PDA

View Full Version : The Blood Raiders

Gourtox
2009-10-27, 07:21 PM
Gamgee

You enter the newly restored holoroom of the Jedi temple. The grey room is empty except a young Twi'lek girl in stilised robes of a new padawan and a large holoprojector that showed the legendary Luke Skywalker sitting in a chair reminiscent of those the Council used oh so long ago. "Dobaan I'm glad that you have finally returned to the Republic. Sadly since most of Master and knights were killed in the fall of the Old Republic we have been recently unable to find masters to take padawans. That is what made me so overjoyed when I heard of you requesting a padawan. Normally I would have you visit our other temples and pick your own padawans, but sadly we have a mission for you that requires your immediate attention and we only had one youngling old enough to become a padawan within the sector. Don't worry though I've only heard great things about her and I'm sure she'll be a great jedi." He smiles and turns to the girl and says, "This is Lyn Dortuna (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=162800)and she is to be your apprentice if you accept. Then we'll get to the mission I have for you."

Katana_Geldar

A waiter leads you to your table at newly opened Indigo Tower. The atmosphere seemed to just ooze wealth and fame. You could see prominent Senators and other famous people. Normally you wouldn't even be able to buy a glass of water here, but you hadn't made the reservations. Senator Vermillion of Corellia had made the reservations. He was the head of the newly formed Council of Secruity and Intelligence and a member of the Ruling Council. Just as you looked at the holomenu being projecting for the table the Senator appeared. He was an old man with the look of grizzly veteren of a long ago war. "Lady Vulana you look esquisite tonight." he said with an elegant bow. He seated himself across from you saying, "While I wish tonight was purely so we could enjoy each others company I'm afraid we will have to discuss matters of a more serious nature, but don't let that dampen your mood. Feel free to order whatever you want, though I suggest the Corellian Bortha Steak which I myself will be enjoying along with some of the finest Corellian whisky."

Jokes

When you enter the Wamprat Cantina you can immediately tell where it got its name from. The cantina smelled like a pack of wamprats was living in there, but you didn't care. The cantina was filled with all kinds of vile scum including a particular group at the back at the cantina with blasters hanging from with belts. The bartender, a gruff looking Trandoshan, says, "Look kid you must be new here, but if I were you I wouldn't stare over there unless you got a death wish."

Rane126 and Mackejn

You enter the Wamprat Cantina, but not for pleasure. This is buisness. you were ordered to apprehand a few Blood Raiders and this was where you were told to go.

Katana_Geldar
2009-10-27, 08:00 PM
(Posting in pink)

Chié remembered frequenting places like this when she served Senator Naberrie, but it made her a little ill at ease when she was the centre of attention instead of hovering in the background.
I'll take your suggestion about the steak, Senator,she said, quickly glancing down the drinks menu. But judging from the nature of what you say, perhaps I better forgo stimulants. A ruby bliel (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ruby_bliel) will be fine

As I know polticians and am suspicious by nature, I am going to do a Perception check to sense his motive and attitude. [roll0]

Jokes
2009-10-27, 08:12 PM
Jilto nods at the bartender, giving the group a quick glimpse, but otherwise ignores them. Stepping up to the bar, he sits down on the closest barstool. His new armour still chafes a little, but he tries not to show the discomfort. He orders a drink, fully intending to spend the rest of the night on the barstool.

Rane126
2009-10-28, 01:09 AM
Aranar

Civilians scatter as two troopers arrive at the establishment from the briefing. Aranar checks his weapon connection to it's power supply as they approach to door. Kitted out in marine armour, complete with Republic insignia, and live weapons there's no doubt these two mean official business.

"This is the place. Let's hope these guys do the sensible thing and come quietly. Are you set Talon? I'll take left."

mackejn
2009-10-29, 04:22 PM
Talon

Talon looks around at the seedy crowd in the cantina and takes stock of the individuals within. He checks to make sure his blaster is powered and good to go.

