PDA

View Full Version : Kalitharsis, Walking in the Wastelands

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Emperor Ing
2009-12-31, 02:27 PM
Oh no I completely understand it is just... *shrug* Even though I more than know what one would need to do to survive, it does not mean you must like it. But nevertheless, do what you will. If it is alright with you, would you mind my doing business with your caravan?

Jair Barik
2009-12-31, 02:46 PM
"Business is always business and...." Dardan looks around, a slightly bemused expression on his face. He sniffs the air and rolls his tongue around.

"We are going gentlemen. NOW. Bazbu get the bodies everyone else back up the dunes!" there is a slight tone of urgency in Dardan's otherwise calm voice. His mount begins climbing back up the dune as he returns to his tent, his men all move back performing a defensive lign between you and Dardan, the man with the whip, the kobold and the Lizardman all move back forming a close knit group near Dardan and the second beast quickly hoists a couple of bodies onto its back.

Emperor Ing
2009-12-31, 02:49 PM
Stiekel will try to take a look around to see if there's anything that can pose any imminent danger.

Jair Barik
2009-12-31, 02:55 PM
There doesn't appear to be any immediate danger. Your camel has been abandoned by Dardan's men who are all quickly mounting over the dunes rise, with only the second of the beasts not yet near to finish clearing it. You suddenly hear a sinister and wet voice at your ear

"Dardan you coward... Always quick to run from a good fight aren't you...."

Emperor Ing
2009-12-31, 02:57 PM
Stiekel freezes, her thoughts racing in terror. Without turning, she says...
Greetings.

Jair Barik
2009-12-31, 03:04 PM
You turn to face the desert air.

"You do smell gooooood..... How simple it would be to end your pathetic existance right here..... Right now. Unflatering things were said, feelings were hurt and your...allegiances.... were made abundantly clear. Give me one good reason not to swat you off of the face of the earth?"

The voice whispers in your ear and something cold and slimy is felt upon your scales, close to your ear.

Emperor Ing
2009-12-31, 03:07 PM
...what is this monster? She has clearly not gone mad as Dardan's flight made this creature's existence abundantly clear.
...what do you want?

Jair Barik
2009-12-31, 03:14 PM
"Justice. What else? You are nothing but a bug to me. So do I kill you now or let the inevitable occur..."

The last of Dardan's crew ake it over the rise.

Emperor Ing
2009-12-31, 03:15 PM
She turns slightly to see the creature.

Jair Barik
2009-12-31, 03:20 PM
There is nothing to see. Silence hangs upon the desert air, you and your camel are alone in the ruined village.

Emperor Ing
2009-12-31, 03:22 PM
What...what are you?
Justice for what? If I am a bug to you what could I have done to upset you?

Jair Barik
2009-12-31, 03:28 PM
There is no answer. A small creature starts hopping towards you through the wreckage of the buildings, not even larger than a cat or a pet lizard.

Emperor Ing
2009-12-31, 03:30 PM
Okay, whatever this thing is, it is either a grand trick, or she is royally skrewed. Taking no chances, Stiekel decides it is best to keep her distance from it.

Jair Barik
2009-12-31, 03:40 PM
It moves towards you. It appears to be an unpleasantly fleshy squirrel with a half dozen tentacles, and a couple of bulbous lumps of skin on its body it looks at you and flicks a long sinewy tongue at you.

Emperor Ing
2009-12-31, 03:42 PM
...do you speak?

Jair Barik
2009-12-31, 03:48 PM
It opens its mouth and lets out a shrill piercing cry that echoes around the village. It doesn't cease and the creatures mouth begins to tear at the sides, blood dripping from its eyes and ears, its flesh almost breaking.

Emperor Ing
2009-12-31, 03:51 PM
Run. Bu-RUN!! Don't think, run. Dardan had the right idea.
Following Dardan's lead, Stiekel runs towards her camel, mounts, and then goads it into going towards the capital city as fast as it can.

Jair Barik
2009-12-31, 03:58 PM
As you reach the top of the dune you notice two things. Ahead of you Dardan's caravan is making great speed south. It consists of a number of camels and at least five large caravan carts and numerous men, much more than came to see you. You cannot spot Dardan but at least four of his creatures move amongst the carts. Secondly you spot a large black and brown mass moving along the dunes behind you. Still some distance away but clearly moving with swarm like qualities.

Emperor Ing
2009-12-31, 04:24 PM
She will keep moving, if at all possible.

Jair Barik
2009-12-31, 04:59 PM
Youy make it to the road, you can no longer see the swarm but the road heads north and south.

Emperor Ing
2009-12-31, 05:30 PM
Remembering the capital is north, she heads in that direction.

Jair Barik
2010-01-01, 04:17 AM
About five minutes down the road you hear an explosion behind you. Back at the stone post the dune appears to have exploded outwards and shapes seem to be moving out of the wreckage.

Emperor Ing
2010-01-01, 07:21 AM
Stiekel tries to keep going. Maybe not rushing but still moving north.

Jair Barik
2010-01-01, 02:54 PM
The creatures appear to be running both directions along the road, they are still too far off to make out clearly.

Emperor Ing
2010-01-01, 04:08 PM
Well, since they're no imminent threat, no need to rush. She'll continue north anyways.

Jair Barik
2010-01-03, 11:58 AM
(Is your camel moving at its base speed or running?)

Emperor Ing
2010-01-03, 01:10 PM
(Base speed, occasionally she'll take quick glances in all directions in case there's any imminent or lingering threats)

Jair Barik
2010-01-04, 06:30 AM
The creatures seem to be slowly gaining on you and your camel. As they draw nearer you realise they are the same beasts that attacked the fort.

Emperor Ing
2010-01-04, 09:33 AM
A God or otherwise malevolent, omnipotent, and omniscent entity creates these creatures on a whim? Suddenly this begins to make more sense. Run camel, run damn you! Stiekel tries to goad the camel to pick up the pace.

Jair Barik
2010-01-04, 10:33 AM
Your camel moves onwards at great speed and soon the creatures are lefrt behind. After about 5 minutes of hard running though your camel begins to slow and its movement becomes more irregular.

Emperor Ing
2010-01-04, 04:21 PM
Let the creature rest, hopefully those monsters are as tired by the chase as this camel is.
Stiekel stays on the camel and let it move into a comfortable pace.

Jair Barik
2010-01-04, 05:29 PM
How long do you intend to travel north?

Emperor Ing
2010-01-05, 10:19 AM
If the creatures cease the pursuit, then not far. It would probably be wiser to rest by day and travel by night.

Jair Barik
2010-01-05, 02:31 PM
You travel north for another half hour. Ahead of you there is a strange rippling shape headed towards you, perhaps a trick of the heat, nehind you you can see dark shapes upon the horizon.

Emperor Ing
2010-01-05, 03:51 PM
She continues, keeping an eye on both the rear, and any nearby dunes to take shelter behind in the event that this thing is a real sandstorm.

Jair Barik
2010-01-06, 04:31 AM
There are a number of moderately sized dunes. The shape is approaching you. It appears to hover above the ground and is large and white.

Emperor Ing
2010-01-06, 06:16 AM
Stiekel decides to not take chances and take cover behind the largest dune before the figure can potentally be a threat.

Jair Barik
2010-01-06, 06:42 AM
The 'figure' continues down the road even after you begin climbing the dunes. By the time you make it over you can see that it is much bigger than just being a person, the heat distorting quite how far away from you it is. Though still some distance away it is moving down the road with great speed and looks bigger with each passing second.

Emperor Ing
2010-01-06, 09:29 AM
She takes cover.

Jair Barik
2010-01-06, 10:05 AM
(Do you hide behind it completely or watch over the top? If the first how long do you hide for?)

Emperor Ing
2010-01-06, 12:50 PM
Watch over the top until she is sure what that white hovering thing is

Jair Barik
2010-01-06, 12:57 PM
As it nears you begin to disbelieve your eyes. You have heard of these strange contraptions before but never seen one before as they are only really used by the forest or the Senate of Aol, perhaps a few of the other cultures near the rivers. You believe it is called a boat... and the white thing is its sail...

