PDA

View Full Version : [3.5e] Shadowsworn

Sliver
2009-10-29, 06:45 AM
One of my players asked about playing some combination of rogues and spellcasters.. Remembering reading something about such, I showed him the book of Roguish Luck.. He liked the Shadowsworn..

So he wants to play a tiefling shadowsworn, it is a ECL 6 play.

The class looked pretty weak to me.. Nice spells but not many known spells, looks like it is focused on stealth, illusion and debuffs. But he doesn't do good damage like the rogue, and not as skill focused. Less options then the sorc, and the flaw of partial spellcaster so a weak spell progression.

Doesn't look really game breaking, nothing I should worry about.. But what does the playgrounders here say about it?

Also, I was looking at the "Sneakier attacks" and the luck system, any expirience with those? What is better? The luck system or the action point system? Using them both will give the players too much power?

Draken
2009-10-29, 07:45 AM
Never heard about it.

If you feel it is too weak, point him towards the Beguiler (Player Handbook II) or the Spellthief (Complete Adventurer), or both, with the Master Spellthief feat in Complete Scoundrel.

Foryn Gilnith
2009-10-29, 07:59 AM
It looks like a Monte Cook production. Though I can't really tell so much from this computer (censors), it seems like a partial caster. Gets evasion at 5th level.

Sliver
2009-10-29, 08:08 AM
It looks like a Monte Cook production. Though I can't really tell so much from this computer (censors), it seems like a partial caster. Gets evasion at 5th level.

Is there some change to the class? 5th level is a dead level as far as I can see.. And he doesn't get evasion at all..

The class doesn't get that many features I think.. partial casting, SA equal to level/3 (1d6 at 3rd, 2d6 6th), Makes his shadow a familiar at 4th, summons shadows and some other tricks like shadow walk(19th), and 20th level he gets shapechange into a shadow, at will..

Foryn Gilnith
2009-10-29, 11:08 AM
Again, I don't own the book. I just saw a blurb on Google saying that it got 5th-level evasion or somesuch.

It sounds like the spellthief, and you might want to combine them. Use some of the ToM shadowcaster fluff to represent your controlling of the spell's shadow or some nonsense to steal spells.