PDA

View Full Version : Coure Eldarin + PA = wraithstrike as a race.

Starbuck_II
2009-10-28, 06:08 PM
How would one optimize a Pwer Attacking Coure?
When they go "Navi" on someone they are incorporeal so their melee/ranged attacks ignore armor, shield, and natural armor. Meaning despite Racial -4 Str, they are awesome at Power attack (since you pretty much hit no matter amount invested). Deflection blocks it as well as Mage armor/shield, but that only adds a few points.

They can stay incorporeal indefinately. In fact, other than eating/drinking...I'm not sure why they wouldn't go "Ball of light" mode.

They can still affect the world so they can attack/cast spells (they aren't ethereal).
They have 2 outsider HD and 5 LA is issue (although as Outsiders they could become a Dwarven Ancestor outsider with alter self).

Maybe Lion Totem Barbarian for pounce?

Godskook
2009-10-28, 06:15 PM
Power Attack
Requires: Str 13

That seems like at least a mild problem, although, I believe monks can get it as a variant class feat(with the same 'no pre-req necessary').

Starbuck_II
2009-10-28, 06:18 PM
Power Attack

That seems like at least a mild problem, although, I believe monks can get it as a variant class feat(with the same 'no pre-req necessary').

Just use most points into Str 17 points in ploint buy is what 15 points.
You get a Dex +14, Con +2, Cha +4. You can afford some into Str.

Myrmex
2009-10-28, 06:36 PM
Just use most points into Str 17 points in ploint buy is what 15 points.
You get a Dex +14, Con +2, Cha +4. You can afford some into Str.

Don't incorporeal creatures have "–" for strength?

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-10-28, 06:38 PM
Don't incorporeal creatures have "–" for strength?Then the Monk dip is required. The real problem I see is the LA.

Starbuck_II
2009-10-28, 06:45 PM
Don't incorporeal creatures have "–" for strength?

Nope, not for Coure. They get to use weapons anyway (normally incorporeals can't use weapons while incorporeal).
Specific beats general.

tyckspoon
2009-10-28, 06:46 PM
Then the Monk dip is required. The real problem I see is the LA.

You're gonna want that Monk dip anyway. An 'incorporeal ball of light' has rather significant problems wielding or wearing much of anything. The only real practical weapon for that shape is Unarmed Strike (ie, hurling yourself at your opponents and hoping your intangible body does some damage.)

Fizban
2009-10-28, 06:49 PM
Huh? The description says "a ball of light," I was under the impression that the only thing they could do while incorporeal was fire light rays. Even an unarmed strike wouldn't do anything because it's incorporeal.

Starbuck_II
2009-10-28, 07:06 PM
Huh? The description says "a ball of light," I was under the impression that the only thing they could do while incorporeal was fire light rays. Even an unarmed strike wouldn't do anything because it's incorporeal.

Except it also says:
While incorporeal, its attacks ignore armor, shield, and natural armor bonuses.

So it can attack with weapons.

taltamir
2009-10-28, 07:19 PM
Power Attack

wear a belt of strength +6. As odd as it seems, it is allowed to get a feat prereq satisfied in such a manner. the feat will just not work while your strength is lower than 13.