Emperor Ing
2010-01-06, 01:17 PM
Such an alien contraption...what is it doing here? Of all places?! Is this an aspect of that....invisible monster from earlier?!? Stiekel is right to fear the unknown, it is what has kept sentient ((Sapient, whatever)) beings alive for as long as they have.

Jair Barik
2010-01-06, 02:00 PM
There is a screeching sound in the air as something hurtles forward from the boat. It hits the opposite dune which explodes into fire. A second screech erupts and something flies towards you through the air, large grey, with tusks and a trunk.

Emperor Ing
2010-01-06, 05:16 PM
((They're shooting...elephants at the dunes? :smalltongue: ))
Stiekel intentionally falls backwards, trying to take cover behind the dune.

Jair Barik
2010-01-07, 04:23 AM
Something hits the dune your sitting behind. Oddly the sand has turned purple with green polka dots. You hear the sound of the elephant flying past your dune and quickly the ship flies past you. Small kobold figures whooping and shouting from various ropes and riggings. It is only now that you realise that the ship appears to be flying.

Emperor Ing
2010-01-07, 09:36 AM
What the hell is going on here? This is obviously some sort of trick to test Stiekel's perception of reality. Nevertheless, she has her attention on the kobolds from the flying ship.

Jair Barik
2010-01-07, 10:48 AM
From your position you can see that the boat now hurtles onwards towards the advancing mass of creatures that persues you, strange metal cylinders upon its deck firing off strange blasts of energy as it flies.

Emperor Ing
2010-01-07, 03:00 PM
After suffering from a small case of bewilderment, Stiekel will gather herself after assessing the magical contraption as not a threat, and continue on.

Jair Barik
2010-01-08, 05:09 AM
Leading your camel back over the dune you continue back north, the sound of screaming and battle filling the air behind you. About two minutes in you hear a loud creaking sound as the boat begins to turn about, the hordes of the enemy still beneath it.

(Whats your HP atm? 2?)

Emperor Ing
2010-01-08, 06:36 AM
(She drank the healing potion so I believe it's back up to 20)
Okay, she's obviously overstayed her welcome on the dune. She mounts the camel yet again and continues onward.

Jair Barik
2010-01-08, 07:59 AM
The boat follows you and flies just to the side of your camel. A voice calls out from above.

"ello down there! Need a hand?"

Emperor Ing
2010-01-08, 08:04 AM
Stiekel turns to the...boat, that's what it is called right? So many questions...so little time...little time indeed. On the bright side, judging from their previous actions if they wanted to kill her they would have easily done so already.
Do you mind if we come aboard?

Jair Barik
2010-01-08, 09:17 AM
There is some muttering above and then a rope falls down beside your moving camel.

Emperor Ing
2010-01-08, 05:13 PM
Stiekel grabs the rope, hanging for a moment expecting to be pulled up.

Jair Barik
2010-01-08, 05:42 PM
The rope hoists you upwards and off of the camel. A set of kobold hands reach out to help you over the edge and onto the ships deck. Two large masts rise up from it and kobolds run about the deck pulling ropes and tying knots. At the ships wheel is a short kobold in a long red coat clearly too long for him, a large hat with exotic bird feathers and a cutlass strapped to his belt. He has an air of authority about him and has a spyglass close at hand.

The kobolds, including the one who has helped you up are all dressed in a similar fashion to one another with various red ribbons or bandannas giving a sense of unity to them.

"Welcome to The Falknia mam" says the kobold helping you up. He bows and grins a smile with several teeth missing.

Emperor Ing
2010-01-09, 09:17 AM
Well this is nothing short of bizarre, however she could consider herself lucky these ones did not choose to kill her, and she is not at the mercy of those...monsters. Nevertheless, it is only wise to make the most of this.
She smiles back and nods slightly. Thank you, now what of my camel?

Jair Barik
2010-01-09, 11:39 AM
"If youv'e got anything on it we can send a man down but the ships not really meant for picking up animals on the fly." the kobold frowns and looks down at the mount, motioning another man over.

Emperor Ing
2010-01-11, 01:19 PM
Well this is quite a predicament, all of Stiekel's items are on her person, so the camel is...useless now. I have all I need.

Jair Barik
2010-01-11, 01:38 PM
The Kobold nods. "Good. Captain, all safe!"

he bellows the last three words and the behatted kobold smiles in aknowledgement, swinging the wheel left causing the ship to sharply turn towards the dunes as a sudden burst of wind in the sails sends it soaring upwards and over them leaving camel and monsters behind. A few last bursts of light from the metal cylinders fire off at the enemy but then cease as the captain leaves the wheel.

"Gentlemen! We have done a good days work! The enemies of creation itself have met with a thrashing the likes of which their survivors shall shurly remember. We lost a few good men though, Kada, Shillq and Tavra, and so I would like you to spend a minute in silence tonight down in the mess hall, you understand me?" the captains voive is slightly nasal, and yet at the same time is deeply charasmatic, holding a firm grip over the crewmen.

"Aye Aye Captain!" they roar back as one.

"Good, good. Be about yer work the lot of you I have some business to attend to!"

the crew set about various tasks and the captain, smiling, walks towards you.

Emperor Ing
2010-01-12, 09:55 AM
Stiekel tries to be friendly, since this rather unexpected incident, many questions have been running through her mind.
Greetings.

Jair Barik
2010-01-12, 11:07 AM
"Greetings ta you too. I believe introductions are in order though. I am captain Tait Skyshredder, dread pirate extraordinare, scourge of the desert and slayer of abominations, held on retainer by people undisclosed. Now how about you eh? Who are you, where are you going and where are you coming from? You were headed north but it seems unlikely you came from the south... You were spotted just north of of Sandy Healt, given the season..... hmmm.... time of year.... Girzi perhaps? No Girzi doesn't have a tongue and Dradan wouldn't send somebody up out of uniform.... perhaps trading with him? No... no no no.... thats all wrong.... Running away and getting cut off by the enemy? Maybe.... plausible.... certainly most likely.... No! I am confounded. I have no idea who you are and so you muse introduce yourself if you want to stay aboard."

though initially quite charming Tait's speach quickly devolves into him muttering to himself until he finally turns to you with a smile and asks once more for your name.

Emperor Ing
2010-01-13, 10:06 AM
Despite this person's ramblings, Stiekel still tries to be friendly. She smiles at him and says You can call me Stiekel. Drifter and pyrokineticist extraordinare, held in retainer by persons disclosed as me, myself, and I.

Jair Barik
2010-01-13, 10:50 AM
Tait smiles back

"Well then thats half of the wuestion out of the way isn't it? What remains of course is where you are going and where you are coming from, eh?"

behind him the wheel adjusts itself slightly and the ships seems to turn accordingly. Only slightly but just enough for you to notice.

Emperor Ing
2010-01-13, 01:08 PM
Stiekel looks down slightly, hesitating a bit. Well I was heading towards the capital city I cannot remember what the name of it is and I came from Fort Dust Hollow just a day ago.

Jair Barik
2010-01-13, 05:37 PM
Tait frowns.

"And yet you came south instead of headed north? Why? What drove you to take this course of action instead of heading straight for the city? That would certainly have been my first decision, to head north as opposed to south, a journey that would only lead me further from my goal."

Emperor Ing
2010-01-14, 08:57 AM
*shrug* Well I was hoping to get some supplies from the closerby town, only when I got there the place was already...destroyed.

Jair Barik
2010-01-14, 12:40 PM
Tait nods a couple of times and looks thoughtful.

"True, true... But why not pick up supplies from the fort itself? Also how do you intend to get to the city now?"

Emperor Ing
2010-01-14, 03:43 PM
I do not know, as a drifter I can go wherever, so I suppose I am stuck with you for the time being.

Jair Barik
2010-01-14, 04:10 PM
"Hmm."

