PDA

View Full Version : Eberron Canteville

Roethke
2009-10-28, 08:52 PM
Later that evening a gray drizzle is falling. Much of the garrison is spending their off-duty time in the broken Chapel of the Silver Flame. Carlene and some others tend their weapons and armor, Sir Harlan himself is sleeping, having hared off last night after rumors of the Brothers, and a few are carefully arguing in a corner with Quartermaster Fallon about what's going into the night's stew.

The Chapel of the Silver Flame was once a beautiful building, now half-burned in Count Deimos' attack. It was made of wood staves, the most plentiful material around here, and the main chamber was circular, about fifty feet in diameter. A ten foot square dais held the center, with pews, now in disarray all around. Sir Harlan has claimed the dais for himself and the officers, the men make their beds amidst the scattered pews. The ceiling rose to several peaks two to three stories high with skylights to let in the sun. From the outside it did vaguely resemble a lit torch, ironically enough. Several small alcoves adjoined the main chamber, and it these and the glass that sustained the most severe damage. A few on the east side had been turned into makeshift stables. Another alcove contains stairs down to the cellar and cells where the prisoners were kept. This reminds the current occupants of the less beautiful aspects of the Silver Flame. Father Zephyr and his acolytes reside there now. Surrounding all this was a courtyard with a wrought iron fence and gate. A large flame-shaped yet abstract statue graced the path from the town towards the church.

The churchyard gate clangs open, and Sir Harlan gives a start and begins to rouse himself. The two guards by the door and shattered window also startle, but more quickly reach for their crossbows and peer into the gloom. Everyone's a bit on edge, with the way most of the townsfolk feel about Greywall garrison in town. Hands start moving towards weapons.

Before anyone can draw, one of the guards calls out, "At ease, just one of the Greaseleys. Looks like he's got something." he lowers his weapon and opens the door while the other continues to stand ready. The torchlight reflecting off the odd angles of the flame-statue in the courtyard casts strange shadows as you can make out one large figure dragging a small one towards the chapel door
----

[OOC: Link to OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129725)]

Flying Dutchman
2009-10-28, 09:43 PM
Oskar was sitting and chatting with some of the other soldiers when he heard the old iron gates crash open. He was on his feet in an instant pulling his hammer from his belt. When he hears Harlan's announcement he walks over to investigate, How could I be at ease with a Greaseley around, those pompous nobles care more about their supper than they do for these men. The dwarf thinks to himself. He makes his way over to the door to see what the cat has drug in.

CockroachTeaParty
2009-10-29, 01:00 PM
Ash was sitting quietly in a corner of the church, checking and re-checking his equipment by torchlight. When he wasn't patrolling the premises on a self-appointed stretch of guard duty, he returned to checking his gear. The warforged never rested; he always kept himself busy, even if he appeared to be doing nothing: counting grass blades or bricks in a wall, it made no difference, as long as it occupied his mind.
He uncurled his self-scribed scrolls with surprising care, despite his clunky, three-fingered hands. Mage Armor, Grease, Color Spray, Detect Magic, Remove Fear, Protection from Evil... Ash wondered if he would ever need to actually use them. He rolled up the scrolls and placed them in his case again. He then examined his large steel shield, which he had forged himself. It had no insignia or decoration: it was a simple, slightly concave disc of metal with a solid grip and arm brace. It hadn't seen much use; a few scuffs and scratches from training exercises marred its surface, but it had seen no real violence.
Ash himself had never seen real violence, not in earnest. He was built for war, and yet the war had been over before he ever left the training facilities. The current situation was a smaller kind of war, one that did not require legions of his tireless brethren. It seemed the humans and dwarves and other creatures were capable of handling border disputes. After the Last War, Ash had felt unneeded, obsolete; now, he felt like he was somehow too advanced. He was like unto a living siege engine, but what use did a minor border dispute have for a tireless, battle-ready construct? Sir Harlan was outwardly glad to have him along, but after a while, he stopped giving Ash orders; the swords could only be sharpened so many times, and the locals didn't appreciate a warforged constantly making the rounds near their homes.
Perhaps it was a side-effect of operating in Aundair: the Aundairians preferred to use magic to take care of their problems, not rely on magically animated constructs in battle. Aundair did purchase a few warforged during the Last War, but they were few in number compared to Cyre, Breland, and Karrnath's construct platoons. His fellow soldiers rarely spoke to him, but in a way Ash preferred it that way. He had nothing to say, and preferred focusing on the task at hand, whether it was an order or a job of his own invention.
The warforged does not even look up at the noise near the entrance. He merely unfurls his thieves' tools, examining the contents of the small leather bundle: saw, lock picks, hammer, chisel, wedge, spikes, needles, nails, string, clippers, pliers...

Sallera
2009-10-30, 01:51 PM
Erresh twitches awake at the clang, his elbow catching the spear where it had been leaning against the wall next to him. Just barely managing to catch it before it hit the ground, he glances around, finally noticing the object of everyone's attention. Leaning the weapon back against the wall at the guard's call, he wanders over to take a look at the newcomer. What do we get now, hmm? More complaints, like as not, with the way things have been going. But hey, something to do would be nice.

King Tius
2009-10-30, 07:48 PM
Beezul

Thanks to the blissful darkness, Beezul does not wear his heavy cloak and enjoys the advantages of being an underground creature. Still not completely adapted to the diurnal cycle of his companions, Beezul was wide awake when the gate clanged open. He did not seem overly concerned by the noise and does not reach for a weapon. That doesn't come as a surprise to anyone, though, as Beezul fights with the baleful magic within him. He hops to his feet and scampers over to see what all the commotion is about.

CockroachTeaParty
2009-10-31, 12:50 AM
Ash looks up from his organizational busy-work. The scampering of scaly feet catches his attention. He had never seen a kobold during the War. Truth be told, he rarely saw anything other than humans and dwarves before coming to Aundair. The presence of the goblinoids and kobolds in the platoon was curious to him. They did not seem to be Denieth mercenaries, but he could be mistaken. At least they were more active at night. Sometimes Ash thought he was the only living thing in the world on his many lonely, silent nights.
The warforged returns to examining his belongings. Next, his artisan's tools... hammer, tongs, brush, apron, gloves...

Roethke
2009-10-31, 08:57 AM
Into the light of the chapel strides a thin, tall man with straggly shoulder length hair tamped down by the damp. He is struggling with a sack that has two small feet protruding from it. He takes no care to be sure the sack doesn't bang against the doorframe, and the small flailing feet ease their struggles.

You recognize him as Carter Greasely, cousin of Baron (to-be) Helmut. He's a minor celebrity about town, as a star in the ballads "The gnome is taller on his back" and "The magic mushrooms of the forest" when he was besotted by a barmaid, but one of the Obedon's bested him for her attentions. This hate for that family is evident in his eyes as he unceremoniously dumps the contents of the sack on the floor and announces,

A red-haired gnome, in worn clothes, bound, and otherwise looking much the worse for wear tumbles out and falls to his feet.

"Begging your pardons, milords, but I caught this runt skulking around the chapel. Think he was trying to pinch the chruchfolk"

-----------
[OOC: more coming but feel free to chime in]

King Tius
2009-10-31, 09:40 AM
Beezul

Beezul barks several short, yippy barks (like a small dog) and growls at the sight of the gnome, his hands lighting up with eldritch magic. After a moment he remembers his company and seems embarrassed by his knee-jerk reaction. He glares at the gnome and continues to let out a very low growl, saying nothing.

Flying Dutchman
2009-10-31, 11:42 AM
Oskar grimaces when he sees the Gnome dumped out on the floor. He hates seeing people hurt especially before he knows what the gnome did. He thinks about going and healing the gnome, but doesn't want to upset carter. He decides to see how the situation plays out.

Roethke
2009-10-31, 12:15 PM
Carlene, looking up from her work, asks pointedly "Where's our patrol, then?"

Carter returns her gaze,"Saw 'em nodding off by the graveyard. Them as got to be careful who they take free drinks from, might as well be adder's venom as sweetsleep, next time as I figure,

Anyhows, I was coming over to ask about the Baron and us Greaseleys finally moving into the manor, when I saw this fella sneaking around, so I grabbed him. Them Obedon's always up to no good.
" He preens a bit, expecting a response.

Sir Harlan, finally rousing himself, and standing up nods to Carter Greasely
We'll see about the manor house tomorrow, and my patrol tonight. Good work man." and tosses him two silver from a purse by his bedroll. The tall man catches the coins, examines his hands, looks like he's going to say something more, then thinks the better of it. Carter turns and walks out the door back into the gloom.

Glancing down at his silk pajamas, Harlan addresses the gnome as the small man recovers from being dropped, "Now what is it going to take to get some truth out of you, huh? How about a name, to start with? Craig, tend to him."

The gnome cowers as the quartermaster towers over him. The quartermaster lets out a growl as a change comes over his face, and his teeth lengthen into fangs, In a high, small voice, he says "Please, please don't feed me to your werewolf. I'm Carrowill Obedon, I didn't mean any harm, please?"

Harlan continues, "Perhaps not yet, if you're honest" then glances around, "Any of you men have a question for our little friend Carrowill? I think he's promised to be good"

Flying Dutchman
2009-10-31, 02:13 PM
If you answer our questions I will tend to your wounds. Oskar walks up to the shifter and places a hand on his back. Other wise I'll let my friend here do what he pleases.

Now what were you up to when you were captured?

King Tius
2009-10-31, 03:00 PM
Beezul

The little kobold stands right next to the quartermaster. "The werewolf isn't your only concern, you pesky little badger-kissing, beardless Dwarf runt. Give me one good reason why I shouldn't eat you for dinner."

Despite his high-pitched voice, the Kobold strikes an intimidating pose, eliminating any doubt that the Kobold/Gnome hatred is just a myth.

