PDA

View Full Version : A Fire Genasi Finds Love...

DragonBaneDM
2009-10-27, 01:04 AM
In my evil campaign, my friend Consume the Level 13 Fire Genasi Swordmage has realized that it befits his character's nature to take a lover.

My initial response:

"...Wouldn't that hurt the chick, dude?"

After a conversation on Genasi interracial intercourse that I will not repeat here for fear of being banned we decided that it is possible without causing fire damage to the partner.

So, here is my conundrum. What type of woman befits a maleficent follower of Vecna whose power puts him in the top 1 percent of the population?

My initial thought is an extremely powerful succubus, or a lich. What thinks ye Playground???

Thrice Dead Cat
2009-10-27, 01:17 AM
I'd say another Genasi of some sort. I would personally suggest Water, or Earth, in the event that the hot-head doesn't want to get his feet wet.

Krazddndfreek
2009-10-27, 01:27 AM
A gold-digger. Or lots of prostitutes. I like the idea of a gold-digger. Maybe a human rogue or beguiler? Yea beguiler. Human Beguiler. Eventually he'd figure it out that she's just in it for money/power but that's eventually.

For some reason a worshipper of Vecna doesn't strike me as someone who would remain in a committed relationship. Love defeats the purpose of evil. Lust on the other hand... well that brings me back to the top

tcrudisi
2009-10-27, 01:32 AM
Fire Genasi are not fire elementals. Per their description:

Ruddy bronze skin; fiery orange energy lines and eyes (fiery orange being a color, not actual fire); flickering flames coming out of the energy lines on the head.

The last one is the only real problem, but it's fire only coming out of the head. That's definitely easy enough to avoid getting burned on (as is evidenced by the fact that grappling a Firesoul Genasi does not give you any damage, nor do they have an aura of any sort).

Krazddndfreek
2009-10-27, 01:43 AM
Yea, but they heat up literally when they get moody and stuff right? Ah well, its probably up to the player whether he wants to play it that way. Although that shouldn't have anything to do with intercourse... well maybe it would:smallamused:

Kylarra
2009-10-27, 01:52 AM
Potion of endure elements (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/Endureelements.htm). Solved. :smallcool:

Not Five
2009-10-27, 04:41 AM
So, here is my conundrum. What type of woman befits a maleficent follower of Vecna whose power puts him in the top 1 percent of the population?

My initial thought is an extremely powerful succubus, or a lich. What thinks ye Playground???

Definitely not a succubus. Her entire deal is lying to her lovers, leading them astray, forcing them to act irrationally, learning all their secrets (and enslaving or murdering them, but that's less relevant). To a Vecna worshipper, that's rather like dating the Raven Queen or Kelemvor; her goals are specifically anathema to your being.

You want someone who is accepting of you and your god, which means she should follow an unaligned or evil god (but definitely not a god of death, of course). You want someone who is intellectually stimulating (else you could just pick an airhead off the street), so she should be intelligent or very cunning--but not someone who will seek to use you, since it's hard to have an intimate relationship without baring some aspect of your soul to her.

Assuming you are not in the Forgotten Realms*, I say you want a priestess of Sehanine. Beautiful and cunning, a tiger in the sack, a princess of shadow and of masks. She would understand the value of secrets--but she would never use you for them. Sehanine's followers believe secrets are to be played with, not collected; an instrument, a means to an end, not a goal in themselves; and a follower of Sehanine would never abuse your love, if you can get it. Besides, it's good to have another perspective on occasion; too many followers of Vecna lose themselves in caution, in intricate plans, in the collection of meaningless bits of lore. And her goddess is unaligned, chaotic, fey; morality is not high on her list of interests, except insofar as it interferes with love or art or mischief.

And from a more ruthless standpoint: she's Divine, not Arcane, so most of your power is meaningless in her hands. If she's gotten far in Sehanine's world, she's also tricky enough to keep herself safe without revealing your precious arcana.

