PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Gestalt Builds by Attribute...

Zovc
2009-10-28, 04:44 PM
What are the most interesting gestalt builds you can come up with based on attributes? In other words, you're trying to make characters that are extremely SAD. I'm not that interested in Wisdom or Intelligence, but I will let you guys humor those attributes.

For Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma builds, I'd prefer not to see Archivist, Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Erudite, Factotum, Wizard, or Sorceror. You've still got "casters" tied to those abilities if you really want, but they're not one the titans I'm tired of seeing.

So, for your posts, however obvious you may think it is, please clearly designate the attribute you're focusing on. Feel free to boast about how much your combo shines at any level, but I'd like to see your build span 20 levels.

I'm willing to waive the common gestalt ruling that prevents double-progression prestige classes simply because I believe I've ruled out all of the full casters. (Sure, Psion[/Wilder] has survived, but you can't progress it and Wizard at the same time.)

(I'm almost wishing I could turn this into a contest, but I'd rather not come up with 'official' rules or grading methods, or tally votes.)

Edit: While I'm sure most of you powergamers won't need it, Person_Man's X stat to Y bonus (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125732) thread may help you all out.

Mongoose87
2009-10-28, 04:45 PM
INT- Rogue//Beguiler.

EDIT: Or Beguiler//Spellthief1/Rogue19

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-10-28, 04:48 PM
Factotum/Warblade: Int. To everything. And free actions.
Paladin/Monk/race with massive cha mod//Dread Necromancer: Cha. Cha-based casting, Cha to saves, Cha to AC, Divine feats fuled by Cha.

OMG PONIES
2009-10-28, 04:49 PM
DEX: Swordsage/Bloodstorm Blade//Scout/Master Thrower.

Nothing like hurling mega-skirmish daggers as touch attacks.

Edit: Or straight swordsage//Ranger/Scout/Master Thrower with Swift Hunter.

Glimbur
2009-10-28, 04:57 PM
Con: Wildshape Ranger 20//Scout 5/Deepwarden 5/Master of Many Forms 10. Full BAB, Wildshape to cover for Str and Dex, Con to AC (sadly Wildshape probably reduces your Con), and some skirmish (maybe full skirmish if you let Swift Hunter in with the limit that effective scout level can't be higher than total character level). Could use more Fist of the Forest, I suppose, but I want the HD advancement in forms taken from taking more Wildshape Ranger.

Godskook
2009-10-28, 04:57 PM
Con - Incarnate//DFA

Dex - Rogue//Unarmed Swordsage

Int - Warblade//Factotum

Balanced - Swift Hunter//DFA Makes an excellent ranged cannon, with great skillmonkey potential, principally con/int/dex based, but balanced stats are the primary goal.(Swift hunter is a multiclass scout+ranger build)

Zovc
2009-10-28, 05:22 PM
While I didn't explicitly state this, I was hoping for ridiculously complicated builds that would make me look up prestige classes I've never seen.

I'm not particularly good at making builds, but I'll try to post one later tonight. I'm about to go have dinner with a friend, then work on someone's computer, but I may have time to crawl through a few splatbooks.

Fax Celestis
2009-10-28, 05:26 PM
Charisma: Hexblade//Spellthief

Double halfcasting (Cha based), Cha-to-saves, Cha-based class features, 6+Int skills with large skill list, full BAB, all good saves, 1:3 Sneak Attack, d8 HD, light armor casting.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-10-28, 05:29 PM
The real issue is that you've banned many full-casters. The fun that is doable with an Archivist//Ranger Archer or a Wizard/Factotum is just insane.

Starscream
2009-10-28, 05:42 PM
I'm currently playing a Gestalt Ninja//Druid.

I took the shapeshift variant for simplicity's sake, but with Wild Shape you'd have a pretty SAD character. Just put everything into Wisdom, Wild Shape to boost your physical ability scores, and tear people apart.