Tait looks slightly solemn and stares blankly over the side of the ship.

"That could be problematic. The crew are all expected to work, there may be resentment if you don't pull your weight. We will be headed back to Sharadew soon and we can drop you off there or if you want to join the crew that could be possible. I am a savy man Stiekel, I do little rashly. For the time being you will have the firstmates quarters, they are good quality and while you are guest here they will serve you well, this should also prevented argument amongst the crew as to who gets to use them and should delay my decision until we reach the capital at the very least, Gods know that Kada won't be needing them anymore. As well as the firstmate we also lost Shillq and Tavra, a canoneer and lookout respectively, there should be no disent over their bunks as they are the crows nest and a hammock."

Emperor Ing
2010-01-14, 06:15 PM
Stiekel smiles briefly. Sharadew would be sufficient, thank you very much again.

Jair Barik
2010-01-15, 04:35 AM
"Good, we have a small matter of business to attend to first but we should be able to make it back to the capital in.... 3 days tops. Now then if that is all one of the crew can show you to your quarters."

Emperor Ing
2010-01-15, 07:09 AM
Stiekel speaks almost immediately after Tait stops. Actually I have a few questions if you do not mind...

Jair Barik
2010-01-15, 07:34 AM
About to turn away from you he now comes to face you once more.

"Oh? What like?"

Emperor Ing
2010-01-15, 09:05 AM
Well..first off...I have never seen a...boat I think it is called before, but the stories say they float on...water not fly through the air...so...why does this one do that?

Jair Barik
2010-01-15, 09:17 AM
Tait smiles knowingly.

"That my friend is a trade secret. These ships of the air, aren't particularly uncommon. Just before the scourging they were quite numerous, a valuable form of transport for small strike squadrons and for important people during the wars. Of course to find one that still works... that is considerably harder. Many have been dug up but only a handfull still in working condition, most of the timbers for this one had to be replaced, amongst other things. A couple of times at the very least a working one has been dug up but its finder has know idea what it is and so takes it apart and sells off the pieces seperately, at least one man I have heard of tried to reverse engineer it using pieces from various digs across the world yet for some reason it would not work. Who knows how it functions, what makes it do what it can do, how to build another? It is an art I believe lost to the races for good."

Emperor Ing
2010-01-15, 09:56 AM
Stiekel smiles in response. A trade secret is not a secret if you tell someone.

Jair Barik
2010-01-15, 09:59 AM
Tait smiles back

"But it remains a trade secret if you only tell somebody a fraction of your knowledge on the subject. Where there any other questions you had?"

Emperor Ing
2010-01-15, 10:00 AM
What else do you know about these boats?

Jair Barik
2010-01-15, 11:40 AM
Tait laughs.

"What did I just say? If I told you any of the really good stuff it would hardly be a secret anymore. Needless to say this is the only one that sees common use nowdays, the others mostly held by private collectors."

Emperor Ing
2010-01-16, 06:48 AM
The fact that you know more than what you told me is pretty suprising actually. If you tell me, it could work towards a new age where floating boats are commonplace.
Her eyes move to match his, as her words subtley become nigh irresistable to resist and her will undeniable.

She casts Silent Still Charm Person

Jair Barik
2010-01-16, 11:46 AM
Tait chuckles.

"You seem yo be implying that I want everyone to have devices such as mine. No that would never do! I would no longer have the market cornered and it could potentially cause a lot of problems for the world in general. Especially the kobolds."

Emperor Ing
2010-01-16, 12:14 PM
((Doncha have to roll Will save?))

Jair Barik
2010-01-16, 12:35 PM
(Anymore quetions)

Well you really shouldn't be reading this now should you? :smallannoyed:

Emperor Ing
2010-01-16, 12:37 PM
((quick question...

wut?))

Jair Barik
2010-01-16, 12:43 PM
(okay then, evidently you have forgotten that you aren't meant to reader spoilers unless they are labelled as being for you, thats fine everyone forgets from time to time. The intentionb of that spoiler was to imply I had rolled dice when in reality I hadn't. Tait has some sort of effect on him that prevented your spell from working but Stiekel doesn't know this, nor though is Tait aware that you have attempted to cast a spell on him)

Emperor Ing
2010-01-16, 01:02 PM
((K))
Hmm....fine. Stiekel doesn't know where to go with this.

Jair Barik
2010-01-16, 01:04 PM
"Well then if that is all I can have one of the crew show you to your quarters."

Emperor Ing
2010-01-16, 01:08 PM
That will be all, and thank you again.

Jair Barik
2010-01-16, 01:11 PM
Tait nods at one of the crew men who stands nearby. He walks over and Tait has a few quiet words with him. Tait then walks off headed back to the wheel.

The other Kobold wears a black bandanna and has a cutlass attatched to his belt. "I understand I am meant to take you to Kadas quarters yes?"

Emperor Ing
2010-01-16, 05:32 PM
Stiekel turns to the kobold and nods. That is correct.

Jair Barik
2010-01-17, 04:43 AM
"Follow me then..."

he walks towards a door built into a raised portion of the ship and opens it motioning for you to follow.

Emperor Ing
2010-01-17, 10:28 AM
Stiekel goes inside and looks around briefly.

Jair Barik
2010-01-17, 11:51 AM
The door opens into a stairwell. The other kobold motions you to follow him again and walks down the stairs, opening a door at the bottom. Another door is opposite this one one the other side of the wall.

Emperor Ing
2010-01-18, 07:22 AM
She follows him to that room that he opened the door to.

Jair Barik
2010-01-18, 08:10 AM
The room is a small cabin with a hammok on one wall, a small desk, chair and a porthole on the wall which doesn't appear to be openable. There is a harpoon on the wall above the hammok and a pair of tubes next to the desk. One red, one blue, the red one has an open hole in it, the blue one has a small latch and door, both tubes are about a fists width. There is some paper and a vial of ink on the desk but otherwise very little of note, a couple of stone paper weights nothing more. Finally there is a small chest which the Kobold has picked up having dropped your belongings next to it.

"I'll go get you a replacement, make yourself at home." he walks past you and makes to leave back up the stairs.

Emperor Ing
2010-01-18, 12:19 PM
Stiekel does as she is advised to do, taking off her hood and sitting down on the chair.

Jair Barik
2010-01-18, 12:30 PM
After a short while the kobold returns with a similar chest and places it next to your belongings. "Dinner will be served later in the evening. There be a call when its ready. If that is all I will take my leave of you. I have been given no instructions as to what you may do but I believe with the exception of the captains quarters and any locked doors none of the ship will be out of bounds."

Emperor Ing
2010-01-21, 07:43 AM
Stiekel turns to the other kobold. That will be all, thank you.

Jair Barik
2010-01-21, 07:50 AM
The kobold takes his leave of you, closing the door behind himself and leaving you alone in the room.

Emperor Ing
2010-01-22, 04:42 PM
After a minute, Stiekel decides to explore the rest of the ship.

Jair Barik
2010-01-22, 06:05 PM
(Anywhere in specific?)

Emperor Ing
2010-01-23, 06:40 AM
Not particularly, but Stiekel will try to make her way back up to the deck.

Jair Barik
2010-01-24, 07:30 AM
Making your way back onto the deck you notice the crew are surprisingly at home in the air despite trationally living underground. There are twp sets of sails both with ropesleading up them, and the ships wheel is mounted up towards the back of the ship, a pair of staircases lead up to it and a door sits beneath it. There are four of the metal cylinders (two one each side) and large quantities of rope and other such things you cannot recognise the purpose of.

Emperor Ing
2010-01-25, 01:04 PM
Naturally curious, she will check out the metal cylinders, careful not to touch anything to avoid any...accidents.

Jair Barik
2010-01-25, 05:29 PM
The cylinders are hollow and mounted upon wheels. They are quite long and appear very heavy, it would take several Kobolds to move one. Next to each is a pile of wooden balls, stacked together in a barrel.