Roethke
2009-11-01, 10:46 AM
[OOC: Sense Motive checks, everyone, when you get a chance to get a read on the rest of his speech. ]

King Tius
2009-11-01, 11:34 AM
Sense Motive: [roll0]

Flying Dutchman
2009-11-01, 11:38 AM
Oskar
Sense Motive: 1d20+3

Flying Dutchman
2009-11-01, 11:40 AM
Roll Fail--- [roll0]

Roethke
2009-11-01, 12:49 PM
Carrowill looks over toward the dwarf, a shimmer of hope crossing his eyes at the kind words, then returns the kobolds hateful gaze for a mere second before remembering his predicament and turning his head away.
They made me do it. The men came in out of the woods to my pa's farm, kicked the animals out of the barn and set up shop. Said the woods weren't safe since Harlan he pauses glances at Sir Harlan, gulps, and continues I mean Sir Harlan let his werewolves run loose in the woods, so they needed us townfolk to help them. We didn't want any trouble, I swear, and who are the Obedon's to argue with armed men?

They'd been there a couple of nights, and my ma brought them food. Then told her they needed to know how many foreigners were in the church. My ma would sometimes send me into town on errands, so off I went, till that brute of a Greaseley caught me...

--
[OOC:
Oskar, you are inclined to believe him, and it is a sad tale he tells.
Beezul, you are predisposed to doubt him, but even you can see the fear in his eyes when he spoke of the werewolves in the woods. As for the rest, you think he may be leaving something out]

CockroachTeaParty
2009-11-01, 08:52 PM
At the sounds of the gnome's panicked voice, the warforged Ash finally stirs. He looks towards the gathering, and stands, drawing silently closer. The construct's glowing eyes gleam eerily from the darkness. He sensed that new orders were about to be given, and he wanted to be present in case he was needed. The gnome's actual plight meant little to him: he was a civilian, a non-combatant. Ash still had trouble categorizing and understanding civilians; they were largely to be ignored, according to his original training. Still, any information revealed now was something he did not need to be briefed on later, the sooner he might go about his duties.

Flying Dutchman
2009-11-02, 08:51 AM
The dwarf looks more and more heart broken as the gnome recounts his sad tale. When he finshes the dwarf turns his head to hide a soft sniffle. You've had a rough go of it, but you shouldn't have been sneakin' around after dark. Though this is a good a way to learn the lesson as any. Things coulda gotten ugly for ya. Oskar kneels down next to the gnome. May Moradin's hand guide you

Cast: Cure Minor Wounds

King Tius
2009-11-02, 10:19 PM
Beezul

The little Kobold seems frustrated by the Gnome's story. "The little dirt muncher is probably lying, but if the bandits are in his house I suppose we have to check it out. Let's go."

Roethke
2009-11-03, 01:04 PM
Carrowill eyes Oskar suspiciously as relief floods his face. "Praise Moradin" he softly echoes.

Sir Harlan pipes up, "Well that tears it, here's our chance.

Master Obedon, you'll get an opportunity to redeem yourself in the eyes of your new Baron Greasely. Best pray you do a better job ingratiating yourself to him than you did to the Brothers.

Carlene, strap our guest to my stallion and then help me with my armor. The Mockery take it, I wish we had more than half a dozen mounts.

Fallan, you're in charge here. Keep an eye on the prisoners, and maybe do something about those thrice-damned mercenary sots we had on patrol tonight. The still fanged Quartermaster growls in response.

"Beezul, Ash, Oskar, Erresh, you're with me and Carlene. Get the banner, but keep it furled. We'll douse that 'Flame Eternal' tonight. Now go!"

The rest of the camp springs into action, readying horses, grabbing weapons, and looking out of windows nervously. The patter of the gray drizzle is drowned out by the clang and clatter of arms.

---
[OOC: In addition to Carlene and Sir Harlan's warhorses there are four raggedy draft mounts that the rest of the Harriers share amongst themselves. The smallest is a bit larger than a pony, none would be particularly good in a fight or even as a courier, but they are good enough to move about town.

The Obedon farm is a couple hours' ride if you push the horses. You've got a chance to grab what gear you can throw in a pack or have at hand (unless you choose not to go, of course).

Finally, I added a link to the OOC thread to the first post here, if the oOC thread gets buried]

Sallera
2009-11-03, 01:23 PM
Erresh

Tossing what little gear he has into a pack, Erresh retrieves his spear from the wall. "How nice of them to deliver us a source of information. Here's hoping that wasn't intentional..."

Flying Dutchman
2009-11-03, 01:55 PM
Oskar

Opon hearing the order Oskar thumps a closed fist to his chest in salute. He throws on his armour, takes his latern out of his pack, so he doesn't have to worry about it breaking, and slids the pack up onto his back. It is what it is. Even if it is a trap we still have to go'n see. Plus 'bought time somethin interesting happens, Don't wanna be goin soft.

King Tius
2009-11-03, 03:08 PM
Beezul

The warlock grabs his tiny pack and walks towards the horses. Given his small size he doesn't need a mount of his own and waits to see who he'll be sharing a horse with.

CockroachTeaParty
2009-11-03, 05:05 PM
Ash also gives a crisp salute.
"Sir!"
He grabs his pack, already perfectly organized, then he assists Sir Harlan and Oskar with their armor, holding the more cumbersome pieces and making sure the buckles and distributions are solid and tight. He then heads to the horses. The warforged always thought riding another living creature was rather odd, especially one that tired more easily than he did. Speed was of the essence, though. As he mounts, he looks down at Beezul, extending a hand larger than the kobold's skull.
"The horse can support both our weight."

Flying Dutchman
2009-11-03, 05:28 PM
Oskar

Thank you ashe Oskar breathlessly puffs out after he gets his scale shirt on. Outside he selects a pony of appropraite size, as he prepares himself for the ride. Keep your heads up and your eyes open, we are in unfriendly territory! He calls to the rest of the crew.

King Tius
2009-11-03, 05:34 PM
Beezul

The little kobold wordlessly looks up at the metal warrior on the horse. He nods and extends his tiny hand, letting the hulking construct heft him effortlessly onto his horse.

Roethke
2009-11-04, 01:20 PM
The town speeds past you as you trot off into the night. Occasionally, a door slams open and a head pokes out of a house as you ride by.

"We best be riding faster than rumor," Carlene says to no one in particular, and spurs her mount, setting the pace.

After several hours of bouncing on horseback, Sir Harlan reins up as you approach the Obedon farm. The quarter-moon gives little enough light. A faint curl of smoke from a banked fire can be seen rising over the dark shape of the main house and orchard. The wheat in these fields has yet to be harvested and stands about 7 feet tall, swaying slightly in the night breeze. The roofs of two outbuildings can be seen over tops of the grain.

Carlene rides up to Sir Harlan's mount and ungags the gnome, who has definitely had the worse of the night's ride, and places a dagger at his throat. Sir Harlan snarls at him, Now about that redemption I mentioned earlier. Which building holds the Brothers?"

Carrowill whimpers as he feels the steel touch his neck, "It's the eastern one, the east... But please don't be rash-- they have my sisters in there."

"Mockery, why is nothing simple. Any ideas?"

Obedon Farm Map (http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/zYLexmFvuE_WjCeascvzYQ?authkey=Gv1sRgCJWCk-2ozY_Naw&feat=directlink)
-----
[OOC: The above map is roughly to scale at 20' per square with one exception. The barns are set back about 1500' from the road, not 600'. Just didn't want to draw all those fields in between to scale. Assume more planted fields between the road and the barns. PM me or use the OOC thread for any questions. I'm kind of new with this map tool, so something may not have come through clearly.]

Flying Dutchman
2009-11-04, 01:58 PM
Upon hearing that the girls are still inside Oskar unleashes a string a curses that would do any dwarf pround. knew I should have asked Moradin for Sanctuary this morning, I came ready for a fight and now we have blasted a hostage situation.

Moradian brings his horse around in order to talk to the rest of the soldiers. Bringin' down multiple people who are barricared in a building without givin' them a chnce to hurt them girls' is gonna be damned near impossible. Prolly be best to try and lure them out somehow. What we need is a distraction of some type. Though I'll be leavin that to you lot, us dwarves aren't exactly the sneakin around type.

CockroachTeaParty
2009-11-04, 02:04 PM
Ash dismounts, not having said a word the entire ride, and acting as a hard, uncomfortable surface for the kobold to occasionally bump into. He opens his scroll case and removes a sheet of parchment, etched with nonsensical designs. He then begins to babble incoherently in a low, hollow voice.
Casting Mage Armor, which will increase Ash's AC by 2 for the next hour. DC 21 Use Magic Device Check
[roll0]

The parchment glows softly for an instant before crumbling to a fine dust. The warforged can feel an invisible barrier of force enhancing his defenses. Without pausing, the construct removes another scroll of parchment from his case. He then turns to Sir Harlan and salutes.
"Sir! The spell contained within this scroll can incapacitate a group of individuals without permanent injury. I volunteer to help resolve the hostage situation."

King Tius
2009-11-04, 02:27 PM
Beezul

The little Kobold hops off the horse and stretches, emitting a low growl as he does so (he growls a lot).

"Let me sneak up and scout out the situation first. I can call the darkness to enshroud me and see where they are holding the hostages."

CockroachTeaParty
2009-11-04, 02:45 PM
Ash looks down at the kobold, his eyes glowing ominously in the gloom.
"Use caution. Keep scarce. I need to know if there are any enemy spellcasters. If you need to enhance your stealth capabilities, I can provide assistance."

Flying Dutchman
2009-11-04, 05:22 PM
If there'll be spell casters afoot i can offer ye a bit of protection. Oskar approches the kobold as he slides his symbol of Moradin out from under his shirt. He presses the symbol up aginst the chest of Beezul. Moradin grant him your protection.

Cast: Protective Ward +1 to his next saving throw 1h duration

A faint image of the symbol remains on Beezul's chest when he removes the symbol. As a few moments pass the image fades away. That'll also help ya if ya stumble onto a trap. They may be expecting company.

