PDA

View Full Version : Corporation

Crossblade
2009-10-27, 04:06 PM
So who's played this one yet? Corporation (http://www.corpgame.com/) is sort of like ShadowRun, but no Tolken races. It's set in the future, a world run by several large military-esk factions.

I just started playing this last Sunday with a new group, and the system seems very interesting. Combine your Stats with your Skills to do certain actions, roll 2 d10, if you get under your stat+skill, you succeed.
(ie: To shoot at something with a hand gun: Perception [will start at 5-10] + Light Firearm[will be 0-8], roll under that result, and you hit the target).

So, anyone else hear of or even play this?

bosssmiley
2009-10-27, 06:37 PM
The 80s revival reaches RPGs: cyberpunk is trendy again. :smallamused:

Never heard of Corporation. What's its USP?

Crossblade
2009-10-28, 04:08 AM
It's unique selling point would probably be the stat/skill system I described.
You have 7 stats, and are given a point buy-ish system. It's a one for one trade; you can lower one stat by one point to raise another by 1 point; so long as it ends between 5-10.
Skills are set by point allocation. There are more skills than I can remember, ranging from medicine to fire arms to hacking to driving. You pick 1 skill as your 'best skill', you can never critical fail at it. (You mark it with an *) You then are allowed to put one skill at 8, 2 at 7, 3 at 6, 3 at 5, 3 at 4, etc

Whenever you want to do anything, you pick the relevant skill and add it to the relevant stat. Roll 2 d10, if you get under, you succeed.

On top of all that, you have the option to be psionic (it's a feat); which does not seem like a repainted style of magic, so I'm told (I kept away from that, as it was my first game).

Actually, you know what? Here's a professional review:
Gnomestew.com (http://www.gnomestew.com/reviews/a-review-of-corporation-rpg-fast-brutal-and-gm-friendly)

It's also very fast to learn. The only time I looked at the book the whole night was to pick equipment during character generation; but in game play, it took me 20 minutes to figure out everything I needed to know on how to play (not counting funny side story side-tracks).