Emperor Ing
2010-01-26, 03:31 PM
She will try to pick one of the balls up and look at it.

Jair Barik
2010-01-26, 03:49 PM
It appears to be a plain wooden ball, hollow on the inside and just large enoughn to fit into one of the cylinders. It is relatively light weight and doesn't feel (or sound) as though it has anything inside.

Emperor Ing
2010-01-26, 04:59 PM
Stiekel will put the ball back and look around for any kobolds that look the least busy and ask them about the metal thingie.

Jair Barik
2010-01-27, 05:47 PM
There is a kobold nearby polishing one of the cylinders innards. He looks your best bet for information. He only has one hand though, the other replaced with a dagger embedded into a wooden lump on the end of his arm.

OOC: like the new avatar.

Emperor Ing
2010-01-28, 10:48 AM
Stiekel goes up to the kobold, and pauses for a second before saying
Oh hello.

((Kurien does make very good avatars))

Jair Barik
2010-01-28, 11:13 AM
The Kobold nods at you and grunts an affirmation that he has heard you speak, but he continues with his work on the cylinder, meticulous in his maintenance of it.

Emperor Ing
2010-01-28, 03:30 PM
Stiekel leans a bit back.
So...can you tell me what this does?

Jair Barik
2010-01-28, 04:08 PM
"The cannon? It shoots stuff. You put the ball in the hole, aim, fire and then... stuff happens. Don't know how it works myself. Only the captain really knows anything much about the ship. The firstamte might have known some stuff about the ship but other than him... Well... maybe... nah....or? Never mind you don't want to hear it."

Emperor Ing
2010-01-28, 05:06 PM
Stiekel nods
Oh no by all means, please continue.
and makes a jesture to continue.

Jair Barik
2010-01-29, 12:56 PM
The kobold looks embarassed, or perhaps guilty its hard to say.

"No its nothing really. Nothing at all."

Emperor Ing
2010-01-29, 03:29 PM
Stiekel looks pretty puzzled.
Why do I get the feeling that everyone here is hiding something? There has to be one person on this ship that is less hidey.

Jair Barik
2010-01-29, 03:46 PM
"Well its not like... i mean... I don't know... Maybe you'll find out this evening maybe not, its just not my place to tell you really"

Emperor Ing
2010-01-30, 11:38 AM
Stiekel's mind begins to race about what's so special about this evening.
What is going on this evening?

Jair Barik
2010-01-30, 12:59 PM
"Errr dinner? I just meant that if the captain wants to tell you anything then he's most likely to do so at dinner. To be honest he hasn't said much about you, wether we can trust you or anything like that."

Emperor Ing
2010-01-30, 05:04 PM
Hmm. Well, what do you think of me so far?

Jair Barik
2010-01-31, 03:24 AM
The Kobold shrugs.

"Can't really tell. You seem nice enough. But you do ask a lot of questions. An questions can sometimes lead to a sticky end."

Emperor Ing
2010-01-31, 08:01 AM
Well then you know if you have any questions for me you can ask.

Jair Barik
2010-01-31, 10:57 AM
"Aye but how would I know you were telling the truth? I think I'll let the captain ask the questions for the time bein."

Emperor Ing
2010-02-01, 06:36 AM
A chill rushes up Stiekel's spine as she does her best to suppress the urge to shake in response. Hmm, sure.

Jair Barik
2010-02-01, 06:59 AM
"Now if youll excuse me I have work to be doin." with that the kobold continues his cleaning.

Over the side of the ship you can see the desert rushing past beneath you. Large shapes occasionally burst from its surface only to submerge themselves beneath the sands once more and in the air there are a few birds of sorts visible though their size and distance from you is unkown.

Emperor Ing
2010-02-04, 10:42 AM
Stiekel will likely become entranced looking over the side of this...mysterious vessel.

Jair Barik
2010-02-04, 12:12 PM
The desert is generally quite barren but you do notice creatures that would normally be a threat seem to steer well clear of the ship. Dire specimens of bird keep a wide birth despite the number of kobolds out in the open upon its deck.

After a few minutes something catches your eye in the near distance. It appears to be some sort of a smoke signal coming from a circle of objects, caravans perhaps. The distance you have so far moved tells you this is highly unlikely to be Dardans caravan or the caravan that left you at the oasis.

Emperor Ing
2010-02-08, 12:39 PM
She takes a special notice on the caravan, trying to keep an eye on it.

Jair Barik
2010-02-08, 01:18 PM
It appears too far off to make out any major detail but the fire and the circular formation is odd, perhaps noteworthy. They don't appear to be moving so it could just be they have decided to make camp in the middle of the day. Regardless Tait either hasn't noticed them or is uninterested as the ships course remains steady.

Emperor Ing
2010-02-08, 03:23 PM
She goes over to Tait. Hey, uh, are those common? Looking at the smoke.

Jair Barik
2010-02-08, 05:20 PM
Tait looks over briefly then turns back to the wheel.

"The smokes probably a distress signal or somethings caught fire. At a guess I'd say the circle is to offer them more protection by forming a defensive ring. Its a fairly common tactic."

Emperor Ing
2010-02-08, 05:25 PM
Against what, specifically?

Jair Barik
2010-02-08, 06:21 PM
Tait shrugs his shoulders.

"Bandits, the undead perhaps, maybe some desert animals, possibly even these strange creatures we've been seeing around lately. The ones that attacked the fort and the road."

Emperor Ing
2010-02-10, 09:08 PM
Stiekel glances quickly at Tait.
Undead? I thought those were all but destroyed in the Scourging.

Jair Barik
2010-02-11, 03:22 AM
"Well most of the smart ones were. You still get pockets of infestation beneath the sand. Dead bodies infused with magical life that simply wait for the time that a group of travellers past over their resting place. Its a problem but there is little anyone can do to stop it from happening."

Emperor Ing
2010-02-11, 03:51 PM
Well there is a happy thought, traveling along the roads and you get swarmed by a horde of walking corpses not long later.

Jair Barik
2010-02-11, 04:59 PM
"Hardly something we have to worry about. We do not disturb the sand in our flight and so the denizens of the sand rarely disturb us. If you have nothing more to say you may perhaps like to go and prepare for dinner. it will no doubt be ready shortly..."

Emperor Ing
2010-02-14, 09:34 AM
Something sends a chill down Stiekel's spine, she has the feeling these people...should be kept at a safe distance. Hm, alright. What time is it?

Jair Barik
2010-02-14, 01:06 PM
Tait shrugs. "Well I'm no astronomer but things are starting to get dark so dinner should be ready in approximately...3 seconds perhaps?"

The ships bell rings out almost immediately.

"There you go."

Tait steps away from the wheel and starts to move towards the stairs at a leisurely pace. Most ofthe crew do likewise but a few remain at their stations for the time being.

OOC: Who are you thinking should be kept at a distance exactly?

Emperor Ing
2010-02-14, 01:33 PM
((It just means stiekel doesn't seem to trust them, especially Tait.))

Waiting a few seconds intentionally, Stiekel then follows Tait down the steps.

Jair Barik
2010-02-14, 03:03 PM
Following Tait down the stairs and down through the door opposite your room you travel through a passage and on into the messhall. The room is filled by a single table with a number of chairs around it, hammocks tied to the walls (one directly above the other) and a few pots and work tops you assume to be acting as the kitchen. One of the crew pushes past you with a tray of bowls and heads back up stairs. it seems most of the crew are here gathered about the table, laughing talking and eating. There doesn't appear to be any particular seating hierarchy (some of the crew stand or lean on walls despite a number of free seats being available) bar that Tait has the largest chair at the end of the room (it is currently empty but he is moving towards it). Dinner appears to be bowls of broth, a murky beverage and a piece of bread. Assuming these and the crew upstairs are the entirety of the crew then you believe the entire crew to be made up of Kobolds (you see nothing to suggest otherwise here).

Emperor Ing
2010-02-17, 01:12 PM
Stiekel sits down in a chair that is closer to the middle than Tait, but still closer to Tait than the other end. She will then taste the food.

