PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) (Tob) Tragedy Leads to Comedy (Feat) [PEACH]

DracoDei
2009-10-29, 02:22 PM
This is to avoid necro-ing my Falling Anvil discipline thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122824)*while still getting some feed-back on the specific feat. This is Falling Anvil's equivalent to Devoted Bulwark/Desert Wind Dodge/Falling Sun Attack/White Raven Defense/etc and will be the pre-requisite for a tactical feat if and when I can come up with one.

*Which I am NOT abandoning, I am just haven't been inspired in that particular direction lately.

Tragedy Leads to Comedy
You know how to turn your pain into your team-mate's laughter.
Prerequisites: One Falling Anvil Stance
Benefits: Whenever you take damage from an enemy while in a Falling Anvil stance, if you laugh it off, or scream in an amusing manner or otherwise ham it up both visually and auditorially (a free action that can be taken immediately as soon as you take the damage). If you do so, then all allies (but NOT you yourself) who can both see and hear you gain a +1 morale bonus to all saves until the end of your next turn. Alternatively you may elect to roll a d6 for morale bonus equal to your charisma modifier for said team-mates on the following chart.
Roll|Applies to
1-2|Fortitude
3-4|Reflex
5-6|Will

I think this might actually be a bit underpowered because Falling Anvil is a Sword-sage discipline, and so taking damage is not generally something they want to be doing much, unlike a Crusader (who gets bonuses from his class abilities for it), or a Warblade (d12 HD). Also, if something JUST attacks for damage, or most of its threat is based around save-or-suck/lose/die without doing damage (until it has everyone disabled perhaps), then this is useless.

DracoDei
2009-10-30, 11:40 PM
Beefed it up a bit (at least in most cases) and am bumping for feedback.

Random bonus is now +Charisma Modifier, rather than a flat +2.