Roethke
2009-11-04, 09:32 PM
Sir Harlan gives Beezul a pained expression, starts to open his mouth then looks to Carlene. She silently shakes her head. He sighs, "Well, I'm more of a mind to charge in and try to catch these buggers with their pants down, but perhaps we should at least know how many there are. Beezul..... Beezul?! Oh there you are. Yes, you seemed pretty well equipped to go find out.

Ash, how close do you have to be to use your magic thingammy? "

CockroachTeaParty
2009-11-04, 11:22 PM
Ash turns to his superior.
"Sir! Very close, sir. The spell creates a fifteen foot cone of bright lights that can incapacitate everyone caught in the blast. However, there is a chance I will be unable to activate it quickly. I will try to minimize the risk, but I estimate between a 15-45% chance I will fail my initial attempt. We must be prepared to act regardless of the success of the spell."

Sallera
2009-11-04, 11:43 PM
Erresh

"I'll be right beside you, then." Erresh grins slightly, eyes on the building. "No one ever expects me to be a difficult target."

King Tius
2009-11-05, 10:34 AM
Beezul

The gruff little kobold nods to Sir Harlan and to the dwarf. He takes off into the fields towards the barn.

Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]

Flying Dutchman
2009-11-05, 11:46 AM
Oskar

Whats the call sir? Do you want us to wait here for Beezul to get back, or move in so ashe can magic 'em. We might wanna get closer so we can help if things go south for 'im.

CockroachTeaParty
2009-11-05, 12:37 PM
As the kobold goes skittering off, Ash removes a fine black string from one of the many pouches on his bandoleer. He ties it around one of his fingers and mutters something softly. Then, he produces a tiny vial from a different pouch, filled with some manner of liquid, which he unceremoniously tosses in his mouth. The glass tinkles softly as he crunches down on it like a piece of candy. The construct can feel minor mystical energies coursing through his artificial body, making him more resistant to attack, and more adept at manipulating magical energies himself.

Using two infusions: Resistance Item, giving Ash a +1 resistance bonus on all his saves, and Skill Enhancement, bestowing a +3 competence bonus on Use Magic Device Checks. Both of these benefits will last 20 minutes.

Roethke
2009-11-05, 12:52 PM
Sir Harlan strikes a thoughtful pose, Let's follow, but give Beezul wide berth. Carlene and I will stay farthest behind with our warhorses-- we can cover a lot of ground in short order.

Beezul, we'll be a couple of minutes behind you-- run back and stop us if you've got something to report, or just hold close to the barn so we can decide how to attack.

He reaches back to his saddlebags and draws out his white falcon banner. The small sapphires inset into the eyes give small flashes in the moonlight. He tosses it to Oskar, you mind holding the Harrier tonight? Let it unfurl when we attack.

----
[OOC: The party's has approached the fields along the road from the east. (the road actually extends all the way across the map, just not drawn in). That is, you are in the bottom right corner of the map, with the farm buildings just coming into view.

Beezul, let me know roughly how you plan to approach and where you're headed (e.g. cut through the fields, or walk along the paths between the fields, go check out the main house first, circle around and come from the north). Remember that the fields are sown with tall wheat, so you can just see building roofs and treetops until you get close or find a clear line of sight.

Everyone else,
I'll assume everyone's creeping along a hundred yards or so behind Beezul, but feel free to correct that assumption.

Give me marching order, move silently/hide in shadows, spot and listen checks. The OOC thread is fine for coordination (like choosing marching order or formation. IC you guys have probably done this before)

Finally, Oskar, the banner can be stashed folded up through straps in the pack. Holding it high during combat will take 1-hand]

Sallera
2009-11-05, 01:04 PM
Erresh

The goblin hops down off the horse and slips sidelong into the fields of wheat, his longspear matching the height of the stalks as he pushes them out of the way.

Flying Dutchman
2009-11-05, 01:31 PM
I'd be honord sir. Oskar stahes the flag in his pack for the time being. He slides off his horse to follow Ash and Erresh into the field.

Move Silently[roll1]

spot [roll2]
listen[roll3]

CockroachTeaParty
2009-11-05, 02:30 PM
Ash straps on his shield and follows the others closely, his scroll of Color Spray gripped tightly in his free hand.

Move Silently: [roll1]

Listen: [roll2]
Spot: [roll3]

Roethke
2009-11-05, 04:54 PM
[OOC: Ah, didn't read Beezul's post carefully enough. He's taken off into the fields, everyone else is waiting until Beezul has gotten a decent head start over the folks in clanky armor/plating. Post coming a bit later this evening]

Roethke
2009-11-05, 08:10 PM
Beezul
The wheat stalks enfold you as you make your way over furrows and push through the fields. Your world contracts to the black and white of moonlight on waving wheat for about fifteen or so feet around you. You note that the earth here is rich, soft, and properly fertilized.

After traversing most of the first field you hear what sounds like a wolf or dog howl come from near barn which is then echoed by the baying of several dogs from deeper in the fields or towards the house (or to the west at any rate). The howl is silenced quickly, but the barking seems to be getting nearer.

Party
You all watch as Beezul disappears into the fields. He'd be all but invisible were it not for the tops of grain waving against the wind where he moves. You are about to set off into the fields when you hear the dogs bark.

----
[OOC: Beezul - I made your spot & listen checks for you on invisible castle. You got a 21 and a 20, respectively. Let me know if you don't like my rolling for you (I'd plan to do so for skill checks, not attacks unless there's a big delay) ]

CockroachTeaParty
2009-11-05, 09:33 PM
"Olfactory early warning system. There was no way we could have avoided that. We must hasten."
Ash picks up the pace. The dogs had no doubt alerted the enemy to their approach, and the hostages' lives could be in jeopardy.

Flying Dutchman
2009-11-05, 09:41 PM
Oskar

Upon hearing the barks of the hounds Oskar slips his hammer from his belt and looks around for danger.

What general direction are how farish are the barks coming from?
listen: [roll0]

King Tius
2009-11-06, 12:33 AM
Beezul

Not wanting to be eaten alive, Beezul backtracks to the party. "I'm not facing a pack of dogs alone in all this corn. Once we get closer to the barn I'll sneak ahead and take a peak."

Roethke
2009-11-06, 06:45 AM
[OOC: The dogs barks are pretty faint, maybe a couple hundred yards to the West. The initial howl was a similar distance to the north.]

Flying Dutchman
2009-11-06, 09:37 AM
Oskar

Oi Their on ta us, Looks like we wont get by tonight without a scuffle after all. Oskar hurrys after Ash toward the barn where the hostages are being kept.

King Tius
2009-11-06, 10:45 AM
OOC: It's cool. Beezul isn't the bravest of Kobolds

Roethke
2009-11-06, 06:31 PM
The barking grows louder then quiets as you hurry through the fields towards the barn. The field you are in thins out and you see the path between the fields emerge from amidst the stalks.

From the other side of the path, Erresh hears a sharp rustling as the barking begins again, in earnest. A quartet of mutts emerges from the grain on the other side of the path, snarling. The noise makes them seem larger than they are, but gives a good idea of their ferocity.

One of the dogs closes the distance and springs at Erresh faster than the wheat can part. It leaps, and catches the goblin in the back of his calf with its jaws.

Another looks ready to fling itself at Ash.

---
[OOC:
Surprise Round
Erresh and two of the dogs are not surprised, thus can act.
Encounter distance = 20' from party frontline (Party's on one side of the path, dogs on the other)
Overview Map (http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/58YH2vckX0OpoltoumdK0g?authkey=Gv1sRgCJWCk-2ozY_Naw&feat=directlink)

Initiative-

Ash - 21
Beezul - 17
Erresh* - 9
Oskar - 7

*Can act in Surprise round

Combat Results

Erresh, you take 3 points of damage from the dog's teeth

Erresh, it's your turn next.

]

Sallera
2009-11-06, 06:44 PM
Erresh

Hissing at the dog, Erresh shakes it off, stepping back out of reach and stabbing the spear forward.

5ft step back.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Roethke
2009-11-06, 08:05 PM
Surprise Round
Seeing its fellow draw blood, another dog attempts a similar maneuver on Ash, and whimpers in dismay as teeth close on plating

Round 1
Ash has just emerged onto the path from the grain as the party makews its way towards the Barn. Erresh is a few steps behind, longspear ready. There are two dogs in among them and two more roughly 20' away, emerging from the other side of the path at a run. Beezul and Oskar are still among the wheat, about 10 or 15 feet behind Ash.

[OOC:
Ash, your turn next, then Beezul before the dogs act. Everyone else feel free to post intended actions- we'll resolve in initiative order and edit as necessary.
]

---

King Tius
2009-11-06, 10:57 PM
Beezul backpedals his move action to get as far away from the dogs as possible. He then fires an Eldritch Blast at one of them.

Sallera
2009-11-06, 11:23 PM
Erresh

Keeping his distance, Erresh strikes out again, attempting to encourage the dogs to retreat.

5ft step away either before or after the attack as necessary.

If any of the dogs provoke an AoO:
Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

CockroachTeaParty
2009-11-07, 12:59 AM
Ash

Without a word, or even stopping to notice the scuffs left behind by the dog's teeth, Ash brings his solid fist down upon the dog. There is no hesitation, no mercy: just a solid mass of stone, wood, and metal swiftly streaking towards the dog's skull.

Ash will attack the dog that bit him, and failing that, will close with the next nearest dog and attempt to end its life.

Roethke
2009-11-07, 09:26 AM
Round 1

Bending with the blow, Ash brings his fist down where the dog's head was just a moment before but the warforged strikes earth, sending clods up around him.

Beezul backpedals into the wheat field, barely keeping sight of the combat through the stalks. He calls on his arcane fire to strike down one of the dogs still surprised on coming upon the party. Just as he's bringing his claws to bear, though, a faint gust rustles the wheat and he loses sight of the canine. The blast streaks through wheat field finally dissipating to the west.

The mutts come rushing across the path to join the pack and fall upon Ash and Erresh, yipping and snapping teeth.

The dog dodges Erresh's snaking longspear as it approaches, jumping to the side to avoid it, rolling head over heels on landing next to Erresh. It shakes its head, looks around just as Erresh's second strike ends its life with a whimper.

At the same time, Ash's new attacker has more luck than the first. This dog snaps at Ash's other leg, teeth catching in a sprocket it manages to work free.

Upon hearing the death-cry of one of their number, two of the remaining dogs turn tail and look like they are about to flee. The stubborn dog that just bit Ash looks like he likes the taste.

----
OOC:

Beezul hit the flatfooted dog, but 20% miss chance through all the wheat --> 1d100 roll = 7

Ash you were hit for 3 points of damage.

Erresh you do not get another AoO this round if the dogs flee.
Ash, you will.

Oskar's up.

---
Beezul, do you have a short description of what the eldritch blast is/ what it looks like? I don't really know how to describe it. Thanks.

Flying Dutchman
2009-11-07, 09:29 AM
Oskar finally makes his way out of the thick wheat and into the clearing to help his comrades. He draws the flag out of his pack as he runs and lets it unfurl in the light breeze. With his other hand he brings down his hammer, the symbol of dwarven strengh, on the dog attacking his metallic companion..

OOC: This attack is asuming you let me draw the flag on the move like a weapon, other wise I'll just take my standard to get it out, and move in to melee range.

attack: [roll0]
dmg: [roll1]
crit confirm if needed:[roll2]
crit dmg if needed: [roll3]

Roethke
2009-11-07, 10:49 AM
The banner unrolls into the gentle wind. The blue field may as well be black in this dark, but the white falcon mutely reflects the moonlight, sapphire eyes glinting here and there. The banner bobs in time with Oskar's hammer as the dog's life bleeds into the soft earth. The remaining dogs flee.

From behind you hear the clang of metal and hoofbeats. Cries of "GREYWALL! THE HARRIERS!" can be heard over the tops of the waving wheat. Like an apparition, Sir Harlan, armor-clad helmet to greaves charges through the fields trampling the grain with abandon. Beezul barely avoids being ridden down, diving out of the way. Harlan's pushing so hard the horse almost leaps the path in a single stride. Carlene, keeping up only due to the path Harlan has beaten down, passes by a second behind her master. The look on her face is one of fear mixed with consternation. Fainter, you can make out the words "HARLAN, wait! NOT YET! It's too far..." as she gallops after him through the field.

The gust from their passage snaps the banner straight, as if to attention, sagging limply once they have passed by.

------
OOC:

Ash, you can take an AoO on the fleeing dog, should you wish.

Flying Dutchman
2009-11-07, 11:55 AM
Oskar stares in amazement as harlen thunders past, nearly overtop of Beezul. He runs over to the kobold. Are you injured? Moradin's beard that manling is an idiot, Musta been dropped on his noggin one to many times as a lad. Common We'd better hurry after them to see what Mayham he's causing now.

CockroachTeaParty
2009-11-07, 02:07 PM
Ash ignores the dog as it flees, registering the pain of his injury. He could still move, that was all that mattered. He hefts his shield again, gripping the scroll tighter. He looks to his companions, his face betraying no emotion.
"Advance!"

Sallera
2009-11-07, 02:13 PM
Erresh

"Aye, as you say." Erresh looks down the impromptu path after the knights and shrugs. "Looks like we're done with stealth. Are you sure it was banner time already?" Sighing, Erresh drives his spear into the dirt to get rid of the worst of the blood, then yanks it out and starts running after the others.

Roethke
2009-11-08, 01:28 PM
Try as you might, you can't keep up with Sir Harlan and Carlene on horseback. The saving grace is that their trampling has created a path that is both easier traverse and allows you to see them. Within seconds of their passing, four blue globes of light appear and spin above Sir Harlan.

Within half a minute Harlan and Carlene have leapt into the field less than 100 feet from the barn.

Oskar can barely make out a small hand rise from the back of Sir Harlan's horse gripping a tiny object glinting blue from the globe's light. The object is slammed down into the destrier's flank, and Sir Harlan's horse rears, throwing him, as well as his small assailant. The twang of bowshot from the barn's loft can be heard over the horse's cries, and Carlene's mount whinnies in pain, but she manages to keep her seat. She reins up, and moves to where Harlan lies groaning.

As you approach the barn, two flaming arrows fly from the loft and land to the south and east, amidst the grain at the edge of the field. There's a faint whoosh as the fire begins to spread linearly around the field, faster than you think it should. Seconds later a third flaming arrow lands to the west, but it smolders, not igniting much more than the immediate area where it fell.

Just as you near the edge of the final field before the chaos and the barn, the barn door slams open, shuddering on its hinges. A twelve-foot tall human-shaped figure emerges, waving a similarly-sized quarterstaff menacingly before him. He's soon accompanied by a human-sized form and a howling wolf.

Above the flames, a deep voice from the huge form cries out, "Harlan is ours, flee while you can. You can have him back when you call off your demons from the woods, and have made restitution for the suffering you have caused.

We've made you a 'gift' of the mess you've made. Perhaps you can clean it up better than the we simple folk. Or the Silver Flame that you've tried so hard douse may have something to say on the matter. Retrieve your gift from the barn on the morrow."
Map- 5' Squares (http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/tnTLGIsWVghff7fsamvx9w?authkey=Gv1sRgCJWCk-2ozY_Naw&feat=directlink)

---
OOC
New Initiative:
Beezul - [roll0]
Ash - [roll1]
Oskar - [roll2]
Erresh - [roll3]

Round 1
(No Surprise- you know where the enemies are, and the glowing lights and waving banner give them a pretty good idea where you are.)
Beezul, Ash and Erresh act before the enemies do.

CockroachTeaParty
2009-11-08, 09:29 PM
Ash

It's a trap.
Ash keeps jogging ahead, keeping his shield at the ready. He points towards the tallest creature, accidentally slipping into the coded language many warforged used during the Last War.
"Rush North! ...I mean, attack the leader!"

(Ash will double move as close as he can to his beleagured superior officers, bringing him 60 ft. closer to the action.)

King Tius
2009-11-08, 09:36 PM
Beezul

There's one thing Beezul doesn't do, and that's take $#!^ from anybody. He lets loose and fires at this large humanoid form, letting his eldritch blast do the talking. He also tries to figure out what the hell that thing is.

damage:[roll1]
knowledge(arcana): [roll2]

Roethke
2009-11-08, 09:40 PM
OOC: Map Explanation

Just saw how Picasa displayed the map and it's Zoomed out to be near unusable as a battle map.

For an overview, The Orange circle is Harlan and Carlene. The Red circle is the party, The small black dots near the south side of the barn are the enemies (and someone was in the barn shooting arrows). Flames have begun to engulf the edges of the field, but there's still a clear path to Harlan and Carlene.

It's roughly 80' to Harlan and Carlene, roughly 125' to the barn door and the enemies.

I'll post a zoomed in version either late tonight or tomorrow, sorry for the lack of clarity.

~R

Sallera
2009-11-08, 09:45 PM
Erresh

Keeping pace with Ash, Erresh moves up to join the knights.

Flying Dutchman
2009-11-08, 09:58 PM
Oskar

Oskar, Continues running forward with the others. Blasted archers We've got to get closer or they'll tear us apart. While running Oskar bends down and scoops up and handful of dirt. Moradin offer me your protection. Oskar throws the dirt into the air in front of him. It begins to irradiate brightly colored hues as it goes into the air. The colors swirl around faster and faster creating a screen of ever-changing colors.

move ahead with party

cast: Entropic Shield as a standard action 20% miss from ranged attacks.

Roethke
2009-11-08, 10:36 PM
OOC:

Beezul, unless you take a run action, I don't think the enemies are in range of Eldritch Blast. Let me know what you want to do.

Everyone else, I've got Ash taking a double move to cross 60' of ground towards Sir Harlan, Erresh is doing the same, and Oskar is 40' behind them (20' move, and 1 std action to cast entropic shield.)

Correct me if I'm wrong.

King Tius
2009-11-08, 10:58 PM
You're right, I guess I'll just double move, too

Flying Dutchman
2009-11-09, 03:20 PM
Oskar

Seeing his party charging ahead Oskar drops his guard and charges forward as fast as his stubby dwarf legs will carry him. The Harriers banner still cluched tightly in his hand.

Taking a run action.

OOC: Hopeing to get into range before my spells wear off and the archers cut me down.....

I'm assuming i'm going to get barraged with arrows first. This however will be my action this round regardless

Roethke
2009-11-09, 05:52 PM
Map (end of Round 1) (http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/dYUgTt9nFW85PA0ujZIuDA?authkey=Gv1sRgCJWCk-2ozY_Naw&feat=directlink)

Distorted by heat and distance, you can see the outline of the huge figure run towards Carlene, quarterstaff held like an enormous club. It winds up as it nears her, and finally within reach swings. Like a gong being struct, the staff connects with her breastplate and Carlene falls senseless from her saddle to rest beside Sir Harlan.

On nearing the party the face of the huge man becomes visible, and a grizzled, sinewy, grim-faced middle aged man towers over his handiwork. His hair is salt-and-pepper, and his tight cheeks do not speak of over-nourishment. He wears the tanned hide of some great beast for armor, painted with red mud and a green colored dye.

A wolf yaps at his heels, this beast is no greater than others of its kind. As it passes where Carlene lies, it leaps aiming to land, jaws snapping on top of Ash. The construct looks on unfazed, stepping to the side at the last moment.

A younger man in the tattered raiment of the Church of the Silver Flame rushes over to where Carlene fell and swings a warhammer at her mount. From the glimpses you catch of his handsome face, you think this may be Acolyte Carlson, who also hasn't been seen since the town fell. Though the blow fails to strike, the injured, riderless horse finally panics and flees to the North.

Sir Harlan's mount catches the scent of panic, raises its head and whickers. Yet he stays by his fallen master for the moment.

Two volleys of two arrows rain down from the barn's loft. They fall around Beezul and Oskar, making soft thumps as they embed themselves in the ground.

The fire races onward, almost enclosing this corner of the field.

----
OOC:
Spot checks, everyone.

The Map - Sir Harlan and The party are marked with the first letter or letters of the character's name. The black 'W' is the wolf. 'Lg. hum' is the large man, and hum is the Acolyte.

Oskar - I was assuming that Entropic shield was an action of yours for the 1st round. The run would take place 2nd round (and feel free to change your action up until your turn). Let me know if I've misunderstood.

Beezul - You think the man is human, under the effects of an Enlarge Person

Ash, Beezul and Erresh, you're up before the enemies get to act again.

Sallera
2009-11-09, 05:58 PM
Erresh

Not wanting to get in the way of Ash's spells, Erresh strikes out at the wolf instead.
Attack: [roll0] (I'm assuming Ash will have stepped out of the way by the time Erresh's turn comes up)

King Tius
2009-11-10, 02:29 PM
Beezul

Now in range, the little kobold takes aim at the Enlarged man and lets his Eldritch Blast loose on the guy's face. He'll also use his at-will Darkness (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/darkness.htm) ability on himself and his allies, granting them cover but still letting them attack.

CockroachTeaParty
2009-11-10, 02:51 PM
Ash

Ash ignores the wolf, more focused on the larger threats. He moves past it, risking further attack, and unfurls the scroll in his right hand. With the giant and the Flamite in range, Ash concentrates, beginning to chant nonsense words as the scribbles on the scroll glow...

Ash will move 15 ft., one square NW then then 2 squares W, risking an AoO from the wolf. Assuming he isn't tripped, he will then try to activate his scroll of Color Spray, the cone enveloping the giant man and the warhammer-wielding man. That's a DC 21 Use Magic Device check.

Also, I'm going to roll a few Spellcraft checks. I think we've seen a few spells cast, and Ash might be able to identify them. (DC 15+spell level)

Use Magic Device: [roll0]
If successful, the foes get a DC 13 Will save to negate the effects of the spell.

Spellcraft: I'll make three of them
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Spot: [roll4]

Roethke
2009-11-10, 05:54 PM
Round 2

Ash deftly dodges the wolf's slavering jaws as he let loose his burst of colors, adding even more chaos to the night. The large man looks surprised for a second, but seems unaffected. The acolyte, though, falls senseless to the ground.

Beezul summons his power to streak out at the grizzled human, leaving a burn mark on his armor as darkness spreads out from the kobold. The man grunts in pain, then smiles as Carrowill Obedon materializes out of the wheat to the northeast of Beezul, tiny knife shining, even in the dark. The gnome is covered in blood, dirt and bits of grain. He hurls the knife at the kobold, and blood fountains from the neck of the small reptile.

The wolf cries in pain as Erresh's spear scrapes against its rib. It growls at him, but withdraws back to its master side and stands just behind the large man.

The large man steps just five feet towards Ash, standing over Carlene's body. The quarterstaff closes the rest of the distance and another clank is heard, followed by a rattle from within Ash's chest. The construct topples.

The man shouts over his shoulder towards the barn, "Let's be off with our prizes before the cost is too high. Hurry men! I'll hold them while I can, but make sure the Brothers get HARLAN" He bends down and begins hefting Carlene over his shoulder.

Four arrows rain down on Erresh, but all but one are swallowed by distance and darkness. The remaining arrow strikes a glancing blow on Erresh's scalp.

Oskar comes huffing up to the party just as the flames enclose this corner of the field.

-------
OOC:
[Ash- Spells recognized: Dancing Lights (blue globes above Harlan). You've taken 11 points of Nonlethal damage.

Beezul- You take 5 points of damage from the gnome's knife (sneak attack).

Erresh- you take 1 point of damage from the arrow.

Oskar- position yourself how you like (you've got plenty of extra distance with a run), bearing in mind that you're at your run AC until your next initiative]

Flying Dutchman
2009-11-10, 06:30 PM
Oskar

As Oskar sprints up to aid his companions the burning wheat cuts off his escape.Even Panting for breath Oscar manages to puff out a few choice words for the Gnome. You little back-stabbing mole-lover, If I ever get ahold of you I'll feed ye to the werewolf m'self.

OOC: I'm going to stop about 10 feet back from where Ash is down, I'll decide what I'm doing after the enemies move since they go before me anyway. If the enemies are sticking around, I'll cast Shield of faith on myself. If they are running which it appears they are I'll Heal Ash and bring him around.

CockroachTeaParty
2009-11-10, 10:48 PM
Ash
As the enlarged staff smashes the vulnerable organic components of his neck, the world begins to spin. Ash mutters out something before hitting the hard earth.
"Repair."
Then all is blackness.

Sallera
2009-11-11, 01:38 PM
Erresh

Hissing furiously as Ash falls, Erresh closes the distance to the large man almost instantly, longspear jabbing out as a flying leap lands him near Ash's body.

Charging attack: [roll0]

King Tius
2009-11-11, 02:03 PM
Beezul

The little Kobold yelps in fear and pain as the gnome stabs him. He turns and attempts to blast the little git, defensively

concentration check: [roll0]
attack: [roll1]
damage: [roll2]

Roethke
2009-11-11, 06:52 PM
Round 3- Summary
The darkness, smoke , whinnying and flickering flames are beginning to lend a surreal quality to the battlefield. The smell of blood has finally panicked Sir Harlan's horse, and it bolts to the North, away from the fire.

Beezul raises one claw to staunch his bleeding neck, and turning, unleases a blast at the gnome standing just ten feet away. He almost catches Carrowill full in the face, but the wavering darkness blocks his vision. The diminutive fellow shudders as the arcane power flashes by him, then stands there, blinking and barely able to believe he's still standing.

He comes to his senses, flings another small knife at Beezul, which gouges the kobold's armor, but does not penetrate. Then the gnome turns and fades back into the wheat to the north.

Erresh drives his longspear home on the burn mark left by Beezul's blast. It pierces the weakened armor. Erresh can feel the spearhead scraping the man's rib as he gasps with pain. In response, the man shakes his head, steps back five feet (dragging Carlene with him) and drops his club to cast a spell.
The club shrinks to the size of a normal quarterstaff as it leaves his fingers.

Several lyrical sounds are heard as he wiggles the fingers on his hand before him. The wheat all around you begins to writhe (including some that is on fire) and then reach out to all of you, grasping.

Beezul and Erresh manage to evade the strands of wheat, but Oskar is caught fast.

---OOC: Saving throws---

Beezul-[roll0]
Erresh-[roll1]
Oskar-[roll2]

--------------

Two men on horseback emerge from the barn, lassos twirling. As they ride towards Sir Harlan, they attempt to rope him. The first lasso jets out towards the fallen knight, catches, but as the the man pulls the rope taught he realizes he's caught a piece of a stump, and pulls himself from the saddle. The other, though, catches solidly on Sir Harlan's leg, and the man turns his mount North, towards the woods.

-------OOC---------

Beezul - I was assuming you're not immune to your own darkness. If this is incorrect, let me know. Here's the miss chance roll, btw: 1d100=19 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2318212/)
Erresh, you have two injured targets 15' to your North, the man and his Wolf.

Oskar, you can attempt a DC 20 strength or escape artist check on your turn.
Everyone can move at 1/2 speed, no charging. The writhing ends just south of the large man, and extends back to the edge of the field.

Edit: D'oh. Can't count.

Sallera
2009-11-11, 11:33 PM
Erresh

Circling around his target, kicking savagely at the grasping plants, Erresh spits at the man's feet before looking up at him, seeking an opening. "Bad choice on your part. Thinking we'd all just give up and go home. Oh, yes, the plants will stop us. Such a brilliant plan. As if we'd never" - a sidelong feint with the spear, followed by a fierce jab - "seen that one before."

Moving northwest, I'm fairly sure I can get out of the entangle while still remaining in range for an attack.

Flying Dutchman
2009-11-11, 11:57 PM
Oskar

Oskar finding himself once more unable to help his allies is consumed with rage. He Swears wildly as he flails about entangled in the wheat. Among the unintelligible stream of profanity you can make out the occasional "Your mum was a rat" and "I'll rip out ye heart you tree hugging manling"

Str Check: [roll0]

King Tius
2009-11-12, 12:01 PM
Beezul

The little kobold is not amused. He attempts to blast the big guy again, determined to bring him down. he will then move away from where the gnome went into the corn, trying not to get stabbed again.

attack:[roll0]
damage: [roll1]

Wonderful! A 1. I need to make sure I don't get a bonus to that blast....

Roethke
2009-11-12, 01:15 PM
Erresh scrambles to the edge of the grasping grain, to strike at the man again, but his blow is stopped by the man's armor. The wolf growls at him, but still shies away, remembering the pain of the previous few seconds.

Beezul lets out another blast and scrambles after the man, but he can't quite make it out of the fingers of the twisting wheat. Even so, he avoids becoming entrapped in the strands and stands at the border between the normal and the magically animated grain. The man grimaces as a small burn marks his cheek.

He then tosses a handful of berries into the air gulping down several of them, the wolf snapping up the rest, and the burn mark fades before your eyes. The large man draws an enormous sickle from his side.

Meanwhile the man who had fallen from his horse trying to lasso Harlan has managed to rise and leads his mount over to just behind the large druid.

The wounded druid speaks in his deep voice, "Corvus, you take the girl back to camp" and he menaces Erresh with the sickle, "We've gotten what we've came for. Now go retrieve your gift and see what your master has wrought. The Host grant you're not foolish enough to desire more blood tonight.

Oskar struggles against the grain, the slightly acrid scent of new beer filling his nostrils as kernels of grain burst free.

Sallera
2009-11-12, 01:28 PM
Erresh

"Oh yes, you've got what you came for. Good for you. We haven't. And at this rate, you're hardly making a compelling case for leaving you alone. So run, if you like. But I'll not hesitate to stab you in the back as you go." The goblin punctuates his words with stabs of the spear, lashing out as he tries to find an opening.

AoO for eating the berries: [roll0]

Flying Dutchman
2009-11-12, 05:22 PM
Let 'im go erresh, there's enough blood on the ground tonight, I fear we are bested. Oskar strains once more aginst the strands of wheat, trying to free himself as the flames close in.

str check [roll0]

King Tius
2009-11-13, 04:56 PM
Beezul

"Grrrrrrr. This is no good. No good at all! I knew we couldn't trust that damn gnome." Beezul's hands light up with his baleful magic once more, firing again at the giant druid man.

He also attempts to get free of the Entangle spell.

Roethke
2009-11-13, 05:13 PM
The druid cries in pain as the bolt from Beezul burns him once more, but dodges Erresh's darting spear, one blow leaving a deep gouge in his armor. "So be it." He says, half to himself. He barks a command in a strange language to his wolf, the beast fixes him with a look, unreadable emotion in the yellow eyes, and then runs off to the North.

He tosses Carlene on the back of the horse, and the bandit mounts and begins riding away.

Sickle catching the moonlight, he strikes out at Erresh, catching him just above the shoulder and creating a massive gash. The enormous sickle catches on Erresh's hip on its way down and Erresh falls prone before the large man.

Oskar continues his cereal struggle

OOC:

Erresh - 11 points of damage, and you've been tripped
Oskar - Sorry sometimes puns are just there

Sallera
2009-11-13, 05:27 PM
Erresh

Cursing mentally, Erresh lies still, not wishing to take another blow from that massive blade. Leaving one eye half-open in the flickering shadows, he watches the druid, hoping the presence of a wound that few could survive will keep his conscious state hidden.

Bloody Improved Trip... :smalltongue:
Erresh will ready an action to stab the druid if he tries to move out of range or casts a spell.AoO: [roll0]
Readied attack: [roll2]

Roethke
2009-11-13, 06:01 PM
OOC: Go ahead and make a bluff or hide check, Erresh, (Whichever you prefer)

Sallera
2009-11-13, 06:04 PM

King Tius
2009-11-13, 06:15 PM
Beezul

The little kobold snickers at the old man's wounds. "I'm not going to let you get away, you overgrown windbag!"

Flying Dutchman
2009-11-13, 06:42 PM
Oskar

Oskar's movements become more frantic as the fire burns ever closer. He beings to lose his cool as the wheat still refuses to yeild.

str check: [roll0]

Roethke
2009-11-13, 11:29 PM
Some of the fire goes out of the Druid's eyes as he sees Erresh go, and stay down. He treats the fallen goblin warily, though, and keeping the sickle between him and Erresh at first, is buffeted by Beezul's attack, as he withdraws to the North. You're not sure if it's your eyes, but seems to shrink as he moves away.

Oskar, you can begin feel the pulse of heat when the wind shifts the flames in your direction.

[OOC: The druid takes the Withdraw action to move 60' away from the party. Beezul, this puts him about 75' away from you, and about 70' away from Erresh]

King Tius
2009-11-13, 11:40 PM
Beezul

OOG: My Eldritch Blast has a range of 60ft, so I can move and hit him this round!

Beezul moves forward and lets loose a final blast at the shrinking druid. "Running away, are you? Fear the power of Beezul!"

damage:[roll1]

OOG: Can I add an action point to my damage? I really want to bring this guy down!

Roethke
2009-11-14, 09:03 AM
The man drops to one knee with the last blast from Beezul. He staggers on, looking over his shoulder, but is definitely moving slower than he was before. In the distance you can hear him cry out "Althus NO!" as the wolf comes charging back through the field and slams into Beezul.

Althus bites down on the kobold's leg, shaking his muzzle and drives Beezul to the ground.

Trying to keep the spotlight going so long as I'm posting.
Beezul - you were hit for 4 damage, and have been tripped
Oskar, you can keep trying to get free.

Erresh, feel free to interject (Beezul and the wolf are probably about 25' in front of you), you're still prone. The druid is about 100' in front of you at the end of the round (70' when you first have the opportunity to act).

Flying Dutchman
2009-11-14, 09:47 AM
Oskar

Oskar continues his struggle aginst the wheat. He's begginnning to wonder how he got himself into this mess, and how it is he's been defeated by common grain.

Forgot to roll the first time...

I'll roll my STR check in the OOC thread so i don't double post.

King Tius
2009-11-14, 11:14 AM
Beezul

The Kobold Warlock goes limp as the wolf sinks his teeth in. (OOG: I'm at -2).

Sallera
2009-11-14, 04:14 PM
Erresh

Climbing to his feet again, the goblin hisses at the wolf, spitting in its general direction as he readies the spear.

Ready an action to attack the wolf as soon as it's in range.

AoO, if it approaches: [roll2]

Roethke
2009-11-15, 07:06 PM
Erresh springs up to aid his compatriot, driving his spear through the wolf's eye as it stands over Beezul, the point penetrating the back of the skull pinning it to the ground next to the kobold. Erresh leans on the spear, chest heaving after all his exertions and his wounds.

With a cry of anguish the druid watches the lifeblood of his companion mix with that of the his enemies and run out into the ground. He hurls his sickle towards Erresh with all his might, and it arcs spinning into he moonlight. It can't close the distance, though and falls to the ground. Seeing his failure to avenge Althus, the druid himself is overcome and collapses where he stands.

[OOC:
Beezul you're at -3, this round.
Oskar, you've got a couple of checks to break free coming to you]

Sallera
2009-11-15, 07:24 PM
Erresh

"Bloody thieves. Let's see how eager you are to hold onto your prizes when we've got one of our own from you..." Ignoring his wounds, Erresh quickly moves over and starts binding the druid with what might be considered an excessive amount of rope. He then adjusts the position of the bindings, trying to prevent the druid from bleeding out before he can be used as currency.

Tie up and gag the druid, then attempt to stabilize him.
Heal: [roll0]
Heal: [roll1]
Unless, of course, I get lucky and he stabilizes himself, in which case drag him back to the others and use those checks on Beezul instead.

Flying Dutchman
2009-11-15, 09:03 PM
Oskar

Oskar is visually relived when he sees the wolf and the other man drop. This relief however is short lived once he realizes he is still in danger of burning to death. Oskar takes a moment to calm himself and focuses all of his will onto breaking free.

Str Check: [roll0]

King Tius
2009-11-15, 09:15 PM
Beezul

Beezul bleeds.....

Roethke
2009-11-16, 12:49 PM
With a mighty dwarven roar, Oskar breaks free of his bonds, the grain recoiling as if in fear around him. As he looks around, the fire has consumed much of this corner of the field and the heat of the flames is uncomfortably close to his neck. Even so, without the clatter and clash of combat, the night feels still.

While Erresh tends to the wounds of his enemy, Beezul, in a semi-conscious state manages to roll over, the weight of his body staunching the blood from the worst of his wounds.

In the distance you hear a horse whinny.

[OOC: Beezul you self-stabilized, Erresh, you've bound the druid and stabilized him]

Sallera
2009-11-16, 01:10 PM
Erresh

Erresh drags the druid, who now resembles little more than a large ball of rope, back to the group by a loose end. "I've half a mind to feed this bugger to his own burning wheatfield, but we may be able to manage a prisoner trade. Can you bring round Beezul and Ash so we can get out of here? Don't think we'll be able to drag all three of them away between us."

Flying Dutchman
2009-11-16, 02:26 PM
Oskar

Aye, I'll bring them round. Oskar makes his way first to Ash who seems to be the worst off. Moradin This one has fought well tonight heal his wounds.

Cast: CLW on Ash 1d8+1
stupid fourum roller

Flying Dutchman
2009-11-16, 02:31 PM
After healing Ash Oskar goes over and heals Beezul. Helping them both to there feet.

CLW for Ash [roll0]
pretty sure thats only 1/2 effective on him cause he's a warforged.

And i'll cast CMW on Beezul
I'll also use CLW on beezul when I see that he didn't wake up.
roll in the OOC thread.

CockroachTeaParty
2009-11-16, 04:16 PM
As the divine energies course through the warforged's body, the damaged organic components near his neck and leg knit themselves back together. Ash's eyes, which had been dark, light back up once more. He stands back up, ignoring the dirt caked on his composite plating.
Though he did not show it, the construct was shaken. He had experienced every moment of time since the last time he had gone unconscious (one year, four months, and five days ago) during a training exercise at the House Cannith forge where he was created. It unnerved him that things happened beyond his knowledge or control, that the world still moved on while he was gone. He hadn't been unconscious for more than a few seconds, but it felt like an eternity to Ash. His neck still ached, another unusual sensation, but at least he could move.
He re-tightens the straps on his shield, and looks around the battlefield. He gives no thanks for the healing, and his voice is just as toneless and flat as if nothing at all had happened.
"Sit-rep?"

Roethke
2009-11-18, 01:23 PM
As Oskar tends to Beezul, a slight groaning is heard from the pile of Cleric over towards the barn

Sallera
2009-11-18, 01:28 PM
Erresh

Erresh glances over upon hearing the noise. "Oh. Forgot about that one... what should we do with him?"

Flying Dutchman
2009-11-18, 01:33 PM
Go knock him out, again. We can tie him up with the rope in my pack, hopefully they didn't spook all the horses off and we can haul them back.

Sallera
2009-11-18, 01:39 PM
Erresh

"Fair enough." Walking over to the blinded man, Erresh swings the haft of his spear towards the cleric's jaw.

Non-lethal damage: [roll1]
And a couple more for good measure... (basically continuing until he's either unconscious or no longer stunned)
Non-lethal damage: [roll3]
Attack: [roll4]
Non-lethal damage: [roll5]

King Tius
2009-11-18, 01:49 PM
Beezul

As the little kobold snaps awake, he groans and reaches for the stab wound in his side. Finding it somewhat healed, he rubs his head and surveys the scene around him. "We got them? Good." He clambers to his feet and goes over to the bound Druid. Standing over him for a moment, Beezul growls and gives him a swift kick to the stomach. Turning around, Beezul clenches his fists and growls again. "Where is that gnome? He's mine."

When he spies the once-skewered wolf head, he nods a silent thanks to Erresh. (and to Oskar, obviously!)

Flying Dutchman
2009-11-18, 02:05 PM
Oskar

As Oskar finishes his last healing spell on Beezul. He looks up from his work. He slides his pack off of his shoulder and rummages through it producing a coil of hempen rope. He then tosses the rope to Errresh so he can tie up the remaining assailent.

Roethke
2009-11-18, 03:59 PM
A series of thunks followed by low whines emerges from where Erresh stands over the cleric, spear bobbing rhythmically. Before long the cleric stops moving, and Erresh gives another whack or two, just be sure. Oskar tosses Erresh the rope, and the goblin begins tying the cleric up.

The flames have mostly contained themselves to the southeast corner of the field, and by now are starting to run out of fuel, the area to the east beginning to gutter.

In the distance off to the west, you can light in several of the upper-story windows of the farmhouse.

Beezul looks about, claws flexing, but there's no obvious sign of the gnome.

CockroachTeaParty
2009-11-18, 05:04 PM
Ash feels a tinge of annoyance, both at having his quest ignored and for falling back into warforged slang once more. He looks around the area, noticing a discrepancy.
"Where is Sir Harlan? What happened to our superiors?"

Sallera
2009-11-18, 05:52 PM
Erresh

"This lot ran off with them." Erresh is dragging another large ball of rope back towards the party, although this one is somewhat smaller than the druid. "Hence why we bothered taking these two alive. With luck, they'll prove important enough for an exchange." Dumping the cleric at Oskar's feet, he looks up hopefully. "I don't suppose you've got any healing left? My lung's feeling rather exposed at the moment."

Flying Dutchman
2009-11-19, 02:08 AM
Aye lad I'll give ye what little I've got left. Walking up to Erresh he Places his hand on his side where the wound is. Moradin Grant me your power. A blue-white light radiates from his hand and seems to seep into the wound, stopping some more of the bleeding.

Cast CMW

and thats all she wrote for today

CockroachTeaParty
2009-11-19, 02:46 AM
Ash is uncomfortable, not just because of his recent bout of unconsciousness, but also because the chain of command has been severed. Not used to issuing commands, he turns to the group, his flat voice not betraying his anxiety.
"What should we do now? The prisoners have been secured: someone should stand watch while a detachment combs the surrounding area for hostages, clues, enemies, or supplies. ... I volunteer to stand guard over the prisoners."

Flying Dutchman
2009-11-19, 04:00 PM
Oskar

Ash stay here and guard the prisoners. Erresh you me'l go check fer anythin worthwhile on around. We're hurt'n for supplies and anything we can find e'll be a big help.

Beezul keep on look out, that back-stabbin gnome might be around here.

CockroachTeaParty
2009-11-19, 07:58 PM
Ash nods and gives a swift salute to the dwarf. He immediately begins surveying the area, on alert for more enemies... and secretly hoping that there are none.

Sallera
2009-11-20, 04:57 PM
Erresh

The goblin heads toward the barn, falling back to match Oskar's pace. "He did mention a gift of some sort... may as well see who he's killed."

King Tius
2009-11-20, 05:29 PM
Beezul

Beezul follows Erresh towards the barn, also curious what this "gift" might be. "I dare that little runt to show his face again. I won't let him get away again."

CockroachTeaParty
2009-11-20, 10:43 PM
Still aware that there may be enemy forces in the area, Ash decides it might be best to clear away the remaining aches and pains he still felt. He places his hand against his chest, and mutters something softly to himself. His artificial body begins to flush the weakness from his organic components, refreshing and rejuvenating him.

Ash is going to use his last infusion to help get rid of more of the nonlethal damage. He casts Repair Light Damage on himself.
[roll0] damage negated.

Roethke
2009-11-21, 07:20 AM
Erresh and Beezul

The barn door is open after the enemy had poured out. It creaks on its hinges in the slight night breeze. As you approach the door there is the smell, but not the sound of animals. Laced through the animal smell is that of sulfur. Though you both can see through the dark, you note that light, most likely from a lantern, filters down from the loft casting odd shadows through the planking. A ladder up to the loft stands about 10' in on your left. On this level there is a single fallen torch near the door, guttering in a damp pile of hay.

The barn itself is a large building (gnomes are small, but their animals are the same size) some 40' wide by 64' long, and two stories high. 8' x 10' Stalls line the interior on each side.

At the other end of the barn (i.e. by the 8th set of stalls), Beezul can make out some metallic glinting on the ground, but it's just where his darkvision begins to fade into the murk, and there's not enough normal light to make out what it is.

Ash and Oskar
Ash stand guard, watching Oskar begin to search the prisoners. The acrid scent of burnt wheat sweeps toward you as the field continues to burn. In his best estimation, the barn is not in danger of catching fire as there's a small break between the end of the field and the barn, and the wind isn't all that strong. The field will burn to the ground, though. In the distance, Erresh can make out the sound of hoofbeats coming from the west. Quite soft, though, thye'd be far away.

Searching the prisoners is a bit of a chore, as the party had made sure they were extremely well secured. A bit of Dwarvan persistence pays off, though. In addition to a beautiful sickle, the druid is has 4 small vials on his person. One contains clear liquid, two contain a reddish substance, and one is green. Also stashed in a pocket in his robes are two tindertwigs, and two smokesticks. Finally, there's a small pouch containing what must be 25gp of powdered silver.

The acolyte was less well supplied. He yielded up 4 similar pouches of silver, and his fine holy symbol of the Silver Flame, a wooden handle with a worked silver tip in the shape of a lit torch. Other than that, the only thing you come across is a small book kept close to his heart, "The teachings of the Silver Flame: On Exorcism and the Dragon Below"

King Tius
2009-11-21, 12:36 PM
Beezul

The little Kobold nudges Erresh and puts his hand to his mouth in a "shhhhh" motion. He starts to sneak forwards towards the metal object, hands at the read.

hide: [roll0]
move silently:[roll1]

Roethke
2009-11-21, 01:18 PM
Oskar - Forgot to mention that the wolf pelt would probably make fine cloak (it was quite a beast) though it probably wouldn't endear you to your prisoner.

Flying Dutchman
2009-11-21, 01:49 PM
Oskar

Oskar busies himself puting the vials and the pouches of silver into his pack.

Ash can ye carry one o'the prisoners? We shouldbe movin to the barn before the whole field goes burns up. And do ya happen to have a knife on ye. We could get decent money outta this wolf pelt.

CockroachTeaParty
2009-11-21, 02:04 PM
Ash looks down at the prisoners, his metal jaw shut tight for a moment.
"It would be easier to drag them."
He then looks at the dwarf with his expressionless, glowing eyes.
"Let me see the vials you found. I will try to determine their properties."

If Ash gets 8 minutes of free time, he will examine the four vials, giving each one 2 minutes to determine whether they are magical, and if they are, trying to identify them should they be potions.
Artificer Knowledge Checks (determines if they are magical, DC 15):
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Spellcraft checks to identify the exact nature of the potions (DC 25):
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

...Well, that was mostly a failure! Ash only determines if one of the vials is magical or not...

Flying Dutchman
2009-11-21, 02:52 PM
Oskar
Drag, Carry, Roll, Kick don't make none to me, but we should get outta this field. Oskar says as he digs throgh the pack to get the potions back out. As he hands them over to Ash he says Here ya go lad, You'd know more about these than I.

Oskar picks up the Scyth in one arm, grabs the prisoner at his feet with the other and begins to drag him rather unceremoniously through the field towards the barn.

CockroachTeaParty
2009-11-21, 05:47 PM
Ash does the same with the Flamite, pocketing the vials for future examination. They would be less likely to spot enemies (or allies) from inside the barn, but they would be better protected from attack, and Ash was somewhat ashamedly all too eager to prevent further injury.

Roethke
2009-11-21, 06:23 PM
As Ash and Oskar head to the barn with their charges, Beezul creeps forward.

On approaching the other end of the barn, Beezul can see that the glinting is from lines of powdered silver poured before the last stall on the left. The stall door itself is criss-crossed with some sort of silvered paint, in lines and runes the kobold does not understand.

The door stands about 4' tall, the stall is about 8' high, but there's no real roof, more of a frame. There is a bar across the door (also covered in silver runes) at the 2' level, fairly convenient for Gnomes or Kobolds, for that matter.

CockroachTeaParty
2009-11-22, 04:19 PM
Ash opens the door to the barn, his prisoner in tow.
"We are consolidating to a more defensible position."
The warforged peers through the gloom of the barn, keeping an eye out for danger even in the confines of the structure.
(Does he see the silver runes?)

Sallera
2009-11-22, 04:24 PM
Erresh

"A good thing, too," mutters the goblin as he peers off to the west. "Sounds like someone's coming... might be the horses that ran off, but more like someone's seen the flames."

King Tius
2009-11-22, 04:38 PM
Beezul

The kobold stares at the runes quizzically. He turns back and reports what he's found to the group. "I say we open it. It was a gift, after all."

CockroachTeaParty
2009-11-22, 05:36 PM
Ash steps forward, to examine the strange markings. He has a bad feeling, remembering the idiosyncrasies of spells such as Protection from Evil and its greater cousins. All of the talk of werewolves, and the presence of so much silver, likewise were sounding small alarms in his head.
"Let us not be so hasty. I will examine the markings. These might be designed to keep something imprisoned."
The warforged removes another scroll from his case, regarding the sigils and runes with caution.

SKILL CHECKS!!!
Spellcraft: [roll0], specifically to try and identify any active spells, the DC typically being 20+spell level. > with the action point, that's a 21.
Search: [roll1], for there might be traps about.
Finally, regardless of the results of the above, Ast will ask to gather the items they've recovered so far and place them in front of the silver-strewn stable. Then, he'll use his scroll of Detect Magic, trying UMD until it works (DC 21). That will last a whole minute, and will reveal however much information 10 rounds of Detect Magic reveals in a large radius, hopefully including the items and the stall. That is, unless we're interrupted by something...
For laughs, I'll go ahead and roll a UMD check: [roll2], and that will be 3 lower if the Skill Enhancement infusion has already expired.

Roethke
2009-11-22, 09:27 PM
At the far end of the barn (it should be noted that there is a closed door presumably leading out into the fields), Ash prepares to read from his scroll.

Soon after the words are incanted, Ash's eyes begin to emit a soft blue glow and he stands stock-still as he ponders the items and the runes.

OOC- Det. Magic Results

The reddish vials emit the aura of faint transmutation magic. The green liquid emits faint abjuration, while the clear one is not magical at all. The sickle that Oskar retrieved also glows faintly, as does the book.

The runes are more complicated. They are definitely divine in nature. There are three faint auras, two abjuration, one illusion. Your spellcraft skill can identify the runes traced on the door as a variant of Protection from Evil, directed inward instead of outward. The runes on the bar are also abjuration, while the one on the floor is illusion, though divine in nature.

CockroachTeaParty
2009-11-22, 11:57 PM
Eventually the glow fades, and the scroll crumbles to dust. Ash turns to his comrades.
"Three of the recovered vials are magical. The one containing the clear substance is not: it could be poisonous. The scythe and book we recovered also radiate magic. As for this stall, it is heavily enchanted with various spells. I assume these wards are designed to keep whatever is within hidden and trapped inside. Typically such precautions are designed to pacify elementals or outsiders. I am at an impasse as to how to proceed."
Ash speaks flatly and quickly, not unlike how a bored person might read a grocery list. However, his eyes glow with interest and intensity, and his body is tense and alert.
"I have an idea. I need to confirm my suspicions. Can someone find me a bucket, preferably metallic? Any object that would generate a great deal of noise when thrown would suffice."

Ash will also look around for something small, throw-able, and noisy.
Search: [roll0]

After searching...

With a wooden bucket and stool in hand, Ash tosses the bucket up and over the door of the stall, aiming to have it land inside the stall itself. He intently listens for any sound coming from within the stall.

Roethke
2009-11-23, 04:05 PM
The bucket lands with a soft thud and a clunk, followed by a groan from within the stall.

King Tius
2009-11-23, 04:12 PM
Beezul

The little Kobold giggles. "Hello? Who's in there?"

Roethke
2009-11-23, 04:42 PM
"Mraaaaw. Hrmphle ihsz iimphl"
Beezul's query is met by another groan, followed by several indistinct murmurs.

CockroachTeaParty
2009-11-23, 05:45 PM
Ash sets the stool on the ground near the door of the stall, and balances on top of it, trying to peer over the door.
"Whatever is within sounds restrained..."

Roethke
2009-11-24, 11:08 AM
The stool, more used to a gnomes weight than that of a warforged, sinks a bit into the earth of the barn's floor as Ash steps on. Peering over the edge of the door, Ash can see that two human figures are laid out on a pile of straw They are both bound fast, arms and ankles. One has a bucket over his head and is struggling with his restraints, while the other appears asleep or unconscious. The circle of silver (part of which was visible on the floor outside the stall) continues into the stall.

King Tius
2009-11-24, 11:11 AM
Beezul

The warlock taps his foot impatiently. "C'mon, let's open it up already. Whoever is in there probably doesn't want to be and was put in by the guy we just scorched. That makes us his friends!"

OOG: Is it a full moon?

CockroachTeaParty
2009-11-24, 01:30 PM
(Eberron has a LOT of moons. 12, to be precise... :smalleek:)

Ash steps off the stool, and looks to his comrades.
"There are two humanoids restrained within. The silver circle surrounds them; I would guess it is designed to restrain them, or lessen whatever threat they might present. Given the history of the Silver Flame and the recent rumors in town, they might be lycanthropes. We face a choice: free them, and risk whatever danger they might present, or leave them here to whatever fate awaits them. I am at an impasse."
Again, not used to decision making, Ash stands immobile, facing the stall. What would Sir Harlan do? Probably free them. If he was ordered to, Ash would, but in the absence of a clear chain of command, he was wracked with uncertainty.

Sallera
2009-11-24, 01:36 PM
Erresh

"The Flame tend to be a bit overzealous, don't they? Might be lycanthropes, I suppose, but could as easily be innocent victims. And even if they are, they might have something to offer our little outfit. After all..." Erresh smirks, planting his spear in the earth and waving his arms expansively. "Look at us. We're not exactly the most mundane troop."

King Tius
2009-11-24, 02:31 PM
Beezul

"I agree with Ugly (friendly banter!). Let's at least try and talk to them." Beezul moves to open the door and does so unless someone objects.

Roethke
2009-11-24, 09:02 PM
Beezul unbars the stall and carefully opens the stall door, Ash having stepped down off the stool a moment before. This reveals the pair of bound humans, the one with the bucket on his head unintelligible but struggling, the other unresponsive.

Oskar:

As the door opens, you can barely make out the words "No! Can't hold it off...Help... from the bucket-wearing human.

Before your eyes the struggling ceases and the bucket starts rotating deliberately from side to side. The unmoving form sits bolt upright opens its eyes and begins sweeping his unblinking gaze across the stall and the party. Strikingly, one of his eyes is totally black, streaked through with a dark blue jagged lines. He never seems to settle on anyone, as if blind.

Sallera
2009-11-24, 09:44 PM
Erresh

The goblin snorts as the gate opens. "You landed the bucket on his head? Nice toss, that." He studies the two for a moment, watching their actions. "So. Who are you, and what are you doing in the magic circle?"

Flying Dutchman
2009-11-24, 10:06 PM
Be careful lad, I'm getting a bad feeling about this. Oskar slowly backs away from the stall until he knows whats going on.

Heal check: [roll0]
Knowledge religion: [roll1]
Knowledge History:[roll2]

these are to try and figgure out what could possibly be going on with the man/ situation in general.

CockroachTeaParty
2009-11-25, 12:36 AM
Ash tightens his grip on his shield. Perhaps there was something worse than lycanthropy going on here...
"Perhaps we should leave them. Perhaps we should return with reinforcements."
The warforged's voice does not hint at fear, but there is a brevity to his speech that implies hesitation, if not a faltering of his nerve.

Roethke
2009-11-25, 04:53 PM
Oskar:

A cursory, nervous inspection doesn't reveal very much. The boys (they appear in their late teens) seem to be in good health, and other than their behavior and the discolored eye, nothing seems physically wrong with them.

The whole situation-- the book, the words of the druid, the magic circles-- seems consistent with possession magic of one kind or another that the Silver Flame constantly warns of. The black-an-blue eye reminds you of a Khyber Daragonshard.

The figures both turn their heads (the one on the left still bucket-clad) in the direction of Erresh's voice, though they still seems unable to fix their gaze. The figure on the right responds with a mellow voice,
Who am I? My true name would rasp the membranes from your ears, and let the tiny brains inside your head leak out. Had I not been imprisoned in such an inadequate vessel, I would have begun that process by now. Seeing as I cannot, you may call me... Sal

Show yourself, Mage. Your puny magic cannot hide yourself from me for long. Perhaps we can work out an arrangement.

Flying Dutchman
2009-12-01, 07:29 PM
Oskar

Oskar backs away slowly, not sure whats going on, and not wanting to find out. "I think this may be a good time to leave lads, I aint a coward but wer'all injured and i'm not sure another fight would be a wise choice."

Sallera
2009-12-01, 07:44 PM
Erresh

The goblin waves his companions on, motioning them in the direction of Canteville, then turns back to the bound humans. "So... Sal. Sorry to disappoint you, but none of us seem to be the mage you're looking for. However, it's looking likely that this one belongs to the same group we're hunting. If you've any useful information on the ones who tossed you in here... might be we could use it to find that mage of yours."

Roethke
2009-12-02, 09:47 PM
The head movements of the figure on the right cease as he suddenly focuses on Erresh. In the same voice, though now the tone is tinged with fear, not malevolence, he continues Oh thank the Flame you've found me. Please, please take me to Father Zephyr, He's going to come back soon, and I don't know how long I can hold out. I'm Silas Hunt, Grachhus' son, please, the Brothers will reward you once they retake the town...

King Tius
2009-12-07, 07:34 PM
Beezul

The little warlock seems intrigued by this whole possession thing. He scratches his chin and watches them curiously.

"Well, I agree. Let's leave them here and come back with more men. Then we can go after the rest of these clowns, maybe finding that little gnome along the way."

Sallera
2009-12-07, 07:54 PM
Erresh

The goblin shakes his head, sighing. "Hm. A poor choice of saviour, perhaps. You're not 'Sal' at the moment, I take it; pity, he could have been useful. Still... I'll keep that in mind. You seem safe enough in your little silver bubble."

Turning to head for the door, he again motions his companions onward, listening for the sound of hoofbeats; if they were getting closer, it would do well to be able to see their approach.

CockroachTeaParty
2009-12-07, 08:04 PM
Ash nods, gathering his gear and preparing to move out. Secretly, he was relieved to be leaving the disturbing prisoners to their fate, at least for the time being.