Jair Barik
2010-02-17, 04:57 PM
The food tastes adequate. It is far from being prepared by a master of fine cuisine but it is much better than you would expect to be cooked with what you can only assume is entirely trail rations and preserved foods. Tait for the moment seems to ignore you. He eats slowly using what appears to be a fine silver spoon and a knife (the knife being for the bread), a rarity in the world but even more so in the northern sands. The other kobolds pay some attention to you but none seem to openly engage in conversation on the subject, though occasional glances of a kobold's head flicking between Tait and you make it clear why. The crew is mostly male though there are a few female kobolds amongst them, most of the crew appear to be adult or mature adults with perhaps two or three young adults. You sincerely doubt that any of them are older than that, none bearing the signs of age common to elder more ancient kobolds.

Emperor Ing
2010-02-18, 12:24 PM
She will continue to eat at a reasonable to slow pace. Maybe she's just being paranoid but something doesn't feel right, it's probably not the food but...

Jair Barik
2010-02-18, 12:43 PM
After some time Tait puts down his cutlery and the room falls silent.

Slowly standing he addresses the present company in a slow and calm voice. "Gentlemen. As you all know we lost three members of our good crew earlier today to a threat currently unclear. We are unsure what this new enemy is bar that it does not come from the lands to the south and that it is doubtful that it comes from the East. We can only assume it came out of the dry flats, perhaps hidden within those impenetrable plateaus in caves unkown to living men, from underground perhaps in caverns lost to the world, from the mountain peaks of the eastland rocks or... from elsewhere altogether. Regardless of its origins all current plans and routes are to remain unchanged with the exception being that we next make ground at Sharadew instead of Folgrave, there being a much better point to search for new crew and there also to drop of our passenger. Our passenger will for the time being take the first mates quarters, I am yet to decide who will be promoted to that rank and intend to do so at Sharadew. This arangement is necessited both by common courtesy and by my own loyalty to you as my crew, it would be unfair to withold the room from use and equally unfair to give it to one who shared equal rank with so many of his fellows. This is my final decision on the matter. You are all free to go whenever you please."

Tait leaves his seat and heads towards a door at the back of the room, pulling a ring of keys from a pocket in his coat as he does so. Noise returns to the room and a few of the crew head back upstairs.

Emperor Ing
2010-02-19, 05:39 PM
Stiekel will finish her meal at a slightly quickened pace due to not wanting to be the oddball left at the table. A chill crawls up her spine due to her remembering the paranoia she had for what's going on and what passed off as odd. She should probably take some more things at face value. Nevertheless, letting her guard down would be foolish.

Once she is done, Stiekel will head up to the deck and look forward at the direction where they are traveling.

Jair Barik
2010-02-20, 11:01 AM
Going up onto the deck it doesn't appear that anyone is at the wheel. While you were in the dining hall Tait didn't return from going through the door at the back though so this isn't necessarily surprising. It seems as though the boat is continuing in a straight course but tgis is hard to tell for sure as the sun is now down and the desert is pretty much all the same. If you have ever been here before you can't tell. It is starting to chill off by now, the desert much colder as night comes.

Emperor Ing
2010-02-24, 07:27 AM
Stiekel will watch over the side at the sands and dunes sinking under the ship. After a bit of this she will return to her provisional quarters and attempt to rest for the night.

Jair Barik
2010-02-24, 10:45 AM
You rest quite peacefully. The boat flies smoothly and awaking you almost forget where you are, thinking yourself back upon the ground for a few moments before recollecting the strangeness of the day just gone. When you left to bed the captain was still yet to return from below deck. Waking up now you are sure it is day (you feel perfectly refreshed) but it is still dark outside the window and you can see nothing through it. The ship is also oddly quiet, it seems perfectly still and calm as though it is no longer moving and you are the only person upon it.

Emperor Ing
2010-02-26, 05:14 AM
Stiekel takes this rare commodity to its maximum potental. She'll go onto the deck again, looking out at the desertscape in this rare moment of peace that even now seems alien in this cut-throat world.

Jair Barik
2010-02-26, 12:54 PM
Walking into the stairway you notice the ship feels cold, its innards only illuminated by a single lamp despite the door at the top of the stairs being wide open. As you exit onto the deck you see that most of the crew appear to be up here, heavily wrapped in dark robes so that only Tait can be telled apart from the rest (and this only due to his hat). They appear uneasy though and none make a sound, it appears nobody is yet to notice you though as they are all focused elsewhere, their eyes looking out into.... wow.

The reason the ship is so dark is that it is surrounded completely by a thick mass of fog that casts a darkness of sorts all across the deck. The illumination up here is through hooded lanterns which the crewmen seem careful of where they point. The cylinders are all manned and many of the crew have spears or polearms at the ready. Tait and a few other crewmen stand at one side looking over the edge ofthe boat where you see a set of pulleys and winches lowering thick lengths of chain overboard.

Emperor Ing
2010-02-26, 05:04 PM
Stiekel will briefly head back out of sight into the ship to cast Mage Armor. She will then go back to where she was and stay there, waiting, watching, and slowering her breathing as to be inaudible.

Jair Barik
2010-02-26, 05:42 PM
It appears as though a pair of chains are being slowly lowered at the exact same speed over the side of the boat by a winch. Whatever it is seems to have Tait's undivided attention. You see a shadow fly through the mist near the ship as do several of the crew who nervously clutch their weapons and whisper nervously.

Not a word... Remain silent if you all want to live

the voice is loud yet hissed like a whisper in your ear. The crew all quickly fall silent again, Tait doesn't seem to notice.

Emperor Ing
2010-02-26, 07:56 PM
Stiekel will remain still, silent, invisible. ((Spell hasn't actually been cast))

Jair Barik
2010-02-27, 04:21 AM
Minutes go by and nothing seems to happen. Then a small bell rings over by Tait and they start reeling the chains back in. Something somewhere sticks briefly and the grinding of metal can be heard across the deck. This is replied to out in the mists by a savage wailing cry, repeated at least three times from different sides of the boat. The crewmen brace themselves, fear upon their faces, something is coming.

Emperor Ing
2010-02-27, 07:14 AM
Stiekel takes a few steps back away from the chains..

Jair Barik
2010-02-27, 10:40 AM
OOC: The chains are quite far away. They are attatched to some winches on the far side of the ship

Emperor Ing
2010-02-27, 12:13 PM
((Doesn't matter, that extra 5 ft of distance can be the difference between getting pwned by an ubercharger monster or it just running up beside me.))

Jair Barik
2010-02-27, 12:42 PM
(k, anything else your doing now? situation is still 'calm')

Emperor Ing
2010-02-27, 12:44 PM
((Nope, just waiting, watching...))

Jair Barik
2010-02-27, 01:04 PM
Out of the mist a winged beast, shaped like a grotesque horned man, flies onto the deck and slashing at one of the crew members snaps his halbred in half and hurls him over board. Another two beasts, similar in appearance though not identical (one has two tails instead of one, the other has tusks) fly out of the mist as well but their attacks are easily deflected by the crew. Each of these monsters has white to pale blue flesh with what you believe to be known as ice hanging from their bodies,

(you may act)

[roll0]
[roll1] [roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7] [roll8]

Emperor Ing
2010-02-27, 05:16 PM
Stiekel will try to cast Scorching Ray on the beast that managed to land a blow. She hopes these people are going to buy the whole "Psionic Pyrokineticist" thing.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Jair Barik
2010-02-27, 05:34 PM
The beast takes the blast to the chest and screeches in pain, its limbs starting to melt. It still fights on though picking up another crewman and shredding him with ease. Tait charges into another of the beast drawing a sword from his robes and slicing its head off in one blow. The rest of the crew form a tight ring about the other two beasts stabbing at them with pikes or trying to fight off other creatures that now seem to be jumping out of the mists. Another of these beasts lands directly in front of you, descending from the mists above and swipes you across the face, a cold chill running through your body (16 damage).

