PDA

View Full Version : Arcane Dilettante and Quicken Spell-Like Ability

Gametime
2009-10-29, 04:29 PM
In the Playground's opinion, does Arcane Dilettante count as a single spell-like ability for the purposes of Quicken Spell-Like Ability, or would each individual spell you prepare be a separate spell-like for the purposes of the feat?

The ability is listed with a handy (Sp) next to it, which seems to indicate that the entire ability is spell-like, but I'm not sure if it's just intended to be like the "Spell-like abilities:" section monsters get.

Korivan
2009-10-29, 09:17 PM
I believe AD covers how metamagic works directly in the section in Dungeonscape. So no, it doesn't, look at the last paragraph describing it.

Gametime
2009-10-30, 06:30 PM
Quicken Spell-Like Ability isn't a metamagic feat. There's no reason to think rules applying to metamagic apply to Quicken Spell-Like Ability.

Lycanthromancer
2009-10-30, 06:45 PM
Arcane Dilettante is a single spell-like ability. Quicken/Widen/etc Spell-Like Ability feats would work similarly to the Sudden metamagic feats (only more than 1/day). Which isn't totally out of line, because factotums tend to be considerably less powerful than mages even so.

I noticed this some time ago; it's a nice trick to have up your sleeve.