You get all the typical strengths of the (already godlike) druid class, but you can also go ethereal and invisible, get a ton of Sudden Strike damage, have three good saves, 6 skill points, and most importantly add your wisdom bonus to AC. And all that stays with you when Wild Shaped. That's not even taking spells into consideration.

Only problem is that your HD is still a d8, so while you are as much a melee monster as any Codzilla, you still can't take too much punishment.

Lycanthromancer
2009-10-28, 05:58 PM
If you allow the feats that switch casting attributes for psionics (and I'm not sure why you wouldn't), an egoist//psychic warrior/illithid slayer working completely off of Intelligence would be awesome. You could use metamorphosis for your physical stats, and you really won't need Wis or Cha much (save maybe for Su abilities, but even then probably not). You'd get lots of bonus feats, and even get Int twice to your power points. Proper application of feats and powers would get you tons of extra action economy for buffing, too.

ShneekeyTheLost
2009-10-28, 06:40 PM
Dex: Rogue//Warlock

Seriously, 'lock has NO attribute dependency, since you can easily pick and choose Invocations which simply don't have saving throws. So Rogue//Lock has a lot of potential damage output, plus has the ability to UMD like mad to be a 'sorcerer-lite', complete skillmonkey setup, and has a lot of 'get out of trouble free' cards.

A two-level dip on the Rogue side into Swordsage makes this even MORE mono-stat, with Weapon Finesse and Shadow Blade to give Dex to melee attack and damage rolls. Too bad you can't make an Eldritch Glaive a Shadow Hand favored weapon...

Charlie Kemek
2009-10-28, 08:21 PM
CON: totemist//dragonfire adept
CHA: bard//knight (not sure on this one, and throw in a few dips of stuff on the bard side, and some sublime chord)
CHA #2: Bard/sublime chord (+ dips of stuff (optional))//wilder for a pretty strong skill monkey or blaster
INT: Warblade//Psion
WIS: Psionic warrior or monk/psionic warrior//wildshape ranger/MoMF/warshaper
DEX: Warlock//rouge/scout with swift ambusher
STR: uhh...ubercharger???//more ubercharger??? idk

Zaydos
2009-10-28, 08:25 PM
How about this for a charisma based:
Succubus/Battledancer (Dragon Magazine Compendium)1/Paladin of Slaughter 2/Hexblade 3/X 2//Bard 10/Sublime Chord 10.

+16 racial charisma, Charisma to AC, to saves, to saves again versus spells, and with Snowflake Wardance to Attack and Damage.

Another option avoiding Succubus's large Racial Hit Dice and LA would be:

Bard 7/Sublime Chord 1/X 3/Sublime Chord 1/X 3/Sublime Chord 1/X 1/Sublime Chord 3//Battledancer 1/Paladin of Slaughter 2/Hexblade 3/X 1/Thrall of Malcanthecet 10 (Dragon Magazine)/X 3.

Gets +4 Cha from Thrall of Malcanthecet, + any racial for LA +0 (or possibly more), and can turn into a succubus for 1 hour/day getting +16 more Charisma. Also adds Charisma as a deflection bonus to AC as well. Requires two PrCs at once though, and using a prestige class on Sublime Chord progression might be a little cheesy but still fun. Through in another Charisma based class or just more levels of battledancer or paladin for extra fun.

Lycanthromancer
2009-10-28, 08:35 PM
Total Cha synergy: ascended elf LA +4/bard/sublime chord 1/virtuoso//wilder 10/anarchic initiate 10. Assuming double-PrCing is allowed. :smallsmile:

Cast as a sorcerer 20, plus full bardcasting (-4, take Practiced Spellcaster), and double-plus full manifesting. Gotta jump through some hoops to get all the requisite skills, but it's doable.

[edit] Alternately, take sorcerer and PrCs instead of wilder and anarchic initiate; cast as sorcerer x2? Yes please!

Zovc
2009-10-28, 09:21 PM
I think I'll have a build up tonight, may or may not be impressive.

For the record, I'm going to take a level in two prestige classes at the same time, so feel free to be "cheap" and do the same thing yourself.