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

Emperor Ing
2010-02-27, 05:49 PM
((Her AC, because she did cast Mage Armor before the fight started, is 20))

She will back up 5 feet and attempt once again to incinerate this monster with another beam of fire.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Jair Barik
2010-02-28, 03:52 AM
(I know, it critted you though)

You back up and into the stairway firing off another shot at the monster who barely manages to dodge aside as your shot goes a little wide of the target. The monster then flies off to attactk a different target out of your sight.

Emperor Ing
2010-02-28, 01:29 PM
She will once again try another scorching ray.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Jair Barik
2010-02-28, 01:55 PM
Your flames engulf a second of the beasts wounding it sufficiently for it to be dispatched by the halberds. You can't see any more of the monsters from your current position (that are still alive at least) but it sounds as if something is still out there, the sound of the cylinders informing you of them begining to fire. Tait has made it up to the wheel by now and the wind rushes into the ships sails as it swings to the right. The winches have raised up showing a wooden platform with various lengths of ropes and some strange apparatus on it. Two kobolds leap over onto the ship hauling a third (wounded) comrade with them and beggining to pull the platform back aboard.

Emperor Ing
2010-03-01, 01:16 PM
Stiekel will go onto the deck and attempt to SR the last of the monsters if and only if there are any left.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Jair Barik
2010-03-01, 06:28 PM
You flame one of the final creatures mid air as it attempts to fly away. It drops like a stone plummeting into the mist and beyond sight. The wind is really roaring in the sails now and the crew are fast at work, a few hauling the bodies of the monsters overboard. Mighty bellowing sounds echo throughout the mist and Tait holds firm at the wheel, a look of what is either urgency or madness in his face.

Emperor Ing
2010-03-02, 11:56 AM
Stiekel will head back into the ship and wait for things to calm down before asking questions.

Jair Barik
2010-03-02, 12:03 PM
(How far into the ship? Back to your room, bottom of the stairwell?)

Emperor Ing
2010-03-02, 03:47 PM
(bottom of stairwell)

Jair Barik
2010-03-02, 04:01 PM
The ships movements are much more violent than the smoothness of yesterdays travel and it makes you feel slightly queasy. Outside you can hear lots of shouting and the occasional sound of unnatural things in the background (though most of these sound far off) after a little while you notice that the mist is clearing outside a window and the ships movements become less violent. There is still some sense of urgency in the shouting upstairs but it is less panicked and more controlled.

Emperor Ing
2010-03-02, 04:21 PM
Stiekel will wait a minute for good measure before heading back up to the deck and assessing the damage.

Jair Barik
2010-03-02, 05:24 PM
Walking out onto the deck the ship seems in relatively good stead while the crew are battered with a few badly wounded. Tait remains at the wheel but it seems as if the threat has passed, the crew are going about repairs, helping one another and moving various things about as opposed to being ready for battle. Behind the ship there is a strange wall of mist and clouds, slowly receeding as the hsip moves onwards, that stretches all across the horizon behind you and crackels from time to time with lightning.

Emperor Ing
2010-03-03, 07:43 AM
Stiekel for an unexplained reason puts her hand on the wound and she feels the rather deep cut the creature left, and that the cold from the creature seemed to burn like fire. Cold? Ice? What sort of machinations and manifestations could possibly be taking place that brought these things into existence?
She will go onto the deck and watch as the mist joins it's mystery with that of the horizon.

Jair Barik
2010-03-03, 11:08 AM
Walking further out onto the deck you feel a wave of inertia and almost throw up. Looking back at the mists you notice the grounds not there anymore, there is no land behind the ship, the wall of mist just dropping down into an endless abyss until either the dark or further clouds block out your sight.

Emperor Ing
2010-03-03, 03:12 PM
Looking down on the mist, hey where'd the ground go? Hey wait a second, where are we? Oh did she just think out loud for a sec there?

Jair Barik
2010-03-03, 05:25 PM
"The edge! Just heading back to land if you'd care to look towards the front of the boat. Heck, looking down you'll see it in a few seconds really." Taits voice is loud and clear from his position at the wheel, evidently he has heard you from his position at the wheel over the sounds of the rest of the crew.

Emperor Ing
2010-03-05, 10:14 AM
Stiekel turns to the side of the boat as the land repositions itself underneath the boat. After a minute Stiekel turns again to Tait.
What the hell was that?!

Jair Barik
2010-03-05, 01:03 PM
Tait looks at you in a slightly bemused fashion. "What was what? That is hardly very informative to me. You could mean any number of things by it. That was the ground passing beneath us. That was the mists of the edge, the obscuring clouds that deny us so much knowledge about the rest of creation. That was a beast of the self same mists, creatures we know nought of and cannot comprehend. As you see it is quite difficult for me to tell which that you refer to. I am true to my word though and given our speed we should reach the capital today."

Emperor Ing
2010-03-07, 12:42 PM
That is good enough for me, I do not wish to see any more of those creatures in my lifetime.

Jair Barik
2010-03-07, 12:56 PM
"Oh? And why would that be? What is so aboherrent about them that sets them apart from every other monster in the world? What traits did they have that makes them so vile in your regard, so terrifying you could say. I assure you mi'lady there are far worse creatures that lurk within the world, some of which hold extraordinary beauty."

Emperor Ing
2010-03-08, 12:59 PM
Indeed, however it is their traits that fall them into your definition of "worse" that I abhor. I do not care for creatures that wish no harm upon me, the Tarrasque of age old fable, a beast I am certain you have heard of. Unparraleled size, unimaginable dimension, and unsurpassed power. I do not consider them vile or abhorrent if it were to choose to avoid me, but surely you may be able to understand if I choose to look upon the most dashing beautiful man in anger and disgust if he impales me with his sword. For this reason, if given the option, I would choose not to risk impalation or discovering the scope of the power of the Tarrasque first hand. I do not abhor them for their appearance... Stiekel points to the long gash cutting diagonally from the side of her head down to her chest, cauterized with a cold that burns like fire. I abhor them for their actions.

Jair Barik
2010-03-08, 05:21 PM
"Ah the tarrasque... My grandfather fought with it you know... Well I say it, but I don't mean it. Not the true Tarrasque you understand, a crude replica.... Still immensely powerful though. They do leave him out of the history books on that matter though, probably for the best really...."

Tait gazes off into the air, a look of nostalgia, perhaps even sadness, upon his face.

Emperor Ing
2010-03-09, 11:14 AM
Stiekel inquires most curiously: A..replica? How does one replicate such a creature?

Jair Barik
2010-03-09, 12:34 PM
"One doesn't. The Old World does."

"Captain!" one of the crewmen stands below the captains position at the wheel and adresses him, holding a salute.

"Report?"

"Another two dead. Sef and Kadya, no other damage and the readings are safe."

Tait sighs.
"We continue as planned then. Full speed ahead, we should reach Sharadew before nightfall ideally. At most a day there and then on to Folgrave which we should reach.... hmmm looks like we should be there in about three days from now everything going accordingly... Dismissed."

"Aye sir."

The kobold returns to work.

Emperor Ing
2010-03-11, 10:51 AM
hmm, neverthless, I am quite certain you would not prefer to be in a position to judge the beauty of the tarrasque first hand. Am I right?

Jair Barik
2010-03-11, 11:54 AM
"Hmmm? What? Oh yes that. Well I suppose it depends upon the individual. You fear death yes? Well not I. I would sooner meet such a beast as the one we speak of, place my sword within its flesh and be quickly killed than to have my drink poisoned or my sleep interrupted by the dagger through the throat. I do not fear all death, only the death in which there is no glory, no adventure, no discovery or excitement!"

Emperor Ing
2010-03-13, 07:59 AM
Fear of death? And that is why I do not wish to see any more of those creatures in my lifetime.