"Yeah I'll take right. Keep an eye out for anyone trying something funny. They ALWAYS try something."

Rane126
2009-10-30, 12:48 AM
Aranar

Aranar follows Talon through the door and circles around the room to the left, scanning the patrons for their mark.

Perception [roll0]

Jokes
2009-10-30, 10:40 AM
Jilto physically stiffens as the two men enter the cantina. Republic Soldiers... Relax, they might not be here for you... He calms a little as one walks right past him. He resists the urge to rest a hand on his blaster, instead picking up his beer and taking a few quick sips. He doesn't realise it, but in an effort not to look at the soldiers, he begins staring at the group sitting in the corner.

Gourtox
2009-10-31, 04:36 PM
Katana_Geldar

The Senator chuckles lightly, "I guess that would be best." The next minute or so passes in idle chit chat about Senators, recent battles, and the New Republic in general until the waiter returns with your food and drinks. Lifting the crystal glass to his mouth he takes a small sip, his eyes staring at something far away for a second. "Ah this is a fine year, reminds me of the hot afternoons in my uncles bar. His bar always had the finest drinks even if his customers weren't, but enough of my old stories. We should get down to buisness." His eyes return to you with surprising focus. "It seems that on the world of Dustrov IV there is some activity that may be linked to remants of the Imperials and with your history we would like you to investigate. Will you do it?"

Jokes

One of the guys in the group sees you looking at you and decides to get up with his buddies in tow. They ignore the republic soldiers and go up right to you with one of them sitting on either side of you and a third right behind you. He leans in and you know there's gonna be trouble. "I saw you staring over at us and we don't take too kindly to staring. Of course I'm sure that its purely coincidence that you come in with those soldier boys over there, isn't it? Either way things ain't looking good for you today punk." You feel the chill of a pistol on your skin.
roll initiative

Rane 126

You see some commotion going on around the bar. You move in closer to get a good look and you see the distinct insignias you had been looking for. Just as you do there's a tap on your shoulder. You turn around thinking Talon is there to tell you what you already knew, but instead you are greeted by punch in the face.
roll initiative

Mackejn

You see what is happening at the bar then as you turn to tell Aranar you watch as he is punched in the face. The thugs obviously mean buisness, but you need atleast one of them alive.
roll initiative

Jokes
2009-10-31, 07:14 PM
"Ah, crap." Jillto puts his beer down. "Can't I at least finish my drink?"

[roll0]

Katana_Geldar
2009-10-31, 09:40 PM
Chié had been around too many poltiticans to know not to answer a direct question without more information. "Durstov IV? I don't believe I am familiar with it."

Gamgee
2009-10-31, 10:14 PM
Dobaan
Dobaan gives a small bow to his new padawan. "Greetings Lyn Dortuna, I am Knight Dobaan Girr. I am pleased to see that I have had such fortune in finding a padawan with such haste. We will have much time for introductions on the way to our first mission, so let us see what it is we must do. This is of course if you accept me as your master."

Rane126
2009-10-31, 11:17 PM
Aranar

Aranar rolls with the punch, odd that someone should try to punch an armoured individual but still, them's the breaks, at least it helps identify those to be brought into custody.

Initiative rolled in OOC thread = 27

Gourtox
2009-11-03, 08:35 PM
Katana

The Senator chuckles "I'm not surprised. Even though it's a Core world very much like Coruscant it doesn't get much mention. It's a city world like Coruscant, but unlike Coruscant it isn't as pretty or as, well decent. It's a world that has been mostly controlled by crime lords since its discovery. The only legal activity on that planet is the trade that goes through there and there's alot of trade that goes through Dustrov IV. It's a massive trade world. So what's your answer?"

Rane126 and Jokes

You go first.

Gamgee

The Twi'lek tuns to smiling. "Of course I accept you as my master." Luke Skywalker beams a smile at you. "Excellent. You two will be headed to Dustrov IV. We have reports of an Imperial Remnent there and we would like you to investigate. We have organized some people to help you. They will meet you at the Republic Embassy in the Lethre district police station. Any questions?"

