PDA

View Full Version : Character Concepts

Shadwen
2009-10-27, 10:00 PM
Post your DnD 3.5 character concepts. (how they look, how they act, favorite sayings, who they worship, weapons, anything and everything you feel like adding)

Zaydos
2009-10-27, 10:18 PM
One I'm working on right now is: Vindalf Draupnir. A lawful good crusader s/he wears a suit of intelligent adamantine battle plate and has a ring of sustenance and restful armor crystal so that s/he never has to remove his (her?) armor. I'm having a little trouble choosing gender, but I think I might have him (her?) be rather like V and have no revealed gender (with the current set up I don't have to choose yet).

S/he has a large dwarven war-axe and is a proud, battle ready warrior that puts high place on personal honor. Haven't quite gotten sayings yet but I see Vindalf as proud of his dwarven height considering humans "too tall".

Vindalf's goals include finding the Ultimate Weapon his clan forged, which was (unfortunately) used to destroy his clan and home fortress. It's an adamantine war-axe infused with the raw (evil) power that crafted the cosmology from fragments of another, and it drew its first wielder mad before he was killed by a bigger bad guy. Not sure yet whether he will wield the axe or destroy it, all I do know is it's Vindalf's responsibility to handle it because it was his clans purpose to make it and the "Ultimate Armor".

His other goal is to make the "Ultimate Armor" right now he has +1 Battleplate of Nimbleness with Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 10 and bless 3/day along with 10 ranks of listen, but he'll get it further enchanted over time. It gained intelligence when hit by above ax and the metal arm-club the bigger bad guy had (so apparently the brain cells Vindalf lost went into the armor). Oh yes and a name (Nori) and a hatred for dragons.

Once those two are done Vindalf will look for the survivors from his/her home which s/he got separated from after being left for dead. Of course saving the world will distract Vindalf from this for a while (the Ultimate Weapon quest will simply be part of the whole save the world problem).

Since I haven't played them yet actions are a little cloudy, but I see them as proud and honorable, with a strong protective instinct. Their god is probably a home-brewed dwarven god of the forge and war.

There's more but that's what I've got put into words so far.

Edit: Oh yes I forgot Vindalf has an appreciation/idolization for the dwarven heroes of old and max (cross-class) ranks in perform (oratory). I intend to go into battle chanting dwarven poetry and watching to see how long it is before the other PCs realize I'm not a bard.

Shadwen
2009-10-27, 10:38 PM
I actually love that character...If a player ever did that in my game i think they would get something smancy.

Zaydos
2009-10-27, 10:40 PM
The DM gave me a +10,000 GP to spend on the armor's Int and a ring of crafting thanks to the backstory and RP value so I guess that's rather smancy :smallbiggrin:

Shadwen
2009-10-27, 10:50 PM
Very nice. I had to give a player a set of boots that gave the blink ability 1/day so he could play his character since he wrote a 7 page backstory and drew a sketch