Zovc
2009-10-28, 09:50 PM
Alright, I'm failing at this building business.

The build was Duskblade//Beguiler with a level of Sand Shaper to improve classes' spell lists, then Abjurant Champion for better action economy ("free" swift abjurations) and more ready usage of the many spell slots you should have. I feel like that build could cover Brawler, Skillmonkey, and probably serve as a party's spellcaster, especially if you allowed Eclectic Learning instead of Advanced Learning on the Beguiler levels.

Any neat dips this build could use?

dspeyer
2009-10-29, 12:14 AM
For charisma that isn't spellcasting-based, how about:

Bard 1 / Paladin of Freedom 5 / Crusader 14 // Marshal 8 / Bard 2 / Virtuoso 10

Now take leadership and turn a mob of commoners into a killing machine.

The paladin and marshal auras, bard and virtuoso songs, and white raven maneuvers all effect all allies in range. Add them all together, and they become formidable.

There's also 6+int skills at most levels and most of the cha-based skills are class.

Hmm, my not-spellcasting-based build has 4th level spells. I wonder if they can be exchanged for something more linked to the theme

sofawall
2009-10-29, 12:19 AM
Cha: Nymph, Walker in the Waste, Paladin to taste. Maybe toss some bard in. Can monks get a feat to use Cha for AC?

Cha is the easiest, honestly. Cha to HP, Saves*2, AC(*2?), attack.

ShneekeyTheLost
2009-10-29, 12:22 AM
Cha: Nymph, Walker in the Waste, Paladin to taste. Maybe toss some bard in. Can monks get a feat to use Cha for AC?

Toss in Sorcerer and Ascetic Mage for Charisma to AC... as well as being a primary caster stat.

Also, Walker in the Waste is a decidedly Evil class, wheras Paladin is Lawful Stupid.

So how about Nymph Monk2/Paladin//Sorcerer/somePrC

sofawall
2009-10-29, 12:23 AM
Toss in Sorcerer and Ascetic Mage for Charisma to AC... as well as being a primary caster stat.

Also, Walker in the Waste is a decidedly Evil class, wheras Paladin is Lawful Stupid.

So how about Nymph Monk2/Paladin//Sorcerer/somePrC

Paladin of nasty then. Blackguard, I don't care. Just make sure you do Blackguard before you start Walker in the Waste, so you don't have two PrCs.

infinitypanda
2009-10-29, 12:43 AM
You don't even need Blackguard if you do a Paladin of Tyranny.

Grumman
2009-10-29, 12:47 AM

Would that be the prettiest lich ever, or the ugliest nymph ever?

Should Blinding Beauty be renamed to The Goggles Do Nothing?

sofawall
2009-10-29, 12:58 AM
Disguise Self ftw.

sonofzeal
2009-10-29, 01:31 AM
Str: Barbarian // Psychic Warrior (if you can homebrew a feat for manifesting while raged)
Dex: Warlock // Scout
Con: Binder // Dragonfire Adept
Int: Psion // Warblade
Wis: Wildshape Ranger // Monk
Cha: Dread Necromancer // DFI-Bard

Eldariel
2009-10-29, 04:27 AM
Paladin of nasty then. Blackguard, I don't care. Just make sure you do Blackguard before you start Walker in the Waste, so you don't have two PrCs.

Also Arcane Duelist for little more. Of course, this probably ends up best if you cram all this stat buffing on one side and Sorcerer on the other.

Hadrian_Emrys
2009-10-29, 04:32 AM
Would that be the prettiest lich ever, or the ugliest nymph ever?

Should Blinding Beauty be renamed to The Goggles Do Nothing?

HAHAHAHA!!1! Yeah, this needs to be rolled and made into a villain.

Kaiyanwang
2009-10-29, 05:41 AM
You don't even need Blackguard if you do a Paladin of Tyranny.

Mayb you find some combo with sneak attack, and 2 companions (that make easier flank).

Anyway, After battle blessing, I'd say you are, generally speaking, right.