Jokes
2009-11-03, 08:59 PM
Jilto takes a deep breath, then slowly releases it. Quick as a flash, he brings his feet up against the bar and kicks off, sending himself flying backward into the tough behind him.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Katana_Geldar
2009-11-03, 09:24 PM
"You certainly are direct, Senator," Chié says with a slight laugh. Not that I am unwilling,but I would like some more information about what is involved here. Surely you can spare a few details that you could tell me now so that I know what I will be agreeing to

You haven't given me the results of my Perpection check here or even if it failed, here I am making a Persuade check. [roll0]

Rane126
2009-11-03, 10:32 PM
Aranar

Never one to wait for a better introduction, Aranar wades in. He launches a backhand at the thug who punched him as he swings his repeating blaster to bear. He at least tries to give them a chance. "Republic Security. Stand down! We will fire. You are under arrest."

Unarmed attack w/ MA1 [roll0]
Damage [roll1] 2 str, 4 level, 1 combat gloves

Gamgee
2009-11-04, 11:03 AM
Dobaan
His face is quizzical, but stern. "How much reports? How frequent? And how sizable of a force do we think or know they have? Any previous activity in that region of space? More importantly, do we have any idea about their motive?"

Some Knowledge checks, all using my UTF. Galactic Lore on Dustrov IV, I think a galactic gazetteer style entry would help here. :P [roll0]After getting or not getting his answers, Knowledge Social Sciences: Criminology roll to glean some more insight into their activities [roll1]

mackejn
2009-11-10, 07:47 PM
Talon
Seeing things going bad. Talon draws, sets his blasters to stun, and takes a single shot at one of the thugs.

Initiative: [roll0]
Attack: [roll1] assuming I have no range penalty
Damage: [roll2]

Gourtox
2009-11-11, 01:50 PM
Rane126

Your strike is wide and the armored villain easily dodges it. He raises his carbine and fires. The red blasts shoot by your face, missing you by inches. mere seconds later another shot just barel misses your right shoulder.

Jokes

You slam into him over. You are able to land gracefully on your feet while the thug isn't and slides across the floor struggleing to get up. He is finally able to get himself up and fires his pistol yelling, "I'm gonna enjoy killing you!" You feel the searing pain as the red bolt connect with your shoulder.

You take 16 damage

Mackejn

Your shot misses the scoundrel, but the hiss doesn't. The pain is felt in your left leg.

You are hit for 24 damage and are moved one step down the condition track

Katana

"I'm sorry Chié, but I can't divulge anymore information without comprimising our efforts. I need to know your answer."

You are unable to discern his motives and it seems you are unable to persuade him at all.

Gamgee
"There have been relatively few reports, but the ones we have are significant enough to warrant an investigation. As to the size of their force, we have no idea. They may already control the whole planet or they may only be a small group of people, we have no idea. We are unsure about their motive, but whatever it is it can't be good."
Your results
Galactic Lore:
Dustrov IV
Region: Core
System: Dustrov System
Climate: Temperate (urban)
Gravity: Standard
Suns: 1, Tevik
Moons: 2 or 3
Length of Day: 25 Standard Hours
Length of Year: 375 Local Days
Sapient Species: 40%Humans, 50% Dustrovs (native) 10% Other
Government: Council(Really: Crime Lords)
Capital: Kriegre
Major Exports: Technology, Black Market Goods
Major Imports: Foodstuffs, Black Market Goods
Dustrov IV is an urbanized world, known for its popularity as a trade stop and as the home world of Dustrovs.
Dustrov IV is a major hub of criminal activity and is the home of many criminal organizations.
Dustrov IV used to be much like Courascant and was a galactic superpower, but a Civil War destroyed its standing and turned it into the seedy underworld it is.
Social Sciences:
Criminals rule Dustrov IV and are in control of just about everything on the planet.
Just about every prominent criminal organization has member on the High Council, but the organization mostly in control of the planet is The Forgotten Blood.