Jair Barik
2010-03-13, 10:34 AM
Tait looks onwards towards the horizon and ajusts the wheel slightly. The crew have by now settled down slightly and the ship appears as it was yesterday, there is no real evidence of anything stranger than yesterday having happenned in the last hour or so.

Emperor Ing
2010-03-17, 11:42 AM
Stiekel will go to the front of the boat and look outward.

Jair Barik
2010-03-17, 12:14 PM
The boat is flying onwards across the desert. It is amazing to think but looking out this direction there is no real evidence that you are anywhere special. If you turn round again then your closeness to the edge is readily apparent but this way is no different from the desert you have known before. There are some stony dunes over to your left that aren't really big enough to be classed as mountains but are large enought to be visible at some distance, to your right the sand is much flatter.

Emperor Ing
2010-03-19, 09:43 AM
((I got the feeling you wanna fast forward through this))

Jair Barik
2010-03-19, 10:48 AM
((only if you want to. There are things that can be done aboard, places to explore NPC's to chat too and so forth but equally if you want to get to the city I'm happy to fast forward.))

Emperor Ing
2010-03-20, 01:44 PM
Stiekel will then go back into the ship and take a look around inside, mainly by going down the way she didn't take to get from her room to the deck.

Jair Barik
2010-03-20, 02:54 PM
Opening the remaining door at the bottom of the stairs (you know the others lead to your room and to the messhall) you find what seems to be a general store room that would appear to sretch parrallel to the messhall whilst also dipping down slightly below it (the room is quite open with floor boards you can see partly through the gaps in and a few stairs). It seems this is where all the ships food, water and other supplies (including the balls for the cylinders plus other spare resources for boat maintenance) are kept. Between here and the messhall you believe this explains pretty much the entire ships contents as you can see little other room aboard the ship for anything else to go. There aren't any other doors leading off of this room though so you know that this you can't get here directly from taits quarters or the mess hall.

Emperor Ing
2010-03-23, 06:36 AM
((You really aren't making this easy :smalltongue:))
Stiekel will wander aimlessly througout the ship.

Jair Barik
2010-03-23, 11:58 AM
The ship isn't particularly huge. There seems very little to see other than what you haven't already seen. A couple of faces pop up that you haven't seen before but not much else. The door at the back of the messhall is locked and so you can't get into it, the same goes for Taits quarters (if you try getting in that is) and the windows of the room are slightly tinted so you cannot see inside either. You are still unsure how many crewmen there are but a couple of roles you note amongst the crew include an older kobold who seems to be the cook (he spens all his time in the messhall at the very least, several scrawny kobolds whose jobs it seems to be to crawl amongst the sails and the rigging sorting them out, a quartermaster of some sort (a scholarly looking fellow who you se go into the store room on several occassions and is often carrying papers, and a particularly lazy fellow who seems to spend the entire day in his hammock.

Emperor Ing
2010-03-25, 05:49 PM
If possible, Stiekel will attempt to make conversation.
Greetings.

Jair Barik
2010-03-25, 06:18 PM
the kobold in the hammok opens an eyelid and looks at you, staring one eyed for a few moments then swinging about to face.

"Not seeeeen you afore. One of the new bluds ere on ship then?"

Emperor Ing
2010-03-26, 09:19 AM
Hm. No, actually, just a passenger.

Jair Barik
2010-03-26, 09:37 AM
"Passenger? Ole fire bloods takin passengers now? My what has the world come to. Ha!"

The kobold draws out a long thin knife and begins trimming his nails with it, scratching away at their dirt and length.

Emperor Ing
2010-03-26, 09:46 AM
It is for the better. I am quite certain before the scourging these...monsters in the rift, sands, and otherwise...was the world a better place before every day became a struggle for survival? She phrases it philosophically.

Jair Barik
2010-03-27, 02:58 AM
"Dunno. You'd have to ask somebody who was there and not even Tait was alive back then. You'd have ta ask somebody real old like Kulk, cept es probably dead, or another ancient dragpn, cept theyre mostly dead or mad, or Gr-.... Nah there's probably nobody left now. An its a moot point. We can't go back so why bother? All we can do now is take what we get given."

The Kobold talks in a joking manner but when he starts naming names he seems to cut himself off and then become more serious.

Emperor Ing
2010-03-27, 04:00 PM
I am assuming you know a few? Or at the least you did?

Jair Barik
2010-03-27, 04:35 PM
"Nah nobody knows anyone from back then. Nobody. Much too long back, humans don't live that long, even the elves and stuff have difficulty finding anyone old enough who aint senile or sufferin some kind of horrible affliction. Things have changed, the workd slowly kills of everyone who might know and so as i said we should forget about it all, leave it behind. Go snoopin into that sort of stuff and your looking fer trouble."

Emperor Ing
2010-03-29, 12:11 PM
Stiekel leans against the wall, what is it with these people? Half of them are playing stupid obviously the other just plain refuse to talk.
You seem rather quick to want to forget.

Jair Barik
2010-03-29, 12:52 PM
"Nah. More Tait doesn't like people talkin about such things. Likes his privacy and likes his friends to have their privacy. An interesting man with interesting friends is our captain ya know. Me? Less of a fan of privacy. Back in the day I was the scourge of the southern passage. Infamous border watcher, probably never heard of me, but I made sure that when they found the bodies they new it was Sasga who killed em. Kobolds, humies... I didn't care one way or other really... I still have the old necklace of ears if you want to see.... One for each person who actually put up a good fight."

the kobold begins to rummage around the folds of his clothing, apparently looking for this grusome piece of jewellry.

Emperor Ing
2010-03-30, 07:45 AM
Stiekel stands up straight, outstretching a hand in a stop gesture. Erhm, that is quite alright, I believe you. She leans back to the wall. I find it quite interesting that anyone is willing to hide out here. In the desert there are not very many places to hide. But how did someone as powerful as you end up working for someone like Tait?

Jair Barik
2010-03-30, 08:17 AM
Sasga smiles at your obvious repulsion.

"Reason I'm working for him? Two actually. One, cause he needs a man with my talents. Two because it was accept his generous offer or let him gut me where I stood. Its hardly a bad life, most days I don't have to work, when I do I'm in my element. That reminds me, whats the current head count on dead uns that I need to be replacing when we make land?"

Emperor Ing
2010-03-31, 12:15 PM
About.....four. I have not been keeping track so you might want to ask Tait about it. She leans back *sigh* I would not expect a straight answer however.

Jair Barik
2010-03-31, 01:58 PM
"Could be worse. Lost half the crew one time you know in an attack down south. Tait was being much too balsy there if you ask me but his 'sponsor' insisted upon. Bloody critter"

Emperor Ing
2010-04-03, 09:06 AM
Did the ambush involve an unusual creature summoning a gigantic army of unusual creatures out of nothing?

Jair Barik
2010-04-03, 10:15 AM
He gives you an eye for a bit then continues. "Don't recall mentioning any ambush. And no weren't nothin like that. Tait just bit off more than he could chew was all. Your question seems kinda specific if you ask me though..."

Emperor Ing
2010-04-03, 10:29 AM
...and you would be one hundred percent correct, I was just wondering whether my prior experience was unique.

Jair Barik
2010-04-03, 11:27 AM
"Sounds like youve had dealings with the abberations then. Tait knows all about that sort of thing, or at least knows more than he lets on, but I never really have much dealings with them myself. A couple of times when we go over the edge but not that often otherwise."

Emperor Ing
2010-04-03, 03:49 PM
The abberations just come out of nowhere?

Jair Barik
2010-04-03, 04:06 PM
Sasga is seeming to get slightly angry now.

"How do ya expect me ta know! WHo knows where they come from... Space, the edge, underground, another plane of existance? Perhaps they've been here all along and we just never noticed, perhaps things turn into them now. All I know is they were here before the scourging and there here now. The big group? They are very much right here, right now and are very much a threat..."

After this rant Sasga sighs and seems to calm slightly.

