PDA

View Full Version : building boats, bridges etc

Ozreth
2009-10-27, 04:25 PM
Heya! Im new to DMing and my knowledge only goes as far as what ive learned from other DMs and players. Anyways Ive decided to give the DM role a shot and want to incorporate some crafting into my game. I wont have access to my books for awhile and needed some help. Can anybody give me a rundown on the process of building things out of wood. Basically my players are going to need to build a small raft. We are playing 3.5

Thanks!

jiriku
2009-10-27, 04:29 PM
All you need to know, right here:

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/craft.htm

Mando Knight
2009-10-27, 04:31 PM
A Craft (woodworking) or Profession (shipwright) check should work...

I would just wing it: Are there sufficient numbers of decent trees nearby? Does the party have an axe and a few good lengths of rope? They can make a raft.

Ozreth
2009-10-27, 04:34 PM
A Craft (woodworking) or Profession (shipwright) check should work...

I would just wing it: Are there sufficient numbers of decent trees nearby? Does the party have an axe and a few good lengths of rope? They can make a raft.

Yeah that sounds simple enough. I was just wondering if there were actually some complicated rules for building things. Thanks!

kentma57
2009-10-27, 10:44 PM
Yeah that sounds simple enough. I was just wondering if there were actually some complicated rules for building things. Thanks!

There is, "The Stronghold builder's Guide".

root9125
2009-10-28, 10:46 AM
There is, "The Stronghold builder's Guide".

Which is 3.0, but never updated, and not TOO broken... but please, use common sense. Tell your players it's okay, pending approval each time.