View Full Version : Bard helps pls.

Shadwen
2009-10-27, 09:58 PM
I need to piece together a bard.

Its a low level campaign

Rolls:

I was allowed to have this!

Flute of Generosity
*Roll a charisma + perform check (dc 15). If the roll is over the check of 15 for every point extra you gain 1 extra viewer that supplies you with a multiplier of +1. When rolling the perform check then end result of income is multiplied by the multiplier gained*

Also functions as a weapon
1d4 +1 Piercing Keen

PinkysBrain
2009-10-27, 10:27 PM
Flute of Generosity
*Roll a charisma + perform check (dc 15). If the roll is over the check of 15 for every point extra you gain 1 extra viewer that supplies you with a multiplier of +1. When rolling the perform check then end result of income is multiplied by the multiplier gained*
So .... do you want to abuse this? :)

PS. on second thought, if you boost the skill high enough to make it worth it you can just diplomance or bluff everything into submission.

Shadwen
2009-10-27, 10:33 PM
Was thinking a social control bard. I can buy almost anything with this flute now. Yeah i wanna abuse it.

holywhippet
2009-10-27, 10:35 PM
I'd allocate your stats like this:

17 - CHA
16 - CON
12 - DEX
9 - STR
12 - INT
8 - WIS

Is that flute intended to be a ranged weapon or a melee weapon? A bard should avoid melee like the plague due to their low AC. Personally I prefer a halfling bard with lots of throwing weapons.

Keep in mind your perform checks with the flute will be only about once a day so don't expect to get hugely rich. If anything you'd get a faster infusion of cash selling the flute.

Shadwen
2009-10-27, 10:40 PM
Understood and the flute is a ranged weapon...might need to find a good dart to use though.