Rane126
2009-11-11, 08:01 PM
Aranar

They started shooting first, and not pulling any punches. Aranar sets himself, bracing his blaster and fires a burst of fire at the closest shooting thug.

Using braced Burst fire, with controlled burst:
to hit [roll0] +8 bab -2 controlled burst + 1 PBS
damage [roll1]

Jokes
2009-11-11, 08:18 PM
Jilto reels back from the blow. "Oh, now," he reaches to grab his heavy blaster and aims it at the thug, "you've got me mad." Without any hesitation, he begins firing.

Move: Draw Heavy Blaster.
Standard: Fire
[roll0]
[roll1]
edit: and damn straight I'm using a heavy blaster at point blank range :smallamused:

mackejn
2009-11-11, 09:49 PM
Talon
Talon attempts to hit the thug again.

Attack: 1d20+12-1
Damage: 2d8+6-1
And I'd like to use two swift actions to start moving up the condition track.

I'm still not really clear about what hit me.

Katana_Geldar
2009-11-11, 11:59 PM
"Ah well, it seems as if both of us have spent a little too much time beyond the Mid-Rim," she says, trying to make light of the subject while realising it's seriousness. "I accept then, and you have to realise that this is something I don't usually do, Senator, and I have managed to stay alive this long."

Gamgee
2009-11-12, 04:05 PM
Dobaan
"I have no questions Master Skywalker. I shall depart immediately, Lyn if you can follow me we will go to the ship as soon as we are dismissed."

Gourtox
2009-11-17, 03:43 PM
Mackejn,Jokes, and Rane126

Red bolts fly by each of you, but none of the attacks land. The mouthy leader yells, "Come on you republic slime let's see what you can do." The others however stay silent in deadly concentration on the task at hand, your demise.

Katana
The Senator lets a giant grin spread across his face, "That's great." Looking at his watch his smile fades. "I'm afraid I'm going to depart, but feel free to stay here and finish your meal. As soon as your done follow these instructions." He gets up and leaves, but slips you a datapad as he does so. A quick look at it reveals the location of a starport and directions to hanger 316.

Gamgee
"You are dismissed and may the force be with you, both of you." The hologram shuts down and Luke disapears. As soon as it does so a Trandoshan, wearing armor that seems oddly familiar to you, enters the room. "Skywalker gave me instructions to fly you to Dustrov IV, so if you wil follow me when can get going."
OOC:Things in spoiler happen after any comments you make.
Trandoshan leads you to the hanger where a sleek, black ship sits. "This is my baby, The Shadow and today you people have the privilage of riding on it." You sit down inside the ship watching as the Trandoshan straps himself in. Then there is a beep and he pushes a button, you can hear he is having a quiet conversation although you can't make out what he's saying. A few seconds later he pushes the button again and says, "Seems like we're gonna be taking a slight detour to pick up another passenger. Well here we go." The ship lifts of the platform and shoots up into the sky. It jumps into lightspeed as soon as it leaves the atmosphere.

Katana_Geldar
2009-11-17, 05:00 PM
Chie quickly finishes her meal and then gets an airtaxi back to the motel she was staying at and goes into to change and pick up her gear, leaving the cab waiting outside. She then directs the driver to the spaceport and heads for hangar 316, but the place is empty.

Rane126
2009-11-17, 06:23 PM
Aranar

Once again bracing his weapon Aranar fires at the leader who is shouting at them.

Burst fire, controlled burst:
To Hit [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Jokes
2009-11-19, 09:53 PM
Jilto brings his rifle up to his eye and fires an aimed shot at the leader.

2 Swift actions to aim.
Deadeye Shot.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Gamgee
2009-11-24, 05:35 PM
Dobaan looks shocked at how blunt the Trandoshan was, and seeing him in a rush he just spoke up to his apprentice "Lyn we must follow the Trandoshan."

