about with the "virgin" business, but it wasn't exactly a reference to the girl's sexual inexperience. :smallamused:

(Anyone who watches this movie once should quickly go back to the scenes where the girls are discussing where they've picked up dates prior to this Halloween. A lot of that dialogue suddenly takes on a whole new meaning.)

Is it just me, or does Laurie (Anna Paquin) get about ten times hotter with tussled hair, wolf eyes and a mouth full of fangs?

Mr. Mud
2009-11-01, 11:36 AM
Plot wasn't too too great, but the acting was superb. I relaly liked T'rT. Witty, clever, generic. Good. :smalltongue:

Berserk Monk
2009-11-02, 02:25 PM
I thought it was a pretty clever little film, far too good to be released straight to video. Granted, it may have been a bit short for theatres, but I don't see why it apparently took two years to actually be released. Methinks the lack of Infant Immortality (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InfantImmortality) may have had something to do with it.

That crappy 300 parody Meet the Spartans was only like an hour long movie.

I've seen a few horror anthologies, but this one did a pretty good job of weaving the different stories together. And litle Sam was a damn cute little monster, somewhat reminiscent of another movie monster called Pumpkinhead.

Yeah, Sam was the cutest little maniac like Belkar.

Swordlol, I don't know what you're on about with the "virgin" business, but it wasn't exactly a reference to the girl's sexual inexperience. :smallamused:

(Anyone who watches this movie once should quickly go back to the scenes where the girls are discussing where they've picked up dates prior to this Halloween. A lot of that dialogue suddenly takes on a whole new meaning.)

Is it just me, or does Laurie (Anna Paquin) get about ten times hotter with tussled hair, wolf eyes and a mouth full of fangs?

The eyes didn't really do it for me.