PDA

View Full Version : [4e] New Warden Powers?

DiscipleofBob
2009-10-27, 01:03 PM
I'm making a Warforged Warden with the primal parts being heavily reflavored into technological, and I was wondering what new level 1 and 2 powers came for the Warden in Primal Power. I don't have immediate access to the book since the DDI compendium hasn't updated yet, but I was still interested to see if there was anything from Primal Power I'd rather take than what I currently have.

So far, I'll be playing an Earthstrength Warden with the following powers:

Earth Shield Strike, reflavored as Shield Strike
As you strike your opponent, your armor briefly shifts into a more defensive position to cover the counterattack.

Thorn Strike, reflavored as Rocket Punch
Your fist fires as a projectile weapon, attached to your arm as a chain, which grabs hold of your opponent as you reel them back in

Earth Spikes, reflavored as Caltrop Strike
As you strike your opponent, you release a hidden compartment in your body that throws caltrops all around the enemy, making movement a hindrance for all of your nearby enemies.

Form of the Fearsome Ram, reflavored as Battering Ram Form
Your armor shifts and changes, covering your head in a ram-shaped mask and putting your weight towards the top of your body, allowing you greater momentum for charging your enemy.

Any new powers or feats in Primal Power that I should be aware of before continuing with this character?

Kylarra
2009-10-27, 01:18 PM
Crippling crush is pretty awesome, +con damage when you slow or immobilize with a hammer or mace, which means you may want to consider Weight of Earth as an at-will over earth shield strike, since that means you'd be dealing [1W]+str+con + slowing at will. Not quite striker utility, but still pretty nasty.

If you don't like that one, Tempest Assault is a nice new at-will. Its rider is Con mod damage to one marked enemy other than the target within 2 squares.

Shardan
2009-10-28, 09:55 AM
Actually the storm warden as a whole might be pretty good if you go with an 'electrified' war forged.

DiscipleofBob
2009-10-28, 01:02 PM
Crippling Crush does sound good, but I'm not sure if I want to be pigeonholed into using a mace instead of an armblade.

Storm Warden could be interesting. I wanted to avoid anything too out-of-flavor like energy damage, but a taser-like thing would be cool for lightning damage.

I could completely see Chrono Trigger's Robo or something similar coming from this.

Kylarra
2009-10-28, 05:16 PM
Armblades are so cliche anyway, just reflavor an attached warhammer into a clenched fist.

DiscipleofBob
2009-10-28, 05:26 PM
Armblades are so cliche anyway, just reflavor an attached warhammer into a clenched fist.

D&D characters are only cliche if you've gotten to play as them before. :smalltongue:

Shadow_Elf
2009-10-28, 05:27 PM
I'm sorry, but this has to be said:

"Autobots, Roll Out!".

Otherwise, I have no idea about Primal Power (waiting for the Compendium Update), but that is one nice character concept. The "Form" powers make him a lot like a Transformer (hence the above quote...).

hamishspence
2009-10-28, 05:28 PM
this is interesting- same race and class as mine, but taken in the opposite direction.

Instead of reflavoring my class, I reflavoured my race to be a mostly-wooden construct created by Druid-ish, primal-type culture (The Witches of Rashemen).

Still like Thorn Strike though.

(Very Mortal Kombat Scorpion: "Get over here!" :smallamused:)

Kylarra
2009-10-28, 05:43 PM
D&D characters are only cliche if you've gotten to play as them before. :smalltongue:This is true... :smallbiggrin:

DiscipleofBob
2009-10-28, 05:48 PM
I'm sorry, but this has to be said:

"Autobots, Roll Out!".

Otherwise, I have no idea about Primal Power (waiting for the Compendium Update), but that is one nice character concept. The "Form" powers make him a lot like a Transformer (hence the above quote...).

That's pretty much the idea I had going into this. I figure he pretty much looks like something from a certain horrible Michael Bay movie.

The 3.5 version of this guy was a Warforged Warblade Warforged Juggernaut (I was going for redundancy) whose manuevers would be similar transformation type things.

NPCMook
2009-10-28, 06:40 PM
You must name him "Mountainous Pine"