PDA

View Full Version : Classes 3.5

Shadwen
2009-10-28, 07:41 PM
I need to fix the classes for a newbie game using the core books, + phb2 +ebberon. I need to make them all equal. How do i go about doing this? what should i buff up and how? and what should i lower and how?

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-10-28, 07:47 PM
Don't use core. Seriously. Snag the Rogue and Barb, then the XPH and ToB. Spirit Shaman and Favored Soul, too. That should be appx balanced, but balancing core...not possible.

TheWerdna
2009-10-28, 08:04 PM
While this will not realy balance the classes much here are a few things to help.

Give monks of full BAB

Give Fighters the substitutions from the PHB2 without loseing any feats

Rangers pets is ranger level -3 instead of 1/2

Give Druids pets same as Ranger (geting pet at level 4)

For feats

Make TWF, ITWF, and GTWF one feat and let them atk with both weapons in a standard action.

Combat Expersise gets 1 and 1/2 bonus to AC if the charecter has a sheild.

All i can think off of the top of my head, might add more later

BRC
2009-10-28, 08:11 PM
Most of the classes are even enough that you can still have fun with them as is.

Yes Yes, I know, Linear Fighters quadratic wizards blah blah blah, but my group played Core and had plenty of fun. Only a few of us flirted with being optimizers (Much less powergamers) though.

infinitypanda
2009-10-28, 08:16 PM
I need to fix the classes for a newbie game using the core books, + phb2 +ebberon. I need to make them all equal. How do i go about doing this? what should i buff up and how? and what should i lower and how?

They're newbies. It should be pretty fine as is. A lot of the broken strong stuff is fairly hard to stumble upon, and the broken weak stuff (with a few GLARING exceptions) is mostly in build and tactics rather than class.

That said, TheWerdna's advice is pretty good, so I'd take it.

nightwyrm
2009-10-28, 08:17 PM
If your players are all newbies and play like newbies then your game should be fine for the first 7-8 levels or so unless one of them blunders into something overpowered by accident.

Although since you're using the phb2, you might want to make the phb2 druid variant the standard instead of the phb.

Lycanthromancer
2009-10-28, 08:18 PM
Pick a set of two adjacent tiers from JaronK's class tiers (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=5293.0) list, and only allow classes from those two tiers. For example, tiers 2 and 3, or 3 and 4.

Voila. Balance.