PDA

View Full Version : To all the Michiganders in the Playground

Solaris
2009-10-29, 12:22 PM
You get the joke.
The rest of you can enjoy your unemployment rates below one-third population.

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/8872/captureza.jpg

Silence
2009-10-29, 04:03 PM
When you see it, you will be mildly amused.

Solaris
2009-10-29, 04:04 PM
But only mildly.

Mr. Mud
2009-10-29, 05:08 PM
Didn't see it at first... Just did now. Almost as good as the one I see a few years ago; this was in OOTS Discussion Forum:

Thread 1: Will Miko Return?
Thread 2: No, Shut up.

:smalltongue:

Solaris
2009-10-29, 06:27 PM
Hey, I remember that one. It was pretty funny.
We're old.

arguskos
2009-10-29, 06:48 PM
Oh poor poor Michigan, being known as Ohio's northern neighbor since forever. :smalltongue:

Also, I'm surprised no one's tossed out the obligatory "when you see it, you'll **** bricks" reference. :smallwink:

Mr. Mud
2009-10-29, 06:52 PM
We're old.

*sits down in a rocking chair, and reminisces back to when nickles could dinners*

Care to join? :smallwink:

Roland St. Jude
2009-10-29, 07:00 PM
Amusing. Too bad that PEACH thread was in the way. You could have had a nice run of three thread titles there.

Oh poor poor Michigan, being known as Ohio's northern neighbor since forever. :smalltongue:

Ah yes, Ohio, proud home of the...well, famous for it's lovely...um, filled with people who are...let's see how I can explain our fair state... aha! We do hate Michigan!

Mr. Mud
2009-10-29, 07:03 PM
Amusing. Too bad that PEACH thread was in the way. You could have had a nice run of three thread titles there.

Ah yes, Ohio, proud home of the...well, famous for it's lovely...um, filled with people who are...let's see how I can explain our fair state... aha! We do hate Michigan!

Might have been funnier, if PEACH wasn't at the end of thread :smalltongue:.

Innis Cabal
2009-10-29, 07:03 PM
Come on...Ohio has plenty we can talk about and be proud of. The Wright Brothers...The Rock Hall of Fame? Devo?

Solaris
2009-10-29, 07:06 PM

Also, I'm surprised no one's tossed out the obligatory "when you see it, you'll **** bricks" reference. :smallwink:

Silence did.

*sits down in a rocking chair, and reminisces back to when nickles could dinners*

Care to join? :smallwink:

Ehh, just gimme a minute. Takes a while for these old joints, y'know?

Thes Hunter
2009-10-29, 09:03 PM
When asking about the commute times from the suburbs into downtown Detroit, I was told this by a friend:

"Oh it's fine, it's not like it used to be. No one has jobs now."

skywalker
2009-10-29, 09:11 PM
We're old.

*Commiserates* Turnover rate on these forums is weird...

Come on...Ohio has plenty we can talk about and be proud of. The Wright Brothers...The Rock Hall of Fame? Devo?

I like to postulate that rock music tends to gestate where life is... less than perfect. No big rockers coming out of Hawaii, if you notice. No, rock comes from places like Cleveland, Detroit, Birmingham, etc.

When asking about the commute times from the suburbs into downtown Detroit, I was told this by a friend:

That's a tough one...

AngelSword
2009-10-29, 09:12 PM
We're old.

That's cute. You think you're old.:smalltongue:

Solaris
2009-10-29, 11:39 PM

... At least we still have the Li-, no, they suck. Tig-, no they're lousy. Pi-, wait, they're just mediocre. Oh, right. Red Wings.
At least we still have the Wings.

*Commiserates* Turnover rate on these forums is weird...

More than you know. I got turnedover for a good year or two before coming back.

I like to postulate that rock music tends to gestate where life is... less than perfect. No big rockers coming out of Hawaii, if you notice. No, rock comes from places like Cleveland, Detroit, Birmingham, etc.

Good art is an expression of real suffering. Not whining, but to really touch someone with your words, music, and images you have to have known real pain and hardship in your life.

That's a tough one...

Eh, traffic used to be killer. Now it's just the gangs.

That's cute. You think you're old.:smalltongue:

Yes, well, we can't all be necromantic abominations now can we?