PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Weapon/Armor Ideas!

Shadwen
2009-10-27, 01:58 PM
Do any of you have any interesting nonmagical and magical weapon ideas for a lvl 10 starter campaign...got some new people wanting to play and wanna throw a twist thier way. Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 run. Mapless, with most books allowed.

Please show dmg, lbs, special affects, descript, and type of dmg...and one or two or more handed.

Brendan
2009-10-27, 05:01 PM
A greathammer enchanted with shrink person. 2 hands, 18 lbs. d10 damage. You hit someone and they must make a fort. save or drop a size catagory. Each hit grants a cumulative +3 on the save. Can be thrown if strength exceeds 13. It can do nonlethal damage if the ends of the hammer is padded.

AslanCross
2009-10-27, 05:07 PM
+1 fleshgrinding greatsword. (Magic Item compendium) It's otherwise the same as your standard magical greatsword, except for this:

When you activate it, it gets stuck in the target and deals damage every turn as if you attacked with it. Why?

Because chainsaw good. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ChainsawGood)

Mystic Muse
2009-10-27, 05:18 PM
Swordchucks.:smallbiggrin:

bosssmiley
2009-10-27, 06:33 PM
Do any of you have any interesting nonmagical and magical weapon ideas for a lvl 10 starter campaign...

Level 10...starter campaign? :smallconfused:

By level 10 characters are seriously chucking around lightning bolts (javelins of lightning), wielding swords made of fire (whether the swords also have tits is undetermined - pace Yahtzee) and axes that lop off limbs at a stroke while keening for the soul of the enemy. How much more interesting do you need?!

Non-magical and petty magic items, your first port of call should be to google "Taichara". Among other minor wonders she created Fluid Edge, a weapon that takes on the essential characteristics of whatever liquid you dip it into (be it water, burning oil, demon blood, orphan's tears, refined moonlight...)

ericgrau
2009-10-27, 06:51 PM
Swordchucks yo.:smallbiggrin:
Fixed it for you.

Starbuck_II
2009-10-27, 06:58 PM
Katori resin weapons?
Weapon material that makes it extra exotic, but raises Crit to x4.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20031014a

Flayerman
2009-10-27, 07:03 PM
Carts.

Get a horse. Get a cart. Max Ride skill. Learn the Improvised Weapons table.

Add Horse strength to it. Pow.

Other good stupid weapon tricks: iron-plated skein full of acid.

A door.

A table. (I've killed people in barfights with this. My Bard/Marshal/Barbarian/Scout/Warchanter loved this trick.)

BenTheJester
2009-10-27, 07:35 PM
+1 fleshgrinding greatsword. (Magic Item compendium) It's otherwise the same as your standard magical greatsword, except for this:

When you activate it, it gets stuck in the target and deals damage every turn as if you attacked with it. Why?

Because chainsaw good. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ChainsawGood)

Add holy strike to it. I once had a BBEG with an Unholy Strike Fleshgrinding Lance, since all the heroes she was facing were Good, they couldn't take out the lance without losing levels. I that would work with adventurers too since most faced enemies are evil.

The Glyphstone
2009-10-27, 07:39 PM
Swordchucks.:smallbiggrin:

More like Tarrasque-chucks, amirite?:smallbiggrin:

Chrono22
2009-10-27, 07:42 PM
Here's an interesting twist: you have a weapon made from a special metal from the plane of pandemonium. Whenever you kill a creature, the soul of the slain creature is stored in the material of the weapon.
So, if you kill a good aligned creature, it will count as being a good weapon for overcoming DR.
The only problem is it currently holds the soul of a vengeful demigod... so to prevent the release of the demigod, you can never kill with the weapon.

Gourtox
2009-10-27, 07:46 PM
Here's an interesting twist: you have a weapon made from a special metal from the plane of pandemonium. Whenever you kill a creature, the soul of the slain creature is stored in the material of the weapon.
So, if you kill a good aligned creature, it will count as being a good weapon for overcoming DR.
The only problem is it currently holds the soul of a vengeful demigod... so to prevent the release of the demigod, you can never kill with the weapon.

Other than a BBEG I'm not sure who would use that.

Chrono22
2009-10-27, 07:51 PM
Maybe a PC who used it against a BBEG?
Maybe for the metal to continue to function it has to be bathed in blood regularly?

Thurbane
2009-10-27, 08:40 PM
Spiked gauntlet with the Merciful enchantment. Make it intelligent, and have a mopey, goth personality. Call it the Cestus of Mercy! :smallbiggrin:

Shadwen
2009-10-27, 08:54 PM
Campaign Idea if this helps:

Necromancer has the undead army (old routine i know)
His brother an Archmage has mind warped all others in the council of the continent (to be named).
The party is to learn from a tutor (not sure yet) and kill this necromancer. I need ideas for armor weps anything.

Book Wyrm
2009-10-27, 09:54 PM
More of a character idea that uses a specific set of weapons, but whatever:

Two Weapon Fighting Dwarf who wields a Warhammer (Martial 1 hander, 1d8, x3, 5lbs, Bludgeoning) in one hand and a Sickle (Simple Light, 1d6, x2, 2lbs, Slashing, Can make trips attacks) in the other, calls everyone comrade, and drinks copious amounts of Vodka. He wears a big fur hat, red overcoat with golden stars, and worships Marx, the dwarven god of commerce.