PDA

View Full Version : (3.5)Ability score damage

stenver
2009-10-28, 04:30 AM
Please tell me all the possible ways to get rid of ability score damage in a party with level 8 rogue, druid, wizard and sorcerer without sleeping it off or using restoration spells.

BobVosh
2009-10-28, 04:43 AM
Without magic or time it doesn't heal. If you mean spells besides the restorations then Heal and a few other ones will do it.

Touche River, touche.

PhoenixRivers
2009-10-28, 05:07 AM
...but how much time?

Depending on sources, and the people that need to get rid of it...

Bind Vestige (Naberius)

It's a feat from Tome of Magic. You'll recover ability damage at a rate of 1 point to all scores per round.

You'll recover ability drain at a rate of 1 point to all scores per hour.

Only works on the person with the feat, but anyone can pick it up. Naberius's bind DC isn't that hard, either.

Reaper_Monkey
2009-10-28, 05:32 AM
If your using incarnum then you can soulmeld Strongheart Vest and that reduces ability damage taken by 1 each turn, so as long as your not taking too much in one go it will reduce the overall amount you have to heal. Not sure if this is quite what your looking for though.

Teron
2009-10-28, 06:43 AM
The Bind Vestige feat doesn't give you all the abilities of a vestige; in the case of Naberius, you don't get the fast ability healing. You need a binder level to access that ability.

Sinfire Titan
2009-10-28, 10:06 AM
There's a pair of rods in the Magic Item Compendium that heal a limited amount of ability score damage and have a daily use. You may be better off buying an Eternal Wand of Lesser Restoration or three.

Person_Man
2009-10-28, 11:01 AM
May I ask why you need to heal ability score damage without restoration?

Brendan
2009-10-28, 01:34 PM
I believe that it heals 1/day, and 2/day if you spend the whole time resting. I think.