He follows the large reptilian figure in and listens to his comments in silence. Dobaan is about to strap himself in and talk to Lyn, but the last comment made him stop and just blankly at the opposite wall. He manifests his voice to the Trandoshan and his Padawan, and makes his voice take on a quizzical tone. "A detour? Where, and for whom do we go out of our way? Also I am Dobaan Giir, I failed to introduce myself earlier in your haste, and this is my Padawan Lynn Dortuna. Although I am sure she can introduce herself personally later"

A draethos speaks telepathically, and we get a +5 bonus on telepathy attempts. So in other words, I auto succeed on "talking". I forgot to incorporate that into my earlier post. I mean it would be hard for a one jawed organism to speak yes? HAHAHA

Gourtox
2009-11-27, 04:52 PM
Mackejn,Jokes, and Rane126

Jilto's bolt hits the leader in between the eyes. The mouthy leader is silent as he falls to the floor with a thump. The rest of the gang looks at each other and nods. Suddenly grenades fly from their hands, hitting you and exploding.

You all take 8 stun damage(already halved)

Gamgee

The Trandoshan looks at you with a look of contempt. "Look I don't care who you are and don't ask for me for my name cause I won't give it. In fact the only reason I'm here is because Skywalker called in my favor. I don't even like jedi with very,very few exceptions. As for where we're going, we're going to back to Courascant to pick up a certain Chie Vulana." The ship drops out of lightspeed and turns around. Two ships drop out of lightspeed right in front of you and are blasted into oblivion. "Man I hate tag alongs." The ship jumped back into lightspeed for a few sconds before coming out just above Courascant and landed in Starport. "Stay here I'll be back."

Read Katana's DM too it kinda for you too.
Katana

You see a sleek, black ship land. Wondering to yourself who could fly such a menacing looking ship and Trandoshan walks down a descending ramp. "Chie, you are to come with me. Authorization Alpha, Code Frenzik." As soon as he stops speaking the datapad the Senator gave you starts beeping and plays a recording of the Senator speaking. "Chie this your transport. Please don't ask too many questions." Feeling confident you board the ship with the Trandoshan and follow him up to the cockpit. "Take a seat and let's go." Since the Trandoshan seems dangerous you quickly take a seat next to two jedi." The ship takes off and heads into lightspeed once it leaves Courascant. "Feel free to chat it up back there I don't really care."

Katana_Geldar
2009-11-27, 08:46 PM
Chie barely has time to fasten her restraints before the ship takes off, it's not until they have entered hyperspace that she turns to the other passengers.

It seems as if we have been sent on the same mission, Master Jedi. I am Chié Vulana and I have been assigned by the senate to look into this Durstov IV affair. I hope that your own briefing was an improvement on mine.

Gamgee
2009-11-29, 03:13 AM
Dobaan Giir
In his telepathy he speaks up Chié and Lyn only "Greetings Chié Vulana, I am Dobaan Giir. This young woman here is Lyn Dortuna, my Padawan. It would be impossible for me to say if my briefing was better, for I do not know what you know. Although I will guess that both of our briefings were quite scant on the details."

Finally afterwords he allows his voice to only be heard by Lyn "I once again apologies, it looks like we have little time to talk of things other than the mission. Although, as a first lesson I think it is important we learn to communicate without being heard. So replying to me without the other two hearing would be an excellent gauge of both our abilities."

Jokes
2009-11-29, 11:18 PM
Jilto reels from the grenade bursts, then brings his rifle up to his eye again. He seems to be completely focused on bringing these down.

2 Swift actions to aim.
Deadeye Shot.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Rane126
2009-11-30, 02:41 AM
Aranar

Aranar turns his weapon on the group of thugs and bracing himself and the rifle he lays down a series of blaster bolts.

Braced autofire
to hit [roll0]
Damage [roll1]