"I know one guy... He's alright. A Neogi by the name of Dardan. As far as Aberrations go he is a 'good' un of a bad lot, likely to stab you in the back and sell your corpse to the first man who offers money for it but at the very least you can do business with him. This big lot? They are somethin else. Mindless, vicous, single minded in whatever it is they are tryin ta-"

Sasga's face turns pale the knife he has been holding drops from his hand and clatters onto the floor and his eyes begin to dilate, his mouth hanging wide open. He stares at you... no not at you, behind you, transfixed by something just past your shoulder.

Emperor Ing
2010-04-04, 07:53 AM
Stiekel notices this shock and awe.

She tries to whisper with obvious fear in her vioce. Do I want to turn around?

Jair Barik
2010-04-04, 09:47 AM
Sasga shakes his head so slowly it is only noticeable because you are expecting it.

You hear a slimy humming behind you and smell an acrid scent. The voice is almost familiar. It is followed by a low groaning moan.

Emperor Ing
2010-04-04, 04:13 PM
Stiekel doesn't move, except for her eyes crunching in annoyance more than fear, and her mouthing "Fuuuuuuuuu-"

Jair Barik
2010-04-05, 04:51 AM
There is the soft padding sound of something moving across the floor towards you from behind. It sounds bigger than you but not too big.

Emperor Ing
2010-04-06, 06:24 AM
Stiekel continues to try and stand still, preparing an action to cast Still Scorching Ray if something goes amiss

Jair Barik
2010-04-06, 09:00 AM
There is a slight glow behind you and Sasga flies abruptly down the length of the room and crashes into the door behind the far end of the table.

You turn around to face an earthworm like creature about the height of a human, with a blunt ended head that has a round circular mouth filled with gnashing drooling teeth and has multiple small black eyes dotted about its head. It has two arms and two legs and is coated in a membraneous green glow that covers its entire body. Upon seeing it you let off your spell directly in its face coated the monster in a veil of flame that causes it to stumble backwards in shocked surprise as its flesh begins to char and bake.

(your initiative)

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]

[roll5]

Emperor Ing
2010-04-06, 10:11 AM
Placeholder text

[roll0]

Emperor Ing
2010-04-06, 10:17 AM
Stiekel can feel blood rush onto the site of her injury, cauterized by the cold of the blade of that...monster from the Rift. She's really in no condition to be involved in another battle with these creatures, the sheer luck of blasting this one in the face should supply her with enough time to make an escape.

She will run and attempt to go through the door Sasga crashed into.

Jair Barik
2010-04-06, 10:28 AM
(I meant it was your turn in initiative order. I already rolled and you won initiative. Also Sasga has hit the door but it hasn't actually broken down. ou can't tell if he is unconscious or not. Want to change your actions or continue headed for the door?)

Emperor Ing
2010-04-06, 10:45 AM
(Change actions, and you can just say "Your turn" or "You won init" :smalltongue:)

Stiekel backs up 5 feet (5 ft step) and feels the same heat energy surge through her arms, out her hand.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Jair Barik
2010-04-06, 10:54 AM
Your second flames scorch the creature causing it to bleed profusely. It appears to be within its last threads of life.

Moving around you to a different position it unleases a bolt of sound that you only barely manage to dodge aside from. It catches you slightly (7 points of damage) but you can see things could have been much worse as it continues onwards into Sasga and the door, sending the little kobold flying forwards thrugh what quickly turns into a storm of splinters as the sound rips a hole where the door used to be.

(your turn)

[roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]

Emperor Ing
2010-04-06, 01:53 PM
Stiekel notices the creature is within the last shreds of it's consciousness and is struggling to stay upright. One more move...one more..augh, the ringing! THE RINGING!!

Holding her hand out, three of her fingers pointed at the worm, she calls forth the magic missles to finish this foe off

[roll0]

Jair Barik
2010-04-06, 01:56 PM
Your missiles fly towards the creature but seem to fizzle out harmlessly in mid air. It seems to grin at you and then thrusts its head forwards and you feel an aching pain in your head as if you have been hit with a sledge hammer (7 damage).

(your turn)

[roll0]

[roll1]

Emperor Ing
2010-04-06, 02:45 PM
(It rolled a natural 1 and I take 7 damage? :smallconfused:)

Jair Barik
2010-04-06, 03:17 PM
OOC: Nat 1 is for your spell penetration (why the magic missile didn't work)
7 damage is from a Magic missile like effect it used on you.

Emperor Ing
2010-04-06, 04:24 PM
Magic missile 1 more time...

[roll0]

[roll1]

Jair Barik
2010-04-06, 04:53 PM
The magic missile fizzles once again, seeming unable to penetrate the creatures defenses. Another acrid smell fills the air as the creature seems to concentrate. Your head aches a little but there seems to be noticeable effect and the creature moves towards the door.

[roll0]

Emperor Ing
2010-04-07, 06:23 AM
One last time...magic missle.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Jair Barik
2010-04-07, 09:13 AM
This time the missiles break through the monsters spell resistance and it collapses to the ground, its head smacking into the floor and the aura about its body seeming to fade.

Emperor Ing
2010-04-07, 11:39 AM
((Is there a chance I can use Prestigitation in a coup-de-grace maneuver? :smalltongue:))

Stiekel will then (after coup de grace) briefly examine the comatose Sasga, what a joke, he is as much of a great a warrior as Stiekel is a psion.

Jair Barik
2010-04-07, 01:27 PM
Apart from some minor bruises and the effects of the sonic blast there doesn't seem to be anything physically wrong with Sasga. His breathing is normal but he is completely out cold. Regardless it doesn't appear as though he is any immediate danger of dying.

Through the door is another staircase, this one leading downward further into the ship.

Emperor Ing
2010-04-07, 03:46 PM
Stiekel will go down the staircase into the ship further.

Jair Barik
2010-04-07, 04:09 PM
The stairs descend into a darkened room which suddenly illuminates as you cross the freshold. From the beams along the walls it would appear this is the very bottom of the ship. The light doesn't seem to come from anywhere in particular but bathes the room in a twilight like glow. A door is built into one wall and there is a set of iron bars across the back of the room behind which is a curtain. In front of the bars is what appears to be a birdcage covered in a red satin cloth that sits upon a stand. Mounted upon the walls are the heads (and in some case other appendages) of various creatures, each with a plaque naming the specimen in both common and draconic. Two that immediately draw your eye are the head of a creature like those you saw the strange creature riding that you met in the burnt village (this is labelled as an Umber Hulk) and the head of a Gold dragon. Between you and the bird cage are three display cases each holding a number of pieces of jewellry, books or other such antiques sealed behind a pane of glass. Mounted beneath some of the heads are various weapons some clearly built for a kobold sized creature whilst others are much larger. Amongst these are a spear, axe, rapier, longsword and quater staff that all appear to be about kobold sized (each is also highly decorated).

As you gain your bearings a voice calls out from the other end of the room (though you cannot tell its precise origin) "Tait? Tait?"

Emperor Ing
2010-04-07, 04:46 PM
Hmm, enough time for exploring this place, let's see if Tait is willing to waste the time and effort on this coward.
Hello?

Jair Barik
2010-04-07, 06:11 PM
The voice doesn't seem to reply.

Emperor Ing
2010-04-07, 06:17 PM
Hmm, it seems she misinterpreted the origin of the voice. Stiekel will go back into the trohpy room again.
Hello?

Jair Barik
2010-04-08, 02:26 AM
Re-entering the room you hear the voice again.

"That you Tait?"

It is definitely coming from the far end of the room.

Emperor Ing
2010-04-08, 04:38 AM
Stiekel tries to move silently to the far end of the room.
It is not.
[roll0]

Jair Barik
2010-04-08, 11:05 AM
You are very loud moving across the floorboards but you make it to the other room. Until you reach the far end you do not hear the voice again.

"Tait? Tait?"

You notice now that the voice seems slightly muffled as if there is something between you and it or something covering it perhaps.

Emperor Ing
2010-04-08, 02:26 PM
Stiekel removes the covering to the bird cage. I am not Tait.