----

* Vecna is not a Forgotten Realms deity, y'see. If you are in the Forgotten Realms, avoid the Lunar Lady like she was the bloody Spellplague; in Faerūn, Sehanine is yet another god of killing the undead. Bad idea. Stay away. And don't try any of that enemy-of-my-enemy nonsense, either--the Sharite motto is "Love is a lie. Only hate endures".

jiriku
2009-10-27, 01:56 PM
Somehow I think it would be poetic if his lover was either blind or mute. If she's blind, then the devotee of Vecna keeps an unusual secret from his lover, in exchange for all the secrets she learns about him: she does not even know what he looks like. If she is mute, she may learn his secrets, but can never speak them.

But definitely not both blind and mute, or else his buddies would just rag on him saying he was so lousy with girls that even with all his money and power most women want nothing to do with him. :smallbiggrin:

In the real world, though...he'd wind up with a gold-digging supermodel, actress, or heiress. The fantasy equivalent would probably be a high-level bard or some gorgeous nobleman's daughter. That's just how celebrity works out.

Mando Knight
2009-10-27, 02:10 PM
Fire Genasi are not fire elementals.

They are, too! They might not explicitly have the (Fire) subtype, but they are elemental humanoids, and they resist fire like nobody except Fire Dragon Soul Sorcerers. They're just not as fully elemental as their ancestors.

Since Succubi are now Devils, it kinda makes sense for one to be attached to a Firesoul Genasi in a sort of Sabine-Nale relationship, IMO. On top of that, she resists fire damage anyway.

He could also look into the new Abyssal Genasi manifestations if you allow them, since Cindersoul/Firesoul is redundant but meets the flavor for a completely corrupted all-consuming fire Genasi...

tcrudisi
2009-10-27, 02:59 PM
Perhaps I should have been a bit more specific. While they are considered to be elementals, a fire genasi would be a fire elemental creature. But they are not fire elementals as per the MM race. They do not radiate fire except for a tiny bit from their heads. They are roughly the same size and proportions as humans.

Really, there is no "Fire Aura", or anything like that, stopping a Firesoul Genasi from having relations with another race. It would not "hurt the chick." That is all I am trying to say. From there, it just depends on what you and the player decide based on his characters personality -- but the fact that he is a Fire Genasi does not inherently rule out any races from possible mates.

Flayerman
2009-10-27, 03:06 PM
An evil dryad.

The pick-up lines/pillowtalk write themselves.

Mewtarthio
2009-10-27, 03:16 PM
I kind of imagine that a high-ranking servant of Vecna would blackmail his lovers into staying with him. Alternatively, he'd carry on elaborate affairs, with multiple different identities and families (as an adventurer, you've got the perfect excuse for being away for long periods of time). Or combine the two: Seduce your lover as your alternate identity then blackmail her with the knowledge of your affair!

After all, my understanding is that trust is anathema to a god like Vecna, and love is all about trust...

I do like the idea of a blind/mute lover, though.

Mando Knight
2009-10-27, 03:18 PM
An evil dryad.
That looks like this.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a4/BGK15.png

Flayerman
2009-10-27, 03:21 PM
Can I double my vote for the Evil Dryad?

DragonBaneDM
2009-10-27, 04:16 PM
So torn. Okay. Evil Dryad is freaking awesome. I'd tweak it just a tad, seeing as how we play 4e and I'm pretty sure Consume wants to be the only one with wood here. :P

However, the idea of a beautiful, witty woman who's blind or mute is RIDICULOUSLY tempting... Gah. I shall present him with both. And it shall be for him to decide.

Also, whoever brought up the idea of a worshipper of Sehanine, that fits PERFECTLY. Cause worship of Sehanine is held in the same category as worship of Vecna is in my campaign. And there's an adultess in the next town that's married to a extremely devout worshipper of Ioun...

So... Yeah... I ORDER YOU TO STOP BEING SO GOOD AT HELPING ME!!!

Mando Knight
2009-10-27, 04:26 PM
So... Yeah... I ORDER YOU TO STOP BEING SO GOOD AT HELPING ME!!!
http://giapet.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/geass.png
Lelouch vi Britannia commands it!