deuxhero
2009-10-27, 12:09 PM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Plane-Scape-Torment-PC-DVD/dp/B002TOKQIG

Why must it be UK only!

arguskos
2009-10-27, 12:17 PM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Plane-Scape-Torment-PC-DVD/dp/B002TOKQIG

Why must it be UK only!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! !!!!!

*sobbing* WHY UK ONLY?! WHHHHHHHHHY????

*cries* :frown:

Notice: I love ye fine Englishmen, I just want it too.

Bouregard
2009-10-27, 12:24 PM
mhm someone living in UK who can buy it for me?^^

potatocubed
2009-10-27, 12:27 PM
Given the number of games that are only released in the US (and region-locked, at that) I think it's only fair.

That said:

a) neener neener neener

b) I am willing to ship copies of this game to the US if you'll pay for the game itself and postage thereof. You buy the game and get it posted to my address (PM for details), then Paypal me money to cover postage to the US (not more than $10 I would think, but I don't know for sure) and I will forward it to you.

Of course, you have to trust me not to take your money and your copy of Torment and run, but that's your decision.

Justyn
2009-10-27, 12:27 PM
Man, and I glad I have Gametap. :smallsmile:

Given the number of games that are only released in the US (and region-locked, at that) I think it's only fair.

Well, in our defense, there are roughly five times as many people here in the US than in the UK, so it's simply a larger costumer base.

Sole US releases are still a **** move though.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2009-10-27, 12:34 PM
b) I am willing to ship copies of this game to the US if you'll pay for the game itself and postage thereof. You buy the game and get it posted to my address (PM for details), then Paypal me money to cover postage to the US (not more than $10 I would think, but I don't know for sure) and I will forward it to you.

Of course, you have to trust me not to take your money and your copy of Torment and run, but that's your decision.

Not that I really want Planescape, but I figured I'd step in to vouch for Potato's trustworthiness. A bunch of us over at the TF2 thread (well, by us I really mean other people) sent him some money to get a GitP TF2 server up and running and, rather than absconding with $90+, we now have a fancy, almost-fully functional (my fault here, I'm afraid) server! So Potato's a good guy, and I'd be inclined to trust him if I wanted the game.

Archonic Energy
2009-10-27, 12:34 PM
WOOOHOOO! :biggrin:

I still have my original 4 disc version...
i may get it so my CDs can be properly retired*.

anyway where was i ... oh yeah,

*points at America*
HA-HA

* Placed in an Air tight Vault and put on display for future generations to stare at in awe

Zephraim
2009-10-27, 01:24 PM
Does Amazon UK ship to the rest of Europe? Or is it strictly UK?

Aotrs Commander
2009-10-27, 03:55 PM
Considerin' I regularly order stuff from amazon.com, I'd be a bit surprised if you couldn't just import it in. Assuming you don't get our customs whacked on either end (which is about another £13, if something's £18 or more of something).

Just checking the delivery stuff would seem to indicate that ordering it from over here perfectly possible.

Also, over here, amazon marketplaces often get in imports not long after the US release. I don't know whether the reverse is true, but if it is, I'd wait a short time and see if they get any in.

(I find this a great irony, having just finished a run-through Torment just yesterday!)

By the by, I suggest anyone who does get it a) notes Spellhold studios forums (especially if they have an Nvidia card, as there's a fix patch you'll need to get it to work) and b) look around for at least the widescreen mod and/or one of the fix packs (which corrects a lot of errors the official patch didn't, including some grammatic errors and such).

Also, I'm afraid I must also second potatocubed's neener neener neener, if only because I'm flippin' fed up of having to import half of every DVD series I watch at some point from America*, as well as some of my DS games! Pay back, as they say is a canine of the female persuasion...

*E.g, the Avatar boxed sets, Pokemon, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Teen Titans, Justice League, movies of same and similar (including Naruto ones, since I damned if I'm waiting six months for the UK release when the series DVD are both coming out about the same time on both sides of the pond...)

factotum
2009-10-27, 04:21 PM
By the by, I suggest anyone who does get it a) notes Spellhold studios forums (especially if they have an Nvidia card, as there's a fix patch you'll need to get it to work) and b) look around for at least the widescreen mod and/or one of the fix packs (which corrects a lot of errors the official patch didn't, including some grammatic errors and such).

If this genuinely IS a new release, chances are they'll have fixed that anyway.

Ianuagonde
2009-10-27, 04:35 PM
That's awesome! I may just buy it to get a spare set of CDs, and to support the genius who rereleased it.

*starts installing PS:T for the gazillionth time*

Ikialev
2009-10-27, 04:42 PM
You know, we've had this rerelease here like a half year ago... ^^

Aotrs Commander
2009-10-27, 04:56 PM
If this genuinely IS a new release, chances are they'll have fixed that anyway.

I wouldn't bet on it, actually. Considering that Black Isle is defunct and what's left is Bioware, and the game's ten years old, I doubt whoever's behind the re-release will have had people looking over the code, since they were fairly minor errors. I think someone mentioned there were like a million words in Torment, which is an aweful lot to spellcheck unless you're a fan yourself. It's not impossible, but I don't think it's likely.

In any case, it doesn't hurt to mention it, since Spellhold is like Infinity Engine central. They were enormously helpful in enabling me to get Torment and BG 2 up and running.

Edit: Actually, looking around, it looks like it's release on DVD for all of the Infinity Enigne games, which means it's fairly unlikely they'll have done much to the originals, since aside from the Nvidia graphics cards, the games run perfectly fine on XP. Also, I note with irony, Torment is the most expensive of the lot. On the other hand, it is the best of the games, and in my opinion, the best RPG, period; so I guess you pay for quality!

Winthur
2009-10-27, 05:09 PM
Why must it be UK only!

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/thumb/8/84/DawsonEmo.jpg/200px-DawsonEmo.jpg

Oh, wait.

In Poland it was rereleased as well. :smallbiggrin:

(Then why I still haven't bought it? And played it? I feel ashamed.)

MickJay
2009-10-27, 06:08 PM
I've seen it released in one package with Baldur's Gate (both parts with expansions), Icewind Dale (both parts) and Lionheart, for an equivalent of $25+, or alone for ~$9. Of course, it's a localised version.

Matthew
2009-10-27, 07:05 PM
Awesome! I have been hoping this would happen for some time, as when I played I was using a copy owned by a friend who I have since lost contact with.

Philistine
2009-10-28, 01:50 AM
(Then why I still haven't bought it? And played it? I feel ashamed.)

As you should, sir. As you should.

Inhuman Bot
2009-10-28, 02:28 PM
*sob*

I really regret having gotten rid of my copy of PS:T, though in my defence, I wasn't interested in the plot at age 10.

Excuse me, though, I have to go cry. :smalltongue:

Waggy
2009-10-28, 05:16 PM
I'm currently doing an elated jig around my living room (Which makes typing problematic). I've never had the opportunity to play it before and now I have the perfect excuse :smallbiggrin: