PDA

View Full Version : Garyx Champion 3.5 help

Sutrahariel
2009-10-29, 12:04 AM
K, this one is kinda easy in my opinion. I need help in making a champion for the dragon god Garyx, god of destruction and fire. For the flavor it would be something along the line of the PC thinking herself a Templar for her god, and an executioner against heretics (everything that lives that isn't useful).

The guts would include the use of heavy armor, A large weapon with a sickle sidearm, a shield, and divine magic of some kind (maybe SLA? invocations via Dragonfire Adapt? I dunno). She would focus on destruction at the largest scale, primarily through decapitation then cremation. I was thinking Cleric 10/Pious Templar 5/Complentive 5

Any ideas? All sourcebooks are open to this, and a complete 20th lv is fine if you wish.

Eldariel
2009-10-29, 04:20 AM
I'd definitely start with Cleric, yes. I suppose War-domain and giving the Dragon whatever weapon you want the Cleric to wield seems sensible. Then I'd probably go around reflavoring few classes, particularly Ordained Champion [Complete Champ] or Ruby Knight Vindicator [ToB] for the best Martial Cleric experience and base the build on those.

Alternatively, just straight Cleric could of course work, working off persistent buffs; kinda sensible since that would make him empowered by the deity and quite weak without his deity's power, but that may not be the flavor you want. If you want pure martial skill with just a divine blessing as an addition, go Crusader 1/Cleric 4/Ruby Knight Vindicator 10/Doesn't Really Matter 5 (any class like Divine Disciple, Contemplative or such works here; if going Contemplative, drop the last level of Ruby Knight Vindicator and go Contemplative 6). That's a badass warrior on his own right with an added dose of incredible divine power.

Cleric 4/Ordained Champion 5/Bone Knight 10 [5 Nations; perhaps reflavor it more Draconic instead of Undead] or similar would be another solid build with very high BAB and lots of divine casting + lots of kickass. The last level could be anything that advances divine casting, to give him access to 9th level spells (I mean, c'mon, what divine champion is without Miracle?).